Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: Orange Duce

Post by seacoaster »

Interesting little history lesson, explaining why Miller holds sway over immigration policy in the Trump White House:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/17/us/p ... e=Homepage

“The point of immigration policy is to benefit Americans,” he said, not “strain the social safety net.”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s got his daily average of lies up to 20. People barely notice anymore.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

Just your typical Democrat candidate for the house of representatives, wants to rape and stave kids.

Last edited by laxman3221 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

laxman3221 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 pm Just your typical Democrat candidate for the house of representatives, whats to rape and stave kids.

Looks like you missed the point, and the spelling lesson.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm I wish the Danes would have taken Truman's offer. $100 million would be a bargain.
HUGE strategic asset. An aircraft carrier at the top of the world.
ICBM silos & bomber bases to range anywhere in the USSR.
EZ to close the GIUK gap to Ivan's subs.
Mid-atlantic refueling & emerg divert base for short range aircraft.
Fishing, mineral & offshore energy rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d-n1042966
The President is the sort of moron that muses about this sort of thing, which will never happen. The President's advisors appear to be toadying morons who not only think nothing of the President -- in his limited executive time -- musing about these sorts of idiotic things, they encourage it. It's like the President of the United States saying, "Gee, let's buy the Algarve." But you toady-up too, as if on cue, to normalize the musings of this knucklehead.
Your TDS has made you a bitter, humorless, attack dog, too closed minded for rational discourse.
Truman tried to purchase Greenland in 1945. I mused about the strategic "what if's" during the Cold War & since, had he succeeded.
The Algarve ? How 'bout an E coast Alaska, for a relevant analogy. How did Seward's folly work out ?
Idiotic things ? Besides AK, what other US territory has been acquired via purchase.
TDS rots the mind.
C'mon now. Comparing the state of things now with the conditions of the world at the time of the Louisiana Purchase or Seward's Folly is comparing apples to sea urchins, which you certainly know. My point -- which you also get, even if you don't agree with it -- is that these are the sort of silly, pointless things that take up the mind of our President, and are condoned and encouraged by the little yes-men with whom he has surrounded himself. The issue is where we are now and the likelihood that the purchase of Greenland is any more or less liable to happen in the 65 years since Harry Truman couldn't get the deal done. Tell me: how would you place a value on Greenland? What are the due diligence metrics? Etc., etc., etc.

But avoid that: by all means always fall back on your worn out, hackneyed, all-purpose "TDS" blather.
Nice try. I was musing about Truman trying to buy Greenland in 1945 & the impact it might have had -- a historical "what if ".
I didn't know that, found it intriguing, & mused about the strategic impact it would have had during the Cold War & beyond.
I said nothing about Trump or his current "offer". That didn't stop you from defaulting to a fit of TDS & attacking me as a toady.
It turns out that Trump's the third "moron" President to muse about purchasing Greenland. Get over it.
The problem with acting like a toady nearly all the time is that when you want to claim you're not, at that specific moment, doing so, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. SAD.
Like it or not, Trump is our President, When he does something I approve of, I'm going to defend him.
I didn't vote for him. I didn't support him. I want him to succeed, because when he succeeds, the US succeeds.
The TDS is so intense in this forum, it's impossible to have a fact based, rational discussion.
When you attack the messenger, rather than arguing the facts or the merits, you reveal your own shallowness, insecurity & lack of objectivity.
There's 2 sides to every argument, but you can't tolerate differing opinions without making it personal. Weak.
Again, it's simply SAD that when one is so consistently acting like a toady one doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore, even when one is honestly not doing so.

I don't have any argument with your "musings" about Greenland. No need to argue with them. But you were whining about not mentioning Trump, just referring a 'what if' about Truman. True, you didn't mention Trump but he's the elephant in the room...obviously!

And nearly every comment you make on here is somehow backdrop or directly on point for normalizing his tenure in office.

I totally disagree about wanting him to succeed as being synonymous with wanting the US to succeed.
He's not the US, thank god.

I do want the US to succeed, despite his predations and stumbles.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

seacoaster wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:45 pm
laxman3221 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:27 pm Just your typical Democrat candidate for the house of representatives, whats to rape and stave kids.

Looks like you missed the point, and the spelling lesson.
laxman3221 wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:21 pm
We took a new shooter out. My boys girlfriend. She had sensible and exceptional gun control. Ringing the steel often at 100 yards her first time out.
Wonder how any candidate for the house of representative, whether Republican or Democrat would STAVE kids? :shock: I would imagine it would be a horrific experience. A medieval nightmare. Obviously, there are rather limited points of entry on the human body. into which a STAVE would fit....no matter how much KY is applied, pre-entry. And the curvature of staves would add an extra measure of pain. Perhaps this laxman3221 is a Proctologist and knows more about this draconian process than me. :?:

But you must give this 3221 credit for his openness (no pun intended.) How many folks would proudly brag that his boys share a girlfriend? Wonder if his children's lady fair's relationship with al of them is platonic or.......?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:11 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm I wish the Danes would have taken Truman's offer. $100 million would be a bargain.
HUGE strategic asset. An aircraft carrier at the top of the world.
ICBM silos & bomber bases to range anywhere in the USSR.
EZ to close the GIUK gap to Ivan's subs.
Mid-atlantic refueling & emerg divert base for short range aircraft.
Fishing, mineral & offshore energy rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d-n1042966
The President is the sort of moron that muses about this sort of thing, which will never happen. The President's advisors appear to be toadying morons who not only think nothing of the President -- in his limited executive time -- musing about these sorts of idiotic things, they encourage it. It's like the President of the United States saying, "Gee, let's buy the Algarve." But you toady-up too, as if on cue, to normalize the musings of this knucklehead.
Your TDS has made you a bitter, humorless, attack dog, too closed minded for rational discourse.
Truman tried to purchase Greenland in 1945. I mused about the strategic "what if's" during the Cold War & since, had he succeeded.
The Algarve ? How 'bout an E coast Alaska, for a relevant analogy. How did Seward's folly work out ?
Idiotic things ? Besides AK, what other US territory has been acquired via purchase.
TDS rots the mind.
C'mon now. Comparing the state of things now with the conditions of the world at the time of the Louisiana Purchase or Seward's Folly is comparing apples to sea urchins, which you certainly know. My point -- which you also get, even if you don't agree with it -- is that these are the sort of silly, pointless things that take up the mind of our President, and are condoned and encouraged by the little yes-men with whom he has surrounded himself. The issue is where we are now and the likelihood that the purchase of Greenland is any more or less liable to happen in the 65 years since Harry Truman couldn't get the deal done. Tell me: how would you place a value on Greenland? What are the due diligence metrics? Etc., etc., etc.

But avoid that: by all means always fall back on your worn out, hackneyed, all-purpose "TDS" blather.
Nice try. I was musing about Truman trying to buy Greenland in 1945 & the impact it might have had -- a historical "what if ".
I didn't know that, found it intriguing, & mused about the strategic impact it would have had during the Cold War & beyond.
I said nothing about Trump or his current "offer". That didn't stop you from defaulting to a fit of TDS & attacking me as a toady.
It turns out that Trump's the third "moron" President to muse about purchasing Greenland. Get over it.
The problem with acting like a toady nearly all the time is that when you want to claim you're not, at that specific moment, doing so, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. SAD.
Like it or not, Trump is our President, When he does something I approve of, I'm going to defend him.
I didn't vote for him. I didn't support him. I want him to succeed, because when he succeeds, the US succeeds.
The TDS is so intense in this forum, it's impossible to have a fact based, rational discussion.
When you attack the messenger, rather than arguing the facts or the merits, you reveal your own shallowness, insecurity & lack of objectivity.
There's 2 sides to every argument, but you can't tolerate differing opinions without making it personal. Weak.
Again, it's simply SAD that when one is so consistently acting like a toady one doesn't get the benefit of the doubt anymore, even when one is honestly not doing so.

I don't have any argument with your "musings" about Greenland. No need to argue with them. But you were whining about not mentioning Trump, just referring a 'what if' about Truman. True, you didn't mention Trump but he's the elephant in the room...obviously!

And nearly every comment you make on here is somehow backdrop or directly on point for normalizing his tenure in office.

I totally disagree about wanting him to succeed as being synonymous with wanting the US to succeed.
He's not the US, thank god.

I do want the US to succeed, despite his predations and stumbles.
I get it now. Trump's the President. You don't like Trump, so we can't discuss anything that Trump does or his policies, unless it's negative.

I don't approve of much of what Trump does & almost nothing about the way he leads or communicates, & there's nothing I can do about it.
When I point out the positive aspects (imho) about some of his policies or initiatives, that makes me a toady.

I resist opining about what your attempts to stifle discussion (which you do not agree with) makes you.
Your abundant words speak for themselves. There's no need to characterize those you don't agree with to make your point, ...other than to set up a strawman foil for your virtue signalling.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

...attempts to stifle discussion...

Yikes. :?: A forum such as this, are ideal venues for discussions. Am I missing something?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Yikes. :?: A forum such as this, are ideal venues for discussions. Am I missing something?
Apparently Salty doesn’t like having his Trumpism pointed out. He claims to not like Trump, didn’t vote for him but darn if near everything he contributes on here isn’t another attempt to normalize the creep that currently inhabits the Oval Office. Just ain’t buying it, that dog don’t hunt.

Point out this BS and he feels stifled. SAD

Salty, yes you Can do something about it . Vote him out of office!
Meanwhile, call on the GOP to grow a spine and repudiate him.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:48 pm

Apparently Salty doesn’t like having his Trumpism pointed out. He claims to not like Trump, didn’t vote for him but darn if near everything he contributes on here isn’t another attempt to normalize the creep that currently inhabits the Oval Office. Just ain’t buying it, that dog don’t hunt.

;)
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 pm Apparently Salty doesn’t like having his Trumpism pointed out. He claims to not like Trump, didn’t vote for him but darn if near everything he contributes on here isn’t another attempt to normalize the creep that currently inhabits the Oval Office. Just ain’t buying it, that dog don’t hunt.

I have 1 vote in MD, as do you. I hate to break it to you -- our votes for President are totally irrelevant.
I'm not a donor, so neither party cares what I think.
You still haven't figured out how Trump highjacked the GOP & why he still has it in a strangle hold.
(hint : you don't have to be a Trumpist, supporter, or voter to approve of some of his policies)
This a.m., CSPAN radio featured another author who can explain it for you. Listen & learn.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?463465-3/ ... start=2182

If you can't be bothered, I direct your attention to the caller at 00:42:49. In his lead in to his question, he sums it up nicely.
Last edited by old salt on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:24 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:03 pm Apparently Salty doesn’t like having his Trumpism pointed out. He claims to not like Trump, didn’t vote for him but darn if near everything he contributes on here isn’t another attempt to normalize the creep that currently inhabits the Oval Office. Just ain’t buying it, that dog don’t hunt.

I have 1 vote in MD, as do you. I hate to break it to you -- our votes for President are totally irrelevant.
You still haven't figured out how Trump highjacked the GOP & why he still has it in a strangle hold.
(hint : you don't have to be a Trumpist, supporter, or voter to approve of some of his policies)
This a.m., CSPAN radio featured another author who can explain it for you. Listen & learn.

If you can't be bothered, I direct your attention to the caller at 00:42:49. In his lead in to his question, he sums it up nicely.
Salty,
I see. You are powerless. :roll:
Explains a lot.

Yup, in the last election I 'pulled the lever' but for neither major party's candidate.
Protest vote. I was certainly not alone.

This time the message I want sent, and I hope many, many others send it with me, is as loud a repudiation of Trumpism as possible.

I've "figured it out" just fine how he pulled off a win that he himself didn't think would happen.
A lot of idiots and racists and misogynists voted for him, and a bunch of others thought that the 'other choice' was even worse so either didn't show up, or pulled the lever as I did, or held their noses in disgust and went with him.

Even so, he won with a slim margin in a few key states and that made an enormous difference in the Electoral College.

The idiots, the racists, the misogynists haven't gone away, they've only been further emboldened.
And the cowards in my party have not stood up to them.
They're putting their own fortunes ahead of the country. Shameful.

Maybe the Dems will put up a candidate so bad there will be an excuse again for some to hold their noses and vote again for Trump, despite knowing how much of an idiot, racist, misogynist he actually is, but I doubt it.

I sure hope not!

BTW, you're only powerless if you want to be. You could quite easily go up to PA and canvas against Trump in some of those rural counties in which someone with your personal background might have some credibility if he did so.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Salty,
Explains a lot.

Yup, in the last election I 'pulled the lever' but for neither major party's candidate.

This time the message I want sent, and I hope many, many others send it with me, is as loud a repudiation of Trumpism as possible.

I've "figured it out" just fine how he pulled off a win that he himself didn't think would happen.
A lot of idiots and racists and misogynists voted for him, and a bunch of others thought that the 'other choice' was even worse so either didn't show up, or pulled the lever as I did, or held their noses in disgust and went with him.

Even so, he won with a slim margin in a few key states and that made an enormous difference in the Electoral College.

The idiots, the racists, the misogynists haven't gone away, they've only been further emboldened.

Maybe the Dems will put up a candidate so bad there will be an excuse again for some to hold their noses and vote again for Trump, despite knowing how much of an idiot, racist, misogynist he actually is, but I doubt it.

I sure hope not!

BTW, you're only powerless if you want to be. You could quite easily go up to PA and canvas against Trump in some of those rural counties in which someone with your personal background might have some credibility if he did so.
The 63 million of your fellow Americans who voted for Trump are idiots, racists, & misogynists ?
The author also explains why the polls get it consistently wrong re Trump.
People don't like to talk to condescending pollsters who sound like you.

If you can't be bothered to listen, I'll transcribe the instructive portion of the caller at 00:42:49.
In his lead in to his question, he sums it up nicely.
GOOD MORNING AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING MY CALL. FIRST OF ALL, I JUST WANT TO STRESS -- I AM NOT A PARTY PERSON, I AM AN ISSUE PERSON. ISSUES ARE WHAT CONCERN ME. I DO SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP IN SOME OF THE ISSUES HE HAS ADVOCATED. ...
...SO RIGHT NOW I AM UP IN THE AIR ON WHICH WAY I WILL VOTE, BUT I WOULD LIKE THE PRESIDENT TO TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC.
I'm not interested in canvassing against Trump in PA, but I promise not to wear a MAGA ball cap when I attend the Central PA Sprint Car races, ...one of the few places I wouldn't be afraid to wear one, if I owned one.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:50 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:39 pm

Salty,
Explains a lot.

I sure hope not!

The 63 million of your fellow Americans who voted for Trump are idiots, racists, & misogynists ?
The author also explains why the polls get it consistently wrong re Trump.
People don't like to talk to condescending pollsters who sound like you.

If you can't be bothered to listen, I'll transcribe the instructive portion of the caller at 00:42:49.
In his lead in to his question, he sums it up nicely.
GOOD MORNING AND THANK YOU FOR TAKING MY CALL. FIRST OF ALL, I JUST WANT TO STRESS -- I AM NOT A PARTY PERSON, I AM AN ISSUE PERSON. ISSUES ARE WHAT CONCERN ME. I DO SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP IN SOME OF THE ISSUES HE HAS ADVOCATED. ...
...SO RIGHT NOW I AM UP IN THE AIR ON WHICH WAY I WILL VOTE, BUT I WOULD LIKE THE PRESIDENT TO TONE DOWN THE RHETORIC.
I'm not interested in canvassing against Trump in PA, but I promise not to wear a MAGA ball cap when I attend the Central PA Sprint Car races, ...one of the few places I wouldn't be afraid to wear one, if I owned one.
Yeah, MAGA hat wearers have it rough. Such a SAD story.

No, the 63 million who voted for him were supporting a racist and a misogynist. Maybe they didn't know it at the time (though you'd have to be at least half an idiot not to know). Now, you're definitely an idiot if you don't know it.

But yes, a ton of the others are indeed 'idiots' themselves. If they could actually identify an issue they actually agreed with Trump on, and could actually articulate why, the highest likelihood would be 'Build the Wall', "Muslim Ban" or some other racist horse manure. DEEP STATE, FAKE NEWS, "I'm smarter than all the Generals".

Most importantly, stick it to the those libs... and hard...

Look at who voted for him, Salty.
The one, the only, demographic in which he dominated was white, non-college educated men. More so if you were older, than younger.

Now, if you were white and had a college education, nope, you were more likely to vote for Clinton. Male or female, but especially female.
All other demographic groups voted for Clinton.

Gee, I wonder why ?
Are these white, no college, older men actually stupid? Maybe, can't rule it out for all, but mostly, I think they liked the idea of another older white guy with absolutely zero class, twice divorced, serial assaulter of women, draft dodger, show off his comely wife and gilt bathrooms and tell them he'll stick it to all those who threaten their white, male way of life. Finally someone who will stick it to those college educated jerks who think they're better than us...

But you are of course exactly correct that there are some folks out there who voted for him because they actually thought he was a conservative, would manage the country like a successful businessman would, blah blah blah.

Again, hard to imagine how you guys were such idiots, but if you don't get it now that he's not conservative, not a successful businessman, and he sure doesn't have a clue how to actually manage a government, well...I'm back to 'idiot.

Fortunately, not all the Trump voters were actually idiots, racists, or misogynists first time around, and they're gonna either not vote at all or they'll be pulling the lever for the D, much as it may pain them to do so.

The question between those two options will be whether the Dems nominate someone they can stomach or not. But if they just stay home, the Dems win this next go round.

Maybe the Trump fever will break and the GOP can find it's way back to sanity.
Hope so.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Got it. 63 million non-college educated white men voted for Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

800,000 was enough.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:37 pm Look at who voted for him, Salty.
The one, the only, demographic in which he dominated was white, non-college educated men. More so if you were older, than younger.
Please define non-college educated?

Do you mean trade school men and women, auto mechanics, chefs, firefighters, EMT's, UPS and delivery service people, etc.

Sounds like you are in lock step w/HRC and her deplorable comment.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:28 am

Do you mean trade school men and women, auto mechanics, chefs, firefighters, EMT's, UPS and delivery service people, etc.

You are stereotyping those people. I know many people in those fields that went to college.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 am

You are stereotyping those people. I know many people in those fields that went to college.
I'm not, MD was...you are helping me make my point. Thanks.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:44 am

Exactly; me too.

"non-college educated", definition: they didn't go to college
Might have graduated HS, might not.

Lots of folks in those jobs went to college, many did not.
Of course, some non-college educated folks are quite well read, self-taught. Some run large companies, have been inventors, computer scientists, etc.

Note also, not all non-college educated white men who voted, voted for Trump.
Some voted for HRC.

youth,
Let me also make clear that just because someone didn't get a college degree doesn't make them stupid. My wife's dad didn't finish high school, went into the Navy as a 16yr old during WWII, then into the fishing business. Self-taught, well-read, thoughtful. Far from an 'idiot'. Made sure his 3 kids all focused on education. Each of them paid for their own college education, though, my wife was valedictorian of her HS, Dartmouth, Harvard Business School. Brother is one of the top computer scientists working for 3 letter agencies. Sister went into high school education after an initial, successful career in real estate.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”