All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:U.S. is second biggest loser from climate change economically, bombshell study finds

"Study blows up "total myth" that climate action benefits other countries more."

$8 billion in "funding" over seven years from ERC

https://erc.europa.eu/sites/default/fil ... 7-2013.pdf

Producing mumbo-jumbo speak speak reports like the one you linked.

No thoughts of your own on the content of the report? You just post it and walk away? "bombshell" study :roll: why so violent?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Hey! I won $20!! Fatty, our pre-eminent Climate Change Denialist jumped all over this post, like he does with EVERY CC post. :?

Surprise!

How much did i cost to educate Fatty coming up through Blue State Massachusettes? Inquiring minds wish to know.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

https://pwccc.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/ ... agreement/

1. Why don't you espouse these values ? (pretend believers who still drive cars, use AC and heat, fly, drive, and live in homes that have 1000 sq. feet per occupant )

2. Why haven't you ever read this agreement?

3. Now that you have, will you support it?

No....thought not.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:Hey! I won $20!! Fatty, our pre-eminent Climate Change Denialist jumped all over this post, like he does with EVERY CC post. :?

Surprise!

How much did i cost to educate Fatty coming up through Blue State Massachusettes? Inquiring minds wish to know.

Like I stated...no thoughts.

the climate changes every single day, who the F denies that? Keep on using simpleton remarks. Can you ever post solutions to the problem you perceive, or do you just complain ?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

runrussellrun wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:Hey! I won $20!! Fatty, our pre-eminent Climate Change Denialist jumped all over this post, like he does with EVERY CC post. :?

Surprise!

Like I stated...no thoughts.

the climate changes every single day, who the F denies that? Keep on using simpleton remarks. Can you ever post solutions to the problem you perceive, or do you just complain ?[/quote
Dislaaxic just got curb stomped!!! bwaahahaha
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Does the Green Party support the idea of attacking climate change? Do they believe it is real and mostly man-made??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

You know the answer to this question, and you know I know too. You and yours just want to blah blah blah about problems, real or perceived, and offer NO solutions. Which you continue to do.

But, I will provide a very detailed, specific answer when YOU do the same to the above questions regarding the People’s Agreement of Cochabamba.

Why won't you support this or answer?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Wind farms cause global warming LOL! You can't make this stuff up.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... down-side/
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Bandito wrote:Wind farms cause global warming LOL! You can't make this stuff up.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/ ... down-side/
hahahahahahahaHarvard no less.

I don't know why I laugh I would love to see the long term solution to clean energy - but I have been saying this about wind for years on LP.

There are only two renewable energy sources I have come across that I believe have real promise in terms of cost and complete environmental footprint versus natural gas. Geothermal and Algae. And even with the geothermal - you have to be very careful about placement relative to geological stability (earthquakes bad shaking2 ).

Distributed solar isn't too bad, until you take a peak behind the curtain and see what a silica mine looks like......
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I would include nukes, but I still don't love our solution to nuclear waste - stick it in a hole and hope for the best..... :shock:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote:I would include nukes, but I still don't love our solution to nuclear waste - stick it in a hole and hope for the best..... :shock:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/07/world/cl ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/energy-e ... 800dda407f

"The world stands on the brink of failure when it comes to holding global warming to moderate levels, and nations will need to take “unprecedented” actions to cut their carbon emissions over the next decade, according to a landmark report by the top scientific body studying climate change.

With global emissions showing few signs of slowing and the United States — the world’s second-largest emitter of carbon dioxide — rolling back a suite of Obama-era climate measures, the prospects for meeting the most ambitious goals of the 2015 Paris agreement look increasingly slim. To avoid racing past warming of 1.5 degrees Celsius (2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) over preindustrial levels would require a “rapid and far-reaching” transformation of human civilization at a magnitude that has never happened before, the group found."

Not sure we have the right leadership in place right now to tackle this.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster, so, you're with me in implementing laws that would BAN automobiles in the SE region of the USA? If not, you just aren't serious in wanting to SOLVE the carbon problem. It rains, what, 10 days a year in southern california? you don't support US companies like URB-E and Wolf? Call bunk to you and yours really wanting to solve a problem. What, getting over 100 mpg WON'T reduce American's carbon footprint. Oh, the safety joke? Ever hit a college campus and notice all the kids riding around?

The ignoring of this simple solution is so indickative of people just bitching and not solving. Fact that Gov. brown won't lead is proof they do NOT want to fix anything.

https://www.wolfbrandscooters.com/about-us/
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:seacoaster, so, you're with me in implementing laws that would BAN automobiles in the SE region of the USA? If not, you just aren't serious in wanting to SOLVE the carbon problem. It rains, what, 10 days a year in southern california? you don't support US companies like URB-E and Wolf? Call bunk to you and yours really wanting to solve a problem. What, getting over 100 mpg WON'T reduce American's carbon footprint. Oh, the safety joke? Ever hit a college campus and notice all the kids riding around?

The ignoring of this simple solution is so indickative of people just bitching and not solving. Fact that Gov. brown won't lead is proof they do NOT want to fix anything.

https://www.wolfbrandscooters.com/about-us/
Been shooting the messenger for 15 years...... we are a nation of nincompoops. Worried about someone making some money on alternative energy while big oil companies operate as non profit charities.....
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Our grandchildren will curse us.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU77

Post by CU77 »

40% of them will blame it on Hilary's e-mails.
Typical Lax Dad

CU77 wrote:40% of them will blame it on Hilary's e-mails.
Closer to 30%
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Wake Up, World Leaders. The Alarm Is Deafening.

NYT Editorial Board opinion...

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Return to “POLITICS”