CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:45 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:39 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:24 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:56 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:49 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:30 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:21 pm
foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 pm Patriot Front Manifesto

"Those of foreign birth may occupy civil status within the lands occupied by the state, and they may even be dutiful citizens, yet they may not be American. Membership within the American nation is inherited through blood, not ink. Even those born in America may yet be foreign. Nationhood cannot be bestowed upon those who are not of the founding stock of our people, and those who do not share the common spirit that permeates our greater civilization, and the European diaspora."

Marine Veteran Trains White Supremacists in Military Tactics

"A leader of an emerging white-supremacist group is a Marine veteran who uses his military experience to train other extremist recruits in military tactics"
Which domestic mass killers have received this form of training ? Ask and answered
Do you think the FBI might be watching these guys ?They are supposed to...why did DOPUS cut funding for this?
You told us -- "There most certainly are" . "American Experience" Ruby Ridge Watch and learn...let me know ." White Supremacist terrorist training camps, safe havens, conflict zones or caliphate destinations." You are quoting yourself...we were talking WS and you added all the other dump.

I asked you to inform us where. - As I said, which you just can't seem to grasp...I don't know.
Which mass killers you are referring to who are alums. I never said that...you drew that line all on your own
Do you have examples, or do you just assume they're all future mass killers in training ?Try and not act like this...or at the least, just pull your head out of the sand
The barrel has no bottom....
Which mass killer got training, running around in the woods, shooting guns (your words), at Ruby Ridge, or anywhere elae. ?Never said that
Who slipped through the cracks because of funding cuts ?Are you really asking that? Does that logic apply to DoD funding?
JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

White supremacists are playing war games in the woods. FACT. Are you really arguing this is NOT a fact?

White supremacist have engaged in domestic terrorism. FACT. Are you really arguing this is NOT a fact.

You drew the that line, not me.
Show us the link between those White supremacists playing war games in the woods & any of the mass shooters to date.
You're oversimplifying the challenge of identifying the threat, in advance.
Of course the FBI monitors them. They self-identify.
Before I answer any more of your down the rabbit hole questions, answer mine...
No to both of your questions. They are a fact. Thank you.
You are tilting at windmills, fulminating about white supremacists playing war games in the woods.Nope...just stating two facts.
The FBI, ATF, state & local law enforcement know about them & monitor them. They have been neutralized or contained.is that opinion or fact?
They are not the proximate threat that is producing the lone wolf mass killers we're trying to id in advance & prevent. How do you know that to be a fact?
Just by following the open source reporting about these mass shooters.
Which ones fit your profile of being part of organizations playing war games in the woods.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:55 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:48 am I'm not concerned about the Dem's 'identity politics' as I vastly prefer their positioning when it comes to 'identity' than the GOP's current positioning of fear and resentment of all 'Other'.
I prefer where the hearts of the dems are on identity politics, but not their actual actions. on average the GOP gives far less of a voice to the divisive members of their party - current fears about Trump aside. The GOP method has been more one of silent acceptance of support while doing little to actually help those who divide along tribal lines. The Dem power structure has much more of a track record of actively pursuing policy that seeks to divide along lines of "identity".
We agree on the heart aspect.
Painfully, as it was not always so clear. Sad that it is now.

But, no, the very worst that the GOP could come up with on this dimension was actually elected. With an enormous bull horn, spewing daily.

And those who had stood up to him have died or been drummed out of office by the hard right elements of the party. Or have totally capitulated, and now defend him.

Where I think you are correct about the Dems 'along lines of "identity"' is that they have indeed put forward, and enacted at times, various policies aimed at addressing various forms of discrimination on the basis of 'identity'. Their politicians have campaigned that they would do so.

Not so sure I actually have a problem with that. Where I do have an issue is that too often those policies were mere 'feel good in the moment' policies, rather than effective, lasting solutions.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:42 pm

"Those of foreign birth may occupy civil status within the lands occupied by the state, and they may even be dutiful citizens, yet they may not be American. Membership within the American nation is inherited through blood, not ink. Even those born in America may yet be foreign. Nationhood cannot be bestowed upon those who are not of the founding stock of our people, and those who do not share the common spirit that permeates our greater civilization, and the European diaspora."

"A leader of an emerging white-supremacist group is a Marine veteran who uses his military experience to train other extremist recruits in military tactics"
Which domestic mass killers have received this form of training ? Ask and answered
Do you think the FBI might be watching these guys ?They are supposed to...why did DOPUS cut funding for this?
You told us -- "There most certainly are" . "American Experience" Ruby Ridge Watch and learn...let me know ." White Supremacist terrorist training camps, safe havens, conflict zones or caliphate destinations." You are quoting yourself...we were talking WS and you added all the other dump.

I asked you to inform us where. - As I said, which you just can't seem to grasp...I don't know.
Which mass killers you are referring to who are alums. I never said that...you drew that line all on your own
Do you have examples, or do you just assume they're all future mass killers in training ?Try and not act like this...or at the least, just pull your head out of the sand
Which mass killer got training, running around in the woods, shooting guns (your words), at Ruby Ridge, or anywhere elae. ?Never said that
Who slipped through the cracks because of funding cuts ?Are you really asking that? Does that logic apply to DoD funding?
JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

White supremacists are playing war games in the woods. FACT. Are you really arguing this is NOT a fact?

White supremacist have engaged in domestic terrorism. FACT. Are you really arguing this is NOT a fact.

Show us the link between those White supremacists playing war games in the woods & any of the mass shooters to date.
No to both of your questions. They are a fact.
You are tilting at windmills, fulminating about white supremacists playing war games in the woods.
The FBI, ATF, state & local law enforcement know about them & monitor them. They have been neutralized or contained.
They are not the proximate threat that is producing the lone wolf mass killers we're trying to id in advance & prevent.
Is called being radicalized on the Internet or does that only apply to radical Islamic terrorist?
That's my point. They're both being radicalized by online communities.
The wannabe Jihadis have destinations where they can go to join the fight & "brothers" waiting for them, if they choose that route.
The WS wannabe terrorists have no such destination, or organization to join, so they just stop at a WalMart.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:51 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

You are tilting at windmills, fulminating about white supremacists playing war games in the woods.Nope...just stating two facts.
The FBI, ATF, state & local law enforcement know about them & monitor them. They have been neutralized or contained.is that opinion or fact?
They are not the proximate threat that is producing the lone wolf mass killers we're trying to id in advance & prevent. How do you know that to be a fact?
Just by following the open source reporting about these mass shooters.So based on what we know...how about what we don't know?
Which ones fit your profile of being part of organizations playing war games in the woods.Potentially, a lot of them.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:01 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

Just by following the open source reporting about these mass shooters.So based on what we know...how about what we don't know?
Which ones fit your profile of being part of organizations playing war games in the woods.Potentially, a lot of them.
You provide no examples, just assumptions. There is reporting on each of these shooters & what the investigations of them yield.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

Which ones fit your profile of being part of organizations playing war games in the woods.
You guys are talking past one another.
foreverlax was never saying (actually I may have said it first) that shutting down anti-gov't, white nationalist gun and explosive 'training' camps in the woods or anywhere else was necessarily going to stop the mass shooters. At least not directly.

Salty, you're creating that straw man...point made. Maybe not the same nut jobs as those who've bubbled out of the muck recently. But when they're training for combat in a 'race war', they are undoubtedly part of the ideological underbelly feeding these mass shooters' zeitgeist. Shut'em down...of course, as I pointed out, that's problematic when we get Ruby Ridge sorts of situations.

But it's a heck of a lot more than a 'training camp' issue. Any jerk can do massive destruction with an assault rifle in a matter of mere moments. "Training" can be done at any local gun range, no 'woods' needed.

The issue is that these networks of ideological haters are revving each other up online. They don't need to meet in the woods.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:06 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

foreverlax was never saying (actually I may have said it first) that shutting down anti-gov't, white nationalist gun and explosive 'training' camps in the woods or anywhere else was necessarily going to stop the mass shooters. At least not directly.

Salty, you're creating that straw man...point made. Maybe not the same nut jobs as those who've bubbled out of the muck recently. But when they're training for combat in a 'race war', they are undoubtedly part of the ideological underbelly feeding these mass shooters' zeitgeist. Shut'em down...of course, as I pointed out, that's problematic when we get Ruby Ridge sorts of situations.

But it's a heck of a lot more than a 'training camp' issue. Any jerk can do massive destruction with an assault rifle in a matter of mere moments. "Training" can be done at any local gun range, no 'woods' needed.

The issue is that these networks of ideological haters are revving each other up online. They don't need to meet in the woods.
That's what I've been saying all along. The whole white supremacist militia, training in the woods, canard is a diversion from the actual threat that has emerged.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Exactly!!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

By Old Salt's logic, Trump is a bigger threat than these white separatist groups because it has been documented that he has inspired shooters, whereas we have not documented the fact that any of these groups represent an ideology that triggered a mass shooter..... FBI wasting their time..... He ain't that dumb or stupid.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:58 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

You are tilting at windmills, fulminating about white supremacists playing war games in the woods.
The FBI, ATF, state & local law enforcement know about them & monitor them. They have been neutralized or contained.
They are not the proximate threat that is producing the lone wolf mass killers we're trying to id in advance & prevent.
Is called being radicalized on the Internet or does that only apply to radical Islamic terrorist?
The wannabe Jihadis have destinations where they can go to join the fight & "brothers" waiting for them, if they choose that route.
The WS wannabe terrorists have no such destination, or organization to join, so they just stop at a WalMart.
You mean they don't have any place to go...overseas.
Actually the Australian who attacked the mosque in NZ did travel overseas...but that's a digression.

These haters find other haters online, plenty of 'brothers' in arms. And they do have orgs they can join, there's a massive proliferation of such over the past decade, especially the last 3 years. And, yes, they do gather in groups at times, ala Charlottesville. And an awful lot of those 'good people' in Charlottesville chanting "blood and soil" etc looked like your local frat boys, not old school tatted Aryan Nation types.

This garbage has gone main line over the last few years, major resurgence.
old salt

Post by old salt »

TLD -- show us which mass shooters Trump inspired.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:10 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

That's what I've been saying all along. The whole white supremacist militia, training in the woods, canard is a diversion from the actual threat that has emerged.
Of course, but it was your straw man, not foreverlax's argument in the first place.

Which doesn't mean that it doesn't make sense to track, and ultimately shut down, any organized group of these a-holes practicing, encouraging violence.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

Actually the Australian who attacked the mosque in NZ did travel overseas...but that's a digression.

These haters find other haters online, plenty of 'brothers' in arms. And they do have orgs they can join, there's a massive proliferation of such over the past decade, especially the last 3 years. And, yes, they do gather in groups at times, ala Charlottesville. And an awful lot of those 'good people' in Charlottesville chanting "blood and soil" etc looked like your local frat boys, not old school tatted Aryan Nation types.

Nope, Old Salt needs to see a receipt for air fare or a train ticket receipt or a toll booth photo..... otherwise, you can't blame it on group's preaching hate....
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm TLD -- show us which mass shooters Trump inspired.
sheesh, really?
This week.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:13 pm TLD -- show us which mass shooters Trump inspired.
Tell me who he did not inspire....and of course a bomber ain't a shooter..... thank goodness nobody was killed... Dump deplorable.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:15 pm
sheesh, really?
This week.
Specifics plz -- from their manifesto or online traffic.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:14 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm

JFC...you don't give up.

My point,

Nope, Old Salt needs to see a receipt for air fare or a train ticket receipt or a toll booth photo..... otherwise, you can't blame it on group's preaching hate....
You can send the ATF chasing gun nuts through the woods to your hearts content,
but that won't get the losers holed up in their mom's basement.
Last edited by old salt on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:19 pm Image
Mass shooter ? body count ?

Return to “POLITICS”