Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:08 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:49 pm
LandM wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:33 pm Well Avenatti’s source was real credible. That one at the party retracted; so it really came down to Dr Ford. Do I think she was abused yes do I think he was the guy no.

BTW how many years do you think Avenatti is going to get. I kept telling my wife this is gonna bit him in the arse as someone is going to start coming forward. He was looking to run for President.

TLD I just do not think he lied so that is the difference. Lying on a resume is stupid as it is too easy on background checks.

I do not have the temperament for all of that.
As for Kavanaugh, he lied about things other than Ford. That was my problem with him. Lying about what “Ralphing means”...for instance..I didn’t know what the word meant until I heard it from my east coast friends in college. Come on. BTW, Rat failed a basic background check and Old Sailor is standing up for him. What happened to honor and integrity.
You & Avenatti have a lot in common.

DNI Clapper was caught lying before Congress, ...twice, about what our IC did.

NEWSFLASH : Spooks & politicians get paid to lie.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 045991001/
Yeah, paid to lie on their service record. Pathetic... you should hire a guy that lies about his flight hours when looking for helo work to hang a man on the end of a wire...
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm
LandM wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:33 pm Well Avenatti’s source was real credible. That one at the party retracted; so it really came down to Dr Ford. Do I think she was abused yes do I think he was the guy no.

BTW how many years do you think Avenatti is going to get. I kept telling my wife this is gonna bit him in the arse as someone is going to start coming forward. He was looking to run for President.

TLD I just do not think he lied so that is the difference. Lying on a resume is stupid as it is too easy on background checks.

As for Kavanaugh, he lied about things other than Ford. That was my problem with him. Lying about what “Ralphing means”...for instance..I didn’t know what the word meant until I heard it from my east coast friends in college. Come on. BTW, Rat failed a basic background check and Old Sailor is standing up for him. What happened to honor and integrity.

Yeah, paid to lie on their service record.
.:lol:. Hypocrite. You just complain about the ones you don't like.
CNN's Daddy Clapper lied about his IC spying on US citizens before Congress.
Ratcliffe fluffed his resume a bit. BFD.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:24 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Yeah, paid to lie on their service record.
.:lol:. Hypocrite. You just complain about the ones you don't like.
CNN's Daddy Clapper lied about his IC spying on US citizens before Congress.
Ratcliffe fluffed his resume a bit. BFD.
Clapper should have been prosecuted for perjury. I have no skin in the game. You see me defending Clapper? 5 years ago, trust me, I had never heard of him....BFD, padding a resume. That’s honorable. You hiring a guy that lies about his qualifying flight hours?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Kavanaugh was caught coaching witnesses from Yale Law to forget him before the Ford story broke. Then the Flake-Collins redo deliberately ignored Yale. He knows damn well who he he is. Beholden.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:27 pmYou hiring a guy that lies about his qualifying flight hours?
I had limited means to verify the accuracy of what he had in his logbook before he came to me.
He had to complete our training, pass a checkride, & fly with us as a copilot before getting turned loose as the Pilot in Command.
Our direct observations were what mattered.
a fan

Post by a fan »

I'm a bit surprised by your answer here. If you find out that someone you command and are responsible for, lies----in writing----about a key indicator of job proficiency.....you're just going to let it slide?

If this happened in my shop? Fired. On the spot.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:27 pmYou hiring a guy that lies about his qualifying flight hours?
I had limited means to verify the accuracy of what he had in his logbook before he came to me.
He had to complete our training, pass a checkride, & fly with us as a copilot before getting turned loose as the Pilot in Command.
Our direct observations were what mattered.
Un huh... you lost all credibility with me a long time ago. A person that excuses lying, isn’t credible in my book. Easier to say, “I don’t know him personally...he should not have lied” . Hard to see someone credible that goes out of their way to defend a liar when it’s known the guy is lying. To each his own.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD - thanks for some windshield time - long way to go - Teddy Roosevelt Park tonight/tomorrow - btw I wish politicians could have a dialogue and agree to disagree on some things;
CU88 - final made all 50 :ugeek:
Trinity I had no idea about the coaching thing - after the first few what I thought interrogations I started to turn the volume down and then when Avenatti joined the party and the two women retracted that was the end
LandM

Post by LandM »

In fairness to OS and I believe he is a little older then I am both flight and jump logs were manual when I was in - there was no central database that folks logged into. BTW when you get out you get what is called a DD-214 which tells you all the wonderful things you did. Number of jumps were wrong and medals were not correct. Took a few years to get that taken care of.....I read somewhere - no I do not have a source, apologizes but I think it was the VA or American Legion said that 25% of DD-214's are incorrect.

Before anyone jumps about lying on a resume - some people like to use the word embellish or pontificate. Agreed that if someone is embellishing/pontificating on a resume not someone you want to hire and especially not watching the cash :D
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:15 pm I'm a bit surprised by your answer here. If you find out that someone you command and are responsible for, lies----in writing----about a key indicator of job proficiency.....you're just going to let it slide?

The FAA takes care of it for me. The job applicant has to have the FAA pilot certificates & ratings for the aircraft we operate.

To get that, they have to present to the FAA their log book for review when applying for a license or rating to document they have the minimum flight experience, plus a recommendation from a FAA Certified Flight Instructor certifying they've received the required instruction, then pass written, oral & flight exams to get their FAA license or rating.

We verify their ID, & check their FAA cert# with our regional FAA FSDO. We hire the FAA licensed pilot & train/check him in our aircraft & operations, all under FAA audit & periodic checks.

The applicant either has the valid FAA license & ratings or he does not.
He either successfully completes our training or he does not.
Last edited by old salt on Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:10 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:15 pm I'm a bit surprised by your answer here. If you find out that someone you command and are responsible for, lies----in writing----about a key indicator of job proficiency.....you're just going to let it slide?

The FAA takes care of it for me. The job applicant has to have the FAA pilot certificates & ratings for the aircraft we operate.

To get that, they have to present to the FAA their log book for review when applying for a license or rating to document they have the minimum flight experience, plus a recommendation from a FAA Certified Flight Instructor certifying they've received the required instruction, then pass a written, oral & flight exam.

We verify their ID, & check their FAA cert# with our regional FAA FSDO. We hire the FAA licensed pilot & train/check him in our aircraft & operations, all under FAA audit & periodic checks.

The question was if you knew they were lying.... you sound like Trump... the media does the vetting. Incredible.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:13 pm

To get that, they have to present to the FAA their log book for review when applying for a license or rating to document they have the minimum flight experience, plus a recommendation from a FAA Certified Flight Instructor certifying they've received the required instruction, then pass a written, oral & flight exam.

The question was if you knew they were lying.
There is no way I would know. They either perform up to standard in training or they do not.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:15 pm

There is no way I would know. They either perform up to standard in training or they do not.
IF
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:20 pm

IF
.:lol:. You are really trying too hard to build a mouse trap.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:20 pm

IF
.:lol:. You are really trying too hard to build a mouse trap.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good night old forked tongue
a fan

Post by a fan »

To get that, they have to present to the FAA their log book for review when applying for a license or rating to document they have the minimum flight experience, plus a recommendation from a FAA Certified Flight Instructor certifying they've received the required instruction, then pass written, oral & flight exams to get their FAA license or rating.

Thanks!

I had NO CLUE our Armed Forces cared about civilian certifications. I figured the fly boys would laugh at civilian certifications because flying for combat/military is different. I thought when you were discussing hours of flight, you were discussing hours in military aircraft.

Live and learn. I thought that military pilots got commercial jobs, not the other way around---. I guess I watched Officer and Gentleman too many times.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:59 pm

Thanks!

I had NO CLUE our Armed Forces cared about civilian certifications. I figured the fly boys would laugh at civilian certifications because flying for combat/military is different. I thought when you were discussing hours of flight, you were discussing hours in military aircraft.

Live and learn. I thought that military pilots got commercial jobs, not the other way around---. I guess I watched Officer and Gentleman too many times.
I was talking about my 2nd career in comml aviation.

The military is even more institutionalized in documenting experience & qualifications. In all branches, not just aviation.
Your service record, performance evals, flight records, medical records & security clearance are institutionally maintained (with remote centralized duplicates) & follow you throughout your service. You don't hire anyone. They're assigned to you by a centralized, service wide Personnel Command. You list where you'd like to go & what you'd like to do & they try to fit your preferences to the needs of the service. It helps to know someone where you want to go who can vouch for you so they ask for you by name to fill a future programmed vacancy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 pm {snip}
The military is even more institutionalized in documenting experience & qualifications. In all branches, not just aviation.
Your service record, performance evals, flight records, medical records & security clearance are institutionally maintained (with remote centralized duplicates) & follow you throughout your service....
Ah, thanks for the clarification. THIS was the answer I expected...and why I expressed surprise in your answer.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bill Browder's endorsement of Ratcliffe, based on his work on the Magnitsky Act.
...from Nasty Natasha Bertrand, no less :
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... mp-1439536

Trump’s intel pick collaborated with a fierce Russia foe

GOP Rep. John Ratcliffe, the president’s nominee for director of national intelligence, once worked with a leading Putin critic on the Magnitsky Act — which Russians have been pushing to overturn.

...John Ratcliffe, the congressman Trump has tapped to fight the “deep state” from within, has worked closely with one of the men Russian President Vladimir Putin wants most to see in prison: Bill Browder, an American-born businessman who has been on a decade-long campaign to expose Russian corruption.

It also resurfaces one of the biggest subplots of the Russia probe: the Russians’ lobbying of Trump campaign officials to undermine Browder and undo the Magnitsky Act — a law passed in 2012 to punish those suspected of being involved in the death of Russian tax lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered a $230 million tax fraud scheme in 2008 on behalf of Browder’s investment advisory firm Hermitage Capital.

“Ratcliffe was one of our lawyers at Ashcroft dealing with the fallout from Magnitsky,” Browder told POLITICO on Monday, referring to the law firm former Attorney General John Ashcroft formed with Ratcliffe and another former U.S. attorney in 2009. Browder described Ratcliffe as “a highly sophisticated guy” with “no illusions about Russia” who is “professional, capable, and deserves respect.”

While he wouldn’t delve into the legal advice Ratcliffe gave him over the years, Browder seemed confident in the congressman’s bona fides. “All I can say is that he’s a top professional, highly trained, and understands what’s going on in Russia through the Magnitsky case.”

Another former Ashcroft employee who worked on the Magnitsky case corroborated Browder’s recollections, describing Ratcliffe as active and helpful on the issue.

In July 2009, Browder hired Ashcroft Sutton & Ratcliffe, which had been formed months earlier, to represent him in New York in a case that would quickly snowball into one of the biggest corruption scandals of Putin's tenure, implicating high-level Kremlin officials and Putin allies.

Ratcliffe was one of Browder’s lawyers on the case that — with the help of Ashcroft’s lobbying firm — resulted in the passage of the Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act in 2012.

Overturning the Magnitsky Act — which authorizes the president to deny visas to, and freeze the assets of, Russians believed to have been complicit in Magnitsky's death and others suspected of human-rights abuses and corruption — has been one of Putin’s top foreign policy priorities.

Moscow retaliated immediately by blacklisting Americans and banning them from adopting Russian children. The campaign continued into 2016, when Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya met with Donald Trump Jr. and other Trump campaign officials at Trump Tower to discuss changing so-called “adoption policy,” which is a veiled reference to the Magnitsky Act.

Asked about Ratcliffe’s posture toward Russia and Putin, Browder suggested that Ratcliffe should be going into his new role with eyes wide open. “Anybody who’s ever worked on the Magnitsky case,” Browder said, “understands what an evil guy Putin is.”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:19 pm Bill Browder's endorsement of Ratcliffe, based on his work on the Magnitsky Act.
...from Nasty Natasha Bertrand, no less :
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/ ... mp-1439536

Trump’s intel pick collaborated with a fierce Russia foe

GOP Rep. John Ratcliffe, the president’s nominee for director of national intelligence, once worked with a leading Putin critic on the Magnitsky Act — which Russians have been pushing to overturn.

...John Ratcliffe, the congressman Trump has tapped to fight the “deep state” from within, has worked closely with one of the men Russian President Vladimir Putin wants most to see in prison: Bill Browder, an American-born businessman who has been on a decade-long campaign to expose Russian corruption.

It also resurfaces one of the biggest subplots of the Russia probe: the Russians’ lobbying of Trump campaign officials to undermine Browder and undo the Magnitsky Act — a law passed in 2012 to punish those suspected of being involved in the death of Russian tax lawyer Sergei Magnitsky, who uncovered a $230 million tax fraud scheme in 2008 on behalf of Browder’s investment advisory firm Hermitage Capital.

“Ratcliffe was one of our lawyers at Ashcroft dealing with the fallout from Magnitsky,” Browder told POLITICO on Monday, referring to the law firm former Attorney General John Ashcroft formed with Ratcliffe and another former U.S. attorney in 2009. Browder described Ratcliffe as “a highly sophisticated guy” with “no illusions about Russia” who is “professional, capable, and deserves respect.”

While he wouldn’t delve into the legal advice Ratcliffe gave him over the years, Browder seemed confident in the congressman’s bona fides. “All I can say is that he’s a top professional, highly trained, and understands what’s going on in Russia through the Magnitsky case.”

Another former Ashcroft employee who worked on the Magnitsky case corroborated Browder’s recollections, describing Ratcliffe as active and helpful on the issue.

In July 2009, Browder hired Ashcroft Sutton & Ratcliffe, which had been formed months earlier, to represent him in New York in a case that would quickly snowball into one of the biggest corruption scandals of Putin's tenure, implicating high-level Kremlin officials and Putin allies.

Ratcliffe was one of Browder’s lawyers on the case that — with the help of Ashcroft’s lobbying firm — resulted in the passage of the Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act in 2012.

Overturning the Magnitsky Act — which authorizes the president to deny visas to, and freeze the assets of, Russians believed to have been complicit in Magnitsky's death and others suspected of human-rights abuses and corruption — has been one of Putin’s top foreign policy priorities.

Moscow retaliated immediately by blacklisting Americans and banning them from adopting Russian children. The campaign continued into 2016, when Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya met with Donald Trump Jr. and other Trump campaign officials at Trump Tower to discuss changing so-called “adoption policy,” which is a veiled reference to the Magnitsky Act.

Asked about Ratcliffe’s posture toward Russia and Putin, Browder suggested that Ratcliffe should be going into his new role with eyes wide open. “Anybody who’s ever worked on the Magnitsky case,” Browder said, “understands what an evil guy Putin is.”
You should email that to Team Trump.

Return to “POLITICS”