Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dirrrrrrgl! Along w Hays and the Rutgers coach who came from D3 as some of the biggest coaching disappointments the last 20yrs. Good thing Loyala found a great one to right the ship.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

SHHHH!
Don't say that name. Never say that name.
Nothing to see here.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
molo

Post by molo »

You mean the guy who grabbed a couple of hits on his "asthma inhaler?"
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Cottle had a few issues as well. Toomey is outstanding. A little biased maybe because I have relatives that know the family through the kids
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

The 2020 roster is up, just have to attach names to faces for the new guys. Meet your Loyola freshman class of 2023
#0- Colton Teitelbaum GK
#11- Matt Heuston M
#15 Eric Pacheco FO
#16 Joey Kamish A
#18 Jack Griffin A
#20 Will Sherwood M
#29 Chris Cottone FO
#30 Najee Taylor M
#32 Evan James M
#35 Billy Weiss D
#43 Calder Vandenheuval LSM
#45 Adam Poitras A.

Interesting things to note: Griffin takes Scanlan's number due to the transfer.
Cam Wyers switched numbers from #20 to #5 now.
Teitelbaum gets Stover's old number
The sophomores got two transfers Riley Seay #42 and Jack Decker #25.

Last thing that i would like to say: Lindley is no longer wearing #31, the number he's wearing now... boyyy does that number carry a lot of weight given who wore it before him
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:16 am
flalax22 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:59 am For those that like social media beef. Stover took Scanlan to the woodshed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1Wm5qonVmc/
oh its onnnnn between the two schools if they play again yikessss

And for those who want to know the real deal (and what I have elliptically been alluding to), Jacob Stover was the moral leader of this squad...the kid is rock solid and will be a massive success in life.

Once again from the rafters: 'Cuse coaches handed out #22 way too fast. Not saying Chase can't adjust to the weight of the role, but Desko will have to stage-manage that process every step of the way...Jacob S knows the deal.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ohmilax34 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:09 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 pm
flalax22 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:59 am For those that like social media beef. Stover took Scanlan to the woodshed.
love social media beefs!!!
really liked scanlan's game with the hounds. like probably most (but maybe not him yet), feel like he really could use a pr rep, if not a mentor, on his public face. even in the small world of lacrosse.
in any event, for hounds fans --- only saw about one half, so take it fwiw --- running with some of his new crew in l.p., playing attack... struggled seeing slides early enough and getting rid of it before a double ensued. trying to do too much? or maybe not ready yet for the new spot. very small sample size. for the weekend, that talented group struggled to score very much.
social media beefs!!!
Scanlon's role within the Syracuse offense will be only as big as he is capable. SU has a lot of guys who can carry the ball and draw slides and some talented passers, like Rehfuss and Curry. I don't think Scanlon is going to jump in and be the main ball carrier. Not when they already have Dordevic, Curry, Trimboli and Rehfuss.

Then why hand out #22?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:14 pm
love social media beefs!!!
really liked scanlan's game with the hounds. like probably most (but maybe not him yet), feel like he really could use a pr rep, if not a mentor, on his public face. even in the small world of lacrosse.
in any event, for hounds fans --- only saw about one half, so take it fwiw --- running with some of his new crew in l.p., playing attack... struggled seeing slides early enough and getting rid of it before a double ensued. trying to do too much? or maybe not ready yet for the new spot. very small sample size. for the weekend, that talented group struggled to score very much.
social media beefs!!!
What exactly is Lake Placid? is that an event for college guys and alums to play high level lacrosse to hone their skills?

Lake Placid first is a town in the Adirondacks. Second, for this board, 'Lake Placid' is a premier summer lacrosse tourney similar in some ways to the Vail Lacrosse Shootout. Lots of chest-beating about which team was the 'best ever', nighttime drinking by the older fellers, and general bonhomie. Great players of all ages. Played on 7 fields all straddling the Lake Placid Airport.

https://www.summitlacrosseventures.com/ ... pions-2019

https://vaillacrosse.com/
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:37 pm

And for those who want to know the real deal (and what I have elliptically been alluding to), Jacob Stover was the moral leader of this squad...the kid is rock solid and will be a massive success in life.

Once again from the rafters: 'Cuse coaches handed out #22 way too fast. Not saying Chase can't adjust to the weight of the role, but Desko will have to stage-manage that process every step of the way...Jacob S knows the deal.
Looks Like Lindley might be a leader after all for 2020. He's wearing Spencer's old number
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

"7" is the Man ... Ok Kevin, time to step it up!! Congrats and Best Wishes. Wear that number with pride and humility because it will always be special - and kick some butt on the field.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Ya know, just sitting here thinking what a great group of kids Toomey has and has had.

Stover is hands down the nicest most genuine kid you will ever meet. If you have the fortune of speaking with him, come back here and tell me what you see. The kid is as grounded and humble as you will ever find.

Patty Ice, his teammate and erstwhile Teewarton winner, is also a great young man. We are all cheering for him to light up D1 in hoops this year.

Lindley is as good a kid as you will also ever find. Humble, hungry, focused. I do not know the story intimately, but I have zero doubt that Kevin called Pat and asked if this was ok, and Pat said absolutely. And it is fitting.

I close with a warning to those who don't follow the Hounds: the 2020 Hounds will be a better team than the 2019 version. And I bet Pat and Jacob agree. Kevin ain't strapping on #7 for no reason. UVA can not come soon enough.

Unleash the Hounds!!!!
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 am Ya know, just sitting here thinking what a great group of kids Toomey has and has had.

Stover is hands down the nicest most genuine kid you will ever meet. If you have the fortune of speaking with him, come back here and tell me what you see. The kid is as grounded and humble as you will ever find.

Patty Ice, his teammate and erstwhile Teewarton winner, is also a great young man. We are all cheering for him to light up D1 in hoops this year.

Lindley is as good a kid as you will also ever find. Humble, hungry, focused. I do not know the story intimately, but I have zero doubt that Kevin called Pat and asked if this was ok, and Pat said absolutely. And it is fitting.

I close with a warning to those who don't follow the Hounds: the 2020 Hounds will be a better team than the 2019 version. And I bet Pat and Jacob agree. Kevin ain't strapping on #7 for no reason. UVA can not come soon enough.

Unleash the Hounds!!!!
FYI, look out for Lehigh great class coming in.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Lenwood117 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:59 am
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:16 am Ya know, just sitting here thinking what a great group of kids Toomey has and has had.

Unleash the Hounds!!!!
FYI, look out for Lehigh great class coming in.

I agree. We referenced them earlier in this thread as a great frosh class.

But, they'll be a year from competing for the PL title (imo). They lost their 4 top scorers, but more importantly, they fell off toward the end of the season. The youngsters, if asked to carry the team, will take a year to flesh out.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I agree that Lehigh will be young, but don't forget that lefty attackman Andrew Pettite is coming back to Lehigh this year after a year off with a knee injury. He was the leading scorer in 2018 with 47 goals and 20 assists. They have some great young players that got limited time last year and did great including Tommy Schelling, Ryan Klose and Cole Kirst. Teddy Leggett is an animal and Connor Gaffney will be improved in year two at FOGO. So look past Lehigh at your own peril.

All that said, Lehigh has not really come close to beating Loyola over the last 6 years. Almost all of these games were not competitive. So forget everything I just said about watching out for Lehigh this year. :lol:

Army presents a much bigger challenge with at ton of returning talent. Brendan Nichtern is the best young attackman that nobody seems to talk about (30g 49a as a frosh!). They just have to replace Barretto in goal.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 am I agree that Lehigh will be young, but don't forget that lefty attackman Andrew Pettite is coming back to Lehigh this year after a year off with a knee injury. He was the leading scorer in 2018 with 47 goals and 20 assists. They have some great young players that got limited time last year and did great including Tommy Schelling, Ryan Klose and Cole Kirst. Teddy Leggett is an animal and Connor Gaffney will be improved in year two at FOGO. So look past Lehigh at your own peril.

All that said, Lehigh has not really come close to beating Loyola over the last 6 years. Almost all of these games were not competitive. So forget everything I just said about watching out for Lehigh this year. :lol:

Army presents a much bigger challenge with at ton of returning talent. Brendan Nichtern is the best young attackman that nobody seems to talk about (30g 49a as a frosh!). They just have to replace Barretto in goal.
one thing that i'd like to say- their top FO guy as a freshman last year, was deemed academically INELIGIBLE to play, and yet Lehigh made an announcement saying that he retained 4 years of eligibility? What???? i thought if you're academically ineligible you lose an entire year to play. Look at Pat Foley from JHU or Ryder Garnsey from ND as good examples
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:30 am I agree that Lehigh will be young, but don't forget that lefty attackman Andrew Pettite is coming back to Lehigh this year after a year off with a knee injury. He was the leading scorer in 2018 with 47 goals and 20 assists. They have some great young players that got limited time last year and did great including Tommy Schelling, Ryan Klose and Cole Kirst. Teddy Leggett is an animal and Connor Gaffney will be improved in year two at FOGO. So look past Lehigh at your own peril.

I think Army has bigger problems than losing Barretto (who I am a huge fan of). I think their bigger loss is Surdick, but their biggest problem is FOGO.

Surdick was Spencer's kryptonite, and basically everyone's kryptonite. It is so hard to replace a defenseman with that ability; I'd rather replace Spencer tbh.

Army needs a good FOGO> if they had one, that offense would be hard to beat. Basically everyone is coming back. I always like teams with returning talent with a year or two under their belt and that is Army. But they need to plug that FOGO hole. Barangan was a freshman and he returns, so he'll likely be better, but he needs to be a lot better than .399 to help Army.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

houndace1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:47 am one thing that i'd like to say- their top FO guy as a freshman last year, was deemed academically INELIGIBLE to play, and yet Lehigh made an announcement saying that he retained 4 years of eligibility? What???? i thought if you're academically ineligible you lose an entire year to play. Look at Pat Foley from JHU or Ryder Garnsey from ND as good examples
they changed the rule for spring sports at the same time they gave football the opportunity for freshmen to play 4 games and not use up a year.
spring sports had been at a disadvantage from fall sports... if you got ruled ineligible after participating in an out-of-season contest (spring scrimmage for a fall sport), it didn't cost you a year for fall sports (outside of football, they don't scrimmage outside teams) if you still had a redshirt. went by the academic calendar.

so now you can participate in a fall scrimmage vs an nc$$ opponent, and then if you get ruled ineligible after that fall semester, you haven't burned your year.
prior, you didn't lose a year because you were academically ineligible... you lost it because you were academically ineligible after scrimmaging somebody, which had kick-started your year.
foley lost his before the rule was enacted. and either didn't win an appeal now that the rule has changed or declined to come back.
the rule actually encompasses the semester, if you then become eligible. so in 2019 garnsey evidently had the choice to come back next year, or jump in on the playoff push after the semester ended. he chose the latter, and played.

i don't know if that freshman had participated in a fall scrimmage, but now it doesn't matter.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:16 am

I think Army has bigger problems than losing Barretto (who I am a huge fan of). I think their bigger loss is Surdick, but their biggest problem is FOGO.

Surdick was Spencer's kryptonite, and basically everyone's kryptonite. It is so hard to replace a defenseman with that ability; I'd rather replace Spencer tbh.

Army needs a good FOGO> if they had one, that offense would be hard to beat. Basically everyone is coming back. I always like teams with returning talent with a year or two under their belt and that is Army. But they need to plug that FOGO hole. Barangan was a freshman and he returns, so he'll likely be better, but he needs to be a lot better than .399 to help Army.
They have a FOGO returning from injury maybe he can help.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:13 pm #20 Will Sherwood M
Will related to former Greyhound, Dave?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Good question. Kid was a solid middie for Spalding last year in the MIAA A.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”