Which Program Will Win The Most National Titles This Upcoming Decade?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ABV 8.3%

Re: Which Program Will Win The Most National Titles This Upcoming Decade?

Post by ABV 8.3% »

pcowlax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am I’ll still take Duke with O’Neill. He is not going to dominate in college like at St. A because he won’t have such a pronounced size advantage. But good lord, he is going to be a force of nature and skill. Add in the other great classes they have coming and they could get 2 in the next 5. And then Danowski retires and it might slow down but in this day and age I don’t see anyone winning 3 in 10.
Very true. Very similar to todays college hockey. Not since Boston Colleges dominance, from 2006-12, when they made 5 of 7 finals, winning 3 in seven years. except for Minn.-Duleth, no team has made the finals more than once. 15 total teams, since 2009: (hockey, 12 of 15 are one time appearance teams ,contrast that to having only 3 of 11 teams, same time frame, in lacrosse make a one time appearance in the finals . 12 for hockey, 3 for lacrosse. Interesting. Possible reasons?

I could see lacrosse continue on the same path, or something similar to what happens in hockey. Both attributed to changing the rules, the selection process, for lacrosse.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Cooter wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:32 am
pcowlax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am but in this day and age I don’t see anyone winning 3 in 10.
I don't think that some team winning 3 in 10 is that unlikely. There are a number of teams that seem to maintain themselves in the top 10 and are often in the top 5. I think that it is probably as likely as not (around 50%) that some team will win 3 (or more) title in the 10 year period.
I totally agree that several teams will be top 10 or even top 5 at least 5 of the next 10 years. No doubt. There have several that have done this the past 10 years (hump, MD). But winning has gotten very hard. I’ll certainly buy a team might make 4 or even 5 final fours. But actually winning 3 will be tough.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

FannOLax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 am "Gregorian" is an adjective, not anybody's name.
Do all adjectives start with a capitol letter, or is it just the ones whose origins are derived from someones name?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

pcowlax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:04 am I’ll still take Duke with O’Neill. He is not going to dominate in college like at St. A because he won’t have such a pronounced size advantage. But good lord, he is going to be a force of nature and skill. Add in the other great classes they have coming and they could get 2 in the next 5. And then Danowski retires and it might slow down but in this day and age I don’t see anyone winning 3 in 10.

I'm reliably informed by many posters here that one can never predict college success based on High School production. So unfortunately for O'Neill, he will simply be another raw and unproven recruit, possibly to be buried in anonymity on the Blue Devils' bench. Also, for posterity sake, in no imaginable universe did Duke offer or even hint to O'Neill any playing time in exchange for abandoning his 8th grade commitment to Penn State and family friend, Tambroni. Those things do not happen in college sports.

Also, Duke sucks and I am afraid that is a law of nature.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 am
FannOLax wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:41 am "Gregorian" is an adjective, not anybody's name.
That’s just Russell being Fatty.
The calendar is NAMED after someone. Why the weirdness ?

All I can say, is that Jay Blues will NOT only NOT make 3 Finals, but NOT even come close to winning 3 first round games in the next ten years.

Seasons change.....I've been waiting on you (coach ) year after year. SOme learn, some learn to want to learn, but take it no father.

Baltimores own future islands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYO1lSUspXA
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:31 pm

All I can say, is that Jay Blues will NOT only NOT make 3 Finals, but NOT even come close to winning 3 first round games in the next ten years.

Seasons change.....I've been waiting on you (coach ) year after year. SOme learn, some learn to want to learn, but take it no father.

jiminy christmas. doesn't anyone else have google around here?
https://www.history.com/news/6-things-y ... n-calendar
how did you guys find anything at the library? was dewey someone?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Library?
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:59 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:23 pm

Library?
Obviously some place you have never been
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Because, at Hopkins, the library is a likely place to bump into a co-ed.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:20 am Because, at Hopkins, the library is a likely place to bump into a co-ed.

I mean, I guess you could call them that... :lol:
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:39 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:20 am Because, at Hopkins, the library is a likely place to bump into a co-ed.

Since the women are now ca. 53% of the student body, you're likely to meet one just about anywhere. The 60s and 70s are over, move on.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

HowieT3 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:41 am

Since the women are now ca. 53% of the student body, you're likely to meet one just about anywhere. The 60s and 70s are over, move on.
From Hopkins lacrosse being a powerhouse ? most have ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:03 am
HowieT3 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:41 am

From Hopkins lacrosse being a powerhouse ? most have ;)

Truer words never spoken... :lol:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

This thread has reminded me that I soon need to buy my 2020 Calendar of Cats.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

A Title IX lawsuit was filed against the University of Kentucky. Women's lacrosse mentioned...

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Title ... 39941.html
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

I think Joey Epstein will leave Johns Hopkins with at least one national championship. Petro has brought in some strong recruiting classes in recent years.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Wheels wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 pm A Title IX lawsuit was filed against the University of Kentucky. Women's lacrosse mentioned...

going with the survey defense.
it's a bold strategy, cotton, let's see if it pays off for 'em.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

wgdsr wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 am
Wheels wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:38 pm A Title IX lawsuit was filed against the University of Kentucky. Women's lacrosse mentioned...

going with the survey defense.
it's a bold strategy, cotton, let's see if it pays off for 'em.
F-in, Aaaaaa!!!!
laxidaisical55

Post by laxidaisical55 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:12 pm

I'm reliably informed by many posters here that one can never predict college success based on High School production. So unfortunately for O'Neill, he will simply be another raw and unproven recruit, possibly to be buried in anonymity on the Blue Devils' bench. Also, for posterity sake, in no imaginable universe did Duke offer or even hint to O'Neill any playing time in exchange for abandoning his 8th grade commitment to Penn State and family friend, Tambroni. Those things do not happen in college sports.

I doubt that will be the case with O'Neil. Rare combination of size and talent. Really works at his craft and wants to be great. If you have seen him play he can quickly change a game. Reminds me of Schrieber when he was at St. A's, just wants to win.Little different kind of player but same mindset.Probably has a harder shot though.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

laxidaisical55 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:17 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:12 pm

I doubt that will be the case with O'Neil. Rare combination of size and talent. Really works at his craft and wants to be great. If you have seen him play he can quickly change a game. Reminds me of Schrieber when he was at St. A's, just wants to win.Little different kind of player but same mindset.Probably has a harder shot though.

I was being facetious...O'Neill will be great...have seem him live many times.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”