The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
HooDat

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by HooDat »

it is pathetic ... and "we" keep electing these buffoons. :oops:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
CU88

Post by CU88 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:28 am
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:36 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm There is significant anti-China sentiment in Congress & the public.

Now's the time to crank up the news on China's fentanyl production,
& launch a buy anything but made in China PR campaign.
Right. And stop selling the markets!...we're playing right into their filthy commie hands. Wouldn't the trade war on China be a great place to start unifying the country?
So now that you two realize that the Chinese aren't budging (gee, who could have seen that coming?), your new plan is to crank up the American propaganda machine....take all the hate that is bouncing around in the Trump era, and direct it toward China?

Start a real Cold War with China, and once again, do it without one single US ally in tow? That's your advice?
So basically what a fan is saying is, the theft of our IP and innovations is okie dokie by him, or dead Americans due to Chinese fentanyl flooding our shores is just swell. Just look the other way cause we can't rock the status quo trade boat!...despite China's despicable acts. Not to mention their expanding military exploits. I want to puke...

Some of us see this as a war worth fighting, not only because it's the right thing to do, but for the future wellness of ours and the world economy in the name of national security.

Hate to tell you this Mr. Instant Gratification, but this isn't over yet, even though you conceded the day it started :oops:

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/opinion/ ... -one-looks

Looks like o d blinked, so much for a war worth fighting...

US delays tariffs on some Chinese goods, drops others

https://apnews.com/d194588d8cc849289b2afc098b695dee

r's have such a well thought out plan, pathetic brain trust running(ruining) our country!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Trinity wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:19 pm Where are the Tea Party Patriots? Paul Ryan said these tax cuts would pay for themselves.

Tomorrow 9AM on @msnbc
“I would like to extend an invitation to: fiscal hawks, trickle down economic enthusiasts & those who argued the tax cuts would pay for themselves.
I am hoping that someone that falls into any of the above categories can explain the 27% INCREASE.” Stephanie Ruhle — MSNBC anchor who knows this stuff.
Where's Larry Kudlow and his dumbassery? Where are all the posters who said a sustained 4% GDP growth made sense to them? Where are all the posters who said that cutting taxes would pay for themselves?

Hiding. Can't admit that they were wrong, like a bunch of children.

THIS is why I say to anyone who says "how are we going to pay for the Green New Deal?": you can F right off. F you, AND your fake math, that you only trot out when libs propose policies.
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:56 am US delays tariffs on some Chinese goods, drops others

https://apnews.com/d194588d8cc849289b2afc098b695dee

r's have such a well thought out plan, pathetic brain trust running(ruining) our country!
Oh, they'll cave any day now. What's that you say? It's an election season in America?

Oh, that doesn't matter. The Chinese negotiators are so stupid that they can barely find their way to work. There's no way that they know that Trump is up for reelection. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NYT article reviews Trump's effort to bring jobs to the US. Results very mixed, with job growth doing better the last two Obama years than the first two Trump years.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU77

Post by CU77 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:27 pmjob growth doing better the last two Obama years than the first two Trump years.
That's unpossible! The Trump economy is the greatest ever!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Things are just looking all shiny and great in China.

Hmmm. Seem to remember saying something about how a trade war with China could easily turn into a Cold War that we are wholly unprepared for?

Naaaaah. Un-possible.

Reports of Chinese Troops massing near Hong Kong border.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/hong ... index.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

How long does it take to make a great batch of Bourbon? Pro-tip afan...speed kills. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:21 pm Things are just looking all shiny and great in China.

Hmmm. Seem to remember saying something about how a trade war with China could easily turn into a Cold War that we are wholly unprepared for?

Naaaaah. Un-possible.

Reports of Chinese Troops massing near Hong Kong border.

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/hong ... index.html
question - do you think the events on Hong Kong are related to our trade disputes?

a fan

Post by a fan »

No. Not at all. Or at least not in any way I can see.

My point is: when you study history, how often do major historical turning points happen because of one single thing?

It's ALWAYS a string of things, often unrelated, and the perfect mixture of several events make things go Boom.

The fact that no one here, and no one in our leadership has even considered, let alone planned for, a Cold War with China freaks me out.

Plan for the worst. Hope for the best. I like tech37's optimism, for example. I think it's great. And in the end, I'm sure we'll wind up just fine as a nation in the end.

But this optimism ignores all the casualties along the way. We've had billions in damage, and counting. Real people. Real businesses. Real losses.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm How long does it take to make a great batch of Bourbon? Pro-tip afan...speed kills. ;)
Point taken. But I still need money to keep the lights on while that 10 yo Bourbon, filled with Orange Marmalade notes and stone fruit aromas, matures. ;)
CU88

Post by CU88 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:58 pm How long does it take to make a great batch of Bourbon? Pro-tip afan...speed kills. ;)
Do you think that o d is going to "out wait" China?
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Can any of the r's here explain to me why we stopped the Tarrifs if China was paying them?

Trump delays some China tariffs to limit impact on holiday shopping.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html

Seems that this action is a reversal to all of the winning and tarrif "money making" o d was doing for his base???

I expect CRICKETS from the DEPLORABLES...
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s War on Chinese Christmas has been suspended.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:51 pm
Do you think that o d is going to "out wait" China?
China is about to fold any day now.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's have the ultra-low interest rates they want. US 30-year bond falls to lowest interest rate in American history, lower even than during Great Recession

U.S. 30-Year Yield Falls to Record Low and Curve Warns of Recession

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ve-inverts
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 pm The bulk of the posters are rightish or center. Don't think we have any on the far right.

Brookie, DocB, and Runrussellrun are the only lefties. Am I missing anyone?

Disslaxxic is, imho, center left.

And no, you're not all that much on the right. It's clear to me I'm to the right of you on many issues. ;)
well, actually we do have two trolls on the very hard right.
It's speculated that it's one guy operating under two aliases now instead of just the original one.

And we have several cats who are all in Trumpists, though its difficult to call them actually right or left as their allegiance seems more to the person (and his supposed policies) than anything conservative or liberal. That said, far more likely to cite right wing sources, use language common on the hard right these days.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

How soon until the r's blame HRC for the Recession?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/bus ... n-worries/

Explainer: Countdown to recession - What an inverted yield curve means

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1V320S
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:04 pm The fact that no one here, and no one in our leadership has even considered, let alone planned for, a Cold War with China freaks me out.

Plan for the worst. Hope for the best. I like tech37's optimism, for example. I think it's great. And in the end, I'm sure we'll wind up just fine as a nation in the end.

But this optimism ignores all the casualties along the way. We've had billions in damage, and counting. Real people. Real businesses. Real losses.
I guess I have assumed that our government has not only been planning for a cold war with China since Nixon's time, but we have actually been waging a very, VERY, low level cold war with them since if not the 70's then since the berlin wall fell. That goes for all "R" and "D" presidents.

Return to “POLITICS”