Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Orange Duce

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:52 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm There's nothing to legally sort out. It's totally legal. All of it.

Again, that's not the problem.

Conflict of interest.

You've heard of SCOTUS Justices recusing themselves from cases? You know there's no law forcing them to do that, right?
So we should give up the operational advantage of using Prestwick, because of a perceived conflict of interest, even if it's been vetted & established that there was no wrong doing ?
You have no sense of ethics.

The problem here is twofold:

(1) As a matter of ethics, any property owned by the president or his family should automatically be excluded from any U.S. government use or expenditure. PERIOD.

(2) Even if you somehow get around (1), U.S. utilization of the president’s property should not be increasing, as it has in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Is there a reason why all of the most corrupt presidential administrations of the past century have been Republican administrations? The complete lack of ethical sense displayed in this thread may explain why.

DocBarrister :roll:
Deplorable
Indeed.
DocBarrister 8-)
...& you have no sense of what really matters & what is sometimes necessary to complete the mission.
My only experience in this area was when our C141 had a malfunction on our way to Alaska and we landed at an airfield in Ft Lewis Washington. I guess the fact we were all carrying automatic weapons limited where we could stay. We did not even get a dog gone stipend. The best I remember we had C rations and canteen water and stayed in some no name flea bag motel somewhere near where our plane landed. There was not even a chocolate on our pillow or room service to speak of. Kudos to the US Airforce... their box lunches were awesome. The problem was 3 hours later after in flight rigging and dropping altitude down to the deck for a jump all of those box lunches found their way back up all over the plane. There was nothing like the smell of fresh vomit to stimulate the senses. :mrgreen: I wonder if the trump hotels would be jiggy with military guests that had to bring their rifles and other gear in the room with them? :roll:
Another grapes of wrath story!
No that was our plane had caught on fire story and could not make the flight all the way to Alaska. Maybe I can pay homage to Mr Steinbeck and simply call it Travels with Cradle... :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:16 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:08 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:52 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:57 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm There's nothing to legally sort out. It's totally legal. All of it.

Again, that's not the problem.

Conflict of interest.

You've heard of SCOTUS Justices recusing themselves from cases? You know there's no law forcing them to do that, right?
So we should give up the operational advantage of using Prestwick, because of a perceived conflict of interest, even if it's been vetted & established that there was no wrong doing ?
You have no sense of ethics.

The problem here is twofold:

(1) As a matter of ethics, any property owned by the president or his family should automatically be excluded from any U.S. government use or expenditure. PERIOD.

(2) Even if you somehow get around (1), U.S. utilization of the president’s property should not be increasing, as it has in 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Is there a reason why all of the most corrupt presidential administrations of the past century have been Republican administrations? The complete lack of ethical sense displayed in this thread may explain why.

DocBarrister :roll:
Deplorable
Indeed.
DocBarrister 8-)
...& you have no sense of what really matters & what is sometimes necessary to complete the mission.
My only experience in this area was when our C141 had a malfunction on our way to Alaska and we landed at an airfield in Ft Lewis Washington. I guess the fact we were all carrying automatic weapons limited where we could stay. We did not even get a dog gone stipend. The best I remember we had C rations and canteen water and stayed in some no name flea bag motel somewhere near where our plane landed. There was not even a chocolate on our pillow or room service to speak of. Kudos to the US Airforce... their box lunches were awesome. The problem was 3 hours later after in flight rigging and dropping altitude down to the deck for a jump all of those box lunches found their way back up all over the plane. There was nothing like the smell of fresh vomit to stimulate the senses. :mrgreen: I wonder if the trump hotels would be jiggy with military guests that had to bring their rifles and other gear in the room with them? :roll:
Another grapes of wrath story!
No that was our plane had caught on fire story and could not make the flight all the way to Alaska. Maybe I can pay homage to Mr Steinbeck and simply call it Travels with Cradle... :P
Into The Wild
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

One crew member was so struck by the choice of hotel — markedly different than the Marriotts and Hiltons the 176th maintenance squadron is used to — that he texted someone close to him and told him about the stay, sending a photo and noting that the crew’s per diem allowance wasn’t enough to cover food and drinks at the ritzy resort.
Has anyone been able to confirm this bit of crack journalism? No journalist has been able to find how much per diem these guys get and how much a roast beef sandwhich is at the ritzy resort?
Does anyone know if the one crewmember who was so struck by the choice of hotel that he couldn't resist sending a selfie to a friend saying, "Look at me in Glasgow, life is good. How's things at The Stumble In back home?"

Per diem is not an amount etched in stone, if I'm being sent to Dontcostmuch, Wyoming for a few days, I'm not going to get the same per diem I'd get if I were sent to Costsalot, Hawaii. One thing is for certain though, I will be given enough for three squares and a decent place to stay at either place I'm sent to.
While I was on recruiting duty, the rent in that area was wayyyy above what a person of my pay grade got for BAQ. I had an apartment about an hour outside of NYC in a nice apartment complex where the rent wasn't cheap. I sacraficed my BAQ and Uncle Sam picked up the tab for however much above that the rent was...life was good. Oh, he also gave me a government car to drive, a government credit card for gas, and toll tickets for all the tolls you run into in that area. Probably should mention that I was getting about an extra hundred and fifty bucks a month because I was living out in Civlant too. Life was real good for a young couple, believe me. This is a BS story about these guys not being given enough to buy a meal.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:39 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:15 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm Where's that bootlicker cartoon when we need it?

Perhaps an emoji.
Have you looked up your ass ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: It is hiding behind his I like Ike button which he also keeps safe and secure way up there in the nether regions.
That I found funny, cradle. :D
I'm indeed a very old guy, but my first chance to pull the lever was in 1980.

Salty clearly thinks he's the bootlicker referenced.
Doesn't think it's funny to be called a toady or a shill either.

Unfortunately all this hand waving he and others do to try to 'explain' Trump reveals a core lack of integrity.

It's really not that hard to recognize that he's a liar and a cheat.
And that he has made a practice of surrounding himself with liars and cheats, who will 'stay loyal' to him.

That is, it's easy unless one really doesn't know what lying and cheating is (which I just don't think is the case with any of you guys).

If I'm right that Salty and others know better, this loyalty to Trump is getting them dirty, causing them to not be fully honest and consistent in the standards they would have for any other POTUS, most particularly a POTUS with whom they otherwise had no partisan or policy alignment.

Here's the way you guys might want to think about this a little differently:

Trump dirties everyone who gets close to him. If you are actually concerned about people within institutions like the USAF, then you should be concerned with how having a liar and a cheat at the top can cause them to get dirty ethically.

Again, this is on Trump. He should have liquidated his properties and gone to a blind trust, or absent that, issued an Executive Order that no government business was to be done by any of his interests. Simple.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Sic transit gloria Mundi. The narcissism of one man torpedos a carefully negotiated agreement because he couldn't figure out a way to take credit for the deal.

Sad.
But the Taliban’s insistence that its visit come after a deal was reached “would become a fundamental dividing point contributing to the collapse of the talks,” according to the Times:

Mr. Trump did not want the Camp David meeting to be a celebration of the deal; after staying out of the details of what has been a delicate effort in a complicated region, Mr. Trump wanted to be the dealmaker who would put the final parts together himself, or at least be perceived to be.

The idea was for Mr. Trump to hold separate meetings at Camp David with the Taliban and with Mr. Ghani, leading to a more global resolution.

Trump, in other words, didn’t want an end to the Afghanistan war so much as he wanted to be seen brokering an end to the war. When he tweet-canceled the apparent Camp David peace summit that he’d asked for, I recalled how he’d canceled the Singapore summit with North Korea in May 2018, after commemorative coins for the meeting had already been struck, over Pyongyang’s “open hostility” in the press. Trump reversed himself and declared the summit back on the following day, after he received a “warm and productive statement” from the North Koreans.
https://newrepublic.com/article/155003/ ... -diplomacy
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump Says Fed Should Reduce Rates to ‘Zero, or Less’
Blaming ‘boneheads’ at the Fed, president says U.S. is missing out on opportunity
The president said last month that the Fed should cut its benchmark interest rate by at least a full percentage point and resume its crisis-era program of buying bonds to lower long-term borrowing costs. Such moves would typically be considered only when the economy faces a substantial downturn.
He has to be joking or an idiot.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Wondering when the adults in the room are going to stop messing with our economy. We are NOT prepared for economic problems.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:09 am Sic transit gloria Mundi. The narcissism of one man torpedos a carefully negotiated agreement because he couldn't figure out a way to take credit for the deal.

Sad.
But the Taliban’s insistence that its visit come after a deal was reached “would become a fundamental dividing point contributing to the collapse of the talks,” according to the Times:

Mr. Trump did not want the Camp David meeting to be a celebration of the deal; after staying out of the details of what has been a delicate effort in a complicated region, Mr. Trump wanted to be the dealmaker who would put the final parts together himself, or at least be perceived to be.

The idea was for Mr. Trump to hold separate meetings at Camp David with the Taliban and with Mr. Ghani, leading to a more global resolution.

Trump, in other words, didn’t want an end to the Afghanistan war so much as he wanted to be seen brokering an end to the war. When he tweet-canceled the apparent Camp David peace summit that he’d asked for, I recalled how he’d canceled the Singapore summit with North Korea in May 2018, after commemorative coins for the meeting had already been struck, over Pyongyang’s “open hostility” in the press. Trump reversed himself and declared the summit back on the following day, after he received a “warm and productive statement” from the North Koreans.
https://newrepublic.com/article/155003/ ... -diplomacy
Does anyone have video of tRump physically typing on a phone, tweeting?

ANd, of course, tRump is calling the shots, not the usual suspects. Liz Warren's campaign staff are too stupid to head to Wisconsin to drum up support, high liting the 100 year anniversary of the 19th amendment..........big big rally in Racine perhaps? Maybe she can talk to the fisherman of lake Michigan, see if climate change is having them catch fish they have never seen before. Because most fisherman do NOT head south Lizzie, in the winter, no sir. And fisherman are TOO stupid (deplorables most likely ) to ID and have knowledge of the marine life they catch. It's not as if NOAA isn't keeping an eye on them :roll:

IN other words, taats want tRump to win again. He ensured that by signing the largest spending bill in US history. Anything increase, in the budget? Dufesne?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
smoova

Post by smoova »

" ... and we should then start to refinance our debt."

Naïveté indeed.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

smoova wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:13 am " ... and we should then start to refinance our debt."

Naïveté indeed.
Translation: "I want the Trump Organization to be able to take advantage of lower commercial rates that will follow this change in interest rates to make my lifestyle more affordable..."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:52 pm Where's that bootlicker cartoon when we need it?

Perhaps an emoji.
:lol: :lol: :lol: It is hiding behind his I like Ike button which he also keeps safe and secure way up there in the nether regions.

Unfortunately all this hand waving he and others do to try to 'explain' Trump reveals a core lack of integrity.

And that he has made a practice of surrounding himself with liars and cheats, who will 'stay loyal' to him.

That is, it's easy unless one really doesn't know what lying and cheating is (which I just don't think is the case with any of you guys).

If I'm right that Salty and others know better, this loyalty to Trump is getting them dirty, causing them to not be fully honest and consistent in the standards they would have for any other POTUS, most particularly a POTUS with whom they otherwise had no partisan or policy alignment.

Trump dirties everyone who gets close to him. If you are actually concerned about people within institutions like the USAF, then you should be concerned with how having a liar and a cheat at the top can cause them to get dirty ethically.

Again, this is on Trump. He should have liquidated his properties and gone to a blind trust, or absent that, issued an Executive Order that no government business was to be done by any of his interests. Simple.
The US Air Force is corrupt & our President is getting kick backs on fuel sales to their planes.
Thanks for the lecture on ethics. You have a firm grasp on reality.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

There's more personnel turnover in the Trump regime than at a MacDonald's. :oops:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:42 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:08 am

Perhaps an emoji.

The US Air Force is corrupt & our President is getting kick backs on fuel sales to their planes.
Thanks for the lecture on ethics. You have a firm grasp on reality.
Yeah, that's what I said. :roll: :roll: :roll:

No, I said the President is corrupt and it rolls downhill from him.
Anyone who gets close eventually gets dirty or gets fired (or both).

This is 100% on him, IMO.
(And the bootlickers who kowtow to him and/or vote for him.)

I can say it 100 times but Trump had two choices to avoid these ethical problems:

1) Liquidate his holdings and covert the cash to a fully blind trust; or
2) Do an Executive Order prohibiting all agencies and gov't personnel from doing any business with his holdings.

So stop trying to excuse his behavior if you actually do care for USAF and/or anyone else that is downstream from Trump.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 am
One crew member was so struck by the choice of hotel — markedly different than the Marriotts and Hiltons the 176th maintenance squadron is used to — that he texted someone close to him and told him about the stay, sending a photo and noting that the crew’s per diem allowance wasn’t enough to cover food and drinks at the ritzy resort.
Has anyone been able to confirm this bit of crack journalism? No journalist has been able to find how much per diem these guys get and how much a roast beef sandwhich is at the ritzy resort?
Does anyone know if the one crewmember who was so struck by the choice of hotel that he couldn't resist sending a selfie to a friend saying, "Look at me in Glasgow, life is good. How's things at The Stumble In back home?"
CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 pm No surprise here, but the r's will now have to find another defense for their hero:

JUST POSTED: Trump Org Had Deal With Airport That Sent Flight US Air Force Crews to His Resort in Scotland

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/p ... berry.html
The crew, which consisted of active duty and national guard members from Alaska, was charged $136 per room, which was less expensive than a Marriott property’s rate of $161. And both were under the per diem rate of $166.

Dmac, if the times article is correct and they doubled up they might have enough for that roast beef sandwich. ;) Almost stayed there and if so, I could have given you an update :lol:

The wife and I, along with another couple, visited Scotland in 2017. The men were golfing while the ladies did their thing. I set up all the logistics. Among others, we played Turnberry, Troon and Prestwick, three of the best in the world. We could have stayed at Trump Turnberry for 12k SPG points or 36k Marriott points. I was shocked as I’ve stayed in No Tell Motels for less points than that. The green fee rate for guests would have been more than half the rate for a non guest. Nope, my friend’s wife was not having it, didn’t want to give Trump a dime. I tried to explain the cost difference in the golf would be doing just that, giving him an additional $150 or so, using points is not giving him $$$, cash for another night in an Airbnb,etc. All to no avail.
Attachments
3FC896FC-D7F3-4B92-AB42-8212B5DA7280.jpeg
3FC896FC-D7F3-4B92-AB42-8212B5DA7280.jpeg (37.85 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
A7F351E8-3C03-4DE1-B7F8-AB47FC4E453E.jpeg
A7F351E8-3C03-4DE1-B7F8-AB47FC4E453E.jpeg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 1518 times
a fan

Post by a fan »

Gross. This is life in prison stuff, if you ask me. Sticking it to the people who need help the most...

FEMA Deputy Regional Administrator, Former President Of Cobra Acquisitions, LLC, And Another Former FEMA Employee Indicted For Conspiracy To Commit Bribery, Honest Services Wire Fraud, Disaster Fraud, Among Other Charges

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ex-fema-offi ... lief-fraud

https://www.justice.gov/usao-pr/pr/fema ... nd-another
a fan

Post by a fan »

Score one for the Trump Administration!! Bravo!!

Press conference at the WH I saw said they were banning all non-tobacco flavors.

So long as they follow through, and this is real? Well done!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/trump-te ... n-proposal
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:06 pm Score one for the Trump Administration!! Bravo!!

Press conference at the WH I saw said they were banning all non-tobacco flavors.

So long as they follow through, and this is real? Well done!

https://www.foxnews.com/health/trump-te ... n-proposal
Agreed. Right path and kudos if they follow through.

But can't help wondering what the response from the Trumpists would be if say ex-Mayor Bloomberg (GOP), much the less current Mayor of NYC(D)...or Obama's Administration... had proposed such a restriction of "freedom"?

"nanny-state"????
DMac

Post by DMac »

Thanks, 6, sounds as if the anonymous texter was right, he couldn't afford food AND DRINKS? Rough stuff. Could have if he had passed on the roast beef sandwich at Trump's place and someone had made a short run to one of the several places nearby though.
Jane's Delicatessen is six miles down the road....25 High Street, Maybole, South Ayrshire, KA19 7AB
"A modest shop on the main street stocked with a good range of Ayrshire, Scottish and specialist food including Barwhey's cheese, also serving takeaway snacks and soup"....sell beer there too.
As you say, if they double up they've got all kinds of money to spend.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:56 am

Per diem is not an amount etched in stone, if I'm being sent to Dontcostmuch, Wyoming for a few days, I'm not going to get the same per diem I'd get if I were sent to Costsalot, Hawaii. One thing is for certain though, I will be given enough for three squares and a decent place to stay at either place I'm sent to.
While I was on recruiting duty, the rent in that area was wayyyy above what a person of my pay grade got for BAQ. I had an apartment about an hour outside of NYC in a nice apartment complex where the rent wasn't cheap. I sacraficed my BAQ and Uncle Sam picked up the tab for however much above that the rent was...life was good. Oh, he also gave me a government car to drive, a government credit card for gas, and toll tickets for all the tolls you run into in that area. Probably should mention that I was getting about an extra hundred and fifty bucks a month because I was living out in Civlant too. Life was real good for a young couple, believe me. This is a BS story about these guys not being given enough to buy a meal.
Yeah, such cheap places in Jackson Hole. Didn't some group meet there.....like always. Must be the United Garment Workers.....yeah, them's the ones that rented the cheaps in Wyoming ;)

We slept on the floor at many airports, whats this about mattress', sheets, tv, running water, etc. Per diem. For Military? What the heck
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 pm Thanks, 6, sounds as if the anonymous texter was right, he couldn't afford food AND DRINKS? Rough stuff. Could have if he had passed on the roast beef sandwich at Trump's place and someone had made a short run to one of the several places nearby though.
Jane's Delicatessen is six miles down the road....25 High Street, Maybole, South Ayrshire, KA19 7AB
"A modest shop on the main street stocked with a good range of Ayrshire, Scottish and specialist food including Barwhey's cheese, also serving takeaway snacks and soup"....sell beer there too.
As you say, if they double up they've got all kinds of money to spend.
Curry delivery.

Return to “POLITICS”