CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 pm “It’s not that Presidents don’t act this way, it’s that human beings don’t act as his way.” —Jeff Toobin, CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/politics ... index.html
Joe Biden has a racist senior advisor on his staff.....he is cooked. https://www.instagram.com/p/B063nEPHK7N/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:44 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:36 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:31 pm Stop it, Salty.
The subject isn't funny.

The rhetoric in the manifesto mimics Trump's.
The target was Hispanics invading Texas.
In the town Trump had falsely claimed was crime ridden due to the "illegals".

These jerks think that Trump is a racist, right there with them.
Of course, some think he's not racist enough for their taste!

But none of it is funny.
You stop it.
The El Paso shooter specifically said in his manifesto that he was not inspired by Trump,
so you would not be able to do exactly what you (& the Dems & the MSM) are doing.
He just plagiarized his speeches ....... :roll: :roll:
From the El Paso shooter's manifesto, from a link in my previous post ?
"My ideology has not changed for several years," Crusius wrote. "My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. I [am] putting this here because some people will blame the President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump's rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that."

That was the only time Trump appeared in the manifesto, and it appears clear that Crusius borrowed his "fake news" characterization of the news media from the president. But that is not what Trump's critics have charged. They have charged that Trump inspired Crusius to kill. They have charged it so often in the last few days that it has hardened into a general perception that Crusius was inspired by the president. But read the manifesto. It's just not there.
Thanks for sticking up for him. Trumps words actually discouraged him. He just plagiarized Trump’s speeches. Stupid Deplorable. He was worried about immigration while sitting in his 11th grade Algebra class.
He uses the same phrases, same target for anger and hate, then drives 9+ hours to go kill a bunch of Hispanic invaders in the town that Trump said was being overrun by an invasion of illegal immigrants, rapists and gang members. ...but he doesn't want anyone to blame Trump!

This guy is fully conscious of what he's doing and why...and he knows darn well what the connection is to Trump's hateful rhetoric.

But yeah, obviously these twisted, evil, ideologically driven men aren't doing this at the direct direction of Trump.

Nor is he their sole 'inspiration' that's for darn sure.

But it's also not a coincidence.

So, please stop with the defense of Trump and his rhetoric and how it's being interpreted by these twisted minds.
This real and it's serious.
But Trump's doubling down. Bet on it.

But more importantly, it's not a joking matter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:36 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 pm “It’s not that Presidents don’t act this way, it’s that human beings don’t act as his way.” —Jeff Toobin, CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/politics ... index.html
Joe Biden has a racist senior advisor on his staff.....he is cooked. https://www.instagram.com/p/B063nEPHK7N/
Not sure what you are talking about, youth.
You saying that Symone Sanders is 'racist', based on that cut off angry response?
No context, no followup and she's the problem???

To be fair, I think her insistence that racism can only expressed when bigotry plus power meet is a bit misguided. I do think one can be 'racist' despite being from a minority and/or lacking power in a given society. It's at least theoretically possible, IMO.

Where I'd draw the line is if one think's one's own race is inherently superior to the other. It's theoretically possible to believe that being in a minority or without power...it's just pretty darn rare to find that degree of bigotry. But it can happen.

We're all bigoted to some degree based on our upbringing and our experiences. We can struggle to recognize and overcome that bigotry, seek out experiences which help us see differently, but it requires effort. Some folks don't bother to make that effort, as they think they are inherently superior to the other race, so it's not possible to see differently...That's indeed 'racist'. And when people are in positions of relative power, you bet it's racist.

But certainly folks of all stripes can say 'bigoted' things about others, demonstrating one's prejudices.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 pm
The subject isn't funny.

But none of it is funny.
You stop it.
The El Paso shooter specifically said in his manifesto that he was not inspired by Trump,
so you would not be able to do exactly what you (& the Dems & the MSM) are doing.
"My ideology has not changed for several years," Crusius wrote. "My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign for president. I [am] putting this here because some people will blame the President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump's rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that."

That was the only time Trump appeared in the manifesto, and it appears clear that Crusius borrowed his "fake news" characterization of the news media from the president. But that is not what Trump's critics have charged. They have charged that Trump inspired Crusius to kill. They have charged it so often in the last few days that it has hardened into a general perception that Crusius was inspired by the president. But read the manifesto. It's just not there.
Thanks for sticking up for him. Trumps words actually discouraged him. He just plagiarized Trump’s speeches. Stupid Deplorable. He was worried about immigration while sitting in his 11th grade Algebra class.
He uses the same phrases, same target for anger and hate, then drives 9+ hours to go kill a bunch of Hispanic invaders in the town that Trump said was being overrun by an invasion of illegal immigrants, rapists and gang members. ...but he doesn't want anyone to blame Trump!

This guy is fully conscious of what he's doing and why...and he knows darn well what the connection is to Trump's hateful rhetoric.

But yeah, obviously these twisted, evil, ideologically driven men aren't doing this at the direct direction of Trump.

So, please stop with the defense of Trump and his rhetoric and how it's being interpreted by these twisted minds.

Why don't you withold judgement on Trump's influence until the FBI investigates. They have access to his manifest, internet traffic, friends, family, acquainances, & the shooter himself. We'll learn more as his case is adjudicated.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:37 pm

It is called progressive activism, a vibrant supporter of the left....then tries to throw you off the trail by showing allegiance to the very party/person they despise and want to do damage towards. Lemma guess, you are going to call me some kind of name to deflect, probably a racist, since that is the democrat 50 cent word of the month. :roll:

LOL. Tea Baggers and other delusionals of the far right called Obama a racist and Nazi. Remember the pics I posted in the old forum? Nobody plays the race cards more than those pundits.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Holy crap.... this has gotten out of hand. And I am speaking completely neutral here, the ink has not even dried on everything being russia this and russia that, now the entire shift is racism and white supremacy. The narrative is being perpetuated by the media beyond peril.

Listen to this ex assistant FBI director. The interesting thing that stood out was when Brian Williams questioned him about Trump and reading verbatim from the teleprompter....he then throws out a bunch of innuendo. Maybe the FBI is fighting back?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:14 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:37 pm

It is called progressive activism, a vibrant supporter of the left....then tries to throw you off the trail by showing allegiance to the very party/person they despise and want to do damage towards. Lemma guess, you are going to call me some kind of name to deflect, probably a racist, since that is the democrat 50 cent word of the month. :roll:

LOL. Tea Baggers and other delusionals of the far right called Obama a racist and Nazi. Remember the pics I posted in the old forum? Nobody plays the race cards more than those pundits.
Everyone knows the Obama's are racists. Here is a good example. These two set race relations back 100 years. Trump is trying to pull the country together...didn't you hear what Diamond and Silk said?

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Brooklyn wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:51 pm
hooligan88 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 pm

LMAO, they won and continue to win every day!! You guys live in your own dream world!!!

Ha! Trump may have "won" but the USA lost. Hopefully, he will not bring on Armageddon.

BTW, what ever happened to all the health care coverage, infrastructural re-building, and end to the nation's debt that he promised?
".....shovel ready......." Ha ha ah ha haa ahhhhal ssssoooooooo FUNNY. Banksters got their welfare check, you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O55aRrvXtio
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Trinity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:52 pm Trump’s grievance tour yesterday was a debacle, according to WH staff—campaign videos notwithstanding. None of the eight wounded in El Paso would meet Trump, though the orphaned baby was brought back. He bragged about his crowd size and showed an absence of empathy, according to hospital staff. Protesters chanted, “Send him back.”
He’ll give himself an A.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... with-trump
You should be busy working to put someone else in the White House.....I am.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:43 am
Trinity wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:52 pm Trump’s grievance tour yesterday was a debacle, according to WH staff—campaign videos notwithstanding. None of the eight wounded in El Paso would meet Trump, though the orphaned baby was brought back. He bragged about his crowd size and showed an absence of empathy, according to hospital staff. Protesters chanted, “Send him back.”
He’ll give himself an A.

"I'm Totin' for Tuls!"
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 am
He’ll give himself an A.

"I'm Totin' for Tuls!"
Tulsi's campaign isn't organized enough. Any billionaire anti-war?

The fact that she partnered with "Act Blue" for her data base/donations, like every other DEM, was idiotic.
Typical Lax Dad

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:44 am
He’ll give himself an A.

"I'm Totin' for Tuls!"
Tulsi's campaign isn't organized enough. Any billionaire anti-war?

The fact that she partnered with "Act Blue" for her data base/donations, like every other DEM, was idiotic.
Too bad.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:37 am

Everyone knows the Obama's are racists. Here is a good example. These two set race relations back 100 years. Trump is trying to pull the country together...didn't you hear what Diamond and Silk said?

Sure they are racist - that is why so many whites voted for them. ⸮

As for Diamond and Silk, nah, haven't wasted, uh, spent any time listening to them.
Last edited by Brooklyn on Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:40 am

".....shovel ready......." Ha ha ah ha haa ahhhhal ssssoooooooo FUNNY. Banksters got their welfare check, you?

Not a cent, unlike those welfare queens. But I'll happily settle for a UBI check, instead. :D

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 pm
The subject isn't funny.

But none of it is funny.
You stop it.

Why don't you withold judgement on Trump's influence until the FBI investigates. They have access to his manifest, internet traffic, friends, family, acquainances, & the shooter himself. We'll learn more as his case is adjudicated.
Nah, I've listened plenty to Trump himself. And I've read plenty from those who are avowed white supremacists who support him, certainly believe that he supports their views.

And it's plenty clear from the manifesto who the targets were, using the same language that Trump uses.

It's not rocket science.

But again, Trump is not guilty of ordering violence, he's just grossly negligent and complicit in his encouragement of these views that can lead to violence.

He encourages hatred and fear. Of 'the Other''. In this case, Hispanic immigrants.

We're well past wondering about whether Trump is actually racist and we're well past wondering whether his encouragement of racist views can lead to violence.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

maybe I haven't listened to Trump enough, but I don't see all the things you claim to see.

The most popular example of Trump equivocating on racism (Charlottesville) has been debunked. The next most racist thing I have seen him do is his Cinco de Mayo tweet about Trump Tower's taco bowls......

I see Trump as one of a long line pf presidents willing to take advantage of racism to get elected - including Clinton (Super-Predators) and the elder Bush (Willie Horton).

Thank goodness times have changed, but if you could take a measure of a man's VIEWS and internal feelings, I am curious how the presidents since Kennedy would fare... Some did great works, some used pretty words, many if not most would have lost their minds if their daughter showed up with a black man on her wedding day.

In terms of actions - Trump's track record with regard to the black community is shaping up pretty well.

Hispanic CITIZENS seem to be faring pretty well under his administration as well. But here he has shown a willingness to tug at fears when attempting to garner support for border security. That is most certainly his sleaze factor coming through. But with that said, wanting to control borders does not make you a racist. There are plenty of people who are not racist who want better controls on our borders. Many Hispanics I know in Texas are adamant about border security and everyone playing by the same rules that they had to follow to get into the country. Are they racist?

Trump is a boor. Trump is uncouth. Trump is an impulsive jerk. Trump is a fat narcissistic piece of garbage. He has the impulse control of a three-year old. Trump will rationalize anything to get what he wants. I am guessing he will cheat to the fullest extent possible. It is very clear to me that he has some very complicated issues with regard to how he sees women: on the one hand he has put many in positions of trust and power, and on the other he obviously seems some women as nothing more than an object to be grabbed by the you-know-what.

I personally can't stand the guy.

But that doesn't make it clear to me that he is a racist, let alone the most racist president in my lifetime.

And if the Dems plan to run on the platform of "Trump is a racist and you are too if you vote for him", they are going to have deja vu all over again come 2020....
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

mental illness - as a society we need to come up with a better way to deal with it.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Who's looking into this El Faker charactter mentioned in article ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HooDat wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm
mental illness - as a society we need to come up with a better way to deal with it.
you're like the smarter, handsomer and better lacrosse playing older brother that I never had.......................
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”