JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:33 pm :lol:
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:24 pm https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/politics ... index.html I was not sure where else to post this. SEALS are elite soldiers but they are also human beings. I have no idea what the particular allegations are but when you put even the most highly trained soldiers into harms way... they will act like soldiers and sailors will do. My father talked about all of the French wine and cognac they liberated as they fought their way through France. I suppose when everyday of your life people out there on the other side are shooting at you and trying to kill you. You really don't give a flying fig about political correctness. You live for the day. In WW2 the GIs didn't think about coming home. You lived everyday knowing that you were already dead. Why is that? because the hope of coming home will get you killed.
:lol: :lol:
Don't worry TLD... there will always be brave men and women out there willing to give their lives for chicken s**t individuals such as yourself.
Have good friends with kids that are SEALS...I know 4 or 5 and 2 Rangers! Love the old grapes of wrath stories! You should ask about how little it takes to get someone kicked out of the program today.. not much sport.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:24 pm https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/06/politics ... index.html I was not sure where else to post this. SEALS are elite soldiers but they are also human beings. I have no idea what the particular allegations are but when you put even the most highly trained soldiers into harms way... they will act like soldiers and sailors will do. My father talked about all of the French wine and cognac they liberated as they fought their way through France. I suppose when everyday of your life people out there on the other side are shooting at you and trying to kill you. You really don't give a flying fig about political correctness. You live for the day. In WW2 the GIs didn't think about coming home. You lived everyday knowing that you were already dead. Why is that? because the hope of coming home will get you killed.
Don't worry TLD... there will always be brave men and women out there willing to give their lives for chicken s**t individuals such as yourself.
Whoa, cradle, over the line on the personal.

I don't understand what you mean by "I have no idea what the particular allegations are..."; did you read the first paragraph??

These guys were busted out for sexual assault and drinking on duty by their subordinates.
Their bosses had lost confidence in their ability to lead their people effectively.

Seems to me that leadership matters.
The Seals are better than these guys, if the allegations are accurate.

Of course, this is simply what the bosses have to say.
Could be more to it, but that's plenty, right?

Lot of folks in prison for just being "human beings".
Deservedly in prison.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Speaking of Military Waste.

Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/ ... at-1484337

Welfare Warriors, splurging Taxpayer dollars
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:15 pm

I don't understand what you mean by "I have no idea what the particular allegations are..."; did you read the first paragraph??

These guys were busted out for sexual assault and drinking on duty by their subordinates.
Their bosses had lost confidence in their ability to lead their people effectively.

Deservedly in prison.
From what I have been told, and maybe a parent on this board with a son committed to the process may add, is that the Navy has little tolerance and is quick to weed candidates out. The numbers are big so the military doesn’t have to put up with in. A friends kid was very far Alin and had completed the second stage and did something dumb, far less than these guys, and he was removed and told to try again in two years. I need to check in on him. I know two others that have recently been deployed and their parent said the same thing. No room for screw ups. C&S needs to get around more. His info is dated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Deservedly in prison.
From what I have been told, and maybe a parent on this board with a son committed to the process may add, is that the Navy has little tolerance and is quick to weed candidates out. The numbers are big so the military doesn’t have to put up with in. A friends kid was very far Alin and had completed the second stage and did something dumb, far less than these guys, and he was removed and told to try again in two years. I need to check in on him. I know two others that have recently been deployed and their parent said the same thing. No room for screw ups. C&S needs to get around more. His info is dated.
Just to be clear, it was the subordinates who committed the worst of the offenses, at least according to the article.

But apparently the officers had lost control. Accountability.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Deservedly in prison.
Just to be clear, it was the subordinates who committed the worst of the offenses, at least according to the article.

Yes. My guess is that it is more than just some guys having a couple of beers and blowing off steam.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:51 pm

Deservedly in prison.

Yes. My guess is that it is more than just some guys having a couple of beers and blowing off steam.
sexual assault doesn't sound ok
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:31 pm Speaking of Military Waste.

Stopovers on translant fights at Prestwick are not unusual. Nobody cared before it was a chance to bash Trump.
http://www.abct.org.uk/airfields/airfie ... prestwick/

Military aircraft from the UK, USA and Canada are among those who continue to regularly use the airfield as a stop off and refuelling point, all of which proved most useful during both Gulf Wars.
We used to stay at the lodge on St Andrews golf course when flying SeeBees into a Navy Comm Station in Edzell, Scotland.
I don't recall if we flew them into RNAS Prestwick or RAF Lossiemouth, but for stopovers at both those airports, it was as cheap to stay at St Andrews as any other hotels. Until 2016, there was a Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) at Prestwick Airport.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:39 am

Stopovers on translant fights at Prestwick are not unusual. Nobody cared before it was a chance to bash Trump.

Military aircraft from the UK, USA and Canada are among those who continue to regularly use the airfield as a stop off and refuelling point, all of which proved most useful during both Gulf Wars.
We used to stay at the lodge on St Andrews golf course when flying SeeBees into a Navy Comm Station in Edzell, Scotland.
I don't recall if we flew them into RNAS Prestwick or RAF Lossiemouth, but for stopovers at both those airports, it was as cheap to stay at St Andrews as any other hotels. Until 2016, there was a Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) at Prestwick Airport.
So why not be transparent and show that this is in fact something that has been going on for decades?

“The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation,” said a senior Democratic aide on the oversight panel. “The committee will be forced to consider alternative steps if the Pentagon does not begin complying voluntarily in the coming days.”
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 am

So why not be transparent and show that this is in fact something that has been going on for decades?

“The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation,” said a senior Democratic aide on the oversight panel. “The committee will be forced to consider alternative steps if the Pentagon does not begin complying voluntarily in the coming days.”
Because, contrary to Salty's implication, even Prestwick's own sales piece he linked does not suggest that Prestwick was being used as suggested this way by US in the last decade or so.

This was Trump driven.
But no worries, this is small potatoes and certainly Trumpists don't give a darn.
"It's smart business" will be the next thing we hear, "he's a smart businessman, not a politician".
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

So you didn’t lay over in an expensive hotel owned by the President and his family. Gotcha.

Any other accommodations for a night or two near Prestwick?

Do you even see your nearly knee-jerk effort to normalize everything about this administration? This is not SOP. Cancel the primary.

Cue the TDS reference.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:11 am
CU88 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 am

Because, contrary to Salty's implication, even Prestwick's own sales piece he linked does not suggest that Prestwick was being used as suggested this way by US in the last decade or so.

This was Trump driven.
But no worries, this is small potatoes and certainly Trumpists don't give a darn.
"It's smart business" will be the next thing we hear, "he's a smart businessman, not a politician".
You have no idea what myriad factors prompted the crew (or scheduler) to choose Prestwick as their stopover point.
The C-17 is a massive aircraft. It can't be accommodated just anywhere. They frequent airports with big ramps, prompt service & contract fuel.
The author doesn't know jack. By refueling in Scotland, enroute to presumably a US destination from Kuwait, they were obviously on a northern great circle route. The alternative airports listed in Germany, Spain & Italy were much farther south & closer to Kuwait (& further from their destination). RAF Lakeheath is a fighter base. It wasn't open to stopover service for transient transport aircraft when I was flying into the UK.
RAF Mildenhall is a tanker base next door that hosted transport aircraft, but it's in the process of closing. They might explain the shift to Prestwick.
Agree this was Trump driven. TDS driven, to be more precise.
AS far as not being used within the last decade -- check out the dates of C-17 ops at Prestwick these video clips.
The Military Times story on this shows a Canadian C-17 on the ramp at Prestwick.
You TDS Zombies will swallow anything, so long as it's anti-Trump.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt

Post by old salt »

Even larger USAF C-5's have been using Prestwick.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... SaWmgsF4Ue
Here's a Canadian C-17 at Prestwick in 2011.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuMKTAa ... dex=3&t=0s
Here's a C-5 at Prestwick in 2012 -- Obama payoff ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQFOY7B ... e&index=10
You TDS fools swallow this stuff without question.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:14 pm Even larger USAF C-5's have been using Prestwick.
Thanks for these interesting and largely irrelevant links. Now — ready? — did the crews stay at a resort hotel 30 miles away owned by the President and his family?

And thanks for the “TDS” reference. Bootlicking is nothing if not predictable.
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:06 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:14 pm Even larger USAF C-5's have been using Prestwick.
Thanks for these interesting and largely irrelevant links. Now — ready? — did the crews stay at a resort hotel 30 miles away owned by the President and his family?

And thanks for the “TDS” reference. Bootlicking is nothing if not predictable.
If you follow the links in the TDS articles posted, you'll see that Prestwick has built a niche as a refueling stopover airport catering to large transport & military aircraft on trans-Atlantic flights. That includes offering cut rate rooms, arranged by the airport operator, for transiting aircrews at Turnberry.
It also confirmed my hunch that the USAF is routing more missions via Prestwick as they drawdown their presence & capability ar RAF Mildenhall.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... of-airport

A publicly owned Scottish airport is being used by the US military to launch frontline operations and is striking deals with Donald Trump’s golf resort in an effort to stem its heavy financial losses.

An investigation by the Guardian has revealed Glasgow Prestwick airport is a base for live missions by the US Air Force, while its executives have highlighted its close relations with President Trump’s nearby resort at Turnberry to promote its bid to become a spaceport backed by the US government.

The coastal airport, 32 miles south of Glasgow, was bought for £1 by the Scottish government in November 2013, when Alex Salmond was first minister, to save it from closure. Between then and April 2017 the airport lost £26.5m as 500,000 civilian passengers a year went to rival airports.

In an effort to stem its losses, Prestwick executives have attended military fairs across the US to pursue contracts to service cargo flights, troop transports and air-to-air refueling operations for the US Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, National Guard and the US Defense Logistics Agency.
...the USAF confirmed Prestwick was used to support frontline US military operations.

Maj Richard Komurek, a USAF spokesman for Europe and Africa, said: “Glasgow Prestwick airport is one of a variety of airfields within Europe that can be used to support a full range of USAF operations.

“The forward-basing of US aircraft in Europe enhances our ability to conduct rapid global mobility, global strike operations and training to maintain combat-ready forces that are ready to respond to contingencies and support allies and partners.”

The documents reveal that USAF Stratotanker air-to-air refueling aircraft operated several sorties from Prestwick while based there for three weeks in May 2017. That month, the USAF also approved “active duty missions” from Prestwick for Hercules C130 cargo planes for its air mobility command, which describes the C130 as “the prime transport for airdropping troops and equipment into hostile areas”.

Brown was told a visit by US diplomats to Prestwick to prepare for Trump’s arrival to open the Turnberry resort in June 2016 led to new contacts with the USAF’s European chief of defense and the US air attache to the UK. In October 2016, Prestwick signed a three-year basing and fuel supply deal with the Defense Logistics Agency, helping it almost double its income from fuel sales to £3m last year.

Brown was told those contacts also led to the USAF earmarking Prestwick to take a greater share of its flights after it leaves Mildenhall airbase in Suffolk, its largest base in the UK, in 2024.

The Scottish government said approving military flights was a matter for aviation authorities controlled by the UK government, and that Prestwick had been used by Nato air forces for decades.

...Prestwick struck deals with Trump Turnberry to supply cut-price rooms for select passengers and crew. According to the Sunday Post newspaper, Prestwick also offered free rounds of golf at Turnberry to visiting US military and civilian air crews. Prestwick said it had special arrangements with other hotels in Ayrshire.

“The funding given to the airport supports vital employment, and if we had not stepped in, the closure of the airport would have dealt a heavy blow to the local and national economies. Handling private and military flights has always been a part of Glasgow Prestwick airport’s business.”
Last edited by old salt on Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:50 pm
You have no idea what myriad factors prompted the crew (or scheduler) to choose Prestwick as their stopover point.
Ohh FFS, that's not the problem, and you know it. The problem is the appearance of a conflict of interest. This is EXACTLY why these soldiers shouldn't be anywhere near a Trump property.

Did these soldiers stay at a Trump property, or not? If the answer yes, then sorry mate, that's a conflict, and isn't ok.

You say that they went there all the time before Trump arrived? Fantastic news. That means there's a myriad of places to stay that aren't owned by Trump. Send them there. Problem solved. Everyone's happy. Well, except Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 pm
Ohh FFS, that's not the problem, and you know it. The problem is the appearance of a conflict of interest. This is EXACTLY why these soldiers shouldn't be anywhere near a Trump property.

Did these soldiers stay at a Trump property, or not? If the answer yes, then sorry mate, that's a conflict, and isn't ok.

You say that they went there all the time before Trump arrived? Fantastic news. That means there's a myriad of places to stay that aren't owned by Trump. Send them there. Problem solved. Everyone's happy. Well, except Trump.
Read my subsequent posts & you'll see this is a Scottish tabloid nothing burger.
USAF crews are famous for travelling with their golf clubs.
I don't play, but that's why we got cut rate rooms & a free ride from airport to St Andrews, on mandatory crew rest layovers.
This reminds me of the mid-continent military contract fuel FBO in OK who used to have female taxi directors in bikini tops.
You'd get a cooler full of prime OK steaks with every fill up.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I don't have a problem with that, and you know it.

You KNOW what the problem is here. Stop calling other posters TDS'ers. It's not okay for them to stay or golf at Trump properties. Off limits.

You have been ALL OVER US for rank and file Federal Employees following ethical rules when it comes to your Deep State. This is no different.

Be consistent, for heaven's sake.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:37 pm

According to one of the articles I read, at least on one trip a pair of personnel drove some distance to Turnberry from the airport to stay the night. It was the fact that one of them actually shared details on social media to friends that a reporter knew to look. The question is if this is a more widespread practice...

Return to “POLITICS”