Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by a fan »

I'm not giving anyone a pass. I'm telling you that Comey is simply a symptom of the actual problem. And that problem will lead to more Hilllary's, Trump's, and Comey's.

If you don't want to hear that, that's fine.

I'd love to live in a world where I could simply fire anyone who was investigating me for breaking laws. Apparently I'm the only guy on the forum who understands that both Hillary and Trump took full advantage of this ridiculous situation. But if you want to simply focus on Comey, to right ahead.

I'd wager all the money in my pockets against all the money in yours that we'll have another "Comey" arrive in due course.

But if you believe what you are selling, you should be done complaining. Comey is out of public service now, "therefore" the problem has been solved.

Right?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:21 am MD and CU,
You have to admit the guy got pounded - the only thing he was cleared on was he did not leak classified information - he knew what he was doing and anyone who has ever had clearance knew what he was doing. BTW, if an E-4 did what this jackas$ did, they would still be in the brig and I got out in 91. At some point you gotta look in the mirror.

Couple of points:
1. Traveling the country the last 6 months most people - 95% - do not care about this stuff and think it to be silly. Unfortunately it feeds the news beast and therefore we get to hear about 24x7. Whatever happened to facts and not opinions? CNN, FOX, and MSNBC are making a killing off this guy.
2. A guy, including myself, who no one thought he had a chance and I am including him gets elected - now we have the Russians - they have been playing around since at least the 40's when Patton said, hey let's keep marching. Maybe we should have?
3. Finally, the only thing this does IMHO is give fodder to the "elites" who think they are smarter then average Joe - been around the block to know that I will take average Joe all day long.

AFA football starts tomorrow but Penn State football starts today - love college football.
I'll bite.
Yes, the IG report was indeed tough on Comey. He took the wrong path, regardless of his intentions (which I believe were right). The IG says he could have accomplished his goal without resorting to breaking the guidelines. We'll never know whether that's accurate, but that's what the IG found. Good with me.

But there's an enormous difference between what Trumpists have been accusing him of doing (leaking classified information) and not following DOJ guidelines. And you appear to have bought into the fiction of the classified leaking, ala "they would be in the brig". Nope, but they might well have been discharged/fired.

Comey likewise didn't follow protocol, twice, in his handling of the Clinton mess. Many believe, I think correctly, that Comey cost HRC the election. Had he followed the guidelines she'd most likely have been in office.

I realize that it drives Trumpists bonkers to not be able to claim that Comey is a partisan but he truly is not. Arguably too much misplaced ego and self-importance, but not a partisan. Nor "Deep State".

As to #1, "what happened to facts", look at Trump for that one. A complete and total disregard for facts and truth. Yes, he's not the first, but he's taken this to an entirely new level. I find the MSM at least concerned with maintaining a focus on facts and truth. Opinions are just that, opinions.

As to #2, I doubt Patton was right, marching on Moscow has a long history of breaking armies. And no, what is going on now can't be excused by the 'hey, the Russians have been messing with us since 1945" mush that gets offered up so glibly. It's a new battleground and we've largely capitulated under this Administration due to corrupt reasons.

As to #3, I too have faith in the 'average Joe', at least over the long run. And at least so far. It does worry me that there's such scornful disdain for expertise, science, history, and education itself. The ignorance of civics by many is truly appalling. Having seen what immigrants go through, how much better understanding of American history and civics that they need to know than apparently many American native born citizens know, is quite remarkable.

It worries me that we are elevating prejudice and ignorance among us and that we let politicians and corporate media play on these twin evils to divide and inflame us.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:20 pm afan,
Comey is the problem. He lied, he leaked, knew how to manipulate the system, and he is no Boy Scout. He is a fine government bureaucrat and he knew how to manipulate the system. He knew what he was doing so did McCabe. At some point you have to quit giving hall passes. The only thing I have seen hall passes get are people kil$ed and the mess we are in today. At some point you gotta call a spade a spade.......he was a disaster on many levels so is the FBI. I am not a fan of the guy in the left seat but at some point many of you need to look in the mirror.
Not sure what you think 'look in the mirror' means, LandM.

Folks on here appear to have no problem saying that Comey made errors in judgment, breached various guidelines. Both damaging HRC and damaging Trump.

Some of us think he had good, patriotic intentions in making his choices, but erred in his path.
I'm in that camp. No 'hall pass'.

Seems to me that that "the mess we are in today" is due to dishonesty at the top, first with HRC and her paranoia and then Trump to cover his corruption and fragile ego.
LandM

Post by LandM »

afan,
Unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Comey like HRC puts themselves in the news and wham there is a news story. Sex sells - I get that. At some point people need to move on. The guy is the President and folks cannot keep litigating it to death. I have been fortunate to have been married for 25 years (first one was a disaster but I got a great kid out of it :D ) but I dealt daily with government bureaucracy the whole time. The reason I started my own businesses is I did not want to deal with the hassles. As you know owning a business has it's own sucky moments......but would take that over working for the man.

All Comey did was prove yet again there are rules and there are rules. Be fair - I think based on travels that is all people are asking for. He violated the rules, people know this and he is getting a hall pass, just like the rest of his buddies will. Unfortunately the 4th news organization on Twitter will take full advantage of that.

Will state again, did not vote for the big office last time and based on what I see, I will take another pass in 2020 and unlike others out here, that is my right to do so.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:53 pm afan,
Unfortunately the problem has not been solved. Comey like HRC puts themselves in the news and wham there is a news story. Sex sells - I get that. At some point people need to move on. The guy is the President and folks cannot keep litigating it to death. I have been fortunate to have been married for 25 years (first one was a disaster but I got a great kid out of it :D ) but I dealt daily with government bureaucracy the whole time. The reason I started my own businesses is I did not want to deal with the hassles. As you know owning a business has it's own sucky moments......but would take that over working for the man.

All Comey did was prove yet again there are rules and there are rules. Be fair - I think based on travels that is all people are asking for. He violated the rules, people know this and he is getting a hall pass, just like the rest of his buddies will. Unfortunately the 4th news organization on Twitter will take full advantage of that.

Will state again, did not vote for the big office last time and based on what I see, I will take another pass in 2020 and unlike others out here, that is my right to do so.
Let Flynn go.
“I wish you would!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD - I agree on Flynn. I know you are joking, not me. I can see him getting cornered by the FBI and I can see the FBI squeezing him. Been through the process on a business deal I invested in and which I got some partners involved it was somewhat entertaining- the boogie man - but the guy who lied on his financial statements drank himself to death. Flynn got what he deserved, he was fired.

MD- looking in the mirror to me means I got tired of Benghazi but it kept going. Many people whined the whole time. We are almost three years into this and what you got. And no I am not reading the Mueller report - not sure he even did - and no I am not doing my country a disservice as it is in the news daily. There have been countless attempts and no one has anything of substance or value:
Lying on tax returns - everything we own is in a LLC including the boat. As long as the tax attorney signs I will sign;
Co-signers on a business loan - yep - usually required based on ownership;
Business with Russians - yep - American banks want to lend money when you do need it. Need money - nope;
This is whack a mole and it is DIVIDING this country and it would be nice if we adults left my grandson a better place and future. There is an election. Just as an FYI, as in the first round, seen at least a few hundred Trump 2020 flags and one HRC for prison.

The Russians have to be just laughing their arse off :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:48 am TLD - I agree on Flynn. I know you are joking, not me. I can see him getting cornered by the FBI and I can see the FBI squeezing him. Been through the process on a business deal I invested in and which I got some partners involved it was somewhat entertaining- the boogie man - but the guy who lied on his financial statements drank himself to death. Flynn got what he deserved, he was fired.

MD- looking in the mirror to me means I got tired of Benghazi but it kept going. Many people whined the whole time. We are almost three years into this and what you got. And no I am not reading the Mueller report - not sure he even did - and no I am not doing my country a disservice as it is in the news daily. There have been countless attempts and no one has anything of substance or value:
Lying on tax returns - everything we own is in a LLC including the boat. As long as the tax attorney signs I will sign;
Business with Russians - yep - American banks want to lend money when you do need it. Need money - nope;
This is whack a mole and it is DIVIDING this country and it would be nice if we adults left my grandson a better place and future. There is an election. Just as an FYI, as in the first round, seen at least a few hundred Trump 2020 flags and one HRC for prison.

Why all the lying. Would you and all of your associates repeatedly lie to the police when questioned?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:48 am TLD - I agree on Flynn. I know you are joking, not me. I can see him getting cornered by the FBI and I can see the FBI squeezing him. Been through the process on a business deal I invested in and which I got some partners involved it was somewhat entertaining- the boogie man - but the guy who lied on his financial statements drank himself to death. Flynn got what he deserved, he was fired.

Yup, along with Trumpists.
Division is the goal.

Your attitude about this is pretty similar to what I've heard from numerous, typically older white voters. Some my age (late 50's-early 60's), but more so those in their '70's and '80's.

The acceptance of dishonesty, corruption, racism, misogny, cruelty, denial of science, is appalling to me, but it's pretty consistent and holding firm. I struggle with their blindness to how awful Trump is, how divisive, how corrosive, how corrupt he is.

Maybe it's that they have Fox News on all day or on at night, and thus constantly hear this tripe that the MSM and Deep State are the problem, not him.

Maybe it's a "I've got mine" attitude so biggest issue is losing what they have to the predations of the 'left'.

I dunno.

I think we'll see many/most of these folks pull the lever again for Trump.

But not all. Some will stay home, some would vote for Biden or Klobuchar (maybe a few others) but not Warren or Sanders.

I think those two raise the spectre of 'losing mine'. For some of these older voters, they're actually thinking less of themselves than their close loved ones to whom they are leaving their assets...like your grandson.

All very human.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Jury finds Clinton lawyer Greg Craig Not Guilty of lying.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

...another FARA fizzle. Well done G-men.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am DONALD TRUMP WAS “COLLUDING” WITH ROGER STONE ON FOUR DIFFERENT DIRECT LINES

Stone trial starts soon...

If only the Rezko trail got so much coverage. Or someone posted the picture with white person hating NOI Lou FerryCON. CHaracter matters....until it doesn't .

TAATS baby......the blunt truth
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:29 pm ...another FARA fizzle. Well done G-men.
You sad Barr's DOJ whiffed on this?
Why? Because it's a Clinton guy?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:58 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:29 pm ...another FARA fizzle. Well done G-men.
Another fake FARA prosecution, used to rationalize Team Mueller's abuse.
Only used to intimidate & bankrupt targets.

Mike Flynn's in a hearing today, subject -- allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.
If Judge Sullivan doesn't dismiss the charges, maybe Trump's planning on pardoning him
& bringing him back as National Security Adviser.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Mike Flynn's in a hearing today, subject -- allegations of prosecutorial misconduct.
If Judge Sullivan doesn't dismiss the charges, maybe Trump's planning on pardoning him
Oh-boy would that not make the MSM happy. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:40 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Oh-boy would that not make the MSM happy. :lol:
There would not be enough duct tape to prevent all the heads that would explode here. I need to protect my screen from gray matter... :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Mike Flynn's in a hearing today, subject -- allegations of prosecutorial misconduct."

Mike Flynn, felon, bringing in the Quacks. Drumming up interest in her "book."

https://twitter.com/sidneypowell1?lang=en
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Senator McCain wasn’t the only one concerned by the Steele Dossier...
"There is some material circulating," Burr whispered cryptically. "It has some disturbing things in it. I just want to make sure you're tracking."
"We are," Comey said.”

Here’s some Crossfire Hurricane. Good read.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/politics ... index.html
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:30 pm “Senator McCain wasn’t the only one concerned by the Steele Dossier...
"There is some material circulating," Burr whispered cryptically. "It has some disturbing things in it. I just want to make sure you're tracking."
"We are," Comey said.”

Here’s some Crossfire Hurricane. Good read.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/15/politics ... index.html
written by St James' altar boy.

It was gutless for Clapper to make Comey brief Trump on the dossier. As outgoing DNI, that was his duty. He should have known that Trump would shoot the messenger. Since Comey & Rogers both had time to serve, they should not have been placed in the "Crossfire". That's why Rogers had already visited Trump Tower in Nov. He knew what was coming & didn't want to get fragged. Clapper wanted to fire Rogers for that, but Obama was savvy enough to stop him.

It's not surprising that Burr had seen the Steele dossier. Steele, Simpson & Brennan were shopping it to whoever'd read it. We know Brennan showed it to Harry Read. Burr probably knew about it from his senior IC aide who was boinking the Bussfeed reporter who outed Carter Page as a FISA target.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Hillary Clinton’s Zombie Impeachment Memo That Could Help Fell Trump

"The bizarre, only-in-D.C. twist centers on a congressional report penned by a bipartisan team of young attorneys that included Hillary before she was a Clinton and written in the throes of Watergate. Then, unlike now, not a single lawmaker had been alive the last time Congress impeached a president. They had little understanding of how to try and remove Richard Nixon from the White House. So they tapped Clinton and a team of ambitious staffers to dive into the history of impeachment, stretching back to the 14th century in England: How has impeachment been used? What were the justifications? Can we apply it to Nixon?

The resulting document became a centerpiece of the congressional push to drive the Republican president from office. But then Nixon resigned. The memo was buried.

That was just the report’s first life."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”