The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by CU88 »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:52 pm Trump doesn't care, and we don't anyone who works for him smart enough to formulate an actual Trade Plan. At this point, that's what's infuriating. This is not part of a larger plan. This is Trump trying to act tough. Pointless, and costing Americans billions of dollars. And no one in the Republican party has the stones to call him out for it.

Our trade plan is now tweet by tweet. Sooner or later, posters other than myself are going to start losing money over this nonsense. This is the first time I've been able to tell who is in the White House....in the sense that the person effects my business one way or another.
r's know that trade wars are easy to win!

China hits U.S. with tariffs on $75 billion worth of goods, reinstates auto levies, state media report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ia-report/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trump doesn't care, and we don't anyone who works for him smart enough to formulate an actual Trade Plan. At this point, that's what's infuriating. This is not part of a larger plan. This is Trump trying to act tough. Pointless, and costing Americans billions of dollars. And no one in the Republican party has the stones to call him out for it.

Our trade plan is now tweet by tweet. Sooner or later, posters other than myself are going to start losing money over this nonsense. This is the first time I've been able to tell who is in the White House....in the sense that the person affects my business one way or another.
Last edited by a fan on Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s talking down the market again, comparing his own Fed chair to Chinese enemies. What an enormous a hole. Leave the Fed alone or destroy its usefulness. On to the G7. Idiots abroad!
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

""We don't need China and, frankly, would be far better off without them," he said. He also "ordered" American companies "to immediately start looking for an alternative to China."

Here we are, fellas. Barreling headlong into a Cold War.

Oh well. Can't say no one warned you.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He HEREBY ordered companies to tell China to pound salt. Omg. Make it stop.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He’s gonna land and find it’s now the G6.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trinity wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:34 pm He HEREBY ordered companies to tell China to pound salt. Omg. Make it stop.
Wonder where all the poster went who told us at the start of Trump's term that you can't take what Trump says/tweets literally?

Turns out, nope. Country's can and do take Trump literally. Whoops. Bad advice.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

What I’ll always remember, said Clarice, was the silence of the lambs.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

delusional righties no longer concern themselves with the national debt:

oh gee, I wonder why .....
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
a fan

Post by a fan »

Looney Tunes would call them "Stubbornus Americanus", Trinity.

Can't admit when they're wrong. Or worse, when someone with a little R by their name is wrong. It's genetic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:59 pm What I’ll always remember, said Clarice, was the silence of the lambs.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's have their heads so far up o d a$$ they don't see any signs of pending trouble.

Manufacturing sector contracted for the first time since 2009, data show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... data-show/

crickets...
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:31 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:59 pm What I’ll always remember, said Clarice, was the silence of the lambs.
Want me to pull up your posts where you called me Chicken Little when I told you were dangerously close to a Trade War?

We get it: you're still drawing a check, so you don't care about the economic damage the rest of us are dealing with...so you make fun.

This "I got mine, F everyone else" mindset is doing generational damage.
old salt

Post by old salt »

.:lol:. ...that check barely covers my taxes. My portfolio's been +/- 6 figures this wk. F China. We'll adapt & survive.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm .:lol:. ...that check barely covers my taxes. My portfolio's been +/- 6 figures this wk. F China. We'll adapt & survive.
Some of us worry about the USA we are going to leave behind, must be nice to not care...

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:18 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:05 pm .:lol:. ...that check barely covers my taxes. My portfolio's been +/- 6 figures this wk. F China. We'll adapt & survive.
Some of us worry about the USA we are going to leave behind, must be nice to not care...

I care more about our long term financial security & the impact on workers, than on the short term damage to my personal wealth.
If i didn't, I'd be braying with the goats over the "trade war" market fluctuations.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:24 pm

I care more about our long term financial security & the impact on workers, than on the short term damage to my personal wealth.
If i didn't, I'd be braying with the goats over the "trade war" market fluctuations.
"long term financial security"? How does the deficit play into that equation???

How does our old infrastructure play into it?
Elementary and secondary educational system?

Glad to hear that you'd sacrifice some of your personal wealth for the good of the US longterm financial security, but you do understand that what is spooking the market is the growing recognition that Trump is leading us to a second Great Depression...trade war is how it started. Monetary policy can't overcome that problem.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

R’s want government involvement is all aspects of USA life.

No response to o d declaration today “Our great American companies ARE HEREBY ORDERED…”

Not One Single Peep from any r.

DEPORABLE
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:33 pm R’s want government involvement is all aspects of USA life.

No response to o d declaration today “Our great American companies ARE HEREBY ORDERED…”

Not One Single Peep from any r.

DEPORABLE
Deplorable..... He has become the Burgermeister.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:32 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:24 pm

"long term financial security"? How does the deficit play into that equation???

How does our old infrastructure play into it?
Elementary and secondary educational system?

Glad to hear that you'd sacrifice some of your personal wealth for the good of the US longterm financial security, but you do understand that what is spooking the market is the growing recognition that Trump is leading us to a second Great Depression...trade war is how it started. Monetary policy can't overcome that problem.
I was responding to this cheap shot at me, about the impact of the "trade war" with China, not about the deficit.
a fan wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 pmWant me to pull up your posts where you called me Chicken Little when I told you were dangerously close to a Trade War?

We get it: you're still drawing a check, so you don't care about the economic damage the rest of us are dealing with...so you make fun.

This "I got mine, F everyone else" mindset is doing generational damage.
Last edited by old salt on Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”