2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: 2020 Elections - A Reckoning

Post by CU88 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 am The standard reply from sufferers of Trump derangement syndrome.

The guys credentials are perfect for the discussion. Its his findings that aren't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have no idea how silly you sound.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:25 am
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:19 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:53 am Thats not what the Mueller Report, a rabid MSM or three other congressional investigations found. Nice try.
This is new from you. So Kush & Co. didn't meet with a Russians spy, looking for dirt on Hillary? That didn't happen?

I know you don't care, and that's fine. But you know this happened. They TRIED to work with Russia.

What did the Mueller report find? Come on you can say it. Youu might choke on it but what dod the report find.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am Then why all the noise and handwringing?
Because he didn't pass the immigration reform bill he promised, remember? You don't care that he didn't, and that's par for the course, but that's why. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am a 1% move is almost 2million households. Ask those two million if they notice a difference in their lives.
Odd, you didn't feel that way when unemployment dropped every year Obama was in office. Neither did FoxNation. instead, they pointed at the workforce participation rate.

You're stuck now. You telling me that Obama improved the lives of millions and millions of Americans since he took office, and they were put back to work? Uh-oh. You're going to lose your "I hate Obama" membership card over this.

Obama took office in 2008 in 2013 participation in the workforce was the lowest it had been since 1978 FACT
6ftstick wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:38 am From your post you can tell facts and numbers don't matter to YOU!
Not remotely true. Economy is doing great. My issue is with WHY the economy is doing great.

Trump got us here by borrowing Trillions, spending most of it on stuff we don't need, and handing the bill to our kids. You don't care, because you're a fake conservative. That's fine. Your prerogative.

The Federal Government is bigger than ever. And you're applauding. It's hilarious, if you ask me. Turns out the values you had a few years ago don't matter----you're getting paid, and that's all that matters.
This has been posted many times on multiple threads, but Trumpistas can't read or watch it???

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/all-o ... 30-minutes
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

ggait wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:23 pm
And McConnell would have been insisting on deficit reduction, so we wouldn't have had even one of the four big spending bills passed. No major bills of any kind, actually.
Yup.

We would be in MUCH better financial shape if HRC had won. No stupid tax cuts. No dumb spending bills. Economy would have kept on trucking just like it had been under Obama/Boehner-Ryan/McConnell. Back when we had reasonable taxes (certainly lower than ideal but tolerable) and muted spending increases (certainly higher than ideal but also tolerable).

When it comes to deficits and spending, the only formula that works is a D president and a Congress controlled (at least one chamber) by the GOP. Clinton/Gingrich. Obama/Boehner-Ryan/McConnell.

None of the other combos work. #facts

P.S. We REALLY would be in better financial shape if also Gore had won in 2000 -- Gore/Hastert/Daschle-Lott-Frist.
++++++++1
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 pm This has been posted many times on multiple threads, but Trumpistas can't read or watch it???

If you put Trumpfans in a room with their peers and turn a camera on them that they know would air somewhere, 100% of them would admit that what Trump and Co. did surrounding Russia----and all the non stop lying they were caught doing----was wrong, and not ok.

But here on the internet where they can dodge any question they'd like? They'll NEVER admit that Trump did bad things. At best, you'll get "whataboutHillary?"

It's so childish. It's like they think they'll get cooties for acknowledging that a politician lies, and that they don't like being lied to.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:15 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:07 pm This has been posted many times on multiple threads, but Trumpistas can't read or watch it???

If you put Trumpfans in a room with their peers and turn a camera on them that they know would air somewhere, 100% of them would admit that what Trump and Co. did surrounding Russia----and all the non stop lying they were caught doing----was wrong, and not ok.

But here on the internet where they can dodge any question they'd like? They'll NEVER admit that Trump did bad things. At best, you'll get "whataboutHillary?"

It's so childish. It's like they think they'll get cooties for acknowledging that a politician lies, and that they don't like being lied to.
Show me a politician that does not lie. That would be truly remarkable.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Agree. The thing is, that doesn't make it ok.

Ask 6ft about "you can keep your doctor". He's still mad about that. He should be. I get it.

But when Trump lies, he doesn't care, or have an interest in holding him accountable for lying.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm Agree. The thing is, that doesn't make it ok.

Ask 6ft about "you can keep your doctor". He's still mad about that. He should be. I get it.

But when Trump lies, he doesn't care, or have an interest in holding him accountable for lying.
I'm am not sure Trump understand the truth from a lie. It all just comes out of his mouth and 5 minutes later he he doesn't know what he said anyways. He reminds me of some of the pathalogically lying salespeople that work for our company. They will say anything or do anything they have to to move product. When you call them on it... I NEVER SAID THAT! :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It's because most people are doing well right now...we have been programmed by marketing that we feel good when we have "things" and enough of them to keep us (pre)occupied along with a more discretionary savings account as compared to years past. Our memories are short and our selfishness is vast.

Said a different way....people do not really give a crap about Trump, so long as their lives are comfortable. Almost like how the liberal democrats have treated most, if not all, large inner cities.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm It's because most people are doing well right now...we have been programmed by marketing that we feel good when we have "things" and enough of them to keep us (pre)occupied along with a more discretionary savings account as compared to years past. Our memories are short and our selfishness is vast.

Said a different way....people do not really give a dump about Trump, so long as their lives are comfortable. Almost like how the liberal democrats have treated most, if not all, large inner cities.
How would you define most people and what is your measure of doing well?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:48 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm Agree. The thing is, that doesn't make it ok.

I'm am not sure Trump understand the truth from a lie. It all just comes out of his mouth and 5 minutes later he he doesn't know what he said anyways. He reminds me of some of the pathalogically lying salespeople that work for our company. They will say anything or do anything they have to to move product. When you call them on it... I NEVER SAID THAT! :roll:
It's certainly a fair question as to whether he knows he's lying or not. Most serial liars and con men do actually know, but quite a few feel no empathy with those deceived. There's indeed something 'pathological' about that. That seems to be more likely than truly clueless.

But if truly clueless, the 25th is the appropriate remedy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 pm How would you define most people and what is your measure of doing well?
Most people = Working, feeling an accomplishment of some contribution to society.
Doing Well = Waking up each day feeling optimistic that I can contribute, do my part, help others, and feed my family because I labored for it. In no particular order.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

Show me a politician that does not lie. That would be truly remarkable.
Come on C&S. We all know that Trump is outrageously far away from normal/typical.

When it comes to lying, Trump is Babe Ruth. The greatest of all time by a YUGE margin. And he's getting worse. He's now up to an average of 20 lies per day in public. As compared to Trump, all other politicians (D or R) are playing in the Little League of lying.

A good case can be made, though, that Trump really shouldn't be thought of as a liar. Hillary and Bill are classic liars -- they are very careful and cautious when lying. They work to keep their lies under wraps or keep their lies/stories straight. Since they know that lying is bad.

In contrast, Trump is better thought of as a classic bull shirt artist. He literally doesn't care if what he says is true or not. He doesn't bother to try to track his inaccuracies to keep his story straight. He doesn't even bother to try to hide that he's lying constantly -- he revels in telling spectacular lies that are easily proven to be such. He will literally say anything in the moment that seems advantageous to him. His tells so many lies that his lies are always conflicting with his other lies.

If you want to understand Trump, pick up a copy of the classic treatment of this subject -- On Bullshirt by Prof Frankfurt of Princeton:

"Bullshirt and the related concept of humbug are distinct from lying. Bullshirters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshirt need not be untrue at all."

"Rather, bullshirters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant. Although bullshirt can take many innocent forms, excessive indulgence in it can eventually undermine the practitioner's capacity to tell the truth in a way that lying does not. Liars at least acknowledge that it matters what is true. By virtue of this, bullshirt is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are."

It isn't lies, right? Just alternative facts! How telling that Trump says his apartment in Trump Tower is on the 68th floor. FYI, Trump Tower is 58 stories high.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:58 pm How would you define most people and what is your measure of doing well?
Most people = Working, feeling an accomplishment of some contribution to society.
Doing Well = Waking up each day feeling optimistic that I can contribute, do my part, help others, and feed my family because I labored for it. In no particular order.
But most people didn't feel that way in 2015 and 2016?
That was your implication, right?
Typical Lax Dad

Most usually comes with a numerical reference point that is at least 50.1% of the whole. Not sure you defined it but I will assume that is what you mean by most. It would be hard to argue that most employees feel fat dumb and happy when 40% are one missed paycheck away from poverty.

https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Millio ... 94811.html
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

But hey, that's cool, he wasn't indicted.
But then again, Mueller made clear that he couldn't indict a sitting President, but that Trump could be indicted once he left office. Went out of his way to make that point.
Trump was the only one shielded from indictment. There was supposed to be a conspiracy. It takes more than one person to form a conspiracy. No co-conspirators were indicted. All the rest is chaff & white noise.

Mueller was referring to obstruction, after Trump leaves office.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:18 pm
But most people didn't feel that way in 2015 and 2016?
That was your implication, right?
I do not believe the same feeling was had pre 2016. We were still shutting the doors of the recession and people were still hesitant/leery or the recovery.

Was that my implication? No! I was stating "my sense/pulse" for the common man this go around for 2020. I believe they feel we set the dead bolt on the last recession and its in our rear-view mirror. Which is why I speculate...read that again before you claim I read it on FOX as fact, I speculate, that talks of another recession is looming, just bring about fear. Sure we can bicker about when another is recession is coming, but it is so political playbook to strike fear/reservation in the voter.

Which is why I asked wahoomurf yesterday for specifics on issues he believes the dems should be talking about....currently the only thing on the table is free stuff.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Long...this is how a large chunk of American workers are doing.....

You would be surprised by the number of people that go to a soup kitchen or food pantry before they head out for an 8 hour shift at work.....
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 pm
Most usually comes with a numerical reference point that is at least 50.1% of the whole. Not sure you defined it but I will assume that is what you mean by most. It would be hard to argue that most employees feel fat dumb and happy when 40% are one missed paycheck away from poverty.

Fair point. Curious what that 40% number has looked like over the past decade? I would have guessed that number was higher.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:46 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Fair point. Curious what that 40% number has looked like over the past decade? I would have guessed that number was higher.

it is only getting worse.... as long as the ruling class keep people who have to get up and go to work everyday fighting, it won't get better...they will continue to rake off the top.... Labor Unions are awful, just ask the NBAPA, NFLPA and MLBPA..... the millionaires clubs.......

https://www.policylink.org/data-in-acti ... rking-poor

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

I like my opinion to be informed by numbers or facts.

Here is a good chart:

Average hourly earnings for non-management private-sector workers in July were $22.65, up 3 cents from June and 2.7% above the average wage from a year earlier, according to data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s in line with average wage growth over the past five years: Year-over-year growth has mostly ranged between 2% and 3% since the beginning of 2013. But in the years just before the 2007-08 financial collapse, average hourly earnings often increased by around 4% year-over-year. And during the high-inflation years of the 1970s and early 1980s, average wages commonly jumped 7%, 8% or even 9% year-over-year.

After adjusting for inflation, however, today’s average hourly wage has just about the same purchasing power it did in 1978, following a long slide in the 1980s and early 1990s and bumpy, inconsistent growth since then. In fact, in real terms average hourly earnings peaked more than 45 years ago: The $4.03-an-hour rate recorded in January 1973 had the same purchasing power that $23.68 would today.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”