Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
houndace1

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:10 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:04 pm Man, this thread is a mess! You just love to see it.

At least Scanlan put his name on his comments. Petey B. over here taking shots at the kid from the anonymity of a FanLax account. Tough look, IMO.

Yeah, I'm the one taking shots at a kid who called his teammates 'money-grubbing egotists'; it's all on me. :lol:

I'd expect nothing less from a guy who cheers a program in its death rattle. Yay, we finished 8-8! Yay mediocrity!

Don't worry though, Pat isn't around this year to trip up Hop defenders simply by looking sideways. Mt. Saint Mary's can't beat the Jays enough in my book, relegating Hop to absolute lowest in the state. :D
You keep using quotation marks around that phrase like it's a direct quote. Those are your words, not his.

Sounds like I stuck a nerve, though. Your immediate defense mechanism is to launch into the usual "Hopkins sucks" tirade. Doesn't change the fact that you're going after a kid anonymously, with completely unverifiable claims about knowing more about the situation than anyone else. I have no idea if what Scanlan said about his former teammates is true or even partly true but I'll take the word of someone willing to say things publicly, with his name attached, than the mad ravings of an anonymous FanLax poster who feels it is his sacred duty to defend the honor of the rest of the Loyola team, who I'm sure are just begging for the assistance.

I thought Hop had high IQ. Even that assumption is being challenged. Read the article before coming on my thread! :lol:

http://dailyorange.com/2019/07/wouldve- ... ext-no-22/
This is below the belt...
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Homer

Post by Homer »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:53 pm
I thought Hop had high IQ. Even that assumption is being challenged. Read the article before coming on my thread! :lol:

http://dailyorange.com/2019/07/wouldve- ... ext-no-22/
What part of that article exactly is inconsistent with HopFan16's post?
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

PB, FWIW i am a huge Hounds fan D and BF of 7 years both played there that being said last i read this was the Loyola thread, NOT YOUR THREAD.

"my thread! :lol:"
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Wow, to an outsider this thread sure has become spicier than expected. I'll try to play dispassionate middleman and say I can see a bit of both sides. The public comments Scanlon has made (including those in this article) really can be fairly construed as ripping his former teammates. This is generally poor form and especially so when they are as personal as these, which speak to the other players' character. He would have been far better off taking the high road, thanking the university for the year and just saying that he felt like another situation might be best for him. This has been a really bad decision for Scanlon who does not come off looking good by committing the verbal equivalent of punching himself in the nuts. So agree on that account with PB. On the other hand however, I don't recall ever seeing someone this personally and extensively call out his former teammates upon transferring. Either Scanlon is some sort of sociopath without understanding of how his comments would be taken or else he really had an extraordinarily rough year from a personal standpoint, you don't just make such specific, pointed things up. This is like The Lords of Discipline, something genuinely was going down. That goes on his teammates. It couldn't have been a secret. The upperclass leadership should have gone to him to get his concerns and tried to help address his lack of social integration. Regardless of how many players are from publics vs privates or what zip codes they come from it is on the team to make incoming freshman feel welcome and integrated into the whole. That they obviously failed to do so here is a failure of the Loyola players.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm Wow, to an outsider this thread sure has become spicier than expected. I'll try to play dispassionate middleman and say I can see a bit of both sides. The public comments Scanlon has made (including those in this article) really can be fairly construed as ripping his former teammates. This is generally poor form and especially so when they are as personal as these, which speak to the other players' character. He would have been far better off taking the high road, thanking the university for the year and just saying that he felt like another situation might be best for him. This has been a really bad decision for Scanlon who does not come off looking good by committing the verbal equivalent of punching himself in the nuts. So agree on that account with PB. On the other hand however, I don't recall ever seeing someone this personally and extensively call out his former teammates upon transferring. Either Scanlon is some sort of sociopath without understanding of how his comments would be taken or else he really had an extraordinarily rough year from a personal standpoint, you don't just make such specific, pointed things up. This is like The Lords of Discipline, something genuinely was going down. That goes on his teammates. It couldn't have been a secret. The upperclass leadership should have gone to him to get his concerns and tried to help address his lack of social integration. Regardless of how many players are from publics vs privates or what zip codes they come from it is on the team to make incoming freshman feel welcome and integrated into the whole. That they obviously failed to do so here is a failure of the Loyola players.
One of the top recruits left my boys school after one year. I said what happened, he repied he was weak F him. never spoke his name since.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

lagerhead wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:34 pm PB, FWIW i am a huge Hounds fan D and BF of 7 years both played there that being said last i read this was the Loyola thread, NOT YOUR THREAD.

"my thread! :lol:"

Lagerhead. I apologize. I shall bring a guilt offering of myself to the Lord. Leviticus 19:20-22

I was taking a few rhetorical flourishes with my Shakespearean quill is all. When I see Hopkins fans lurking here (where they have no rights; they have to earn back at least a passable amount of respect on the field first!), it's no different to my wide laxfan eyes than when I see a feeble bluefish (inedible, natch) hit my lure in the open sea...I yank extra hard, making certain to sink that hook deep in their tiny tender mouths. Then, I feed that sh#! to feral cats. :lol:

Let's roll, Hounds!
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

“When I see Hopkins fans lurking here (where they have no rights”

Delusions of adequacy
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:33 pm “When I see Hopkins fans lurking here (where they have no rights”

Delusions of adequacy
First off, any board forum should be welcome to all regardless of school/fan affiliation. Hop fans have every right to be on another school's forum to put in their two cents
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 pm
OCanada wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:33 pm “When I see Hopkins fans lurking here (where they have no rights”

Delusions of adequacy
First off, any board forum should be welcome to all regardless of school/fan affiliation. Hop fans have every right to be on another school's forum to put in their two cents

I don't feel like I'm demanding much by simply asking them to make the games between us competitive. I mean, 12-5, 18-12...c'mon!!! :lol:

Plus, seriously, that stupid chant of theirs (1-2-3-4...we want more...nauseating); I can't take hearing it one more time. :lol:
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:11 pm
houndace1 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:36 pm

Delusions of adequacy

I don't feel like I'm demanding much by simply asking them to make the games between us competitive. I mean, 12-5, 18-12...c'mon!!! :lol:

Plus, seriously, that stupid chant of theirs (1-2-3-4...we want more...nauseating); I can't take hearing it one more time. :lol:
There's a reason why the record is 48-7 pro Hopkins. Before Spencer even came to campus they won in 2013-2014, and when he was here it was 16, 18-19. Unless the record starts evening out, this rivalry will go to hopkins historically speaking. Yes Loyola has won a majority of the games of the past 7 years but after that, that's about it.

They might even win in 2020 with their additions compared to Loyola's graduation losses (i'm being serious here)
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

NovaHound wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:53 pm Good gosh - you never know what you're going to get on the Loyola 2020 LP feed. 8-) I feel we have a big tent for all Loyola sports, and players past, present and future. Also, Aiden Olmstead's twin sisters are joining the women's lax program this year so that's pretty cool too. :) And it's going to be great to keep up with Pat at N'western this winter, and his BBalling brother playing for the Hounds. So this Board may light up on any topic, athlete or swe’ve finally figured out how Hopkins regularly has a high page count.

Have a poster run his mouth about how amazing his team is and bash everyone else. Then sit back, relax and let everyone everyone else chime in that it’s bullshi t!

Then proceed to discuss everything about the school BUT lacrosse! port.

2020 is here. The former player always mentioned here wound up at a good school with a good lax program and close to family so they can all watch him play. He had a very good 2019 season and made the Hounds a better team - thanks for the memories. :D
We’ve figured out Hopkins on the field for some time now.

Unfortunately, we’ve finally figured out how To keep up with their high page count too:

Have a poster run his mouth about how amazing his team is.

Then sit back, relax and let everyone everyone else chime in and call “bulls hit!”

Then add a few more pages of content by discussing everything about the school BUT lacrosse!

:lol:

Here’s hoping our fall isn’t as precipitous as the Jays too.

I’d hate if we were relegated to D3 and the Centennial League in all our other sports!
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:01 pm Wow, to an outsider this thread sure has become spicier than expected. I'll try to play dispassionate middleman and say I can see a bit of both sides. The public comments Scanlon has made (including those in this article) really can be fairly construed as ripping his former teammates. This is generally poor form and especially so when they are as personal as these, which speak to the other players' character. He would have been far better off taking the high road, thanking the university for the year and just saying that he felt like another situation might be best for him. This has been a really bad decision for Scanlon who does not come off looking good by committing the verbal equivalent of punching himself in the nuts. So agree on that account with PB. On the other hand however, I don't recall ever seeing someone this personally and extensively call out his former teammates upon transferring. Either Scanlon is some sort of sociopath without understanding of how his comments would be taken or else he really had an extraordinarily rough year from a personal standpoint, you don't just make such specific, pointed things up. This is like The Lords of Discipline, something genuinely was going down. That goes on his teammates. It couldn't have been a secret. The upperclass leadership should have gone to him to get his concerns and tried to help address his lack of social integration. Regardless of how many players are from publics vs privates or what zip codes they come from it is on the team to make incoming freshman feel welcome and integrated into the whole. That they obviously failed to do so here is a failure of the Loyola players.
I have heard from several parents of Loyola players that the scanlon ordeal totally blind side their sons... He hung with his team mates and did hte normal college stuff. My take is this, Pat Spencer is gone and he was the reason Scanlon had so much success. Make no mistake chase is a good player, but now he will have to carry more of the load and may not be as successful, Plus SU is closer. He as most 18/19 yrs olds ran his mouth and now he is trying to save face, the only problem is that is on a national stage,
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

For a change of pace, and a great example why Loyola is pulling away from the neighborhood pack, take a gander at these Fall camps at Loyola!

http://www.greyhoundlaxcamps.com/events

All sophomores and juniors welcome. October 13th young men...tell Mom and Dad to cough up the $150 and visit the best campus and stadium in Baltimore City, while playing alongside some great college players!! Let's do this!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ummm... it's one camp. and everybody does them. and no one is playing alongside college players.

they do a good job with theirs.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OCanada

Post by OCanada »

wgdsr Indeed
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

admin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:32 am #26 - Pat Spencer. https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/29707

:cry:

Embarrassing. The very definition of why we can not trust the media.

A side note to this calamity of talent prognosis is I spy Hopkins with FIVE (5!!) players in the top 50, almost none of whom were ever heard from again. What a colossal waste of superb talent by the decaying institution just a few blocks south of us. Henry Grass should have attended Loyola...he'd have made AA something at least. Instead, he and Sells and many more unwisely chose to go to where talent dies and the average age of the fan is 87. :lol:
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:59 am
admin wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:32 am #26 - Pat Spencer. https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/29707

:cry:

Embarrassing. The very definition of why we can not trust the media.

A side note to this calamity of talent prognosis is I spy Hopkins with FIVE (5!!) players in the top 50, almost none of whom were ever heard from again. What a colossal waste of superb talent by the decaying institution just a few blocks south of us. Henry Grass should have attended Loyola...he'd have made AA something at least. Instead, he and Sells and many more unwisely chose to go to where talent dies and the average age of the fan is 87. :lol:
2014 class didn't work out for Syracuse either outside Mellen but some good players came out of that list. Rerank top ten?

Spencer#26
Conrad #1
Ament #24
Bucaro #3
Mathias #28
Van Rapphorst #18
Smith #19
Baretto # 31
Mellen #9
Rowlett #11
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

stupefied wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:42 am2014 class didn't work out for Syracuse either outside Mellen but some good players came out of that list. Rerank top ten?

Spencer#26
Conrad #1
Ament #24
Bucaro #3
Mathias #28
Van Rapphorst #18
Smith #19
Baretto # 31
Mellen #9
Rowlett #11
2019 AAs: http://fanlax.com/fanlax/wp-content/upl ... -AA_D1.pdf
admin