Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
stupefied

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by stupefied »

Saying that no one cared about Grill is quite silly . He's a top notch vet defender with credentials who would impact and help any program especially any top twenty in need. If his book was open to publicizing his visits, updating his lists then there would have been the same discussions here and in media. He decided to low key it and focus on his selection without including the the outside and I personally liked the way he handled it nothing more nothing less.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:32 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:21 pm Scanlon the best Freshman middie in the land?

This is based on what, exactly?

Take him on my team, but would take

Matt Grillo (providence) and TJ Malone (nitme lions), I would also take.

Timmy Ley (BU) managed to acquire SIX points to Scanlon's ONE when they played each other. And BU won the game. Ley also had a much better shooting percentage, way more GB's, less TO's and never had the chance to pad his stats like Scanlon did against middling teams like Hopkins. ;)
Timmy Ley is an attackman. But thanks for finally outing yourself as someone who doesn't actually watch the games.

I don't know who Matt Grillo is but Providence lists him as an attackman too.

Scanlan also had significantly more points than all of these people.
OK
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Scanlan is now on Cuse and Im rooting for him to succeed. He's a hybrid and operated much from spots that many attackman do. reason why official conversion to attack for Cuse should be rather seamless. Think 8 of his goals were from lower right post in man ups and he did benefit from playing with Spencer as Ley did with Gray . Scanlan has excellent hands , deceiving and accurate placements and a well rounded blend of skills. Fair to say that Handley and he were two of the better freshman mids and Ley and Grillo were two very good frosh att
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

I cared about the Grill from Marquette to Maryland transfer. I was hoping he would go to Denver who could have used an experienced defenseman.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

stupefied wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:36 pm Saying that no one cared about Grill is quite silly . He's a top notch vet defender with credentials who would impact and help any program especially any top twenty in need. If his book was open to publicizing his visits, updating his lists then there would have been the same discussions here and in media. He decided to low key it and focus on his selection without including the the outside and I personally liked the way he handled it nothing more nothing less.
Hey, he's a Hopkins fan......they don't value defense, unless it's papa smurf . Wait, Grill actually is, except he'll be beating the snot out of Epstein arms, turning him into a smurf too. :D Or, Petro/Dwan won't play anyone close to their height?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:21 pm Scanlon the best Freshman middie in the land?

Timmy Ley (BU) managed to acquire SIX points to Scanlon's ONE when they played each other. And BU won the game. Ley also had a much better shooting percentage, way more GB's, less TO's and never had the chance to pad his stats like Scanlon did against middling teams like Hopkins. ;)
Timmy Ley is an attackman. But thanks for finally outing yourself as someone who doesn't actually watch the games.

So, it's just about points? Unless its someone playing in an inferior league/conference. Pretty damn good freshman Deleware middie, eh?
Somehow, I would be shocked if you said a freshman middie from Canibus , CLeveland St or VMI, that had 52 pts, was the BEST in Div. I.
I thought Max Tuttle was last season . Who? exactly
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:13 pm

So, it's just about points? Unless its someone playing in an inferior league/conference. Pretty damn good freshman Deleware middie, eh?
Somehow, I would be shocked if you said a freshman middie from Canibus , CLeveland St or VMI, that had 52 pts, was the BEST in Div. I.
Did they draw the pole? Just asking. I don’t know.....Sam Handley was pretty good.
“I wish you would!”
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

This shouldn’t really be much of a debate. Handley and Scanlon were the best freshman mids, at least focusing on offensive mids, last year and if I had to pick between two gems I would take Handley. References to others who are actually attack men aren’t bringing much to the table.
Typical Lax Dad

pcowlax wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:51 pm This shouldn’t really be much of a debate. Handley and Scanlon were the best freshman mids, at least focusing on offensive mids, last year and if I had to pick between two gems I would take Handley. References to others who are actually attack men aren’t bringing much to the table.
Handley was a handful.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Didn’t everyone mostly claim scanlon was an attack masked as a middie due to personnel? Someone made the point that a number of goals came down low and from overtime while having a senior legendary player at attack. Seems like the arguments aren’t aligned in what the cohort should be for comparison.

But I don’t think Grill or Ley are any better than my homeboy at bart, Jason Knox. Putting his name out there. Anyone who cars beyond their team will hear this name going forward more than daryl veltman or Alex love out of geneva
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

To avoid any confusion, Grill is the sr defenseman who is transferring to Maryland, Grillo is the frosh attackman at Providence.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

stupefied wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:41 pm To avoid any confusion, Grill is the sr defenseman who is transferring to Maryland, Grillo is the frosh attackman at Providence.
Needed and appreciated. And neither is a better middie than Scanlon or Handley. Scanlon did invert some and may have been an attack disguised as a middle but a middie he was for the whole season. If a LSM is the best LSM in the country but is only playing it because a team is stacked at close it doesn’t negate him being the best LSM. Scanlon may well move to attack, he will be a stud wherever he plays. Handley is phenomenal, and saying I’ll take him over Scanlon is saying I’ll take, to my eye, a 99 over a 98, no disrespect at all to a great player.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Did they draw the pole? Just asking. I don’t know.....Sam Handley was pretty good.
True.

Did Scanlon draw the pole when they played Hopkins and the riverdance defense? exactly. (6 goals )
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:11 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:48 pm

True.

Did Scanlon draw the pole when they played Hopkins and the riverdance defense? exactly. (6 goals )
Not sure about Scanlon versus Hopkins. Scanlon was good. Max Tuttle was very good too. That freshman at Hobart was good too. Glad someone mentioned him. He can play.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Team Canada's goalie played at Yale.....or Syracuse.......I forget. ;)
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:31 am Team Canada's goalie played at Yale.....or Syracuse.......I forget. ;)
Team Canada goalie in last two FIL World Lax Chips was Dillon Ward who had played for Bellarmine several years back. . He is top tier, plays in NLL and MLL . Cuse goalie Porter is from Canada, performed well in his first year as starter,will be a senior , believed similar amateur path as Ward in being Canada u19 goalie and gathering many HS accolades along the way
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

stupefied wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:31 am Team Canada's goalie played at Yale.....or Syracuse.......I forget. ;)
Team Canada goalie in last two FIL World Lax Chips was Dillon Ward who had played for Bellarmine several years back. . He is top tier, plays in NLL and MLL . Cuse goalie Porter is from Canada, performed well in his first year as starter,will be a senior , believed similar amateur path as Ward in being Canada u19 goalie and gathering many HS accolades along the way
Yes, thank you, I was being sardonic. Making the point that outstanding players attend other Div. I programs that aren't blue chip, card carrying laxmafia members.

Dom Starsia choose a 2nd team AA goalie as the best evah. Why only 2nd team? B/c he went to the ZOO instead of playing at homewood, where a lesser goalie got 1st team. No way Carc , shooting, lites up Sal the way he did Q.....no way.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am
stupefied wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44 am
Yes, thank you, I was being sardonic. Making the point that outstanding players attend other Div. I programs that aren't blue chip, card carrying laxmafia members.

Dom Starsia choose a 2nd team AA goalie as the best evah. Why only 2nd team? B/c he went to the ZOO instead of playing at homewood, where a lesser goalie got 1st team. No way Carc , shooting, lites up Sal the way he did Q.....no way.
Uncle Sal is the legend. Back when it has hard to know who the players where, everyone knew Sal.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

He didn’t select Larry Quinn who I would argue was the GOAT when it comes to goalie. I recognize his career was much shorter than Sal who I would otherwise select. He moved GG to attack to fit in an excellent middie but not one I would have selected as GOAT.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Sal vs Doc.

Discuss.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”