Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wahoomurf

Re: Orange Duce

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:57 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 am Nice to know he gives something away. But my “TDS” won’t let me shake the photo of the First Lady/Third Wife holding the baby just orphaned by an admiring mass shooter with Duce next to them grinning with his thumbs-up.

Leadership. Baubles tossed to the crowd can’t make up for an absence of character.
Seacoaster: TDS? QUE? Other than a dose of "the clap" he gave to his 4th mistress, Trump doesn't give away nor pay for anything. Wilbur Ross "covers" all of Trump's bills.

The attached photo is out of leftfield and not germane to this thread's content. That written, the diver is a Portsmouth guy. Guess Togs are bigger a few miles up the coast.
Gigging For Togs Off Nubble Light 2.jpg
Gigging For Togs Off Nubble Light 2.jpg (48.05 KiB) Viewed 1846 times
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nubble Light is about ten miles from Portsmouth off of York Beach Long Sands. What is “gigging for togs”?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 am
I thought he was working for free? (Sorry for the YouTube. I don’t usually drop one on you).

You should read the article, this was "His second quarter Check" . And because your narrative is wrong via youtube video, Trump held true to his word and his Q1 check went to Homeland Security. I inserted the link to save you the trouble.

See, just like that, you should like the man even more...he is honoring his word. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:49 pm
I thought he was working for free? (Sorry for the YouTube. I don’t usually drop one on you).

You should read the article, this was "His second quarter Check" . And because your narrative is wrong via youtube video, Trump held true to his word and his Q1 check went to Homeland Security. I inserted the link to save you the trouble.

See, just like that, you should like the man even more...he is honoring his word. ;)
So it’s not news that he is giving $100k away? BTW, check says VOID. Donald probably issued a stop payment! :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:27 pm

So it’s not news that he is giving $100k away? BTW, check says VOID. Donald probably issued a stop payment! :lol: :lol:
Of course its news, otherwise the narrative you want to believe would be true. It says void in images so it cannot be used for fraud.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 pm Nubble Light is about ten miles from Portsmouth off of York Beach Long Sands. What is “gigging for togs”?
I know where Nubble is and quite familiar with "The Ledge". Just thought you might get a kick out the photo.Gigging=spearfishing.Togs...a colloquialism for Tautogs (Blackfish).Hope I didn't offend. :o
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:53 pm
seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:30 pm Nubble Light is about ten miles from Portsmouth off of York Beach Long Sands. What is “gigging for togs”?
I know where Nubble is...58 miles from my sister's house in Biddeford Pool. I'm quite familiar with "The Ledge". Just thought you might get a kick out the photo.Gigging=spearfishing.Togs...a colloquialism for Tautogs (Blackfish).Hope I didn't offend. :o
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm I wish the Danes would have taken Truman's offer. $100 million would be a bargain.
HUGE strategic asset. An aircraft carrier at the top of the world.
ICBM silos & bomber bases to range anywhere in the USSR.
EZ to close the GIUK gap to Ivan's subs.
Mid-atlantic refueling & emerg divert base for short range aircraft.
Fishing, mineral & offshore energy rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d-n1042966
The President is the sort of moron that muses about this sort of thing, which will never happen. The President's advisors appear to be toadying morons who not only think nothing of the President -- in his limited executive time -- musing about these sorts of idiotic things, they encourage it. It's like the President of the United States saying, "Gee, let's buy the Algarve." But you toady-up too, as if on cue, to normalize the musings of this knucklehead.
Your TDS has made you a bitter, humorless, attack dog, too closed minded for rational discourse.
Truman tried to purchase Greenland in 1945. I mused about the strategic "what if's" during the Cold War & since, had he succeeded.
The Algarve ? How 'bout an E coast Alaska, for a relevant analogy. How did Seward's folly work out ?
Idiotic things ? Besides AK, what other US territory has been acquired via purchase.
TDS rots the mind.
C'mon now. Comparing the state of things now with the conditions of the world at the time of the Louisiana Purchase or Seward's Folly is comparing apples to sea urchins, which you certainly know. My point -- which you also get, even if you don't agree with it -- is that these are the sort of silly, pointless things that take up the mind of our President, and are condoned and encouraged by the little yes-men with whom he has surrounded himself. The issue is where we are now and the likelihood that the purchase of Greenland is any more or less liable to happen in the 65 years since Harry Truman couldn't get the deal done. Tell me: how would you place a value on Greenland? What are the due diligence metrics? Etc., etc., etc.

But avoid that: by all means always fall back on your worn out, hackneyed, all-purpose "TDS" blather.
Nice try. I was musing about Truman trying to buy Greenland in 1945 & the impact it might have had -- a historical "what if ".
I didn't know that, found it intriguing, & mused about the strategic impact it would have had during the Cold War & beyond.
I said nothing about Trump or his current "offer". That didn't stop you from defaulting to a fit of TDS & attacking me as a toady.
It turns out that Trump's the third "moron" President to muse about purchasing Greenland. Get over it.
The problem with acting like a toady nearly all the time is that when you want to claim you're not, at that specific moment, doing so, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. SAD.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

This sculpture, located in the GOBI DESERT. Perhaps an In-Memoriam tribute to "the last of the DODOS"?

Not so fast. A DODO is alive and stinking up the White House. Hope that particular DODO will be the last one.
gobi dodo.jpg
gobi dodo.jpg (47.33 KiB) Viewed 1811 times
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wahoomurf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:57 pm
I know where Nubble is...58 miles from my sister's house in Biddeford Pool. I'm quite familiar with "The Ledge". Just thought you might get a kick out the photo.Gigging=spearfishing.Togs...a colloquialism for Tautogs (Blackfish).Hope I didn't offend. :o
No offense taken and understood: none intended. I just wanted to be clear that this Portsmouth guy was in Maine.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Of course its news, otherwise the narrative you want to believe would be true. It says void in images so it cannot be used for fraud.
Since when did Trump care about fraud! :lol: :lol: :lol: Smart people commit fraud!
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Trump Owes Taxpayers $108,000,000.00

Post by DocBarrister »

Trump’s golf trips to his own properties have already cost American taxpayers over $108 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... be12a528aa

Republicans are such hypocrites. They criticized Obama for golfing too much, while Trump is far outpacing him and costing taxpayers a fortune.

Just like the stupidity of criticizing Hillary’s email server when Trump to this day uses an unsecured cell phone at his own insistence, basically inviting every intelligence service in the world to listen in.

Just confirming Senator Hatch’s description of the GOP as the Party of Stupid.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Brooklyn

Re: Trump Owes Taxpayers $108,000,000.00

Post by Brooklyn »

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:38 pm Trump’s golf trips to his own properties have already cost American taxpayers over $108 million.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones ... be12a528aa

Republicans are such hypocrites. They criticized Obama for golfing too much, while Trump is far outpacing him and costing taxpayers a fortune.

Just like the stupidity of criticizing Hillary’s email server when Trump to this day uses an unsecured cell phone at his own insistence, basically inviting every intelligence service in the world to listen in.

Just confirming Senator Hatch’s description of the GOP as the Party of Stupid.

DocBarrister :roll:

Wha -- aattt ???

I thought the Republicans were the party of:

Christianity & decency
Family values
Integrity
Morality
Open mindedness
Principle
Truth, Justice, and the American way ...

No, it was they who thought they were that way! :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:30 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:57 pm
No offense taken and understood: none intended. I just wanted to be clear that this Portsmouth guy was in Maine.
His name is Aristotle Captain. A tech project guy. He's a recreational diver. Gives his catch to food banks. According to my nephew who lives in Newfields---when he's not on the road with BETO---occasionally dives with AC. He thinks AC's a mensch.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:01 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:46 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:25 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:54 pm I wish the Danes would have taken Truman's offer. $100 million would be a bargain.
HUGE strategic asset. An aircraft carrier at the top of the world.
ICBM silos & bomber bases to range anywhere in the USSR.
EZ to close the GIUK gap to Ivan's subs.
Mid-atlantic refueling & emerg divert base for short range aircraft.
Fishing, mineral & offshore energy rights.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... d-n1042966
The President is the sort of moron that muses about this sort of thing, which will never happen. The President's advisors appear to be toadying morons who not only think nothing of the President -- in his limited executive time -- musing about these sorts of idiotic things, they encourage it. It's like the President of the United States saying, "Gee, let's buy the Algarve." But you toady-up too, as if on cue, to normalize the musings of this knucklehead.
Your TDS has made you a bitter, humorless, attack dog, too closed minded for rational discourse.
Truman tried to purchase Greenland in 1945. I mused about the strategic "what if's" during the Cold War & since, had he succeeded.
The Algarve ? How 'bout an E coast Alaska, for a relevant analogy. How did Seward's folly work out ?
Idiotic things ? Besides AK, what other US territory has been acquired via purchase.
TDS rots the mind.
C'mon now. Comparing the state of things now with the conditions of the world at the time of the Louisiana Purchase or Seward's Folly is comparing apples to sea urchins, which you certainly know. My point -- which you also get, even if you don't agree with it -- is that these are the sort of silly, pointless things that take up the mind of our President, and are condoned and encouraged by the little yes-men with whom he has surrounded himself. The issue is where we are now and the likelihood that the purchase of Greenland is any more or less liable to happen in the 65 years since Harry Truman couldn't get the deal done. Tell me: how would you place a value on Greenland? What are the due diligence metrics? Etc., etc., etc.

But avoid that: by all means always fall back on your worn out, hackneyed, all-purpose "TDS" blather.
Nice try. I was musing about Truman trying to buy Greenland in 1945 & the impact it might have had -- a historical "what if ".
I didn't know that, found it intriguing, & mused about the strategic impact it would have had during the Cold War & beyond.
I said nothing about Trump or his current "offer". That didn't stop you from defaulting to a fit of TDS & attacking me as a toady.
It turns out that Trump's the third "moron" President to muse about purchasing Greenland. Get over it.
The problem with acting like a toady nearly all the time is that when you want to claim you're not, at that specific moment, doing so, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. SAD.
Like it or not, Trump is our President, When he does something I approve of, I'm going to defend him.
I didn't vote for him. I didn't support him. I want him to succeed, because when he succeeds, the US succeeds.
The TDS is so intense in this forum, it's impossible to have a fact based, rational discussion.
When you attack the messenger, rather than arguing the facts or the merits, you reveal your own shallowness, insecurity & lack of objectivity.
There's 2 sides to every argument, but you can't tolerate differing opinions without making it personal. Weak.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm I want him to succeed, because when he succeeds, the US succeeds.
Not true, and you know that. Some here disagree with many of his policies....and don't think they're good for the country.

For example, his tax cut was HORRIBLE for our country by just about any measure you could apply. Even though it stuffed money in my pockets, I didn't want that stupid bill to pass. I didn't want him to succeed in that case.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm The TDS is so intense in this forum, it's impossible to have a fact based, rational discussion.
If you think this is bad, you should have been around the forum for the Obama administration. ;)

(Have a good weekend)
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:28 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm I want him to succeed, because when he succeeds, the US succeeds.
Not true, and you know that. Some here disagree with many of his policies....and don't think they're good for the country.

For example, his tax cut was HORRIBLE for our country by just about any measure you could apply. Even though it stuffed money in my pockets, I didn't want that stupid bill to pass. I didn't want him to succeed in that case.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:19 pm The TDS is so intense in this forum, it's impossible to have a fact based, rational discussion.
If you think this is bad, you should have been around the forum for the Obama administration. ;)

(Have a good weekend)
FTR -- I never defended the tax cut, other than to say that based on principle, I did not object to losing my state & local tax deduction, even though it cost me money. Obama defenders were the in the majority in the WC, but I don't recall any of them being personally attacked for it, or called toady or bootlicker for defending him. However, criticism of his policies sometimes elicited inferences of racism, when facts or logic failed.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm FTR -- I never defended the tax cut, other than to say that based on principle, I did not object to losing my state & local tax deduction, even though it cost me money.
I remember your feelings on both. You always put your version of what you think is best for the nation first, and I admire that about you.
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm Obama defenders were the in the majority in the WC,
Not how I remember it at all. You had one guy who defended Obama no matter what. DocB. The defenders part came from folks like me who said with some posters, no matter what he did, it was wrong....and it went from being funny, to annoying....and now, of course laughable, as folks wave Trump through for things that Obama was called out for just months previous.

It's been one of my favorite revelations about this forum over the years-----party matters more than policy, and that door swings both ways, obviously.

Dis criticized Obama. So did Brookie. So did Fattlyax. All the lefties were annoyed by his halfbaked policies and half-measures.

The Moderates were miffed over Obamacare. The lefties, more so, because it didn't go to single payer.

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm but I don't recall any of them being personally attacked for it, or called toady or bootlicker for defending him. However, criticism of his policies sometimes elicited inferences of racism, when facts or logic failed.
You don't remember multiple posters mockingly calling Obama "the Messiah"? And making fun of posters who supported him? Citing handouts and laziness and other nonsense? Or hitting Obama for making racial tensions worse when he couldn't do any more or less than any other President?

And Obama was hit, non-stop, over anything and everything in the Middle East.

The personal attacks were limited, I presume, by the moderators. So on that point, perhaps you're right since we don't have censors here. This is a different forum, I guess.

I will say that it's plain as day that all the lefties I know aren't annoyed---they're angry, and they're angry at those who support Trump. Is this different than those who were angry at Obama supporters. Nope. Not in my opinion. The media is stoking both sides, sadly.
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 pm but I don't recall any of them being personally attacked for it, or called toady or bootlicker for defending him. However, criticism of his policies sometimes elicited inferences of racism, when facts or logic failed.
You don't remember multiple posters mockingly calling Obama "the Messiah"? And making fun of posters who supported him? Citing handouts and laziness and other nonsense? Or hitting Obama for making racial tensions worse when he couldn't do any more or less than any other President?

And Obama was hit, non-stop, over anything and everything in the Middle East.

The personal attacks were limited, I presume, by the moderators. So on that point, perhaps you're right since we don't have censors here. This is a different forum, I guess.

I will say that it's plain as day that all the lefties I know aren't annoyed---they're angry, and they're angry at those who support Trump. Is this different than those who were angry at Obama supporters. Nope. Not in my opinion. The media is stoking both sides, sadly.
Obama supporters attacking him for not going far enough don't count .:lol:.

I'm referring to personal attacks on other posters in the discussion, not on politicians or other personal figures -- they were fair game.

The Mods did limit the personal attacks, enforcing the forum rules, but not to the extent the a few vocal victims complained. Most posters complied.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm Obama supporters attacking him for not going far enough don't count .:lol:.
;)
old salt wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:40 pm I'm referring to personal attacks on other posters in the discussion, not on politicians or other personal figures -- they were fair game.

The Mods did limit the personal attacks, enforcing the forum rules, but not to the extent the a few vocal victims complained. Most posters complied.
There were a few that got upset over the editing, but it seemed to always be when things got personal....at least for posts I saw before they were deleted.

Apples and oranges, I guess. So I suppose you're right, things get a bit more personal here----is it because of the subject matter, or the venue? I don't know.

Doing my best not to get personal. A few recent issues are too personal to me, so I'm trying to avoid posting about them and do the "kick the dog" thing where you take it out on whomever is nearby, rather than realizing the poster isn't the problem, Trump's policies are.

Return to “POLITICS”