Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 pm https://www.npr.org/2019/09/05/75780388 ... to-ireland

Trump profited from Pence trip to Doonbeg.

I’ve often wondered what Pence did. Now I know why he was Manafort’s pick. Talent recognizes talent. According to data collected by CREW, Pence has made over 20 visits to Trump properties since January 2017. So has Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has made 16 visits. Systemic grifters in our highest offices. Barr won’t stop the flow of American tax dollars into Trump’s pocket. He’s good for 30 k of his own dough. Mitch? Please, b....
Can't wait to hear how he isn't a poster child for exactly why the enulments clause was put in place.
The Emoluments Clause pertains to foreign corrupting influences, so we'd need to look at most of this domestic enrichment as grossly unethical practices, perhaps criminal under other statutes (or not), but not falling under the Emoluments Clause per se.

The foreign spending at Trump properties is another matter...

But if your point is that the Founders were worried about a President taking bribes, or other corrupt acts, yes, they were!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:57 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:23 pm I wonder if it is in the best interest to stay at a Trump facility?....maybe those facilities are already under heightened security and surveillance? Therefore there are less moving pieces during movement orders? Just spit-balling thoughts.
Worked at the Four Seasons in Wash DC through college. All high end hotels in major cities are designed to handle security and VIPs. We had heave Secret Service and other security details through the place on dozens of occasions.

You always knew, for example, that King Hussein was arriving in town, because out came the bomb dogs. I knew that my job was serious when they trained us on answering the phone: they made the point that it wasn't a question of deflecting crafty National Enquirer reporters, but rather telling someone a VIP was in house could lead to their death, and everyone on staff at the time. Rude awakening for a kid my age.
I heard stories about when he came in and essentially took over the place and entire floors were reserved just no one could get a room anywhere near his floor or even below him. They’d even fly in their expensive sports cars to drive around.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shocker, r hero o d lied about the weather for his rally today.

Trump just said there are people in line for his rally and "they are soaking wet." Per CNN's @betsy_klein , "it is 88 and sunny here in Fayetteville. It has not rained here today."

In fact, there was no rain there today...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

No surprise here, but the r's will now have to find another defense for their hero:

JUST POSTED: Trump Org Had Deal With Airport That Sent Flight US Air Force Crews to His Resort in Scotland

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/09/us/p ... berry.html
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Looky looky, more Big Brother from o d:

TRUMP COMMERCE CHIEF WILBUR ROSS THREATENED NOAA TO AGREE WITH PRESIDENT'S ALABAMA HURRICANE TWEET: REPORT

https://www.newsweek.com/commerce-secre ... mp-1458391
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:49 pm Shocker, r hero o d lied about the weather for his rally today.

Trump just said there are people in line for his rally and "they are soaking wet." Per CNN's @betsy_klein , "it is 88 and sunny here in Fayetteville. It has not rained here today."

In fact, there was no rain there today...
That trotted out line has gotten old.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:23 pm I wonder if it is in the best interest to stay at a Trump facility?....maybe those facilities are already under heightened security and surveillance? Therefore there are less moving pieces during movement orders? Just spit-balling thoughts.
Worked at the Four Seasons in Wash DC through college. All high end hotels in major cities are designed to handle security and VIPs. We had heave Secret Service and other security details through the place on dozens of occasions.

You always knew, for example, that King Hussein was arriving in town, because out came the bomb dogs. I knew that my job was serious when they trained us on answering the phone: they made the point that it wasn't a question of deflecting crafty National Enquirer reporters, but rather telling someone a VIP was in house could lead to their death, and everyone on staff at the time. Rude awakening for a kid my age.
I worked with a guy whose family was close to the King. Ethiopian cat that was on my desk. He had the guy next door type of relationship. I have not thought about him in years.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 pm No surprise here, but the r's will now have to find another defense for their hero:

JUST POSTED: Trump Org Had Deal With Airport That Sent Flight US Air Force Crews to His Resort in Scotland

In 2014. .:roll:.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 pm

I heard stories about when he came in and essentially took over the place and entire floors were reserved just no one could get a room anywhere near his floor or even below him. They’d even fly in their expensive sports cars to drive around.
I could tell Four Seasons stories until the cows come home. Worked the Front Desk. The week I arrived, the Front Desk asst. manager told me that Trump had his "famous" fight with his first wife a few steps away in the lobby.

Met so many people. Had so many remarkable encounters. Dennis Miller, whom I sarcastically walked to the elevator with over the top pomp. He got the joke, smirked and said "nice touch, my man". Sigorney Weaver and I talked about the book she had when she checked in late at night. Turned out she was a Lit. major at Stanford. Janet Jackson (never saw her, just her dancers----wow.) Have a great Muhammed Ali story. Stevie Wonder. Tina Turner...walked her and a pianist to a spare grand piano so she could rehearse pre-show. Kenny G played for a few minutes at Sunday brunch....laugh, but it was amazing. Robert Fulghum. Jerry Garcia. Eisner and all those Disney execs coming in for weeks while they tried to open "Civil War Disney"...remember that? Arnold, Sly, Willis, Penny Marshall et. al for the Planet Hollywood opening. Countless CEO's from all manner of companies. Maury Povich & Connie Chung (first time I met him, didn't know who he was...asked him to spell his name....my co-worker, a 4 foot nothing Japanese woman hipchecked me away from the terminal with a "welcome back Mr. Povich". The MNF crew with Dan Dierdorf who had the biggest hands I've ever seen. Stephanpolous at the height of his fame...was seeing another guest, Jennifer Grey at the time. Hume Cronyn & Jessica Tandy. Gregory Hines. Liz Taylor.......

Thing I remember most is how lonely most of those famous and important people are. If you could carry a regular ol' conversation with them, you'd wind up BSing for 15 minutes about a myriad of topics when you had the 3-11 pm shift. It was eye opening. Taught me wit, and how to think on your feet. And taught me that we're all human, and have more in common than we don't....
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:05 pm
foreverlax wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:08 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:37 pm https://www.npr.org/2019/09/05/75780388 ... to-ireland

Trump profited from Pence trip to Doonbeg.

I’ve often wondered what Pence did. Now I know why he was Manafort’s pick. Talent recognizes talent. According to data collected by CREW, Pence has made over 20 visits to Trump properties since January 2017. So has Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross has made 16 visits. Systemic grifters in our highest offices. Barr won’t stop the flow of American tax dollars into Trump’s pocket. He’s good for 30 k of his own dough. Mitch? Please, b....
Can't wait to hear how he isn't a poster child for exactly why the enulments clause was put in place.
The Emoluments Clause pertains to foreign corrupting influences, so we'd need to look at most of this domestic enrichment as grossly unethical practices, perhaps criminal under other statutes (or not), but not falling under the Emoluments Clause per se.

The foreign spending at Trump properties is another matter...

But if your point is that the Founders were worried about a President taking bribes, or other corrupt acts, yes, they were!
That is exactly the point....they must have assumed no POTUS would EVER be as brazen as DOPUS
Typical Lax Dad

A guy that worked for me has a sister that worked that front desk! What a coincidence.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:43 pm

I could tell Four Seasons stories until the cows come home. Worked the Front Desk. The week I arrived, the Front Desk asst. manager told me that Trump had his "famous" fight with his first wife a few steps away in the lobby.

Met so many people. Had so many remarkable encounters. Dennis Miller, whom I sarcastically walked to the elevator with over the top pomp. He got the joke, smirked and said "nice touch, my man". Sigorney Weaver and I talked about the book she had when she checked in late at night. Turned out she was a Lit. major at Stanford. Janet Jackson (never saw her, just her dancers----wow.) Have a great Muhammed Ali story. Stevie Wonder. Tina Turner...walked her and a pianist to a spare grand piano so she could rehearse pre-show. Kenny G played for a few minutes at Sunday brunch....laugh, but it was amazing. Robert Fulghum. Jerry Garcia. Eisner and all those Disney execs coming in for weeks while they tried to open "Civil War Disney"...remember that? Arnold, Sly, Willis, Penny Marshall et. al for the Planet Hollywood opening. Countless CEO's from all manner of companies. Maury Povich & Connie Chung (first time I met him, didn't know who he was...asked him to spell his name....my co-worker, a 4 foot nothing Japanese woman hipchecked me away from the terminal with a "welcome back Mr. Povich". The MNF crew with Dan Dierdorf who had the biggest hands I've ever seen. Stephanpolous at the height of his fame...was seeing another guest, Jennifer Grey at the time. Hume Cronyn & Jessica Tandy. Gregory Hines. Liz Taylor.......

Thing I remember most is how lonely most of those famous and important people are. If you could carry a regular ol' conversation with them, you'd wind up BSing for 15 minutes about a myriad of topics when you had the 3-11 pm shift. It was eye opening. Taught me wit, and how to think on your feet. And taught me that we're all human, and have more in common than we don't....
So cool, thank you for taking the time to jot down and share your experience with us.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 pm No surprise here, but the r's will now have to find another defense for their hero:

So, the question is what Trump received in return in this "partnership". Just hotel stays?
Or a slice of the gas revenue?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:06 am

You are blind, or stupid.

Your hero o d just said "I know nothing.."; and yet in 2014 there was an explict deal done to make this happen.

DEPLORABLE.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:55 am

Your hero o d just said "I know nothing.."; and yet in 2014 there was an explict deal done to make this happen.

DEPLORABLE.
Salty is going to remain who he is. So are a whole lot of other folks.
Frustrating, but he's proven to be unshakeable in his apologia for Der Leader.

Evangelicals being told that voting for R's, even Roy Moore, is "voting for God". 80% went for Moore.

Dems are evil...whether evangelical or just Trumpist, there's no low Trump can't go.
There's always an excuse.

We know Trump lies. They don't care.
We know he's greedy, they don't care.
We know he cheats, they don't care.

Fortunately they are not a majority of the country.

On this one, beyond just knowing there's a deal with Prestwick, which Trump himself negotiated, he knows its terms.
So, the question is what are those terms?
Is it a slice of the gas revenue or some other financial benefit?
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Just how dangerously ignorant and stupid is Donald Trump? He doesn’t support the most valuable source of intelligence, human intelligence, because he’s worried it might ruin his personal relationship with tyrants like Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong Un:

(CNN) President Donald Trump has privately and repeatedly expressed opposition to the use of foreign intelligence from covert sources, including overseas spies who provide the US government with crucial information about hostile countries, according to multiple senior officials who served under Trump.

Trump has privately said that foreign spies can damage relations with their host countries and undermine his personal relationships with their leaders, the sources said. The President "believes we shouldn't be doing that to each other," one former Trump administration official told CNN.

... Trump's skeptical view on foreign informants undermines one of the most essential ways that American intelligence agencies gather information about US adversaries, including analysis of their capabilities and intentions. In the intelligence community, this information is referred to as "HUMINT," which is short for "human intelligence." This is distinguished from so-called "SIGINT," or "signals intelligence," which includes intercepted emails, telephone calls, and text messages.

https://edition-m.cnn.com/2019/09/10/po ... CA3AAF45B6

Those of you who criticized Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server and supported Donald Trump should apologize for endangering our nation’s security.

We’re waiting ....

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It is being reported that John Bolton is out.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... er-1488093

President Donald Trump has ousted national security adviser John Bolton, saying in a surprise tweet Tuesday that he and the controversial aide often clashed on foreign policy matters.

"I informed John Bolton last night that his services are no longer needed at the White House," Trump wrote.

"I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions, as did others in the Administration, and therefore ... I asked John for his resignation, which was given to me this morning. I thank John very much for his service," the president continued, adding that he will name a new national security adviser sometime next week.

But Bolton, who was scheduled to appear at a White House briefing later Tuesday afternoon alongside Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, offered a conflicting account on Twitter minutes after the Trump's posts.

"I offered to resign last night and President Trump said, 'Let's talk about it tomorrow,'" he wrote online."

Tough guy had to fire him.
Typical Lax Dad

You can’t quit. You are fired. What a dope.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 am

DEPLORABLE.

On this one, beyond just knowing there's a deal with Prestwick, which Trump himself negotiated, he knows its terms.
This is what your TDS conspiracy theories have devolved into. They are not rational. Sad (& funny).
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:18 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:47 am

DEPLORABLE.

This is what your TDS conspiracy theories have devolved into. They are not rational. Sad (& funny).
Trump even gets blamed for things he did before he was president, as a president. Classic lefty logic. :lol: :lol: #WhackAMole
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”