2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2020 Elections - A Reckoning

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 pm
blame the victim.......nice
No problem. My kids aren’t going on a high school field trip to make a political statement. They represent the school. Where were the adults.
what is it about trumping someones else's experiences? Other kids besides yours. The Covington kids marched in a political parade, remember?

I really wonder if you even know the topic being discussed.
The Covinton kids were marching in the wrong parade for the wrong cause.
If they had been parading with the elder spirit talker, they'd be heroes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:31 pm Where did I say outcomes don’t matter explicitly?
Your direct quote was "Outcomes don't prove anything.", and this was said in response to my point that there are better health outcomes in Europe.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:05 am If I did or my fat fingers typed that what I’m saying is it comes only matter if you consider all the costs. Many of which will come outside the system your talking about and you seem to be ignoring. The “cost” is much bigger than the price/service which you are describing. How much of those “cheaper” (imputes from your comments to be equal or better service though I understand that’s completely untrue in europe). I keep saying that it’s much more complex and when you dig in you'll find a lot of pricing transfer and other costs not included within those societies. It all needs to be accounted for. You keep posing the same thing that other countries do it fine but is that really true when fully and truthfully accounting for all the costs (like as it stands today these new scooters are environmentally inefficient as was the ethanol mandate by bush 2).
There are agreed to standards which are used to gauge health spending in each, together with stats on outcomes like infant mortality and life span. These numbers aren't perfect...none are. But when the US is spending twice as much as the next country, something's not right. Same goes for drugs. I'd hope you'd agree that we're getting taken for a ride on that account, no?
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:31 pmMany others before just saying “the government does it better”. (Maybe it does maybe it doesn’t but I gladly challenge that type of claim).
Have you not been to a State run hospital ever? I got care at the University of Michigan. World class, by any standard. The government does just fine.
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:31 pmWe also have to consider our subsidies and other structural features to o educational system, many of the countries have free or much more heavily subsidized education allowing doctors to be less focused on p&l overall. I don’t like the current system but no one has explained how we shoehorn this one piece of the overall system in and not have a massive hellhole of a butterfly effect on 70 other quality of life metrics in a negative manner.
Well, that's because you can't! Of course there will be waves in the pond from the pebble. No choice in the matter. So when you suggest that we be able to buy insurance across State lines, you understand there will be unforeseen consequences to this move, yes? It's unavoidable.

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:31 pmsocratic method means questioning the statements posited....
So again, more condescension? Ok.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

No problem. My kids aren’t going on a high school field trip to make a political statement. They represent the school. Where were the adults.
what is it about trumping someones else's experiences? Other kids besides yours. The Covington kids marched in a political parade, remember?

[/quote]

That stupid school made MAGA hats part of their event? That’s your claim? Dude don’t be obtuse. You don’t wear a MAGA hat when you are on a DC field trip unless you have a specific intent....go to the National portrait gallery and check out the MAGA hat kids posing in front of the Obama portraits...oh They forgot they where wearing those hats....that poor kid was a victim. Just standing around minding his business.... two were tangoing. Two wrongs don’t make a right. You ever hear that somewhere?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 am

That stupid school made MAGA hats part of their event? That’s your claim? Dude don’t be obtuse. You don’t wear a MAGA hat when you are on a DC field trip unless you have a specific intent....go to the National portrait gallery and check out the MAGA hat kids posing in front of the Obama portraits...oh They forgot they where wearing those hats....that poor kid was a victim. Just standing around minding his business.... two were tangoing. Two wrongs don’t make a right. You ever hear that somewhere?
[/quote]

for a guy the feigns indifference, you sure do seem to care a lot :lol: (details beyond the norm)

I am making tRump don't S.U.R. F. , but Tulsi does.......t-shirts. My Lincoln neighbors will be just as enraged , as if it were a maga hat.

I thought liberals hated war?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:53 am

for a guy the feigns indifference, you sure do seem to care a lot :lol: (details beyond the norm)

I am making tRump don't S.U.R. F. , but Tulsi does.......t-shirts. My Lincoln neighbors will be just as enraged , as if it were a maga hat.

I thought liberals hated war?
[/quote]

I have a good memory. My friends comment on it all the time. I remember things most of them have forgotten. Probably because I was not a big consumer of alcohol in college so I wasn’t foggy on weekends. Still a nerd. Btw, pick up some Jack’s Abbey on Sunday. I am a Pilsner / Lager guy. Oatis, My Man is excellent as is Sunny Ridge. Delicious.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RRR, you brought this up, not TLD.
You attempted to tell us the kid was a victim and an example of left-wingers attacking white kids.
Maybe out of some sort of knee-jerk TAATS impulse.

It's just that both knuckleheads were in the wrong. Not sure why you persist.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 am RRR, you brought this up, not TLD.
You attempted to tell us the kid was a victim and an example of left-wingers attacking white kids.

I brought up the media ignoring news that doesn't fit their narrative. (remember your charming whineNcheez comments )

Just curious, did Obama or Bush sell hats?

I doubt you have watched the entire sequence of events, or have the depth to see the Strillix/Marley video star approach a teenager.

This exercise will pretty much be a waste of time, but attempt away I will.

1. Is banging a drum, several inches away from the ears, healthy?

2. Is it a crime to wear a hat with an acronym on it.

3. Point to ONE news story where an Obama hat wearing person was punched in the face, spat on, refused service, etc.

If you won't engage and answer questions, why are you here on this website ?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:38 am

I brought up the media ignoring news that doesn't fit their narrative. (remember your charming whineNcheez comments )

I doubt you have watched the entire sequence of events, or have the depth to see the Strillix/Marley video star approach a teenager.

3. Point to ONE news story where an Obama hat wearing person was punched in the face, spat on, refused service, etc.

RRR, I don't need to follow your script to engage.

You whine about the MSM constantly. I get it.
Don't agree with it, but it's not as if you are 100% wrong all the time.

So, I'll address one aspect of your questions.
No other successful national campaign in my lifetime as so appealed to racism as did Trump, with MAGA quite obvious code for such racism.
There's simply no comparison of other 'hats' carrying such fraught meaning.

There's also never been such an openly misogynist in the White House. Nor such a flagrant, serial liar.

Fundamentally, Trump ran a campaign on demographic division, anger and resentment.
And he has run his Presidency in the same way.

Emotions run very high, and Trump likes it that way.

Which isn't to say that the old guy was 'in the right' either.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Amer ... utton.jpeg

Hi.....my name is Dori....have we met?

so sad.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:28 pm
We'd likely agree, and so would a fan I'd think, that of course it would be 'lazy' to simply overlay another country's system, verbatim, on the US and expect it to deliver identical outcomes. But that's not all what he's suggesting, at least if I read him correctly.
Once again, it took you zero effort to get my points.

The one thing I've learned of late, is that when a poster complains about another poster creating strawmen, misrepresenting someone's position, only thinking in black and white, not having any nuance, being condescending.....it means that they are moments away from doing the very thing they are accusing the other poster of doing.

I've seen this play out dozens of times over the last two years. It's not ironic anymore.
KA-FREAKIN-BOOM!!

Very very little is black and white....once you embrace grey, life is much easier!! :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:36 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Amer ... utton.jpeg

so sad.
A button is a hat, a hat is a button! Einhorn is Finkel.... Finkel is Einhorn!! I can't recall seeing people walking around in Reagan hats two years after the election.....

“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 am
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:36 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_Amer ... utton.jpeg

so sad.
A button is a hat, a hat is a button! Einhorn is Finkel.... Finkel is Einhorn!! I can't recall seeing people walking around in Reagan hats two years after the election.....

Joe Rogan is sophomoric Frat guy stuff.....but the video's you post aren't ??????? :lol: SNL is rarely funny. laughter soundtracks for a live show.....yawn.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

so sad.

Nor did Reagan run on such an explicitly racist and religiously bigoted set of themes, nor did he encourage violence among his supporters.

Reagan was no saint, as we’ve learned in more detail recently, and certainly the southern strategy had elements of racism embedded, but there’s really no comparison between the Reagan and Trump predominant themes. George Wallace, yes.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:23 am

so sad.

Joe Rogan is sophomoric Frat guy stuff.....but the video's you post aren't ??????? :lol: SNL is rarely funny. laughter soundtracks for a live show.....yawn.
You brought up Dori.... I recognize it when I see it. ;)
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:48 am

No other successful national campaign in my lifetime as so appealed to racism as did Trump, with MAGA quite obvious code for such racism.

There's also never been such an openly misogynist in the White House. Nor such a flagrant, serial liar.

Fundamentally, Trump ran a campaign on demographic division, anger and resentment.

For Trump supporters, MAGA means just what it says.
Look how it applies to the wide range of policies Trump ran on & governs by.
You just choose to interpret it through your narrow tinted lens, which sees everything as racist.

The Covington kids were participating in non-violent demonstrations in DC, like countless other groups.
They did not cause or invite the confrontation & handled it well when it happened.
The MSM got it wrong the first time, then had to eat their words when all the facts came out.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:48 am

For Trump supporters, MAGA means just what it says.
Look how it applies to the wide range of policies Trump ran on & governs by.
You just choose to interpret it through your narrow tinted lens, which sees everything as racist.

The Covington kids were participating in non-violent demonstrations in DC, like countless other groups.
They did not cause or invite the confrontation & handled it well when it happened.
The MSM got it wrong the first time, then had to eat their words when all the facts came out.
It’s good that the MSM got the story wrong and had to correct it. Our local schools take a trip to DC every year and my wife chaperones. Never has the school organized a trip to demonstrate anything. If Covington Catholic’s mission was to take those kids to DC for a political statement, those hayseeds are “stupider” than I thought. I can say it because I spent a year working in that S”hole town. :lol: :lol: the kid’s father should have planted a foot in that kid’s ass instead of making an excuse for him. The type of parent that files a suit when the kid gets cut from hs.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

It would have been better for all concerned had the MSM got it right the first time.
Do you say that same thing about all peaceful protesters who journey to DC ?
What if they were a HS group participating in the NA demonstration who confronted the MAGA hat kids.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 pm It would have been better for all concerned had the MSM got it right the first time.
What if they were a HS group participating in the NA demonstration who confronted the MAGA hat kids.
And the next day, Nathan Phillips protested at a religious service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_JePgeYzVE

yeah, it was the HIGH school kid :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:09 pm It would have been better for all concerned had the MSM got it right the first time.
I am talking about a school sponsored trip. I am sure those kids bought those hats on their own because no school administrator in their right mind would pass them out. Don’t know if schools passed out pink hats when the women were protesting. Someone can correct me as I could be wrong. Won’t be the first time and won’t be the last. I have no problem saying “I was wrong”.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:29 pm
And the next day, Nathan Phillips protested at a religious service

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_JePgeYzVE

yeah, it was the HIGH school kid :roll:
Nathan Phillips has a problem too.... Phillips seems nutty. Where were the adults.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”