The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:24 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm .:lol:. ...that check barely covers my taxes. My portfolio's been +/- 6 figures this wk. F China. We'll adapt & survive.
Some of us worry about the USA we are going to leave behind, must be nice to not care...

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
I care more about our long term financial security & the impact on workers, than on the short term damage to my personal wealth.
If i didn't, I'd be braying with the goats over the "trade war" market fluctuations.
"long term financial security"? How does the deficit play into that equation???

How does our old infrastructure play into it?
Elementary and secondary educational system?

Glad to hear that you'd sacrifice some of your personal wealth for the good of the US longterm financial security, but you do understand that what is spooking the market is the growing recognition that Trump is leading us to a second Great Depression...trade war is how it started. Monetary policy can't overcome that problem.
r's really dont care, they have their hero whacking away at anything and everything and they Cheer him on.

DEPLORABLE.

Notice that he is adding to the list of who he will blame when the the $&!! really hits the fans, this morning it is "American companies". It was a year ago when he called for a boycott on one great american company, and no r cared...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics ... index.html

Crickets...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm .:lol:. ...that check barely covers my taxes. My portfolio's been +/- 6 figures this wk. F China. We'll adapt & survive.
Some of us worry about the USA we are going to leave behind, must be nice to not care...

I care more about our long term financial security & the impact on workers, than on the short term damage to my personal wealth.
If i didn't, I'd be braying with the goats over the "trade war" market fluctuations.
"long term financial security"? How does the deficit play into that equation???

How does our old infrastructure play into it?
Elementary and secondary educational system?

Glad to hear that you'd sacrifice some of your personal wealth for the good of the US longterm financial security, but you do understand that what is spooking the market is the growing recognition that Trump is leading us to a second Great Depression...trade war is how it started. Monetary policy can't overcome that problem.
r's really dont care, they have their hero whacking away at anything and everything and they Cheer him on.

DEPLORABLE.

Notice that he is adding to the list of who he will blame when the the $&!! really hits the fans, this morning it is "American companies". It was a year ago when he called for a boycott on one great american company, and no r cared...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/12/politics ... index.html

Crickets...
The r's are "fundamentally changing america"...(sound familiar) just different than the way Obama and the left wanted to do it. We are happy with our constitution and bill of rights. Seems off that you all are getting spun up on money issues, and yet are content raising taxes and then raising them again....as both sides spend-spend-spend.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

Bullsh*t. I've been telling you about how Trump not managing this trade war has affected flyover Americans. Farmers. Suicide. Trump's forgotten voters who haven't enjoyed the last 20 years like you and I have.

Your response---and the response of several other posters----is to make fun of this, call us chicken little, and braying goats.

You have made fun of me every step of the way. Where is Trump when it comes to helping these people find other markets for their goods? Where's the help? I"ve told you EXACTLY what Trump should be doing to help us prepare for a cessation of trade with China. Instead of saying "yep, Trump dropped the ball on this, and as a result, Americans are suffering unnecessarily".....

....you come back with braying goats.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:04 pm

Bullsh*t. I've been telling you about how Trump not managing this trade war has affected flyover Americans. Farmers. Suicide. Trump's forgotten voters who haven't enjoyed the last 20 years like you and I have.

Your response---and the response of several other posters----is to make fun of this, call us chicken little, and braying goats.

You have made fun of me every step of the way. Where is Trump when it comes to helping these people find other markets for their goods? Where's the help? I"ve told you EXACTLY what Trump should be doing to help us prepare for a cessation of trade with China. Instead of saying "yep, Trump dropped the ball on this, and as a result, Americans are suffering unnecessarily".....

That was in response to the Silence of the Lambs.
Don't rant & troll for a response {crickets}, then cry when it's not what you want to hear.
I've made my position clear -- taking a stand vs China will cause some short term pain for all of us, to claw back some of what we've given up.
The farmers get it & have been hanging in there with Trump. Your response is to bray about channeling tariff revenues to bail out the ag sector.
I'm sorry your EU bourbon sales are down. My nest egg is down >10% today from a month ago (due to numerous market factors). We'll all survive. We've got to break our addiction to stolen Chinese junk & fentanyl.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seems off that you all are getting spun up on money issues, and yet are content raising taxes and then raising them again....as both sides spend-spend-spend.
It was complete dumb-forkery to have been cutting taxes in the middle of good economic times. Paul Ryan is just as much of a moron as Trump on this!!!

In 2015 (i.e when the tan-suited Commie was president) the total tax burden (federal, state, local, sales tax, payroll tax, property tax, corporate tax, income tax, everything tax) in the U.S. was 26.4% of GDP. The average among the 38 developed countries in the world was 34.3%. That tax burden ranked the U.S. 34th out of the 38 for having low taxes.

So newsflash -- our taxes are TOO LOW by the relevant measures: (i) Americans pay the lowest taxes of almost every other developed country and (ii) our taxes obviously are much too low to pay for what we spend. #math.

Anyone who can count knows the ONLY answer is to raise taxes a bit and cut spending a bit. #simpsonbolwes. #grandbargain.

At a minimum, you absolutely don't cut our already low/too low taxes further!! Which is why we should NEVER EVER have a GOP president again. Always/only have a Dem president, and then also rarely have a Congress completely controlled by Dems. Tax and spend is bad (Clinton, Obama), but borrow and spend (Reagan, W) is much much worse.

Sheesh!!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... -8-charts/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:lol: But then when Trump lightens up a little it's "HE CAVED!" So which is it a fan? You seem confused...
old salt

Post by old salt »

tech37 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:51 pm

:lol: But then when Trump lightens up a little it's "HE CAVED!" So which is it a fan? You seem confused...
We're heading for a cyclic global recession for a lot of reasons (including our MSM propagandist cheerleaders).
Germany's not in recession because of our " trade war " with China.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm Nopity, nope, nope, nope.

Sorry buddy, you don't get to play this game. We told you BEFORE the bill was signed what would happen. And put up reminders as to the consequences of the Tax Bill almost monthly.

And what was the BS reaction from the Water Cooler right?

Well, we got a mix of "how can you possibly know what will happen because of this bill", to "you need to be patient" to see how it all works out. And now that your mathematical dumbassery ( ;) ) has reached a point where you acknowledge the problem, you want to blame elections? Nope. Sell it somewhere else.

You were wrong before the bill was signed. You're wrong now. And rather than admit that your party's idea of never paying your bills is a bad idea, you go all in, and blame it on an election season.

Your party is intellectually bankrupt. Dance around this fact all you want.
We already went over this a few times. Hint - DIck Cheney on National Debt being inconsequential. No need to fill up pages on it again.
Pray tell, why do we even bother to tax if this is fact?
Crickets...
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:42 pm Nopity, nope, nope, nope.

Sorry buddy, you don't get to play this game. We told you BEFORE the bill was signed what would happen. And put up reminders as to the consequences of the Tax Bill almost monthly.

And what was the BS reaction from the Water Cooler right?

Well, we got a mix of "how can you possibly know what will happen because of this bill", to "you need to be patient" to see how it all works out. And now that your mathematical dumbassery ( ;) ) has reached a point where you acknowledge the problem, you want to blame elections? Nope. Sell it somewhere else.

You were wrong before the bill was signed. You're wrong now. And rather than admit that your party's idea of never paying your bills is a bad idea, you go all in, and blame it on an election season.

Your party is intellectually bankrupt. Dance around this fact all you want.
We already went over this a few times. Hint - DIck Cheney on National Debt being inconsequential. No need to fill up pages on it again.
Pray tell, why do we even bother to tax if this is fact?
Crickets...
Use the search function
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The farmers are holding on for nothing. Quote this and mock me when I’m wrong.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What are lottery number for tonight?
~Livy

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Brazil is burn-clearing the Amazon to meet agriculture demand. They have a Trump too.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's are all home tonight toasting their hero o d.

o d escalated his unprecedented attacks against America’s central bank Friday, calling Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell an “enemy” of the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ump-wants/

Chairman Xi and Putin doing the same!

Dow Jones industrial average loses more than 600 points, or 2.4%, after Trump demands companies stop doing business with China

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ia-report/

DEPLORABLE
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Isn't this old salt person the guy who gave an analysis, both financial and strategic, encouraging Trump to seriously consider buying Greenland. Call me I would prefer that the money be spent giving THE SOUTHERN FRIED CHILDREN, (those disgusting rapists, drug runners, and sex mules, better food & water, warm blankets, toothpaste, toilet paper, non-grungy billets and perhaps,if there's re a few shekels to spare, reunite them with their parents . :o

I served with some USNA grads. Called themselves goats. I get wistful and angry when I see the word GOAT in the same paragraph as the word TRUMP. Those goats were all about honor, duty and were focused on getting the task accomplished. This TRUMP guy does not come close to possessing any of the aforementioned qualities that made those chaps, IMHO, the best of the best.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

old salt

Post by old salt »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:21 pm

Isn't this old salt person the guy who gave an analysis, both financial and strategic, encouraging Trump to seriously consider buying Greenland. Call me I would prefer that the money be spent giving THE SOUTHERN FRIED CHILDREN, (those disgusting rapists, drug runners, and sex mules, better food & water, warm blankets, toothpaste, toilet paper, non-grungy billets and perhaps,if there's re a few shekels to spare, reunite them with their parents . :o

I served with some USNA grads. Called themselves goats. I get wistful and angry when I see the word GOAT in the same paragraph as the word TRUMP. Those goats were all about honor, duty and were focused on getting the task accomplished. This TRUMP guy does not come close to possessing any of the aforementioned qualities that made those chaps, IMHO, the best of the best.
Trump got the Greenland idea from this Harvard educated lawyer :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Cotton
On January 11, 2005, Cotton enlisted in the U.S. Army.[9] Cotton declined offers to serve in the Army J.A.G. Corps and instead volunteered for the infantry. Cotton had resolved to serve as an Army infantryman in his third year of law school while watching live news coverage of the September 11 attacks, and had begun a regimen of physical exercise and studying military history.[10] In March 2005, he entered Officer Candidate School, and in June 2005 was commissioned a second lieutenant of infantry.[11]

In May 2006, Cotton was deployed to Baghdad as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom as a platoon leader with the 101st Airborne Division. In Iraq, he led a 41-man air assault infantry platoon in the 506th Infantry Regiment, and planned and performed daily combat patrols.[11] In December 2006, Cotton was promoted to first lieutenant. He was assigned as a platoon leader for the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) at Fort Myer, Virginia.[12] In October 2008, Cotton was deployed to eastern Afghanistan. He was assigned within the Train Advise Assist Command – East at its Gamberi forward operating base (FOB) in Laghman Province as the Operations Officer of a Provincial Reconstruction Team, where he planned daily counter-insurgency and reconstruction operations.[11] His 11-month deployment ended on July 20, 2009 and he returned from Afghanistan.[11] He then returned to farming his family ranch.[13]

In July 2010, Cotton transferred to the United States Army Reserve. His military record shows his final discharge from the U.S. Army Reserve was in May 2013; he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal and earned a Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, and Iraq Campaign Medal.[11][14][15]
Trump's Sec of State & Sec of Def are West Point grads & veterans who served honorably.
They volunteered to serve in his cabinet & pursue his policies.
Duty, Honor, Country
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Shame nobody believes them. Wonder how that happened. West Pointer now carries water for the butcher Mohammed Bonesaw. His command is hollowed out, his word scoffed at. Were there any other schools Mike attended? Bring back the draft.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 pm

On January 11, 2005, Cotton enlisted in the U.S. Army.[9] Cotton declined offers to serve in the Army J.A.G. Corps and instead volunteered for the infantry. Cotton had resolved to serve as an Army infantryman in his third year of law school while watching live news coverage of the September 11 attacks, and had begun a regimen of physical exercise and studying military history.[10] In March 2005, he entered Officer Candidate School, and in June 2005 was commissioned a second lieutenant of infantry.[11]

In May 2006, Cotton was deployed to Baghdad as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom as a platoon leader with the 101st Airborne Division. In Iraq, he led a 41-man air assault infantry platoon in the 506th Infantry Regiment, and planned and performed daily combat patrols.[11] In December 2006, Cotton was promoted to first lieutenant. He was assigned as a platoon leader for the 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard) at Fort Myer, Virginia.[12] In October 2008, Cotton was deployed to eastern Afghanistan. He was assigned within the Train Advise Assist Command – East at its Gamberi forward operating base (FOB) in Laghman Province as the Operations Officer of a Provincial Reconstruction Team, where he planned daily counter-insurgency and reconstruction operations.[11] His 11-month deployment ended on July 20, 2009 and he returned from Afghanistan.[11] He then returned to farming his family ranch.[13]

In July 2010, Cotton transferred to the United States Army Reserve. His military record shows his final discharge from the U.S. Army Reserve was in May 2013; he was awarded the Bronze Star Medal and earned a Ranger Tab, Combat Infantryman Badge, Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge, Afghanistan Campaign Medal, and Iraq Campaign Medal.[11][14][15]
Trump's Sec of State & Sec of Def are West Point grads & veterans who served honorably.
Duty, Honor, Country
Do you use a straw with that Kool-Aide?
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:57 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Duty, Honor, Country
Do you use a straw with that Kool-Aide?
Straws are all gone. ...Red State tail gate season soon.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/19/trump-2 ... or-15.html
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm Don't rant & troll for a response {crickets}, then cry when it's not what you want to hear.
Crying? Try laughing at your responses because you don't believe what you're writing.

You're being stubborn. You're wrong. Period. A sitting President is tweeting our Trade "strategy". And you're defending it. It's ridiculous.

You'd be here foaming at the mouth had Obama tweeted that we were leaving Iraq. Instead? You're acting like this is wise, sound governance.

Just stop it. You don't believe a word you are typing.
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm I've made my position clear -- taking a stand vs China will cause some short term pain for all of us, to claw back some of what we've given up.
That's a stupid position, and you know it. Why would we intentionally take short term economic pain with NO PLAN to help find US exporters and importers other markets and supply chains?

And what happens when China says "no deal"? Then there's no "clawing back", as you put it. Then were only left with pointless economic damage that we weren't prepared for......with the cherry on top that is a Cold War.

And we're not prepared for the economic damage, or a Cold War.

And I've told you a dozen times now that all Trump needs to do to get me on board (even today) is to announce: "I've directed that $1 Billion be placed in various Federal Departments, and Federal officials will leave our shores with all relevant US Trade groups to find new markets for our goods, and new supply chains. The government is here to help, and to ensure Americans win no matter what"

That's it. He does that, I'm behind him. Use our massive GDP advantage to stick it to the Chinese. Sign me up. Do you have any idea what would happen to my business if Trump gave my brother free airfare and lodging to find distribution points around the world?

And what message would that send to China? "Holy cow, this guy is serious, and US companies are finding new suppliers and buyers with each passing day".

Trump started this mess, and people need help.

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm The farmers get it & have been hanging in there with Trump.
Not the one's I know. Some are going out of business. Some are offing themselves. I've told you this before. Just had folks from Coors grain department out here an hour ago to show them around. Told me farmers are NOT doing well because of all this. It's time to plant....what do they plant?
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm Your response is to bray about channeling tariff revenues to bail out the ag sector.
That's what you think happened---you think Trump bailed out the ag sector? Trump cut a few checks to well connected buddies and friends of the Republican party---big Ag. They didn't need the money in the first place. Actual, real farmers got nothing, as always. A Chinese processing company got a check, FFS. Sweet. Nice Job.
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm I'm sorry your EU bourbon sales are down.
Thank you, I really appreciate that, but that's not where we are affected. We don't sell bourbon there yet.
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm My nest egg is down >10% today from a month ago (due to numerous market factors).
Sorry to hear that, but it's just down on paper, no?
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm We'll all survive.
That's a non-statement. If I had come back with that statement when Obama pulled of Iraq, you would have lost your mind. Instead, you gave dozens of reasons why leaving too soon was bad. Because the way we do things matters. Where'd that guy go? I'd like to have him back on this forum.... ;)
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm We've got to break our addiction to stolen Chinese junk & fentanyl.
Great. I'm on board. What's the plan on how to do that best? Because the guy you are pretending to defend doesn't have a plan for how to do that.

Return to “POLITICS”