Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Homer

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by Homer »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:47 am So far as Chase, like I said, this was not a surprise to the coaches...and may have a positive net effect on the team...

Definitely proposing to my gf tonight. I'm on a heater.
Should we send her over to Swallow at the Hollow to pick you up? Didn't know they were open this early ;)
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 am Scanlan moving on is not the surprise that we might think...let me rephrase that: I do not think that Coach T was surprised by this move (btw, I'd bet on 'Cuse picking him up, not Albany, but I have no inside info on this matter, pure speculation).

Here for my deserved applause and recognition that sometimes I know what I am saying...

Where are my crabs, wgdsr and the other guy? Or do you really want the Hounds to play and prove you woefully wrong? I'll let you out of the bet for half a dozen each, but the beer count remains. We will win the PL; we will make the NCAA semi's; and we will beat down the 'Hoos like a broken dishwasher. Let's do this! Onto the RAC, boys!!!!

Anyhoo, Chase and a few others (notably the most important players coming back) did not get along...the argument that the remaining players 'only care about $$' is beyond comical if you know these kids. Chase is quickly going downhill; Desko will have his hands full. Not sure the #22 award will be recalled fondly...(but don't forget: it's me who doesn't know the story here :lol: )

Cuse's locker room a bit more diverse and should be a more comfortable cultural fit for Scanlan but hopefully no donna surfaces as any catering should be to feed stomachs not egos.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Homer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:54 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:47 am So far as Chase, like I said, this was not a surprise to the coaches...and may have a positive net effect on the team...

Should we send her over to Swallow at the Hollow to pick you up? Didn't know they were open this early ;)

I thought this might be a crack at my hetero bona-fides until I googled it and discovered that it is indeed a crab restaurant :o

Anyhow, all I know is Ocean pride and Cap'n Jim's Crab House.

And wgdsr will be paying me a full dozen unless he settles up today. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

stupefied wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 am Scanlan moving on is not the surprise that we might think...let me rephrase that: I do not think that Coach T was surprised by this move (btw, I'd bet on 'Cuse picking him up, not Albany, but I have no inside info on this matter, pure speculation).

Here for my deserved applause and recognition that sometimes I know what I am saying...

Where are my crabs, wgdsr and the other guy? Or do you really want the Hounds to play and prove you woefully wrong? I'll let you out of the bet for half a dozen each, but the beer count remains. We will win the PL; we will make the NCAA semi's; and we will beat down the 'Hoos like a broken dishwasher. Let's do this! Onto the RAC, boys!!!!

Anyhoo, Chase and a few others (notably the most important players coming back) did not get along...the argument that the remaining players 'only care about $$' is beyond comical if you know these kids. Chase is quickly going downhill; Desko will have his hands full. Not sure the #22 award will be recalled fondly...(but don't forget: it's me who doesn't know the story here :lol: )

Cuse's locker room a bit more diverse and should be a more comfortable cultural fit for Scanlan but hopefully no donna surfaces as any catering should be to feed stomachs not egos.

Can't speak for the Cuse locker room diversity, but if you knew the Hounds, this isn't exactly Chadtucket Central. These kids are serious athletes, not prone to wasting away their college years.

Desko, I assure you, is sitting this kid down soon...how Chase responds to criticism will decide his year (and possibly his college career). Color me 'skeptical'; you shall see.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:17 pm Other transfer news...

Riley Seay from Bellarmine is transferring to loyola after a 39 point season (30 goals, 9 assists).

Also, 6’1 midfielder, Jack Decker from Marist is transferring from Marist to loyola as well.

Perhaps these two additions will help organically replace the production from the loss of Scanlan

Does it ever get tiring being a Loyola fan?!?!?

We will absolutely rock next season. Proving the naysayers wrong will taste so sweet. I have real doubts about how the IL staff ranks teams. If you can't see that Loyola will be significantly better next year, all because you are blinded by the loss of Pat/Jacob, you need to get another job. Take a look at our transfers and our returning defense, plus our new FOGO's.

We will sell out every game! I'm even thinking of attending some Hopkins games at Homewood, just to keep attendance differentials respectable between the two programs. I'd buy some Hop swag, but I've never seen merchants actually selling anything there, except for the meth dealers on W. University Parkway. :lol:
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:22 pm blinded by the loss of Pat/Jacob
lol
We will sell out every game! I'm even thinking of attending some Hopkins games at Homewood, just to keep attendance differentials respectable between the two programs.
Hop had a higher average attendance last year.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 pm
We will sell out every game! I'm even thinking of attending some Hopkins games at Homewood, just to keep attendance differentials respectable between the two programs.

Hopkins attendance figures have all the relevance of a major league baseball team sitting 45 games out of first place in late September claiming they sold 25,000 seats, when about 18 actual fans are in the stands.

(*plus note next time how many fans who show at Homewood are cheering for the opposing team :lol: )
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:33 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Hopkins attendance figures have all the relevance of a major league baseball team sitting 45 games out of first place in late September claiming they sold 25,000 seats, when about 18 actual fans are in the stands.

(*plus note next time how many fans who show at Homewood are cheering for the opposing team :lol: )
Lol going with the fake news angle, ok chief. Whatever helps you sleep
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Out of curiosity, Hopfan, what was your best attended home game last year?
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

thatsmell wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm Out of curiosity, Hopfan, what was your best attended home game last year?

You're just trolling him, right? I mean, we all know which Homewood game was the most attended. ;)
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:16 pm
thatsmell wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm Out of curiosity, Hopfan, what was your best attended home game last year?

You're just trolling him, right? I mean, we all know which Homewood game was the most attended. ;)
;)

:lol:
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Loyola attendance

vs. Virginia: 2541
vs. Holy Cross: 1078
vs. Navy: 1707
vs. Colgate: 1431
vs. Lehigh: 2107
vs. Georgetown: 1019
vs. Army: 1111
vs. Syracuse: 2268

Average: 1657

Hopkins attendance

vs. Loyola: 4630
vs. Mount St. Mary's: 685
vs. Delaware: 1194
vs. Virginia: 2273
vs. Rutgers: 3956
vs. Ohio State: 2197

Average: 2489

You could throw out the Loyola game entirely and Hop would still have a much higher average (2061). And that's in a year when Maryland, Syracuse, and Princeton were all road games. Hop's second highest game, Rutgers, would still blow by Loyola's most attended game.

More lies from Petey B. But what else is new? It's a shame you guys get so many drunken students (who couldn't care less about the actual sport of lacrosse and are probably only there because there's absolutely nothing else to do on campus) and STILL get easily beat by lowly Homewood in attendance with all its old timers and curmudgeonly spectators

Loyola lists Ridley's capacity at 6,000. Have you ever sold out a game? Have you ever even come close?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

That was a lot of analysis to be so irrelevant. Thankfully we can look at the scoreboard and know what’s up. Speaking of which, this photo reminds me of last years tilt:
906FBFF8-22FF-46C8-801D-EA3384EB90BE.jpeg
906FBFF8-22FF-46C8-801D-EA3384EB90BE.jpeg (132.36 KiB) Viewed 2723 times
:lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:06 pm
Homer wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:54 pm
I thought this might be a crack at my hetero bona-fides until I googled it and discovered that it is indeed a crab restaurant :o
Anyhow, all I know is Ocean pride and Cap'n Jim's Crab House.
And wgdsr will be paying me a full dozen unless he settles up today. :lol:
there won't be any buyouts accepted or offered.
and just so we're dotting i's... we are on end-of-season numbers, including all playoffs, ya?
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:38 pm Loyola attendance

Hopkins attendance

You could throw out the Loyola game entirely and Hop would still have a much higher average (2061). And that's in a year when Maryland, Syracuse, and Princeton were all road games. Hop's second highest game, Rutgers, would still blow by Loyola's most attended game.

More lies from Petey B. But what else is new? It's a shame you guys get so many drunken students (who couldn't care less about the actual sport of lacrosse and are probably only there because there's absolutely nothing else to do on campus) and STILL get easily beat by lowly Homewood in attendance with all its old timers and curmudgeonly spectators

Loyola lists Ridley's capacity at 6,000. Have you ever sold out a game? Have you ever even come close?
sooo coming from a family where we love both Hopkins and Loyola 50-50 being that my sister went to Hop and well my username checks out for Evergreen. seeing posts like these of fans knocking down eachothers programs just hurts for me to see. I for one root for both schools, i've been to many games at homewood near the PA system where the real rabid fans sit and its great to feel that energy. and passion for the team. I've been around Charles Street and the two campuses since i was 15, now 22.

I also have seen the shots about Hopkins co-ed's and Loyola students and all that. Both schools have different student bodies, with different academic rigors. Personally, i'm more proud of the fact that my sister graduated near the top of her class at Hopkins because of how difficult the rigors are at Hopkins, than I am for completing Loyola's undergrad accounting program not even near the top of of my class where the accounting curriculum is one of the toughest programs in Loyolas AACSB accredited business school. A running joke that my family has, is that Hopkins is filled with the Ivy rejects, extremely bright, intellectual kids who has MIT, Stanford, UCLA, other top tier schools when they got their college application results. Loyola has bright kids too, maybe they applied to Ivy's but decided to come here, who knows. I'm pretty sure both student bodies have a majority of kids come from private high schools in the states, with Hopkins obviously having more international students coming in.

I've dated Hopkins co-eds. There are some that are absolutely gorgeous. Loyola has nice looking co-eds too. Obviously Loyola is less diverse than Hopkins and that's maybe why i didn't fit in as culturally as I would have liked because i'm asian.

Hopkins has events that i love going to- Sterling Brunch? Amazing food at the FFC. Other food spots around Homewood like Petes grill, Niwana, Peko Peko Ramen, Tambers, etc.
Spring Fair? Wonderful time to get chicken on stick, pad thai, lo mein, literally any food i want at Spring Fair on the freshman quad near the AMR dorms to then wash it down with Thai Iced tea, or a nice beer and see the other festivities.

Loyola has Bull n Oyster, we now have homecoming in the fall. We have Chordbusters and the BSA fashion show and Loyolapalooza. All nice events where i've invited Hopkins friends to come watch and they like our stuff too.

Campuses:
Hopkins is my DREAM campus with its colonial style buildings, multiple quads, all the spacious areas. Loyola, while homey, has 1 quad with an east and west side with nice dorms. Loyola is still pretty IMO, but i just love the Hopkins look and have loved it since being 15 years old, even to when i got denied when i applied.

My point is- why can't we just respect these two programs who are 2 miles away from eachother, who play great lacrosse in the Lacrosse city of the US. Both team have been successful in their own right, and within their own history.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Also '16, just to answer your last question, Ridley sold out once to my knowledge. Against Hopkins in 2014 where that was the last Charles Street Rivalry game in May between our schools
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:49 pm

Hopkins attendance

sooo coming from a family where we love both Hopkins and Loyola 50-50 being that my sister went to Hop and well my username checks out for Evergreen. seeing posts like these of fans knocking down eachothers programs just hurts for me to see. I for one root for both schools, i've been to many games at homewood near the PA system where the real rabid fans sit and its great to feel that energy. and passion for the team. I've been around Charles Street and the two campuses since i was 15, now 22.

I also have seen the shots about Hopkins co-ed's and Loyola students and all that. Both schools have different student bodies, with different academic rigors. Personally, i'm more proud of the fact that my sister graduated near the top of her class at Hopkins because of how difficult the rigors are at Hopkins, than I am for completing Loyola's undergrad accounting program not even near the top of of my class where the accounting curriculum is one of the toughest programs in Loyolas AACSB accredited business school. A running joke that my family has, is that Hopkins is filled with the Ivy rejects, extremely bright, intellectual kids who has MIT, Stanford, UCLA, other top tier schools when they got their college application results. Loyola has bright kids too, maybe they applied to Ivy's but decided to come here, who knows. I'm pretty sure both student bodies have a majority of kids come from private high schools in the states, with Hopkins obviously having more international students coming in.

I've dated Hopkins co-eds. There are some that are absolutely gorgeous. Loyola has nice looking co-eds too. Obviously Loyola is less diverse than Hopkins and that's maybe why i didn't fit in as culturally as I would have liked because i'm asian.

Hopkins has events that i love going to- Sterling Brunch? Amazing food at the FFC. Other food spots around Homewood like Petes grill, Niwana, Peko Peko Ramen, Tambers, etc.
Spring Fair? Wonderful time to get chicken on stick, pad thai, lo mein, literally any food i want at Spring Fair on the freshman quad near the AMR dorms to then wash it down with Thai Iced tea, or a nice beer and see the other festivities.

Loyola has Bull n Oyster, we now have homecoming in the fall. We have Chordbusters and the BSA fashion show and Loyolapalooza. All nice events where i've invited Hopkins friends to come watch and they like our stuff too.

Campuses:
Hopkins is my DREAM campus with its colonial style buildings, multiple quads, all the spacious areas. Loyola, while homey, has 1 quad with an east and west side with nice dorms. Loyola is still pretty IMO, but i just love the Hopkins look and have loved it since being 15 years old, even to when i got denied when i applied.

My point is- why can't we just respect these two programs who are 2 miles away from eachother, who play great lacrosse in the Lacrosse city of the US. Both team have been successful in their own right, and within their own history.
Great post and agree with pretty much everything you said. Just some trash talk between rivals. Nothing personal, from my perspective at least. Just had to correct the record because a certain someone seems to have a very difficult relationship with the truth.

I enjoyed going to games at Ridley. Fun atmosphere for Hop-Loyola games, never denied that. I have always wished they'd put something on the far side of the field to cover up the parking lot—not the most appealing of backdrops, IMO. Still a nice venue that draws a solid crowd. But absolutely nothing compares to Homewood on a nice Saturday. And nothing ever will. The rinky dink band, the food trucks, the sight lines, the banana guys, all the youth players in their uniforms, now with the Cordish Center and the Bob Scott statue welcoming you in...almost makes up for all the losing. ;)

Pete's Grille is a magical, magical place.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:49 pm

Hopkins attendance

Campuses:

+1 :)
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/04/25/w ... look-like/

Here's an interesting take for the 2020 season. looks like you have a supporter for the team performance next year PB.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:19 pm https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/04/25/w ... look-like/

Here's an interesting take for the 2020 season. looks like you have a supporter for the team performance next year PB.
Maybe.........Toomey is a great coach so rule them out at your own risk. However, I would point out this article was written expecting Scanlan to be a major piece, but he has since moved on. If Loyola, gets to the NCAA Quaters this season, Toomey should be named National coach of the year. We shall see......

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”