The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Going to cave any minute now.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:29 pm
Rinse and repeat, almost 4 years to the date.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

They're not going to budge. 6%+ GDP. All kinds of levers to pull. No elections.

Sorry mate, your only hope is that Trump convinces them to agree to pointless concessions so Trump can his drooling minions that he "won" the Trade War.

China could easily----easily----do this. What does it tell you that they're unwilling to give Trump his phony victory?

BTW, everyone enjoying the new NAFTA boom yet? :roll: Groundbreaking trade agreement, right? Right.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:10 pm
We are a nation of gold fish memories.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:21 pm They're not going to budge. 6%+ GDP. All kinds of levers to pull. No elections.

Sorry mate, your only hope is that Trump convinces them to agree to pointless concessions so Trump can his drooling minions that he "won" the Trade War.

China could easily----easily----do this. What does it tell you that they're unwilling to give Trump his phony victory?

BTW, everyone enjoying the new NAFTA boom yet? :roll: Groundbreaking trade agreement, right? Right.
Why'd they also do it 2015?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:10 pm

I suspect China will be raising the White Flag by Labor Day.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Oh yea of youtube and sarcasm, why did CHina do it 2015? Was that also Trumps fault... :lol:
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:49 pm Oh yea of youtube and sarcasm, why did CHina do it 2015? Was that also Trumps fault... :lol:
I am not sure why China did it in 2015. I don’t believe it had anything to do with Donald Trump. I believe the current action is in response to the Trump trade war, but I could be wrong. It’s possible that it is unrelated but not probable. How would you compare the causation for the two events?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:49 pm Oh yea of youtube and sarcasm, why did CHina do it 2015? Was that also Trumps fault... :lol:
I am not sure why China did it in 2015. I don’t believe it had anything to do with Donald Trump. I believe the current action is in response to the Trump trade war, but I could be wrong. It’s possible that it is unrelated but not probable. How would you compare the causation for the two events?
I have no clue. Probably just jhina being jhina. It happened in 2008 as well before they chaos in finance. Maybe they sense the recession coming like many of spoken about.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:21 pm They're not going to budge. 6%+ GDP. All kinds of levers to pull. No elections.

Because they can. Same reason we just cut interest rates. Same reason we did the QE's...
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:39 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Because they can. Same reason we just cut interest rates. Same reason we did the QE's...
Thanks
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:37 pm
I have no clue. Probably just jhina being jhina. It happened in 2008 as well before they chaos in finance. Maybe they sense the recession coming like many of spoken about.
If you have no clue, how do you know it’s not Trump’s fault?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:40 pm
I don't, I was questioning how TLD knew it was Trump and that China would be raising the white flag. I merely drew attention this is not a one off move by China.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:40 pm
I don't, I was questioning how TLD knew it was Trump and that China would be raising the white flag. I merely drew attention this is not a one off move by China.
He was tongue in cheek. Needs an emoji.

China is not going to raise any white flags, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if China throws Trump a bone at some point, albeit they'll have made their point that they can outlast the US in any such trade battle. But it'll be just a bone so Trump can 'claim' victory to the numbskulls who think he's a very serious genius.

It's interesting that they haven't done so already. Apparently they want their message understood loud and clear.
old salt

Post by old salt »

There is significant anti-China sentiment in Congress & the public.

Now's the time to crank up the news on China's fentanyl production,
& launch a buy anything but made in China PR campaign.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm There is significant anti-China sentiment in Congress & the public.

Right. And stop selling the markets!...we're playing right into their filthy commie hands. Wouldn't the trade war on China be a great place to start unifying the country?
LandM

Post by LandM »

Tech if you started a trade war allot of fine outstanding colleges would have to figure out another source of revenue :D

BTW whatever happened to the Warren Buffet and Peter Lynch mode of investing? It gets borrowing to be told Powell had good bowel movements this am and thus rates will be steady :o
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:36 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm There is significant anti-China sentiment in Congress & the public.

Right. And stop selling the markets!...we're playing right into their filthy commie hands. Wouldn't the trade war on China be a great place to start unifying the country?
So now that you two realize that the Chinese aren't budging (gee, who could have seen that coming?), your new plan is to crank up the American propaganda machine....take all the hate that is bouncing around in the Trump era, and direct it toward China?

Start a real Cold War with China, and once again, do it without one single US ally in tow? That's your advice?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:19 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:36 pm

So now that you two realize that the Chinese aren't budging (gee, who could have seen that coming?), your new plan is to crank up the American propaganda machine....take all the hate that is bouncing around in the Trump era, and direct it toward China?

Start a real Cold War with China, and once again, do it without one single US ally in tow? That's your advice?
Off Topic: bought two bottles of NY Apple Whiskey and Colorado Peach. One Apple Whiskey is for a friend. My bottle of Apple is about empty!

Return to “POLITICS”