Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ABV 8.3%

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Wheels wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:14 pm Sal vs Doc.

Discuss.
Sal, without a doubt. Played his worse lacrosse during his 4X AA years in college, it was all uphill from there. No one, beside the awesome Billy "chest protectors.....we don't need no stinkin chest protectors" Beroza, comes close playing better and better after college. 3x world team USA goalie=12 years. plus college, that is 16 years of awesomeness. Doc was incredibly hot, for a short period of time. Like Yasmine Bleeth or , in this case a Mikey Rourke type.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Discuss.
I shall wait to hear from MD :D

Larry Quinn ;)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:25 pm

Discuss.
Sal, without a doubt. Played his worse lacrosse during his 4X AA years in college, it was all uphill from there. No one, beside the awesome Billy "chest protectors.....we don't need no stinkin chest protectors" Beroza, comes close playing better and better after college. 3x world team USA goalie=12 years. plus college, that is 16 years of awesomeness. Doc was incredibly hot, for a short period of time. Like Yasmine Bleeth or , in this case a Mikey Rourke type.
Yasmine Bleeth! Well played ABV, that is one fine out of the box analogy.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Discuss.
Honestly, I've only ever seen highlights of Sal. I saw Doc play many, many, many times. He's the best I've ever seen play the college game.

I also don't know if I've ever seen anyone enjoy college more than Doc. Bentley's has never been the same.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

pcowlax wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Discuss.
Yasmine Bleeth was a phenomenal call!!!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Discuss.
Wow....forgot about her. Just looker her up.....sheesh, she really has gone thru drug addiction hell.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Discuss.
Wow....forgot about her. Just looker her up.....sheesh, she really has gone thru drug addiction hell.
Phoebe Cates has held up better....a college friend got a piece one summer.
“I wish you would!”
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

I was at the 1985 NCAA final in Providence. After giving up three 1st period goals and one third period goal to Syracuse, LQ allowed 0 for the rest of the game making some of the most amazing saves of all time. He was the game and tournament MVP. He was asked "in your wildest dream did you think you would hold Syracuse to four goals?" He replied "in my wildest dream I shut them out."
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Drcthru wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 pm I was at the 1985 NCAA final in Providence. After giving up three 1st period goals and one third period goal to Syracuse, LQ allowed 0 for the rest of the game making some of the most amazing saves of all time. He was the game and tournament MVP. He was asked "in your wildest dream did you think you would hold Syracuse to four goals?" He replied "in my wildest dream I shut them out."
Thats the thing about trees in the forest, no one see's Sal make saves way way way up in Amherst. One game maketh the best ever? Look, myself and mostly many many others, have had a dozen or so, phenominal, unbelievable lacrosse plays, spanning a lifetime of playing instead of 4 years. Or, in Quinns case, 2. Does that make us all "the best" ? Not even close. I paid to be on the team in college, but still outhustled most. Got to know the trainers and scorekeepers really well. Bought the furthest thing from full.

LQ is a solid goalie, no doubt. Best ever though. ? Can think of a dozen others that are better, including DOC.

Didn't another guy from Baltimore win a championship, having a decent game, making some awesome throws every once in a while. I forget his name, Ravens qb. What is him name .......right on the tip of my head......
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Drcthru wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 pm I was at the 1985 NCAA final in Providence. After giving up three 1st period goals and one third period goal to Syracuse, LQ allowed 0 for the rest of the game making some of the most amazing saves of all time. He was the game and tournament MVP. He was asked "in your wildest dream did you think you would hold Syracuse to four goals?" He replied "in my wildest dream I shut them out."
Great quote and great post!

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
DMac

Post by DMac »

Was at that game, Cuse's 3rd goal came from a long pole btb shot delivered by Opie. Classic Cuse fast break, took a TO straight to the cage. Pretty sure Opie passed the ball upfield and followed the play and took a pass in front of the cage and put it in. I thought the game was over at that point despite its being early in the game. Thought Cuse had really grabbed the mo and was going to bury Hop. They then went the next 48 minutes without scoring and Hop destroyed 'em.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

LQ was a solid goalie no doubt ??? :D :D

1st team AA each year he started

NCAA POY each year he started

Tourney MVP each year he started.

NCAA title his two years starting

Tewaarton Legend Award 2018

He didn’t start his first two years because although he was the best goalie on the team coach didn’t believe he could sit a returning AA goalie.

I don’t believe any other goalie can make that kind of claim
Slim

Post by Slim »

LQ = Simply. The. Best.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Wheels wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Discuss.
Honestly, I've only ever seen highlights of Sal. I saw Doc play many, many, many times. He's the best I've ever seen play the college game.

I also don't know if I've ever seen anyone enjoy college more than Doc. Bentley's has never been the same.
If the thunder don't get you......than the lightning will???? ;)
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

OCanada wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:38 am LQ was a solid goalie no doubt ??? :D :D

1st team AA each year he started

NCAA POY each year he started

Tourney MVP each year he started.

NCAA title his two years starting

Tewaarton Legend Award 2018

He didn’t start his first two years because although he was the best goalie on the team coach didn’t believe he could sit a returning AA goalie.

I don’t believe any other goalie can make that kind of claim
What's that say about the small pool of players, or for that matter, the small pool of good lax colleges in the early 80's. In other words, we have All-World goalies, todays era, that never get a sniff of even a honorable mention. let alone first team AA. Dillon Ward Got 3rd team his senior year, nothing prior. If this was 1983, without utube/online video, he most likely would have gotten no accolades.

Hopkins had a 3 year run of finals bridesmaidsism during this time frame, no. :D hmmmmmmmmm ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

None of that germane to the issue. Hop also played in 7 straight title games. I saw LQ play. I am guessing you never did or are just playing a role. Hmmm. But let me know when you find another goalie who was first team every year he played. Won POY every year he played, was MVP in the tourney every year he played and has a Teeaarton a legend award to go with it.

Gary Gait played right after he did. Petro played about the same he did. Urso played before he did. Wheat and chaff
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:09 am
Wheels wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Discuss.

If the thunder don't get you......than the lightning will???? ;)
Well, maybe if he had just tried a little bit harder, maybe if he had just tried a little bit more. 😏
laxitydoda

Post by laxitydoda »

Jacksonville posted this years transfers yesterday:

https://judolphins.com/news/2019/8/12/m ... oster.aspx
cltlax

Post by cltlax »

laxitydoda wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:19 am Jacksonville posted this years transfers yesterday:

https://judolphins.com/news/2019/8/12/m ... oster.aspx
Do they really only have one incoming freshman?
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

I'm sure JU has some freshmen. I think article just pointed out JU got 5 kids not coming in from HS. Navy Prep was lumped in with colleges.

DU has 1 grad transfer coming in. Charlie Demuth, a D-middie from Dickenson.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”