Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 am
houndace1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:15 am Jesus lord, how many shots do you need to take against schools that Loyola plays? who cares if a college doesn't have attractive coeds. it's one piece of an extraordinary blank puzzle that college students want to create for their own individual lives.

All these low ball shots are very sour tasting to read. Take shots at a rival program? okay that's fine to an extent. Taking shots at an institution as a whole with ridiculous claims that have yet to be proven? Disdainful in my book

I see you don't deny the coed snark. ;)

Houndace1: my posts are uttered in almost 100% humour (except hating on Coach K, that I stand by), but shhhhh, don't tell the Blue Jay faithful who take the jibes so seriously. We're almost up to their page count! The tides are turning in Bmore.

And, I still want to beat them by 10 this season. Just sayin'.

:lol:
I said "If a college" never specified the name of a college. There's coeds that people can find attractive to their own liking on any college campus in the US, even the world. I've dated hopkins coeds because, as surprising as this might seem to you, they were stunning to be around both physically and they had such an intelligence/unique views on topics that was just so stimulating.

I don't care if your posts are made with "humor". It's crass, toilet bowl humor on a school that doesn't deserve the humor for all it's done for the world in medicine, science, business, economics, politics. Now you may have a different view on everything i said about Hopkins, but you simply cannot deny the fact that there's a reason that a degree, regardless of the field, that the name of Johns Hopkins University, carries significant weight in many fields of today's society.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Nothing to say. Just want to make Loyola's number of posts closer to JHU's. 501 to 536.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

502....we want more (Sorry could not resist)
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Can we just get back to talking about some lacrosse....??
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:13 am 502....we want more (Sorry could not resist)

Go on, go on!
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NovaHound wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm Can we just get back to talking about some lacrosse....??

What did you have in mind? I can talk Eric Pacheco all day long. Or Cam Wyers. Or Najee Taylor. Or Joey Kamish. Or Kevin Lindley. Bailey Savio. Jack Griffin. Or any of our players. Or how we will win the D1 Natty. Or how I will be feasting on 2 dozen crabs and 3 cold ones on May 29th. Or how our page count is close to toppling that other school's...

But you need to step out from the shadows and tell us what YOU want to talk 'bout.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:53 am Nothing to say. Just want to make Loyola's number of posts closer to JHU's. 501 to 536.
exactly-bro-uhzj3f.jpg
exactly-bro-uhzj3f.jpg (59.85 KiB) Viewed 2693 times
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

OCanada wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:51 am Why has the input been lacking? You might want to ask the same thing about Cuse.

I could go through the chronology but that’s already been done. Factors outside the control of the particular program account for a huge part of it.

Lacrosse has not been standing still. It has been evolving in terms of its player composition, finances, rules etc all those changes cumulatively have an effect.

It isn’t age if coaches.
Danowski is how old? He was on the verge of being let go before the Duke situation opened up? One major reason was he couldn’t keep LI players home. Kids mostly want to go away if they can. So he gets Duke and voila suddenly he can coach? No, he could always coach. Tierney has had the same problem. It’s mostky behind their ability to control. Plus he has Coach K to close deals. His son was probably going to Hopkins until he spent over an hour with K. He was a gun rat.

Tierney dominated for awhile. Then he didn’t. The reason? Not that he forgot how to coach. One reason is he lost the individual who could get the players he really wanted admitted and because the rest of the lax world began to develop strategies to overcome the perceived advantage of PU. He was not happy about it and eventually moved to Denver where his talent pool is greater.

The professional risk is it’s always the coaches fault because fans generally don’t understand the dynamics at play and it’s the easy answer.

It’s as predictable as families whose kid commits and atrocious crime saying not my kid. He is a good kid. Mostky they are wrong. Or a lax program having a major pr disaster whode fans and players circle the wagons to deny s y possibility their program had an issue. Like omertà. They know better but..., sometimes they are right mostly they are covering up. Predictable.
Lacrosse has been evolving, and I dont think it's Perto or Danowski's age that's hurting them.

It think it's their recruiting. Where are the Hopkins kids coming from?

Loyola really mines CT, PA and CT hard plus GA, TX and a few other places that are not traditional "hotbeds" but have a ton of big, strong athletes in them. Denver has the best Canadian kids on lockdown. Where is Hopkins' favorite places to recruit?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm
OCanada wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:51 am Why has the input been lacking? You might want to ask the same thing about Cuse.

I could go through the chronology but that’s already been done. Factors outside the control of the particular program account for a huge part of it.

Lacrosse has not been standing still. It has been evolving in terms of its player composition, finances, rules etc all those changes cumulatively have an effect.

It isn’t age if coaches.
Danowski is how old? He was on the verge of being let go before the Duke situation opened up? One major reason was he couldn’t keep LI players home. Kids mostly want to go away if they can. So he gets Duke and voila suddenly he can coach? No, he could always coach. Tierney has had the same problem. It’s mostky behind their ability to control. Plus he has Coach K to close deals. His son was probably going to Hopkins until he spent over an hour with K. He was a gun rat.

Tierney dominated for awhile. Then he didn’t. The reason? Not that he forgot how to coach. One reason is he lost the individual who could get the players he really wanted admitted and because the rest of the lax world began to develop strategies to overcome the perceived advantage of PU. He was not happy about it and eventually moved to Denver where his talent pool is greater.

The professional risk is it’s always the coaches fault because fans generally don’t understand the dynamics at play and it’s the easy answer.

It’s as predictable as families whose kid commits and atrocious crime saying not my kid. He is a good kid. Mostky they are wrong. Or a lax program having a major pr disaster whode fans and players circle the wagons to deny s y possibility their program had an issue. Like omertà. They know better but..., sometimes they are right mostly they are covering up. Predictable.
Lacrosse has been evolving, and I dont think it's Perto or Danowski's age that's hurting them.

Loyola really mines CT, PA and CT hard plus GA, TX and a few other places that are not traditional "hotbeds" but have a ton of big, strong athletes in them. Denver has the best Canadian kids on lockdown. Where is Hopkins' favorite places to recruit?
Don't forget jersey and a fair amount of canadians! There's pros and cons to this. Loyola does get athletes, but they don't get the most prized recruits. This makes the program really rely on the staff to develop their players stick skills and physicality. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't with some not so great seasons
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:13 am 502....we want more (Sorry could not resist)
My favorite thing I've taught my young kids to do is to watch us beat Hopkins and sing that little song whenever the Hounds score!

Ba, ba, ba, baba ba ba!

I was able to teach my 2 year old how to count all the way to 18 this year!

And it was doubly nice that I was able to reinforce the lesson when Hopkins played Towson and OSU and Cuse and UVA and PSU (x2) and Notre Dame.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:41 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:34 pm

It isn’t age if coaches.

Don't forget jersey and a fair amount of canadians! There's pros and cons to this. Loyola does get athletes, but they don't get the most prized recruits. This makes the program really rely on the staff to develop their players stick skills and physicality. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't with some not so great seasons
Our staff is better than most so we are fortunate that it often works out. We've had some disappointments, but that occasionally happens. They are still some of the best teachers in the game.

It's easy to teach stickwork, faceoffs, defense and offensive scheme.

You generally can't teach size, strength, speed and athleticism.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

It seems like lots of teams, including Loyola and JHU, get the supporting players. Even top supporting players. The trick seems to be getting a good goalie who gets hot at the right times, a good FOGO who does the same (think Bryant a little while ago), and, to go to the next level (e.g. Win a national championship), an offensive stud. Doing a, b, and c are critical, but d seems to be the most difficult. I think this is where Loyola has thrived recently. And they've found these diamonds in their backyard.
Caddy Day
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Today is move in day for the Class of 2023

Meet your new Loyola lacrosse freshman class plus two transfers

https://loyolagreyhounds.com/news/2019/ ... ogram.aspx

By my count of the 12 freshman, I count 6 All Americans, with multiple state award winners to go. Also throw in that Will Sherwood was a finalist for the C. Markland Kelly Award last year and yes he's the son of dave sherwood. Adam Poitras had a short write up for his Bio, but he was the go-to guy for the hill academy when he was there.

Not a bad group at all I think
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:09 pm It seems like lots of teams, including Loyola and JHU, get the supporting players. Even top supporting players. The trick seems to be getting a good goalie who gets hot at the right times, a good FOGO who does the same (think Bryant a little while ago), and, to go to the next level (e.g. Win a national championship), an offensive stud. Doing a, b, and c are critical, but d seems to be the most difficult. I think this is where Loyola has thrived recently. And they've found these diamonds in their backyard.
Generally curious, but other than Spencer the last four years, who would you say is the diamond recruit who has panned out / will pan out to be an offensive stud?
Obviously teams can't have a Pat Spencer show up as hes a once in a generation type player but still..
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Those young guys, the single best recruiting class in all of D1 (certainly the best looking class!), could possibly end up with four rings on four fingers by 2023. You heard her here first.

8-)
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:26 pm Those young guys, the single best recruiting class in all of D1 (certainly the best looking class!), could possibly end up with four rings on four fingers by 2023. You heard her here first.

8-)
really, look small
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:26 pm Those young guys, the single best recruiting class in all of D1 (certainly the best looking class!), could possibly end up with four rings on four fingers by 2023. You heard her here first.

8-)
Duke, MD, UVA would like a serious word, along with Ty Xanders and Recruiting Rundown
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

8-)
Most certainly. Nothing can go wrong now.
Caddy Day
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:14 pm
NovaHound wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:33 pm Can we just get back to talking about some lacrosse....??

What did you have in mind? I can talk Eric Pacheco all day long. Or Cam Wyers. Or Najee Taylor. Or Joey Kamish. Or Kevin Lindley. Bailey Savio. Jack Griffin. Or any of our players. Or how we will win the D1 Natty. Or how I will be feasting on 2 dozen crabs and 3 cold ones on May 29th. Or how our page count is close to toppling that other school's...

But you need to step out from the shadows and tell us what YOU want to talk 'bout.
Thanks for helping me out fellas :lol:

Impressive bios on the incoming class. Several newcomers look like they may contribute immediately. You generally get 1 or 2 freshman ready to play. Will know more after Fall scrimmages.

https://www.collegecrosse.com/2019/8/29 ... pencer-lax

And the Coaches are excited according to the article attached. That bodes well for the team and its fans:)

That's enough from me for one day PB... :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”