Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Orange Duce

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:41 pm Even in here, where the IQ is consistently a number you don't want to see on your jacuzzi thermostat, everyone agrees that DJT is a slimeball, but those who support him always have what, to them, is a legit 'yeah, but..."

Like most of us on here who always thought we were conservative and never dreamed that the conservatives would be agitating
against the FBI, the Intel community, and the deficit hawks,

while agitating for

the Russians, the offshore sovereign funds, tariffs, and bailouts for farmers,

here is a cartoon that (I believe) sums up the Trump voter base:

Are there any others?
MD is a self proclaimed Republican and he certainly does not fit into any of the 3 categories you list here. There has to be a 4th category for MD. I don't know what the hell it would be, but he deserves his own category indeed. :D
Yes. Actual conservative Republican voters who realize Trump isn't a conservative.

That's your group, btw, Cradle. And much respect from me, for holding the line.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

NeverTrumpers seem to mean it. Good on them.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:41 pm Even in here, where the IQ is consistently a number you don't want to see on your jacuzzi thermostat, everyone agrees that DJT is a slimeball, but those who support him always have what, to them, is a legit 'yeah, but..."

Like most of us on here who always thought we were conservative and never dreamed that the conservatives would be agitating

while agitating for

Are there any others?
Yes. Those who accept that Trump as President represents the choice of the electorate, delivered in accordance with our Constitution.
They want him to depart office the same way, while doing what they can, for the good of the country in the interim.

I'm derided for posting excerpts from Andrew McCarthy here. It is noteworthy that he was a signer of NRO's original never-Trumper letter. He has criticized Trump, not defended him, while calling out abuses by our DoJ & IC in their efforts to undermine Trump's Presidency.
He is representative of the silent (R)'s & conservatives who recognize a changing world, who are not longer pursuing a cold war legacy, one world order, globalist agenda & are trying to moderate some of the excesses, & repair some of the damages that agenda has produced.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:14 pm

while agitating for

Are there any others?
Yes. Those who accept that Trump as President represents the choice of the electorate, delivered in accordance with our Constitution, with the help of the Russian Government in full support of the Trump Campaign team.
They want him to depart office the same way, while doing what they can, for the good of the country in the interim.

I'm derided for posting excerpts from Andrew McCarthy here. It is noteworthy that he was a signer of NRO's original never-Trumper letter. He has criticized Trump, not defended him, while calling out abuses by our DoJ & IC in their efforts to undermine Trump's Presidency.
He is representative of the silent (R)'s & conservatives who recognize a changing world, who are not longer pursuing a cold war legacy, one world order, globalist agenda & are trying to moderate some of the excesses, & repair some of the damages that agenda has produced.
Fixed it.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

That stain won’t wash off. Trump knows that. That’s why the Dossier freaked him out. Because you clearly can’t embarrass the man.
Last edited by Trinity on Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:50 pm

while agitating for

Are there any others?
Yes. Those who accept that Trump as President represents the choice of the electorate, delivered in accordance with our Constitution, with the help of the Russian Government in full support of the Trump Campaign team.

Fixed it.
The devious Rooskies forced all those deplorables to vote for Trump.
We are a nation of sheep. Keep hope alive. Excuses are for losers.
Typical Lax Dad

Who said all? The Russians were the 12th man. All that complaining about a coach is for losers.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Russians discouraged targeted African Americans with horseshit about Clinton to destroy the Obama coalition. They organized real rallies. You read the report. And they did it to keep and put their stooges in place.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 pm Who said all? The Russians were the 12th man. All that complaining about a coach is for losers.
The W-L record spoke for itself.
I liked your Gerry Faust analogy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:43 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:17 pm

while agitating for

Are there any others?
MD is a self proclaimed Republican and he certainly does not fit into any of the 3 categories you list here. There has to be a 4th category for MD. I don't know what the hell it would be, but he deserves his own category indeed. :D
Yes. Actual conservative Republican voters who realize Trump isn't a conservative.

That's your group, btw, Cradle. And much respect from me, for holding the line.
Anyone that thinks that Trump is a conservative needs to have their head examined. His futility at reducing federal spending and even blowing it up speaks volumes for his lack of concern about how much money he spends. When all is said and done he has one thing in common with most Democrats and Republicans... it ain't his money he is spending. Spending other peoples money is easy peasy indeed.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:02 pm Russians discouraged targeted African Americans with horseshit about Clinton to destroy the Obama coalition. They organized real rallies. You read the report. And they did it to keep and put their stooges in place.
The rallies were a joke.
One of the rallies they organized was an anti-Trump rally, outside Trump Tower, after he won the election.
The Russians tricked that old lady in the CNN piece to vote for Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:01 pm Who said all? The Russians were the 12th man. All that complaining about a coach is for losers.
The W-L record spoke for itself.
I liked your Gerry Faust analogy.
Yep. Going from Moeller HS to ND just too much of a leap. Like Tark going from UNLV to the NBA.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:42 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:02 pm Russians discouraged targeted African Americans with horseshit about Clinton to destroy the Obama coalition. They organized real rallies. You read the report. And they did it to keep and put their stooges in place.
The rallies were a joke.
One of the rallies they organized was an anti-Trump rally, outside Trump Tower, after he won the election.
The Russians tricked that old lady in the CNN piece to vote for Trump ? ...she says BS.
.:lol:. https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/20/media/ ... index.html

At least Trump didn't hire & pay for the Russian disinformation.
How much bang for their buck did HRC/DNC get for their payments to Fusion GPS ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:42 pm
The rallies were a joke.
The Russians tricked that old lady in the CNN piece to vote for Trump ? ...she says BS.
.:lol:. https://money.cnn.com/2018/02/20/media/ ... index.html

At least Trump didn't hire & pay for the Russian disinformation.
How much bang for their buck did HRC/DNC get for their payments to Fusion GPS ?
Not sure.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Pence is in Europe now, greasing Ukraine for the bad news. Corruption. Time for Europe to do more. Etc. Buh-bye.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:47 pm At least Trump didn't hire & pay for the Russian disinformation.
Let me present this example of insanity, where people don't know or refuse to acknowledge that Trump's campaign hired and paid for Russian disinformation. On top of actual crimes that aren't being prosecuted by the Executive Branch DOJ.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:41 pm Pence is in Europe now, greasing Ukraine for the bad news. Corruption. Time for Europe to do more. Etc. Buh-bye.

I'm glad to see Pence calling the EUros out for their do nothing support of Ukraine.
Better coming from Pence than from Trump.
France & Germany are supposed to be representing NATO & the EU in the Minsk negotiations.
They're stalled out & the EUro's military support is minimal compared to the US.
Let's see if the new stand up comedian President can reduce the corruption to keep the US aid flowing.
If he doesn't, it will cease.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Yeah, our allies are terrible and Trump hates corruption. Better to please Putin. Every week a new gift for Vlad. Meanwhile Pence and his entourage stay hours from his Dublin meetings at a Trump golf club. At full price for everyone. Helicopters are needed. The grift never ends. Good thing we’re not trillions in debt.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

It was a message from the Lord that directed Pence to the Trump resort.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

while agitating for

Are there any others?
Yes. Those who accept that Trump as President represents the choice of the electorate, delivered in accordance with our Constitution.

By "in accordance with our Constitution", I wanted Trump to not be elected, and when he was, to be removed from office as fast as possible because I knew that he was/is an immensely corrupt person. My view of him has only hardened through watching his behaviors, his choices, his words...and just as importantly those of his most ardent supporters.

That meant impeachment and conviction, with GOP support. That's not going to happen, deserved but not going to happen. The GOP is too in thrall.

I continue to want Trump and Trumpism (hard right authoritarianism) to be thoroughly repudiated. I want it to be an ignominious defeat at the polls in 2020.

IMO, it needs to be a shocking defeat for the GOP, resulting in a dramatic reshaping.

Otherwise, I think we see Trumpism continuing and the GOP folding into itself as a permanent minority, with extreme divisions in our society.

To be clear, I'm also concerned with a new authoritarianism rising on the hard left in response. IMO, this has been made possible by the Trumpist new norms of lack of care for the Constitution, checks and balances, and the disregard for the rule of law not men.

I want us to find our way back to a more moderate back and forth in power, rejecting the extremes of both sides.

So, in 2020 I won't be voting R for President for the first time in my life. I will vote for the proverbial 'piece of wood' D this time.

Return to “POLITICS”