CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
hooligan88

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by hooligan88 »

More posts of hate. Those punk shooters are not white supremacists. looking at them you can tell. they would never pass the eyeball test. I spent 6 years monitoring "Hate" groups. And believe me this guy isn't one of them.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

hooligan88 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:44 am More posts of hate. Those punk shooters are not white supremacists. looking at them you can tell. they would never pass the eyeball test. I spent 6 years monitoring "Hate" groups. And believe me this guy isn't one of them.
Those fellers that marched on Charlottesville looked pretty normal too. I believe I saw one folding clothes at the Gap a few days before the rally.....
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

looking at them you can tell
It works for AA and Muslims...has to work for whitey. :o
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:36 am
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm The Sandy Point shooter was highly proficient. His mom took him to the range.
Yes. Sandy Hook. The mom was the first to catch one. A mutual friend’s daughter was killed and many friends had kids in the building. Guns don’t kill, people do. He was efficient swapping out magazines as quickly as C&S. That’s a fact?
Lanza should have been given the "Fredo" treatment on his 19th birthday.....or at least locked away forever.

Where is the pretend liberal support (bill/legislation ) for "housing" these uncurable dangers, undoing the evilness of reagans heartless cutting of funds to keep these types out of publics way ? What's that fattylax, we need a new $200 billion dollar POS aircraft carrier for six figure, also POS, planes like the f-35 to land on. (cue randy to defend )

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... r-deadline

Instead, leaders like Obama increased mandatory private prison bedcount payouts for illlegals. awesomer.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
The issue IMHO is you are letting an extremely small group, hyped by the media to become a martyr. It happens on both sides. If you look at the shooters they are not right in the head. If the media stops hyping the stories ad nauseam some of this cra$ might stop.

C&S - M-1 - we used to parade with those things and I do agree with you that you could create allot more damage. GG will disagree with this but a few of my friends with just a handgun could create based on data points far more damage in lives then a person spraying if that is the data point that is being used.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:08 am TLD,
The issue IMHO is you are letting an extremely small group, hyped by the media to become a martyr. It happens on both sides. If you look at the shooters they are not right in the head. If the media stops hyping the stories ad nauseam some of this cra$ might stop.

C&S - M-1 - we used to parade with those things and I do agree with you that you could create allot more damage. GG will disagree with this but a few of my friends with just a handgun could create based on data points far more damage in lives then a person spraying if that is the data point that is being used.
We have too many guns in this country and gun violence is off the charts. What, we have over 350 million guns in this country. Insane. That is a lot of protecting one's property. I don't favor a ban on all guns. There is something called reasonable. In Bermuda, a family is limited to one car per household. Seems reasonable. I don't have the right answer but I don't believe the right answer is more guns.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I don't get it. Alcohol... You need to be 21. Cars... learner's permit, 17, driver's test. Marijuana... Depends on state but... medical permission, 21. I dont agree with all of these but, at least, I understand the rationale. Then, Guns... IT'S OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT! I don't get it...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

There are americans killing "non-americans" for no other reason than the relevant american is mentally unstable and s/he an issue with "non-americans". Across the board, everyone should be railing against this but some, including our POTUS, for political reasons and otherwise, are biting their tongue. This is wrong. Across the board wrong. And to defend this behavior, in some ways, is even worse.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:35 am I don't get it. Alcohol... You need to be 21. Cars... learner's permit, 17, driver's test. Marijuana... Depends on state but... medical permission, 21. I dont agree with all of these but, at least, I understand the rationale. Then, Guns... IT'S OUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT! I don't get it...
You can’t book a hotel room or a car unless you are 21-22 for a room and older to rent a car.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Exactly. Yet a gun is relatively wide open because... What is the because? A rational because. I don't get it.
Caddy Day
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD,
That is your opinion but that is not the opinion of allot of people. Nary a word - except CNN - that a trauma hospital had to shut down in Chicago as they exceeded the max people for the unit. Guess how many of those people who I am sure are fine and upstanding citizens used a legal gun?

Matnum, most ranchers use multiple horses as they do get tired. Are we know going to make a law that a rancher can only use one horse? How about another law that the kid cannot ride the horse until he/she is 16 and must be certified by an approved govt agent and be issued a license to ride said horse. Do not forget the donkeys.

Most people are responsible gun owners - it is that certain percent of the population, like in most instances that creates the problems. The gun cannot shoot itself, unless dropped just right, its the knucklehead who can obtain a legal or illegal one that is responsible.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:17 am

We have too many guns in this country and gun violence is off the charts. What, we have over 350 million guns in this country. Insane. That is a lot of protecting one's property. I don't favor a ban on all guns. There is something called reasonable. In Bermuda, a family is limited to one car per household. Seems reasonable. I don't have the right answer but I don't believe the right answer is more guns.
BUt, you have ZERO problem selling more guns overseas ????

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... mp-vetoes/

It's hypocritical.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ ... vote=00233

13 US Senators had the flu and didn't vote........What the heck is wrong with us . SIx of em running for President. Should have put this on the TAATS thread, because not voting is essentially equal to voting no (on this bill,. A yes vote would have overridden tRumps veto. ) Lost all respect for Rand Paul, who joined the mostly Dems in NOT VOTING. Gabbard also did not vote in Congress, one of only a few. Very hypocritical of her to want to end the wars, but not vote in frenemies killing weapons sales.

If you can't vote, do the job you were elected to do. Sure, at the next debate, MSM will ask about all the candidates NOT VOTING connundrum.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:59 am TLD,
That is your opinion but that is not the opinion of allot of people. Nary a word - except CNN - that a trauma hospital had to shut down in Chicago as they exceeded the max people for the unit. Guess how many of those people who I am sure are fine and upstanding citizens used a legal gun?

Matnum, most ranchers use multiple horses as they do get tired. Are we know going to make a law that a rancher can only use one horse? How about another law that the kid cannot ride the horse until he/she is 16 and must be certified by an approved govt agent and be issued a license to ride said horse. Do not forget the donkeys.

Most people are responsible gun owners - it is that certain percent of the population, like in most instances that creates the problems. The gun cannot shoot itself, unless dropped just right, its the knucklehead who can obtain a legal or illegal one that is responsible.
https://everytownresearch.org/firearm-suicide/

A very very big problem for military and ex-military personnel. A cousin’s job is to study it. It is devastating and that is just a thin slice of society. It has an economic cost.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:00 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:17 am

BUt, you have ZERO problem selling more guns overseas ????

https://www.defensenews.com/congress/20 ... mp-vetoes/

It's hypocritical.
I am all for cutting down the M.I.C.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am There are americans killing "non-americans" for no other reason than the relevant american is mentally unstable and s/he an issue with "non-americans". Across the board, everyone should be railing against this but some, including our POTUS, for political reasons and otherwise, are biting their tongue. This is wrong. Across the board wrong. And to defend this behavior, in some ways, is even worse.
Is someone really defending this horrible act?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

LandM wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:59 amMatnum, most ranchers use multiple horses as they do get tired. Are we know going to make a law that a rancher can only use one horse? How about another law that the kid cannot ride the horse until he/she is 16 and must be certified by an approved govt agent and be issued a license to ride said horse. Do not forget the donkeys.

Agreed. And I'm not speaking to putting restrictions on horses no more than I am on bicycles or otherwise. Just pointing a finger at the reality that most people are responsible drivers, drinkers, etc., with cars, alcohol, etc., the few ruin it for the many and, as a consequence, we have restrictions, we have laws. Guns don't shoot themselves. But neither do cars drive themselves, whiskey drink itself, etc. And for all of the above, we have laws. Laws that make sense. My question is... Why are guns, especially as a literal weapon, different?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:47 pmis someone really defending this horrible act?
For sure. There are people who put "winning" over "doing the right thing" and, similar to Charlottesville, not openly and adamantly condemning whst happened in VA is wrong but... Gotta get the votes. When Trump was asked to condemn David Duke and white supremacists, to say he doesn't want their votes, his response was to say he doesn't know who either of them are. That kind of stuff is awful and justifying this behavior is, in some ways, worse than the behavior itself.
Caddy Day
old salt

Post by old salt »

The M-1's we paraded with (& I initially qual'ed on) were big & clunky, so they could be used as a club & spear/w bayonet.
The M-1 carbines were smaller, so they could be wielded by tankers & other vehicle borne troops in tight confines.
(you guys probably knew all that, but it's for readers who have no idea what we're talking about).

Like c&s, my dad brought back a M-1 carbine from WW-II. He was a radioman in the Army Air Corps, posted in AK (the Aleutians). He didn't see combat. He used it to keep the mess hall supplied in elk & reluctantly bagged a towering kodiak bear, in self defense. He used it for deer hunting at home. Like c&s, my brother still has it & uses it for fun. Dad "qualed" me with it, as a teenager, before I headed off to USNA, ...wished I still had it on the range for plebe simmer quals. It was more accurate that the worn out M-1's we qualed with.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

PResicely why the GI Bill was passed........lots of armed veterans who remembered the bonus army attacks on their own. a decade or so earlier.

White on white crime. Tell me about white privilege again. :roll:
hooligan88

Post by hooligan88 »

If people want to live in a country that bans guns, there are plenty to choose. This one was created with gun ownership built in. Its easy if you do not like guns. pack the bags folks.

Return to “POLITICS”