Post by wgdsr »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:22 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm #20 Will Sherwood M
Will related to former Greyhound, Dave?
yes, son and he's pumped.
Peter Brown

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm The 2020 roster is up, just have to attach names to faces for the new guys. Meet your Loyola freshman class of 2023
#0- Colton Teitelbaum GK
#11- Matt Heuston M
#15 Eric Pacheco FO
#16 Joey Kamish A
#18 Jack Griffin A
#20 Will Sherwood M
#29 Chris Cottone FO
#30 Najee Taylor M
#32 Evan James M
#35 Billy Weiss D
#43 Calder Vandenheuval LSM
#45 Adam Poitras A.

Interesting things to note: Griffin takes Scanlan's number due to the transfer.
Cam Wyers switched numbers from #20 to #5 now.
Teitelbaum gets Stover's old number
The sophomores got two transfers Riley Seay #42 and Jack Decker #25.

Last thing that i would like to say: Lindley is no longer wearing #31, the number he's wearing now... boyyy does that number carry a lot of weight given who wore it before him

I am betting that Coach T has never been this excited to get a season rolling. With gratitude to all the players who came before, starting a culture of winning, and especially Mr's. Stover and Spencer. This incoming freshman class (and next year's even more so!) is phenomenal. I keep overlooking Najeee Taylor; this kid could be the unheralded player of last year's senior HS lacrosse players...if the college game clocks with this kid, watch the frig out.

Just love the fact that Lindley has #7 and Teitlebaum has #0...great moves. I love it! Also for the haters, I'd take Griffin over Scanlan any day. Love that move too!

Let's go!!!!!
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 am
houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm The 2020 roster is up, just have to attach names to faces for the new guys. Meet your Loyola freshman class of 2023
#0- Colton Teitelbaum GK
#11- Matt Heuston M
#15 Eric Pacheco FO
#16 Joey Kamish A
#18 Jack Griffin A
#20 Will Sherwood M
#29 Chris Cottone FO
#30 Najee Taylor M
#32 Evan James M
#35 Billy Weiss D
#43 Calder Vandenheuval LSM
#45 Adam Poitras A.

Interesting things to note: Griffin takes Scanlan's number due to the transfer.
Cam Wyers switched numbers from #20 to #5 now.
Teitelbaum gets Stover's old number
The sophomores got two transfers Riley Seay #42 and Jack Decker #25.

Last thing that i would like to say: Lindley is no longer wearing #31, the number he's wearing now... boyyy does that number carry a lot of weight given who wore it before him

I am betting that Coach T has never been this excited to get a season rolling. With gratitude to all the players who came before, starting a culture of winning, and especially Mr's. Stover and Spencer. This incoming freshman class (and next year's even more so!) is phenomenal. I keep overlooking Najeee Taylor; this kid could be the unheralded player of last year's senior HS lacrosse players...if the college game clocks with this kid, watch the frig out.

Just love the fact that Lindley has #7 and Teitlebaum has #0...great moves. I love it! Also for the haters, I'd take Griffin over Scanlan any day. Love that move too!

Let's go!!!!!
Also good to note PB, that per IL's rating system for positions, Najee Taylor and Evan James are the #7 and #35 best midfielders in the 2019 class but take it with a grain of salt for the rankings. There has to be a reason why Taylor was a top Middie ND commit under Gerry Bryne for the past 3 years before coming to Evergreen. These two, along with the help of Deveraux and Seay could maybe help offset the losses of Scanlan, Duffy, Brown, and McGovern.

Taylor is long and lanky but can shoot the lights out on the run when going right.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Taylor has a good frame and explosive quickness. He could be a real threat if he keeps devloping. I think the key is to get him to put on some size the right way without losing the sudden-ness.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:21 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:22 pm
houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm #20 Will Sherwood M
Will related to former Greyhound, Dave?
yes, son and he's pumped.
He's a lefty too, which is always nice.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:46 am I am betting that Coach T has never been this excited to get a season rolling. With gratitude to all the players who came before, starting a culture of winning, and especially Mr's. Stover and Spencer. This incoming freshman class (and next year's even more so!) is phenomenal. I keep overlooking Najeee Taylor; this kid could be the unheralded player of last year's senior HS lacrosse players...if the college game clocks with this kid, watch the frig out.

Let's go!!!!!
I typically only watch the Women Hounds but you have me pumped up to come watch more Men's games :D
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Scanlan had a remark to Stover's comment on his IG page... says "i only play for 1 team .... Cuse. sorry you feel that way... gotta do whats best for my life...."

Stover's originally jab had tons of likes from not only Loyola teammates, but other lacrosse guys from UVA, Rutgers, ND, UNC. All backing the idea up that you should never burn the bridges PUBLICLY that you made with teammates, no matter how bad you felt.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:58 pm Scanlan had a remark to Stover's comment on his IG page... says "i only play for 1 team .... Cuse. sorry you feel that way... gotta do whats best for my life...."

Stover's originally jab had tons of likes from not only Loyola teammates, but other lacrosse guys from UVA, Rutgers, ND, UNC. All backing the idea up that you should never burn the bridges PUBLICLY that you made with teammates, no matter how bad you felt.

The odd thing about Chase's various comments about how Loyola teammates 'didn't accept him, it's not blue collar, etc...', is it's all nonsense. Loyola probably has the most welcoming team in D1 and most of the guys are not (in spite of conventional wisdom) prep school kids. Lindley and Olmstead are public school kids, as is most of the team. The prep school grads on the team hardly even qualify as 'preppy'...lol. Look at Pat and Jacob; two hard-nosed kids who never got in trouble, were incredibly gracious to anyone they met (including Chase); they happened to attend private schools in B-more but hardly fit the mold of what people envision.

The other irony is IMG (where Chase attended HS) has more 'soft' prep school kids than most places; it's a school where Johnny Laxalot's parents are shelling out $60k/year to make sure Johnny plays D1 lax...even when he's not qualified.

In any event, I think Chase just didn't know how to handle a very straightforward situation; he didn't feel Loyola was a 'perfect' fit for him, culturally and geographically. That is totally fair. But then he dramatized a fib out of thin air. The problem today for Cuse is he's a management problem. If he explodes in one practice at one teammate, gets kicked out of one game for a stupid penalty, does anything outside of school that brings unwanted attention, you can be sure what Desko and staff will be thinking. That's a tight rope.

In any event, as I say, let's go boys!!! The Hounds will rock in 2020! Maybe that's what got under someone's skin! :lol:
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Just two things on the Chase Scanlan story:

One, he didn't enjoy being on the team at Loyola. I don't understand how anyone can put themselves in his shoes and say that he "fibbed" about his impression of the team. His impression is HIS impression. He didn't like it. Had no close friends. Didn't feel like he fit in. It happens. So he moved on.

Two, I am not sure why anyone is suddenly imagining scenarios where he gets into fights with teammates at Syracuse or gets thrown out of games for bad behavior. At no time in his freshman year at Loyola did he get into fights with teammates, misbehave during games or embarrass the University in any manner on or off the field.

I am not sure why you would say that Coach Desko has a single thing to worry about with Chase.There is no "tight rope" that they are walking. That is in your head.

He is a nice kid who did not like playing for Loyola. Happens at every school. Sometimes you fit in, sometimes you don't.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Spot on Hen.

I suppose it’s a little like the Andrew Luck situation.

I wrote a few posts taking the same view. I don’t know he would have ever stayed but I doubt LC looked at him as anything other than an elite player. That is to say an individual with individual needs. I say that with relatives who know the family and kids. T is an outstanding coach. A few fans fall far short of the standard he would expect
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Henpecked wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:52 pm
One, he didn't enjoy being on the team at Loyola. I don't understand how anyone can put themselves in his shoes and say that he "fibbed" about his impression of the team. His impression is HIS impression. He didn't like it. Had no close friends. Didn't feel like he fit in. It happens. So he moved on.

Two, I am not sure why anyone is suddenly imagining scenarios where he gets into fights with teammates at Syracuse or gets thrown out of games for bad behavior. At no time in his freshman year at Loyola did he get into fights with teammates, misbehave during games or embarrass the University in any manner on or off the field.

I am not sure why you would say that Coach Desko has a single thing to worry about with Chase.There is no "tight rope" that they are walking. That is in your head.

He is a nice kid who did not like playing for Loyola. Happens at every school. Sometimes you fit in, sometimes you don't.

Just a "nice kid who did not like playing for Loyola"? Hmmmm...How do you square your anodyne impression of a kid who would say this about a full team of 45 other human beings:

"He thought players on Loyola put money first. On top of not having the same interests, most kept to themselves: “If it doesn’t help them out, they don’t care,” he said."

Yeah, generally when I want to depart a squad because I just don't like the place, I use the chance to wholesale-smear the character of every kid I just spent a full year with! :lol:

You can ignore the elephant in the room all you want, that's on you. On Planet Earth, Desko won't be so sanguine...he'll be watching carefully, hoping his gamble pays off and doesn't spell the end of his career. Handing 22 to anyone should be treated with almost perfect due diligence.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Deep denial. I know people who know him. I will trust then thank you
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

dude, enough already. how many posts have you made chastising or taking swipes at him? 20? 40? probably more.

he's a year and a half out of high school, what's your excuse? the players will set their own justice for any missteps he's made publicly.

we get it. you're loyola green and grey and he's dead to you. really is time to move on.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:09 pm dude, enough already. how many posts have you made chastising or taking swipes at him? 20? 40? probably more.

he's a year and a half out of high school, what's your excuse? the players will set their own justice for any missteps he's made publicly.

we get it. you're loyola green and grey and he's dead to you. really is time to move on.

You would see it that way...typical Wahoo. :lol:

Another way to look at it is my defending 45 other kids.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

OCanada wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:03 pm Deep denial. I know people who know him. I will trust then thank you

Deep denial by me? I'm providing real-life quotes. How is that denial? Denial here is nothing but a rivah in Egypt.
harflax

Post by harflax »

I know I am going to get destroyed for posting this but as a long time high school and club coach I can tell you the things that Scanlan said are not new. I am not saying they are true, but that is the rep of the program and quite frankly the school. I am not saying that they are indigenous to Loyola. You here the same things about a few other schools. Even the demographics of the team with 55% of the roster from private schools and seven from the state of Connecticut, six of whom are from wealthy public schools lend itself to the reputation. It simply is not a blue collar roster. Syracuse could be a better demographic fit for Scanlan. Are they broad generalizations, yes? I have had the pleasure to coach a few players over the years that have attended and played a Loyola and all of them are done to earth nice people from nice families.

This summer at a club tournament I had another head coach in the Patriot Conference go off on me about certain things at Loyola. A lot of heads were raised when Loyola took a transfer that was thrown out of a traditional blue blood school for a very serious violation a couple of years ago.

I think Coach T is a great coach, you have great dorms, and Loyola is a good academic school that draws from the majority of its students from the northeast. You may have the best fan base in the sport. All pluses for Loyola. However the items that Scanlan said are not new .
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

harflax wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:18 pm I know I am going to get destroyed for posting this but as a long time high school and club coach I can tell you the things that Scanlan said are not new. I am not saying they are true, but that is the rep of the program and quite frankly the school. I am not saying that they are indigenous to Loyola. You here the same things about a few other schools. Even the demographics of the team with 55% of the roster from private schools and seven from the state of Connecticut, six of whom are from wealthy public schools lend itself to the reputation. It simply is not a blue collar roster. Syracuse could be a better demographic fit for Scanlan. Are they broad generalizations, yes? I have had the pleasure to coach a few players over the years that have attended and played a Loyola and all of them are done to earth nice people from nice families.

This summer at a club tournament I had another head coach in the Patriot Conference go off on me about certain things at Loyola. A lot of heads were raised when Loyola took a transfer that was thrown out of a traditional blue blood school for a very serious violation a couple of years ago.

I think Coach T is a great coach, you have great dorms, and Loyola is a good academic school that draws from the majority of its students from the northeast. You may have the best fan base in the sport. All pluses for Loyola. However the items that Scanlan said are not new .
This doesn't surprise me being an actual alum of the school. loyola has a certain vibe about it that makes it hard to kinda get into and socialize to make friends with if you didn't do said activities or go to particular social gatherings while growing up. i thought about transferring after my first semester there but luckily i found some small groups of people who became very close friends. Unfortunately i don't have a big group of friends from Loyola to talk with but past is the past.

Many students come up from above middle class socio-economic backgrounds and every college has its uppity/snobby kids regardless where you go. Thankfully, the people i met were not snobby at all, you just need to know what topics to discuss to actually socialize with them. The demographics might not be blue blood in every sense of the word, but my guess is that Toomey treats every member of the team of the highest standard, and when that standard isn't especially off the field, then there will be issues.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

harflax wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:18 pm I know I am going to get destroyed for posting this but as a long time high school and club coach I can tell you the things that Scanlan said are not new. I am not saying they are true, but that is the rep of the program and quite frankly the school. I am not saying that they are indigenous to Loyola. You here the same things about a few other schools. Even the demographics of the team with 55% of the roster from private schools and seven from the state of Connecticut, six of whom are from wealthy public schools lend itself to the reputation. It simply is not a blue collar roster. Syracuse could be a better demographic fit for Scanlan. Are they broad generalizations, yes? I have had the pleasure to coach a few players over the years that have attended and played a Loyola and all of them are done to earth nice people from nice families.

going off on this, I personally know that one kid who came in as a transfer, was kicked out of the Loyola program as well due to a violation of rules
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
harflax

Post by harflax »

The transfer I am speaking of was not kicked off the team and was in Loyola's rotation playing every game. Hopefully the transfer learned from his mistake at the previous school and will turn out to be a productive member of society.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

harflax wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 pm The transfer I am speaking of was not kicked off the team and was in Loyola's rotation playing every game. Hopefully the transfer learned from his mistake at the previous school and will turn out to be a productive member of society.
i put in horrrible grammar for my post whoops i mean to say "I personally know, that there was one kid, who was kicked off the team etc etc"
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”