Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Orange Duce

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 am
RedFromMI wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:44 pm Just having some FanLax fun with ya CU88. Showing how sensitive Trump is that he had to go find the one map that had black lines in Alabama not drawn in by a sharpie from the oval office.
Note the date in the lower left corner of the pic - 3-4 days _before_ he sent out his tweet.

Looks like CYA from staff to me.

Now understand that the National Hurricane Center is making these calculations for a _very_ serious purpose. They want to make sure that as much preparation of the infrastructure/response is done without wasting efforts on areas where there is no present danger. The fact that you might, according to early calculations, have some impact on Alabama would make the emergency services/managers there (in AL) pay attention. But each set of calculations supersede the previous ones, as you have more up-to-date data. So the attentions of those in AL shifts from preparation of the local population to setting up whatever assistance might be deemed necessary for the neighboring/impacted states.

So the President then uses dump information (at the time of his tweet) to send out what is in fact misinformation. It is actually illegal by US code to do that, but I don't think that the issue of prosecution is going to be a serious concern here. (However, it may if they have to prosecute someone else for doing the same thing, and that person can point out the no prosecution for the President...) But the key here is the NHC has to spend extra time/resources/attention to clearing up that misinformation. You can get exhausted dealing with just the hurricane, and now you have an extra and very unnecessary burden.

Unfortunately, no matter how you spin this one, it is not a good look for the OD - either he is not paying attention (remember: hourly updates when he was relaxing/golfing instead of that Poland trip), is willfully misleading, or the worst case is he is NOT getting those hourly updates.

I think this just shows something about the massive _incompetence_ of the current administration - from the top down.
Good summary. Imagine the folks in Alabama getting the inbound calls from Trump's Twitter followers and needing to tell them that Trump is all wet...or lying to them and saying they should be worried and stay tuned...waste of time and resources, and very, very awkward

Bothered me that the DHS Secretary is right there with Trump showing that phony map. Had to know it had been falsified and that it was grossly misleading.

This really is what fascism looks like at it develops, with folks in serious positions of power doing whatever Der Leader's whims are at that moment.

Where's the line?
"Where's the line"?

Give o d a sharpie, and he will draw that line; again, again, and again; as it suits his need...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Actually the Prez doesn't need a Sharpie to give us phony line, he's been doing that without one for a couple of years now.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Indeed

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

They will soon be calling me MR. BREXIT!
8:11 AM · Aug 18, 2016·Twitter for Android
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:30 am It's times like #sharpiegate that I give thanks that Al Gore invented the internet.

Hilarious stuff out there.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-sh ... mWcnup6JUG
SharpieMadness is indeed hilarious. It has taken on a life of it's own.
The MostlySillyMedia is obsessed with it.
A catastrophic hurricane has become a set up line for the latest TDS obsession.
Another Trump shiny object diversion. Mission accomplished.
Anything to avoid covering the Russiagate investigation implosion.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Off Topic.....you can also use a sharpie cap as a fuel line removal tool. And did you know if you want to remove a sharpie mark...just use the sharpie over top of the mark and then wipe clean :D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 pm
Right. I thought you said that was a deadend, and people were sick of hearing about that?

Hey, great news though, you'll be getting more wall?

Got any spin on the military projects getting defunded to build it?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:30 am It's times like #sharpiegate that I give thanks that Al Gore invented the internet.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-sh ... mWcnup6JUG
SharpieMadness is indeed hilarious. It has taken on a life of it's own.
The MostlySillyMedia is obsessed with it.
A catastrophic hurricane has become a set up line for the latest TDS obsession.
Another Trump shiny object diversion. Mission accomplished.
It's just a continuation of his clown show. Making it up as he goes, slipping and sliding in his own verbal poop...it's who he is.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Here’s what he’s hiding:

Senator Chris Murphy—“Not surprisingly, here in Kiev everyone is focused on why the Trump Administration is withholding security aid. Anxiety that U.S. is abandoning Ukraine is high. Confusion abounds.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ggait

Post by ggait »

-$160 million for projects at USMA.

We're gonna build that wall, and West Point is gonna pay for it!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:36 pm
Right. I thought you said that was a deadend, and people were sick of hearing about that?

Yeah. I'm with Andrea Mitchell. I'm highly upset that the new child care center at Joint Base Andrews will be delayed for a year. They'll have to make do with the existing one. It made me laugh. Whenever we had a CODEL visit our base in Spain, they weren't interested in seeing the new sprinkler system we installed in the weapons magazines or the metal building kit the SeaBees brought over on deployment & erected as a hangar for our 2 brand new C-12 King Airs. They could care less about the money we saved by doing it ourself. They had to get their pictures taken in front of the new MILCON funded child care center.

Nowhere is more Congressional pork buried than in the MILCON budget. I bet most of these cuts are in blue districts in which the Reps & Senators are a PITA to Trump. Chuck Schumer crying about poor underfunded West Point. They can use tents. .:lol:.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:38 pm Here’s what he’s hiding:

Senator Chris Murphy—“Not surprisingly, here in Kiev everyone is focused on why the Trump Administration is withholding security aid. Anxiety that U.S. is abandoning Ukraine is high. Confusion abounds.”
Yeah. We might cut back to Obama levels of aid if they don't clean up the corruption.
old salt

Post by old salt »

They are. That's why IfTrueTV has jumped the shark with SharpieGate.
Gotta feed the TDS Zombie audience 24/7 of TrumpHate programming.
a fan

Post by a fan »

And FoxNation? Hannity has been talking about Mueller every day for 2 years and counting.

Russia was and is the best distraction Trump could have ever hoped for......
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Yeah. I'm with Andrea Mitchell. I'm highly upset that the new child care center at Joint Base Andrews will be delayed for a year. They'll have to make do with the existing one. It made me laugh. Whenever we had a CODEL visit our base in Spain, they weren't interested in seeing the new sprinkler system we installed in the weapons magazines or the metal building kit the SeaBees brought over on deployment & erected as a hangar for our 2 brand new C-12 King Airs. They could care less about the money we saved by doing it ourself. They had to get their pictures taken in front of the new MILCON funded child care center.

Nowhere is more Congressional pork buried than in the MILCON budget. I bet most of these cuts are in blue districts in which the Reps & Senators are a PITA to Trump. Chuck Schumer crying about poor underfunded West Point. They can use tents. .:lol:.
There it is. Nicely done. And at the same exact time? Well, the military is hollowed out, and desperately needs more money.

No matter what, they don't have enough money, and simultaneously have money to burn....and it all depends on what letter is by the name of the President. Neat!
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... the latest TDS obsession.

It will be recalled that the Obama hate campaign was filled with obsessive daily attacks about the ever rising national debt and the "train wreck" that was Obamacare. Well, well now. The debt is bigger than ever and over a million have lost health care coverage thanks to the Nitwit-In-Chief. People die due to lack of health care and it is the born again Charlatan in the White Wash House who is responsible for those needless deaths. So where are all the right wing attacks on those failings?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
smoova

Post by smoova »

ggait wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Even Salty knows those filthy sons of slum and gravy don't need any new engineering facilities. Certainly does set an interesting precedent for future administrations with respect to service academies: why, exactly, do those places need such expensive lacrosse teams when millions of citizens don't have basic health care? I smell a "national emergency" ...
Last edited by smoova on Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:33 pm

... the latest TDS obsession.

It will be recalled that the Obama hate campaign was filled with obsessive daily attacks about the ever rising national debt and the "train wreck" that was Obamacare. Well, well now. The debt is bigger than ever and over a million have lost health care coverage thanks to the Nitwit-In-Chief. People die due to lack of health care and it is the born again Charlatan in the White Wash House who is responsible for those needless deaths. So where are all the right wing attacks on those failings?
They are still mostly scared of being primaried by a more Trumpist candidate. And the OD himself is still defending his misrepresentation of the forecasting while an anonymous WH source spills to the WaPo that it was the Pres wielding the Sharpie himself.

Kind of a perfect representation of the current state of insanity in our current administration.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:21 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:04 pm

There it is. Nicely done. And at the same exact time? Well, the military is hollowed out, and desperately needs more money.

No matter what, they don't have enough money, and simultaneously have money to burn....and it all depends on what letter is by the name of the President. Neat!
.:lol:. -- the hollowed out military needs new ships & planes & spare parts to overhaul old ones, not the Andrea Mitchell Child Care Center.
old salt

Post by old salt »

smoova wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:09 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:50 pm

Even Salty knows those filthy sons of slum and gravy don't need any new engineering facilities. Certainly does set an interesting precedent for future administrations with respect to service academies: why, exactly, do those places need such expensive lacrosse teams when millions of citizens don't have basic health care? I smell a "national emergency" ...
Well done. ...now that's a pretty subtle tell for a WooP. .;).
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:50 pm .:lol:. -- the hollowed out military needs new ships & planes & spare parts to overhaul old ones, not the Andrea Mitchell Child Care Center.
A distinction you did not make during the 8 years of Obama. You blamed Obama. Obviously the Pentagon and Congress is the problem.

Return to “POLITICS”