CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
hooligan88

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by hooligan88 »

Nope
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:39 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:50 pm Donald Trump is a bigot, racist, and white supremacist. There can be no serious dispute about that.

Those who continue to support Donald Trump are supporting a bigot, racist, and white supremacist. That is indisputable.

Not sure how his MAGA supporters live with themselves, but it has become clear that many support Trump BECAUSE of his bigotry, racism, and white supremacist views and policies, not despite them.

And this doesn’t even cover Trump’s other obvious flaws ... his corruption, dishonesty, history of sexual assault of women, misogyny, incompetence, ignorance, narcissism, and complete lack of empathy.

Trump is arguably the worst president in the last century (and if not for scumbags like Andrew Johnson, the worst ever). The Republican Party inflicted great damage to our nation by putting him in the White House, and it will likely take a full generation to undo the harm.

DocBarrister :roll:
Donald Trump is the last gasp of Republican racism and white supremacy in presidential politics, just as former Gov. Pete Wilson was the last gasp of Republican racism and white supremacy in California.

Never thought highly of the Bush clan, but they were (are) right about one thing ... the future of the Republican Party in America depends heavily on the GOP’s ability to attract support from the Latino community.

Instead, the Republican Party turned to a racist, bigoted white supremacist. Take a look at California to see the Republican Party’s future in presidential politics. The GOP has won the popular vote in presidential elections just once in the last seven elections, and not once in the past 15 years.

Both Georgia and Texas will be merely “lean Republican” states in 2020. By 2024, both will be full swing states. By 2028, Texas will probably be “lean Democrat”. Once Texas turns Blue, like Virginia, it’s game over.

Heck, Democrats even won the House last year despite heavily Gerrymandered districts all over the country.

Fact is, the racists and white supremacists reacted badly to the first African American president. We saw the vitriol from many in our own online community. By electing Trump to spite the Democratic Party—the party of diversity and enlightenment—the Republicans have sabotaged their own future. Happened in California ... will soon happen in Texas and the nation.

DocBarrister 8-)
couple of thoughts on this:

1) Bush was right, and I have been saying the same thing for decades - the GOP killed itself 20 years ago when it decided to stake out ground that was at best indifferent, and at times hostile toward the Latino community. A Venn diagram of Latino and conservative platforms is almost a perfect overlap (church, family, small business, hard work). Instead, the party blinked in the face of the racists wings of its party. If the GOP had courted the Latino vote it would dominate.

1b) - it's not too late for the GOP to win the Latino vote. But it will be ugly, because now it will be based on three issues: (i) right to life, (ii) standing firm on not supporting the LGBQT community, and (iii) support of small business. Those issues are the wedges that will fracture the Latino voting block, with the third the least important.

2) The more the dems throw around accusations of racism, the more you will assure the re-election of Trump. Mark my words - if the Dems hit the national campaign trail with a message of Trump is a racist - they might not even win the popular vote.

3) What you say about Texas has a lot of truth to it. Much of it hinges on the Latino vote discussed above, but the great migration from California is another factor. Californians are pouring into Texas in unbelievable numbers. They get here wanting to change things to mimic what they ran away from, but the open question remains - will they "California" Texas, or will Texas "Texas" them? If Texas goes "Blue" the GOP is toast.

While the GOP has lost its way, a country that is dominated by the Dems and their identity politics scares the crap out of me
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 am
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:50 pm Donald Trump is a bigot, racist, and white supremacist. There can be no serious dispute about that.

Those who continue to support Donald Trump are supporting a bigot, racist, and white supremacist. That is indisputable.

Not sure how his MAGA supporters live with themselves, but it has become clear that many support Trump BECAUSE of his bigotry, racism, and white supremacist views and policies, not despite them.

And this doesn’t even cover Trump’s other obvious flaws ... his corruption, dishonesty, history of sexual assault of women, misogyny, incompetence, ignorance, narcissism, and complete lack of empathy.

Trump is arguably the worst president in the last century (and if not for scumbags like Andrew Johnson, the worst ever). The Republican Party inflicted great damage to our nation by putting him in the White House, and it will likely take a full generation to undo the harm.

Donald Trump is the last gasp of Republican racism and white supremacy in presidential politics, just as former Gov. Pete Wilson was the last gasp of Republican racism and white supremacy in California.

Never thought highly of the Bush clan, but they were (are) right about one thing ... the future of the Republican Party in America depends heavily on the GOP’s ability to attract support from the Latino community.

Instead, the Republican Party turned to a racist, bigoted white supremacist. Take a look at California to see the Republican Party’s future in presidential politics. The GOP has won the popular vote in presidential elections just once in the last seven elections, and not once in the past 15 years.

Both Georgia and Texas will be merely “lean Republican” states in 2020. By 2024, both will be full swing states. By 2028, Texas will probably be “lean Democrat”. Once Texas turns Blue, like Virginia, it’s game over.

Heck, Democrats even won the House last year despite heavily Gerrymandered districts all over the country.

Fact is, the racists and white supremacists reacted badly to the first African American president. We saw the vitriol from many in our own online community. By electing Trump to spite the Democratic Party—the party of diversity and enlightenment—the Republicans have sabotaged their own future. Happened in California ... will soon happen in Texas and the nation.

DocBarrister 8-)

1) Bush was right, and I have been saying the same thing for decades - the GOP killed itself 20 years ago when it decided to stake out ground that was at best indifferent, and at times hostile toward the Latino community. A Venn diagram of Latino and conservative platforms is almost a perfect overlap (church, family, small business, hard work). Instead, the party blinked in the face of the racists wings of its party. If the GOP had courted the Latino vote it would dominate.

1b) - it's not too late for the GOP to win the Latino vote. But it will be ugly, because now it will be based on three issues: (i) right to life, (ii) standing firm on not supporting the LGBQT community, and (iii) support of small business. Those issues are the wedges that will fracture the Latino voting block, with the third the least important.

2) The more the dems throw around accusations of racism, the more you will assure the re-election of Trump. Mark my words - if the Dems hit the national campaign trail with a message of Trump is a racist - they might not even win the popular vote.

3) What you say about Texas has a lot of truth to it. Much of it hinges on the Latino vote discussed above, but the great migration from California is another factor. Californians are pouring into Texas in unbelievable numbers. They get here wanting to change things to mimic what they ran away from, but the open question remains - will they "California" Texas, or will Texas "Texas" them? If Texas goes "Blue" the GOP is toast.

While the GOP has lost its way, a country that is dominated by the Dems and their identity politics scares the dump out of me

I have my doubts that Latinos are going to feel that they should fight gainst LGBQT rights and support the "terrorizing" of these folks given their recent experience. Those chosen to be "others" more frequently become more tolerant after the experience - history shows.

I think Trump is the high water mark (in this era) for the white supremacists/nationalist. Doesn't mean they vanish, but as long as we (the majority) remain watchful they should not become a more serious problem. This current outbreak has been in the making within the republican party for 50 years. They will raise their ugly heads again, they are like cockroaches, you can't ever get ride of them entirely.

Note: I think we have also seen the high water mark (in this era) for "identity politics". This is a game both parties have played. The current republican party is and has been nothing but identity politics and grievance for years- that is how the white supremacists/nationalist drove the party to where it is. You fight identity politics with identity politics - equal and opposite reaction.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister 8-)

Yup, and the RNC was real clear about that too...in just 2013. But, hoo boy, did the GOP make a wrong turn with Trump.

Interesting. Yes, there's a piece of the Latino community which may stick with supporting Trump, for those lessons. And, yes, that will be 'ugly' for the GOP again with suburban women. But I think what we're beginning to see in the Latino community is a real awakening to the racism directed at them. That's quite likely going to galvanize the turnout of the 2/3+ of Latinos which already support the Dems, and going to discourage turnout amongst those who would otherwise support the GOP.

I'd like to understand why you think that will be the case. A solid majority of Americans do believe that Trump's rhetoric is racist, and indeed he keeps doubling down. The disgust is only growing. It's become pretty darn undeniable that he, himself, has long been a racist, with no sign of 'learning' in the interim.

That said, I suspect the other anti-Trump theme would be corruption. Him, his family, his cronies, his appointees. so much to work with there!

Of course, they'll try to also offer policy ideas, but that's where I think they get in trouble with the majority of Americans as they try to capture the hard core base that's going to most likely drive the primary votes. The 'lose your private insurance' theme will hurt them, unless the winning candidate didn't go there or at least made it clear that there would be a long transition and options along the way.

Yes, the Californians will contribute to Texas turning blue. But isn't the overwhelming factor the number of younger voters coming of age in Texas, the vast majority of whom are of color, primarily Latino? Big, big cohort entering voting, and the motivating factors to be politically engaged in the 2020 election all point to higher than usual turnout for that age group.

While the GOP has lost its way, a country that is dominated by the Dems and their identity politics scares the dump out of me
I'm not concerned about the Dem's 'identity politics' as I vastly prefer their positioning when it comes to 'identity' than the GOP's current positioning of fear and resentment of all 'Other'.

But I do worry about a hard pendulum swing leftward on economic policies, and, given the Trumpian authoritarian posture, a willingness to be authoritarian as well, just leftward.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:48 am I'm not concerned about the Dem's 'identity politics' as I vastly prefer their positioning when it comes to 'identity' than the GOP's current positioning of fear and resentment of all 'Other'.
I prefer where the hearts of the dems are on identity politics, but not their actual actions. on average the GOP gives far less of a voice to the divisive members of their party - current fears about Trump aside. The GOP method has been more one of silent acceptance of support while doing little to actually help those who divide along tribal lines. The Dem power structure has much more of a track record of actively pursuing policy that seeks to divide along lines of "identity".

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am

DocBarrister 8-)

I have my doubts that Latinos are going to feel that they should fight gainst LGBQT rights and support the "terrorizing" of these folks given their recent experience. Those chosen to be "others" more frequently become more tolerant after the experience - history shows.

I think Trump is the high water mark (in this era) for the white supremacists/nationalist. Doesn't mean they vanish, but as long as we (the majority) remain watchful they should not become a more serious problem. This current outbreak has been in the making within the republican party for 50 years. They will raise their ugly heads again, they are like cockroaches, you can't ever get ride of them entirely.
But only if Trump loses, right?

The more soundly he is whupped, the more likely the GOP re-thinks their tacit acceptance of the hard right racists.

My concern would be that he wins, and unleashes greater and greater division, anger, resentment, and downright hate.

Or, alternatively, that he loses and the GOP goes into a further defensive crouch with just their hard right, racist base. "Victims"

Imagine Trump TV, spewing the very, very worst of the 'Fox' message, without the Shep Smith's to provide any balance at all.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am I have my doubts that Latinos are going to feel that they should fight gainst LGBQT rights and support the "terrorizing" of these folks given their recent experience. Those chosen to be "others" more frequently become more tolerant after the experience - history shows.
You need to think more subtly. This lever would be pulled within the churches. No one is stupid enough to run a campaign that says "let's terrorize gay people". The message would be delivered on the lines of family values, and the Catholic teachings. It is a tangential platform to the Pro-Life message - which is where the GOP could win over large parts of the Latino vote, if they would stop holding their noses when they talk to them.... Not saying it will happen - but that is why the Dems were scared of Rubio, and one of the reasons the party elders liked Jeb! (obviously in addition to his family name).

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

I don't think the leftward swing is anything more than a realization that we have some serious economic problems facing us and they will get worse. Those pushing solutions today (AOC, Sanders, others) only see a small part of the problem, a piece. Capitalism and free market economics as currently envisioned and practiced don't have the answer to those problems. We are at a point where our worldview has to change - it doesn't have to be painful (overall) but it could be. We aren't going to solve these problems and that will be painful, by continuing to do what we have been doing.

The government is currently ignoring the country's (world's) real problems -- too many people, too few jobs (as currently defined); over concentration of wealth. Fortunately I think smart people (outside the government) are starting to understand the nature and the magnitude of the problem. As a problem it is similar to an "economic" climate change in my opinion.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 pm I don't think the leftward swing is anything more than a realization that we have some serious economic problems facing us and they will get worse. Those pushing solutions today (AOC, Sanders, others) only see a small part of the problem, a piece. Capitalism and free market economics as currently envisioned and practiced don't have the answer to those problems. We are at a point where our worldview has to change - it doesn't have to be painful (overall) but it could be. We aren't going to solve these problems and that will be painful, by continuing to do what we have been doing.

The government is currently ignoring the country's (world's) real problems -- too many people, too few jobs (as currently defined); over concentration of wealth. Fortunately I think smart people (outside the government) are starting to understand the nature and the magnitude of the problem. As a problem it is similar to an "economic" climate change in my opinion.

... and it makes you wonder, how soon before Trump starts a foreign war in order to divert attention from his and his party's many failings.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 am I have my doubts that Latinos are going to feel that they should fight gainst LGBQT rights and support the "terrorizing" of these folks given their recent experience. Those chosen to be "others" more frequently become more tolerant after the experience - history shows.
You need to think more subtly. This lever would be pulled within the churches. No one is stupid enough to run a campaign that says "let's terrorize gay people". The message would be delivered on the lines of family values, and the Catholic teachings. It is a tangential platform to the Pro-Life message - which is where the GOP could win over large parts of the Latino vote, if they would stop holding their noses when they talk to them.... Not saying it will happen - but that is why the Dems were scared of Rubio, and one of the reasons the party elders liked Jeb! (obviously in addition to his family name).

The abortion issue definitely is a better sale to the Latino community. Been saying for years the dems by supporting Latinos and their aspirations could be slitting their own throats on the abortion issue. But the dems have a wider party than the republicans and this is not really new to them. Some issues are more important than others to the dems as a whole.

Still skeptical on the LGBQT issue. Frankly I am also skeptical that after the current battle, white supremacy for lack of a shorter descriptor, that the Latino community is going to immediately want to join the charge, any more than they already have, up the abortion hill.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:40 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:25 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:03 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:36 pm What does it prove?
You here to defend McVeigh also? I can’t tell.
Not at all, asking your for an answer to the question?
It proves that everyone with PTDS don't blow up buildings or do you disagree?
Thanks for the reply. No I do not disagree,
Not you......Last week a guy was making excuses for a liar, this week a mass murderer / terrorists....for two years defending a guy with no morals, no honor or integrity. Man how the mighty have fallen. It's pathetic.
Right. Citing evidence that McVeigh, along with other combat vet shooters, likely had PTSD, is making excuses for them. .:roll:.
...as oppposed to looking at it as something to consider when trying to figure out why these guys went off the rails, to prevent it in the future.
Why did Chris Kyle get murdered by a vet he was trying to help ?
Stop. It’s sad enough. Plenty of people with PTSD worthy of defending. McVeigh ain’t one of them.
Stop lying about my position. I'm not defending McVeigh or any of the other combat vet shooters.
You started this whole stupid argument when I pointed out that none of the domestic terrorists (so far) attended terrorist training camps.
You don't know how or why he did what he did.

Terrorist Training Camps...what does that mean?

There are plenty of these folks hiding in the hills playing war...FBI knows that. Director Wray said White Supremacy is an issue - Tucker's bow tie has cut of the flow of facts to his alt-right brain.
Which mass killers had been " folks hiding in the hills playing war " ? Which ones ? Tell us the names.
The FBI investigates these mass killings, don't they ?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 pm
Not you......Last week a guy was making excuses for a liar, this week a mass murderer / terrorists....for two years defending a guy with no morals, no honor or integrity. Man how the mighty have fallen. It's pathetic.
Right. Citing evidence that McVeigh, along with other combat vet shooters, likely had PTSD, is making excuses for them. .:roll:.
...as oppposed to looking at it as something to consider when trying to figure out why these guys went off the rails, to prevent it in the future.
Stop. It’s sad enough. Plenty of people with PTSD worthy of defending. McVeigh ain’t one of them.
Stop lying about my position. I'm not defending McVeigh or any of the other combat vet shooters.
You started this whole stupid argument when I pointed out that none of the domestic terrorists (so far) attended terrorist training camps.

There are plenty of these folks hiding in the hills playing war...FBI knows that. Director Wray said White Supremacy is an issue - Tucker's bow tie has cut of the flow of facts to his alt-right brain.
Which mass killers had been " folks hiding in the hills playing war " ? Which ones ? Tell us the names.
Which of the Jihadist that committed acts here were in the desert playing war versus being inspired / influenced by them on line...... :roll:
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:27 pm I don't think the leftward swing is anything more than a realization that we have some serious economic problems facing us and they will get worse. Those pushing solutions today (AOC, Sanders, others) only see a small part of the problem, a piece. Capitalism and free market economics as currently envisioned and practiced don't have the answer to those problems. We are at a point where our worldview has to change - it doesn't have to be painful (overall) but it could be. We aren't going to solve these problems and that will be painful, by continuing to do what we have been doing.

AOC....solutions? :lol: SHe's has already been indoctrinated into the DNC club. You see her comments bashing her former COS? She's a good soldier :lol:

Is Bernie or AOC propsing repealing Bayh-Dole act? Limiting corporate welfare salaries for those that derive income from tax dollars ? AOC boycotting chinese suidical slave children produced products ? What solutions?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
old salt

Post by old salt »

HooDat wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:03 pm
Will Jeb be too old in '24 ? Is George P as fluent in Spanish as his dad ?
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Terrorist Training Camps...what does that mean? Asking again, how do you define this?

Which mass killers had been " folks hiding in the hills playing war " ? Did I say that was the case? No. Which ones ? Tell us the names. Ask the FBI
I only state what I know as fact, when it's fact.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Which of the Jihadist that committed acts here were in the desert playing war versus being inspired / influenced by them on line...... :roll:
No more than the number of "folks hiding in the hills playing war games" became white supremacist mass killers.
That's a canard that's bandied about with no data to substantiate it.

We don't let the returning jihadis back in the US. The EU can't keep them all out.
That's my point. It's not that easy to id the potential lone wolf mass killers.

They're not out in the woods in militia groups, shooting their guns.
They're in their mom's basement, getting radicalized & inspired online, playing video games & watching porn,
...frustrated that they're losers & not getting the real thing.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/def ... 281%29.pdf

In the basement watching youtube of the clowns playing First Blood......that's different.....
“I wish you would!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Patriot Front Manifesto

"Those of foreign birth may occupy civil status within the lands occupied by the state, and they may even be dutiful citizens, yet they may not be American. Membership within the American nation is inherited through blood, not ink. Even those born in America may yet be foreign. Nationhood cannot be bestowed upon those who are not of the founding stock of our people, and those who do not share the common spirit that permeates our greater civilization, and the European diaspora."

Marine Veteran Trains White Supremacists in Military Tactics

"A leader of an emerging white-supremacist group is a Marine veteran who uses his military experience to train other extremist recruits in military tactics"
Typical Lax Dad

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 pm Patriot Front Manifesto

"Those of foreign birth may occupy civil status within the lands occupied by the state, and they may even be dutiful citizens, yet they may not be American. Membership within the American nation is inherited through blood, not ink. Even those born in America may yet be foreign. Nationhood cannot be bestowed upon those who are not of the founding stock of our people, and those who do not share the common spirit that permeates our greater civilization, and the European diaspora."

Marine Veteran Trains White Supremacists in Military Tactics

"A leader of an emerging white-supremacist group is a Marine veteran who uses his military experience to train other extremist recruits in military tactics"
That is different.....those guys are just blowin' off steam.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:02 am
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:07 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:59 pm You may be overstating McCarthy's views on Islam. He clearly distinguishes between moderate Islam & Sharia Supremacy.
He distinguishes personal Sharia observance from Sharia Supremacy, ...it's inherent in the wording.
He also distinguishes it from White Supremacy more than he equates them.

His " needle in the haystack " analogy is entirely apt. There is no established global organization which all White Supremacists have in common. There are no White Supremacist churches.Social media has change the dynamic...they don't need a club house. You're making my point. That makes the potential lone wolf harder to locate, identify & monitor.
Nor are there White Supremacist terrorist training camps, safe havens, conflict zones or caliphate destinations. There most certainly are.Where ? ...how many of their alums are mass shooters ?

Given the scope of the potential lone wolf population, it makes automated internet surveillance a necessity, even more so than countering the threat of Islamic terrorism. The good news is -- we have the ability to do it, both inside & outside the govt. The challenge is in passing the laws to do it constitutionally, then implementing it in good faith, with credible oversight.And there is the final can of worms
Ask the FBI...not my area of expertise.
You told us -- "There most certainly are" ..." White Supremacist terrorist training camps, safe havens, conflict zones or caliphate destinations."

I asked you to inform us where.
Which mass killers you are referring to who are alums.
Do you have examples, or do you just assume they're all future mass killers in training ?

Return to “POLITICS”