The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:40 pm Trump wants to reduce our trade imbalance, reduce the offshoring of jobs & save what he can of our manufacturing & diversified industrial base.
This is like saying I want everyone in America to make more money. This is a campaign promise, not a trade offer/strategy. I'm not obfuscating anything. You could accomplish any of those goals, and make the 1% wealthier than ever, and not help the American worker one iota.

You can reduce our trade imbalance, and still stick it to American workers.

You can reduce the offshoring of jobs, and still stick it to American workers.

He can save our manufacturing base, and still stick it to American workers.

I'm happy to detail how, if you'd like.

My point to you, that you keep ignoring, is that Trump has NEVER said that the end game is protect the average American worker across the board. You're implying that he has. He hasn't, sorry.

I'm not complaining just to complain. I'm telling you: Trump doesn't know how do do any of these three things. And it's not the 1st inning, old salt. It's the 5th inning. The reason Trump hasn't spelled all this out is that he doesn't know what to do.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 am Buchanan & I are happy. Ross Perot is smiling down on us.
Kind of an ugly thing to say, but just politically speaking, thank goodness the old white guys, with their bigotry and misogyny, are fast declining in #'s and as a % of the electorate.

But a ton of damage as they go out of power.
Including "nationalism" and "isolation" and "trade wars are easy to win".
All of apiece.

I'll take credit where I can. :lol:

Which aspect(s) do you see as nonsense?

That the "old white guys" are declining in both #'s and % ?
Or that they're more bigoted and misogynistic than any other large demographic?
Or that "nationalism" and "isolationism" and "trade wars are easy to win" are all most popular to their demographic as well?

In many folks' eyes I'm an "old white guy" too, so let's be clear that I don't think our demographic (60+ white) is determinative of one's views, just that what I've cited is far more prevalent in our age group. Add education and socioeconomic status and this becomes even more true. But not absolute.
Daddy issues.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

CAMAGA

They have the right idea...do away with unions...thanks Ronnie! Maximize shareholder value....here is where we are...but hey, YOUR 401K is up! :D :D :D
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:11 am Buchanan & I are happy. Ross Perot is smiling down on us.
Kind of an ugly thing to say, but just politically speaking, thank goodness the old white guys, with their bigotry and misogyny, are fast declining in #'s and as a % of the electorate.

But a ton of damage as they go out of power.
Including "nationalism" and "isolation" and "trade wars are easy to win".
All of apiece.

I'll take credit where I can. :lol:

Which aspect(s) do you see as nonsense?

That the "old white guys" are declining in both #'s and % ?
Or that they're more bigoted and misogynistic than any other large demographic?
Or that "nationalism" and "isolationism" and "trade wars are easy to win" are all most popular to their demographic as well?

In many folks' eyes I'm an "old white guy" too, so let's be clear that I don't think our demographic (60+ white) is determinative of one's views, just that what I've cited is far more prevalent in our age group. Add education and socioeconomic status and this becomes even more true. But not absolute.
Daddy issues.
Yup, you guys all want the 'strong daddy' to take care of you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The way Justice Kavanaugh stacked his intern pool I think he’s trying to provide fatherly warmth to his underlings...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

As long as he doesn’t make them boof with him.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Still astounded the tiger moms daughter is one of them...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Whatever it takes.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm I worked at a GM plant for two summers in Dayton. Was a summer intern. The war on unions has led to wage stagnation and job loss as companies have made more and more money. The anti-union lobby has done a great job brainwashing the Americans. Companies were profitable and people earned a good wage and a good standard of living. Now companies are more profitable and people make less over the past 30 years.
Do you feel that US auto workers at Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW & Mercedes plants in the US are fairly compensated ?
Have not followed it. It’s a different time with a different standard of living. A hard working guy in a factory could buy a home, put kids through college without them being saddled with debt and retire with a pension and full benefits. Those days left in the 80’s and are not coming back. By the time the Great Recession rolled around, it wiped folks out but the little bites had been taken out for years. Like a gold fish in a tank with a predator that takes little nips. The poor fish doesn’t realize he is being eaten. That’s the American worker.
Some things never change.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... d=22670555

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 143405001/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Man, that is some heartbreaking stuff, old salt.

Speaking as someone who lived up that way-----the effects of prohibition never went away in Michigan and Illinois. The corruption in government and unions are all still there....it's crazy. It's like living in a banana republic. If I had known, I would have never left Colorado.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:03 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:54 pm I worked at a GM plant for two summers in Dayton. Was a summer intern. The war on unions has led to wage stagnation and job loss as companies have made more and more money. The anti-union lobby has done a great job brainwashing the Americans. Companies were profitable and people earned a good wage and a good standard of living. Now companies are more profitable and people make less over the past 30 years.
Do you feel that US auto workers at Toyota, Nissan, Honda, BMW & Mercedes plants in the US are fairly compensated ?
Have not followed it. It’s a different time with a different standard of living. A hard working guy in a factory could buy a home, put kids through college without them being saddled with debt and retire with a pension and full benefits. Those days left in the 80’s and are not coming back. By the time the Great Recession rolled around, it wiped folks out but the little bites had been taken out for years. Like a gold fish in a tank with a predator that takes little nips. The poor fish doesn’t realize he is being eaten. That’s the American worker.
Some things never change.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... d=22670555

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 143405001/
Thanks. Corruption needs to be rooted out at all levels. So the average American factory worker is better off today versus 35 years ago?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

U.S. Manufacturing Contracts for First Time in Three Years

Manufacturing is technically already in a recession in the U.S. with a Federal Reserve measure of output declining in two consecutive quarters. The malaise is consistent with developments in the sector around the world. By one measure, global factory activity has declined 15 straight months and contracted in the last three.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... hree-years
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

oh no!

dunno about the rest of the USA but here in Lake WOEbegone there have been quite a number of stores closing down such as Sears, KMart, Walmart's, Herbergers, etc
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 am Nice to see you are rooting against America. :roll:

Trump's Policy "Magic Wand" Boosts Manufacturing Jobs 399% In First 26 Months Over Obama's Last 26
What a bunch of Buffalo Bagels. Notice the author made no mention of the now four MASSIVE spending bills, totaling over $3 Trillion in new spending...every penny borrowed. Oh yeah, that had NO effect on the economy, so why bother mentioning it?

Why is it so hard for fake conservatives to be honest about the fiscal stimulus that every single R POTUS since Nixon has used? Afraid libs will catch on that government spending----every penny of it borrowed----is the only way Republicans know how to get the economy moving?

Further, there's the same stupid claim: Employers, especially those faced with making long-term investments in physical plants and equipment, anticipated regulatory relief under Trump. They got the relief they hoped for. By October 2018, the Trump Administration cut 2.7 major regulations for every one added, greatly reducing regulatory cost and risk.

Can anyone name a regulation that was removed by Trump that had a material effect on their employer? We all have jobs, no? All different business sectors, no? Between all of us on the Cooler, we should be able to name DOZENS of regulations that were removed that led to more folks showing up at our places of business.

And yet no one can mention one, let alone dozens. Why don't Republican voters call BS on this repeated claim?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevor ... 25ecd620a6
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:15 am Nice to see you are rooting against America. :roll:

Trump's Policy "Magic Wand" Boosts Manufacturing Jobs 399% In First 26 Months Over Obama's Last 26
Attachments
r's.jpg
r's.jpg (14.58 KiB) Viewed 1271 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:42 am

MD is our resident republican... I sure hope he doesn't take offense to that very funny portrayal of republicans. 8-)
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:00 pm
CU88 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:42 am

MD is our resident republican... I sure hope he doesn't take offense to that very funny portrayal of republicans. 8-)
😊

Nah, I’ve pretty much given up arguing about the conflation of Trumpists and Republicans. I was hoping for better, but the GOP leadership is nearly entirely cowed by or in thrall to Der Leader. I’d prefer an ostrich metaphor, but this one has perhaps the right ‘bite’.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If a dude who spewed as much vitriol as joe Walsh can publicly apologize for his role and behavior and reject the current situation there’s still hope. Need to bring George will back, stop having guys quit or give up. I find this calling all Republicans stupid or heartless or whatever to be problematic in a two party system. Seems a convenient heuristic for a certain cohort to angle for one party and everyone either as to get on board for be ruled by the tyranny of the majority.

Return to “POLITICS”