Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ABV 8.3%

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:00 pm

Yup.......point is, the jobs were filled with legal workers. That is the point. Jobs that people won't do. Which people? More racism for those that allow human rights abuses to take place with our illegal, underpaid (illegally paid too ) , no benies, OSCHA doesn't get called ... undocumented workers.

Nope, Tesla didn't get in trouble when an illegal (for THAT job) legal visa worker fell. Ooppps.

Yup.....it's a workers rights issue.
https://www.southcoasttoday.com/article ... ate=ampart :roll:
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the one.

Is your conclusion that the 300 jobs filled after the illegals were arrested, there was only one applicant per opening? Ummm.....ok
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:03 am

Yup.......point is, the jobs were filled with legal workers. That is the point. Jobs that people won't do. Which people? More racism for those that allow human rights abuses to take place with our illegal, underpaid (illegally paid too ) , no benies, OSCHA doesn't get called ... undocumented workers.

Nope, Tesla didn't get in trouble when an illegal (for THAT job) legal visa worker fell. Ooppps.

Yeah, that's the one.

Is your conclusion that the 300 jobs filled after the illegals were arrested, there was only one applicant per opening? Ummm.....ok
[/quote]

Is your conclusion there was 10-15 applications per job? Ummmm ok.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:15 am

Yeah, that's the one.

[/quote]

So, you are focusing on the addition of an "S" to make thousand plural? You tell us, how many DID apply for the 300, or so, jobs, since you know so much.

Again, the point is that the jobs were filled with able bodied US citizens (or legal workers). It's laughable that people evah state "this kind of work" that American's won't do.

Labor day is coming up.......let's forget the (what number TLD ? :roll: ) dead, injured and ostracized and the history behind workers rights. OVertime? Safe working conditions? Health care?

Nay, way better to pay someone $2 an hour. (which, factually, IS what many get paid ) and sip cocktails and call yourself a humanitarian at the next $30K a plate fundraiser.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:22 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:15 am

Yeah, that's the one.

So, you are focusing on the addition of an "S" to make thousand plural? You tell us, how many DID apply for the 300, or so, jobs, since you know so much.

Again, the point is that the jobs were filled with able bodied US citizens (or legal workers). It's laughable that people evah state "this kind of work" that American's won't do.

Labor day is coming up.......let's forget the (what number TLD ? :roll: ) dead, injured and ostracized and the history behind workers rights. OVertime? Safe working conditions? Health care?

Nay, way better to pay someone $2 an hour. (which, factually, IS what many get paid ) and sip cocktails and call yourself a humanitarian at the next $30K a plate fundraiser.
[/quote]

Like I said I believe in fair wages. What I focused on was that multiples of thousand of people weren’t out of work because those underpaid illegals were standing in the way. Do you know how many, legal workers turned the jobs down because the wages were too low? Nope. You don’t.....BTW, the money trickles down from the plate dinners.... ;)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am

Yes, E-verify makes a ton of sense. For employment. (But also for gun registration.)

But it also makes a ton of sense to significantly increase guest worker, green card programs, etc as well as path to citizenship, etc. Make it much, much easier to be 'legal', screening for violent criminals and serious terrorist risks. Get folks into the legal system, paying taxes, building their own personal prosperity as they contribute to overall society. Many illegals have zero desire to become citizens. Ever.

My mom's Trump supporter guest this week was talking about her son-in-law's site prep construction business in Montana. He used to have 5 crews of Mexican migrant workers, now down to one, the 'immigration crisis' is strangling his business, he can't find any workers willing to come to Montana to do this work. Just love the cretins that blame "the work" as the reason why they can't "find" willing workers. Instead of looking in the mirror and blaming it on the REAL reason their lousy pay thShe's confused about how to think about this...
Over 10 years now, when that backpack company got nabbed with 100's of illegals.....either New Bedford or Fall River, I forget which......but, when the back pack company HAD to hire LEGAL workers, thousands of people showed up. Yeah....the work :roll:
I had somewhat the same reaction, ABV, but of course in some cases the business simply goes out of business because those higher wages can't compete with products made overseas. Look at crab picking on the Eastern Shore of MD...losing out to a 'blue crab' from SE Asia...did the backpack company survive the higher wages?

But I do agree that those whining about not enough workers other than perhaps seasonal produce should look at their business model and see whether it's actually sustainable.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Here you go - very close friend - West Point and Harvard MBA. Daughter has twice tried to off herself with a knife. You gonna ban those as well? Mental illness is a terrible thing - might want to attack the problem not the means.

Adopted daughters, son and grandson driving to DFW - thought I was in LA, SF, LIE, GW, D, and a knucklehead driving in the grass, lane changing to the emergency lane and just lane changing, I think with all of his efforts he got 4 cars ahead of us. Finally say how come no one is honking and giving universal sign of piece - three adults immediately say, never know who has the guns. Maybe guns could be used for responsible driving?
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:19 pm TLD,
Here you go - very close friend - West Point and Harvard MBA. Daughter has twice tried to off herself with a knife. You gonna ban those as well? Mental illness is a terrible thing - might want to attack the problem not the means.

Adopted daughters, son and grandson driving to DFW - thought I was in LA, SF, LIE, GW, D, and a knucklehead driving in the grass, lane changing to the emergency lane and just lane changing, I think with all of his efforts he got 4 cars ahead of us. Finally say how come no one is honking and giving universal sign of piece - three adults immediately say, never know who has the guns. Maybe guns could be used for responsible driving?
I will worry about knives after guns. We have too many senseless deaths but firearms compared to the rest of the civilized world. I don’t want to take your guns away. Slow down the supply and after an couple of generations people won’t miss it. Like changing alcohol policy on campuses. Kids today don’t miss how it was 30 years ago. They only know what they know. Change the culture and reduce the supply over time. You can keep your guns.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Gotta agree with L&M though, TLD, the two situations you linked aren't much about guns the way I see it.
Those two incidents likely would have happened another way if there weren't any available guns.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm Gotta agree with L&M though, TLD, the two situations you linked aren't much about guns the way I see it.
Those two incidents likely would have happened another way if there weren't any available guns.
I don’t know. You can keep your guns. I don’t want to take them away. I want future generations to not be interested in guns and for access to be harder. A lot of senseless domestic shootings will drop off.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
NCAA football is starting. Come to any Power5 game in a major stadium and then provide a complete assessment of college kids and drinking - alrighty. You will be sorely disappointed if you think it is not happening - just the venues have changed.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:18 pm TLD,
NCAA football is starting. Come to any Power5 game in a major stadium and then provide a complete assessment of college kids and drinking - alrighty. You will be sorely disappointed if you think it is not happening - just the venues have changed.
Plenty of games on High Street.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:54 am

Yes, E-verify makes a ton of sense. For employment. (But also for gun registration.)

But it also makes a ton of sense to significantly increase guest worker, green card programs, etc as well as path to citizenship, etc. Make it much, much easier to be 'legal', screening for violent criminals and serious terrorist risks. Get folks into the legal system, paying taxes, building their own personal prosperity as they contribute to overall society. Many illegals have zero desire to become citizens. Ever.

My mom's Trump supporter guest this week was talking about her son-in-law's site prep construction business in Montana. He used to have 5 crews of Mexican migrant workers, now down to one, the 'immigration crisis' is strangling his business, he can't find any workers willing to come to Montana to do this work. Just love the cretins that blame "the work" as the reason why they can't "find" willing workers. Instead of looking in the mirror and blaming it on the REAL reason their lousy pay thShe's confused about how to think about this...
Over 10 years now, when that backpack company got nabbed with 100's of illegals.....either New Bedford or Fall River, I forget which......but, when the back pack company HAD to hire LEGAL workers, thousands of people showed up. Yeah....the work :roll:
Yeah...taking jobs Americans are willing to do:

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi- ... migration/
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Not sure you are following the Bennett saga. The kid was in a mental facility and talked about shooting his parents. BTW, my friend's daughter was in a facility when she tried her wrists again. They got a court order allowing them to bring her home - I txt him daily to make sure he and his wife are ok.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:31 am TLD,
Not sure you are following the Bennett saga. The kid was in a mental facility and talked about shooting his parents. BTW, my friend's daughter was in a facility when she tried her wrists again. They got a court order allowing them to bring her home - I txt him daily to make sure he and his wife are ok.
Again, you can keep your gun. Hoping that in the future we have less of a gun culture and guns are not as readily available. You and I will be dead. I am not worried about it now. Don’t want to take your guns away. BTW, when I was in elementary school. A neighborhood kid in about the 7th/8th grade blew his brothers brains out on the street. Brain material right there on the sidewalk. It was about 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon. Dude was CRAZY. Another schoolmate shot and killed his father when he was in the 8th grade. Father had been abusing him. In both cases, guns were in the home. I had not thought about those things in years until your post just reminded me of it. Anyway, all the more reason to keep guns far away from crazy people. You can keep your guns. Not trying to confiscate all guns. Just want a change in culture. We have a bad drug culture too. Wouldn’t mind seeing that change too. It’s an opinion. Anyway, you can have your guns. Don’t want to take them away.

EDIT: BTW, in the case of the brother, nothing happened to him. Stayed crazy as a jay bird and as kids we were terrified whenever we saw him. Had to be careful to not move to the other side of the street if you saw him or you may make him mad. The last time I saw him, he had to be in his late teens riding a bike in traffic with cars honking at him. Nuts.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/

Friends had kids in the building. Jimmy Greene and I have two close mutual friends. Jimmy’s daughter was killed....You can keep your guns. Reducing the availability of large capacity magazines would be a start. I am hoping down the road, kids don’t get their Jollies shooting guns. Pick up a ball.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
Pick up a ball, who is gonna take care of the cows and sheep? I have a bunch of rancher friends if you want to spend a week. Could be in NV, TX or Idaho. You our MLD mentioned Deerfield Academy. Alrighty - I am sure most kids west and south of Manhattan, Greenwich, MA and Baltimore are applying there. Seriously do you believe 95% of the population even know what a prep is? How about add Georgetown Prep. Prep schools, really? Maybe we should start paying for those schools - free prep school.

People keep using tinfoil hat term, some of you might consider getting out of the bubble wrap hat. Lots of hard working people that were not blessed or privileged with parents or names of means. Whole different world for 95% of the population.

BTW iMHO the nutball at Sandy Hook should never have had access to a gun. A responsible mom would have prevented that.

Finally was on Canandaigua Lake in boat - thankful it started after sitting - is bikini dental floss the trend? I got red-faced a few times which never happens much :o
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
If you work the ranch I am sure they will let you ride the bulls or rope some steers. Great experience. Someone made a movie with Billie Crystal. It was funny.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:11 pm TLD,
Pick up a ball, who is gonna take care of the cows and sheep? I have a bunch of rancher friends if you want to spend a week. Could be in NV, TX or Idaho. You our MLD mentioned Deerfield Academy. Alrighty - I am sure most kids west and south of Manhattan, Greenwich, MA and Baltimore are applying there. Seriously do you believe 95% of the population even know what a prep is? How about add Georgetown Prep. Prep schools, really? Maybe we should start paying for those schools - free prep school.

People keep using tinfoil hat term, some of you might consider getting out of the bubble wrap hat. Lots of hard working people that were not blessed or privileged with parents or names of means. Whole different world for 95% of the population.

BTW iMHO the nutball at Sandy Hook should never have had access to a gun. A responsible mom would have prevented that.

Finally was on Canandaigua Lake in boat - thankful it started after sitting - is bikini dental floss the trend? I got red-faced a few times which never happens much :o
Just want to reduce. Not eliminate.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:25 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:33 pm Gotta agree with L&M though, TLD, the two situations you linked aren't much about guns the way I see it.
I don’t know. You can keep your guns. I don’t want to take them away. I want future generations to not be interested in guns and for access to be harder. A lot of senseless domestic shootings will drop off.
Your telling folks that they can keep their guns. The problem is there is an ever growing movement on the gun hating side that believes people should not be allowed to keep their guns. In fact they should be the ones to determine what guns and what magazines people should be allowed to have. Maybe we should also tone down the 1st amendment and limit some of the hate speech coming from that arena? It is sort of an apples to apples comparison to the second amendment. There are elements of the 1st amendment that are the high capacity magazines of the second amendment. Shut them down and shut them up... that is the new American way after all. What the hell reason did I join the army to protect all of our freedoms? Stupid people... and I mean stupid people have forgotten the concept of freedom and are willing to hand that freedom over to the monarchs in DC. The saddest part is that they are willing to do so without as much as a whimper. Red Flag laws sound like a great idea. The downside is once these people in DC establish a precedent for going into an American citizens house and removing their firearms because they deem you unfit to own one. They will be able to go into anyones house and remove their firearms for whatever reason that suits their fancy. There should be a Red Flag when it comes to Red Flag laws. :roll:
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”