Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by houndace1 »

NovaHound wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 pm
NovaHound wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm Can we just get back to talking about some lacrosse....??

What did you have in mind? I can talk Eric Pacheco all day long. Or Cam Wyers. Or Najee Taylor. Or Joey Kamish. Or Kevin Lindley. Bailey Savio. Jack Griffin. Or any of our players. Or how we will win the D1 Natty. Or how I will be feasting on 2 dozen crabs and 3 cold ones on May 29th. Or how our page count is close to toppling that other school's...

But you need to step out from the shadows and tell us what YOU want to talk 'bout.
Thanks for helping me out fellas :lol:

Impressive bios on the incoming class. Several newcomers look like they may contribute immediately. You generally get 1 or 2 freshman ready to play. Will know more after Fall scrimmages.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/8/29 ... pencer-lax

And the Coaches are excited according to the article attached. That bodes well for the team and its fans:)

That's enough from me for one day PB... :lol:
agree on the freshman, there could be at least 3 freshman starting or getting many minutes this season. If anybody goes to the game against villanova on Oct 13th please take notes. Going off of history, there will also be a scrimmage against UNC in January.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

OK PB - more lax news for HoundAce1

Villanova is at 1200 on 12 Oct - RAC

25 Jan - opponent TBD (Maybe UNC comes to the RAC this year)

01 Feb - Richmond away
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

NovaHound wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:19 pm OK PB - more lax news for HoundAce1

Villanova is at 1200 on 12 Oct - RAC

25 Jan - opponent TBD (Maybe UNC comes to the RAC this year)

01 Feb - Richmond away
it's most likely UNC and richmond and York college due to the coaching relationship between Toomey, Metzbower (UNC) and Chemotti (Richmond) as they were former Offensive Coordinators
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The coed snark? You are living in the past. Notre Dame is not LC btw. But it was the first experience I had freshman year. Evergreen House was a great play location in addition the the ND dorms.

When you resort to snark you have lost
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:52 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:26 pm Those young guys, the single best recruiting class in all of D1 (certainly the best looking class!), could possibly end up with four rings on four fingers by 2023. You heard her here first.

8-)
really, look small
Charlie Toomey, Sean Heffernan, David Metz, Gavin Prout, Mike Battista, Mike Sullivan, Gewas Schindler, Steve Brundage, PT Ricci, Eric Lusby, Josh Hawkins, Scott Ratliff, Kevin Lindley and the myriad of other “small” Greyhound All American really approve of this comment.

Gotta have a little something extra for motivation...

:D
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Also, they're not actually "small". Two attack frosh are 5'9", hardly 'Joey Sankey' scale.

The rest are either 6'1, 6'2", or 6'0".

Release the Kracken!!!!!
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

When is the fall alumni throw around and game?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not sure.

I want to skip the season altogether and just time-jump to Memorial Day weekend when we will (as we all realize) be in the championship game. In other ways, I want to punish our enemies out there and make the trip that much more sweet by thrashing a few choice teams that have the misfortune to schedule us this year (looking at you Wahoowah).

In other news, the Terps fanlax thread is gaining worrying steam...a troubling development as we are soon to summit Mt. Johnny Hopkins. I feel like there's one more competitor now.

:x
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

PB, that creating writing course is really helping. (527 - 546) Those Hopkins guys are piling on.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:56 pm Not sure.

I want to skip the season altogether and just time-jump to Memorial Day weekend when we will (as we all realize) be in the championship game. In other ways, I want to punish our enemies out there and make the trip that much more sweet by thrashing a few choice teams that have the misfortune to schedule us this year (looking at you Wahoowah).

In other news, the Terps fanlax thread is gaining worrying steam...a troubling development as we are soon to summit Mt. Johnny Hopkins. I feel like there's one more competitor now.

Let's say this prediction goes up in flames. WIll you own up to it?
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:56 pm Not sure.

Let's say this prediction goes up in flames. WIll you own up to it?

I'll blame it on the referees or Kanye West's wife.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

DALaxDad wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 pm PB, that creating writing course is really helping. (527 - 546) Those Hopkins guys are piling on.
Navy is blowing everyone away :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Let’s hope Navy doesn’t let any players go this fall. If it happens again, the Navy thread will be uncatchable!
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Can we at least admire the work of the John Hopkins posters? They are delving into the prowess of 15 year old kids to keep their thread count on point.
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Can we at least admire the work of the John Hopkins posters? They are delving into the prowess of 15 year old kids to keep their thread count on point.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

They've got a long way to go to catch up with Navy...
Probably get a big spike after the fall scrimmages or first week of practice. I'm sure some will have the line up all set.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Just saw that the Loyola University Maryland men's and women's lacrosse teams combined to place 51 student-athletes on the 2019 Patriot League Academic Honor Rolls following the spring semester.

Extremely impressive for the Hounds to have that much academic success along with all of their on-field success too.

Congrats to Coaches Toomey and Adams

To be eligible for the Patriot League Winter/Spring Academic Honor Roll, a student-athlete must earn a 3.20 GPA in the spring semester and participate in one of the Patriot League's winter or spring championship sports.

The men's team saw a whopping 28 players make the list, while 23 from the women's side earned the honor.

Additionally, Two Greyhounds finished with perfect 4.0 grade-point averages - John Railey and Freeman Whitaker.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Congrats to Loyola for having zero players on Ty Zander's Top 100 of the class of 2019 players list!
Quite a remarkable feat and it undoubtedly bodes well for their future.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:13 pm Congrats to Loyola for having zero players on Ty Zander's Top 100 of the class of 2019 players list!
Quite a remarkable feat and it undoubtedly bodes well for their future.
Do you have a link to the list?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”