Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
stupefied

Re: Loyola University Lacrosse 2020

Post by stupefied »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:51 pm
Lenwood117 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:56 pm My team is in the Patriot league, I was simp;y trying to say in a nice way that all teams have good kids coming in

Hey man, this is the land of wolves now, we say nothing positive about any team other than the Hounds. That said, since you are in the PL league, I will say positive things about you. Bucknell looks to be strong, but the rest I do not expect much this year.
Any thoughts on your neighbor JHU?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

stupefied wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:17 pm
Lenwood117 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:56 pm My team is in the Patriot league, I was simp;y trying to say in a nice way that all teams have good kids coming in

Hey man, this is the land of wolves now, we say nothing positive about any team other than the Hounds. That said, since you are in the PL league, I will say positive things about you. Bucknell looks to be strong, but the rest I do not expect much this year.

Just a sad state of affairs down there.

Now, one thing I'll give Petro some credit for is his recruiting class coming in the Fall of 2020 does seem to be more solid than usual. Of course he will ruin them as they rot on a bench for 3 years, but that's a story for another day. ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Delusional.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

PB is just practicing his creative writing, and doing quite well at it, I might add.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

DALaxDad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:10 pm PB is just practicing his creative writing, and doing quite well at it, I might add.
expressing his homeboy prejudice/hopes. We will wait to see what 2020 develops.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:47 pm The Storm team comprised of a couple Loyola recruits of 2019/2020's lost today by a goal to the JHU comprised team at the IL EPOCH Committed Academy event today.

I only caught the 3rd quarter and onward but look out for Kamish
He had i believe 4 points on the day. Dished two assists and two really nice goals. One was a wraparound shot after dodging behind the cage. Another was off a feed and created space off a great face dodge and scored.

Also Pacheco won a majority of FO's. Commentators stated that hes a blend of being a pure athlete, to one that's also technically sound. Excited to see him develop
But you lost to a heavy JHU team! :oops:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

stupefied wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:17 pm

We shall see, Enjoy your mom's meatloaf.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Drcthru wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 am
houndace1 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:47 pm The Storm team comprised of a couple Loyola recruits of 2019/2020's lost today by a goal to the JHU comprised team at the IL EPOCH Committed Academy event today.

I only caught the 3rd quarter and onward but look out for Kamish
He had i believe 4 points on the day. Dished two assists and two really nice goals. One was a wraparound shot after dodging behind the cage. Another was off a feed and created space off a great face dodge and scored.

Also Pacheco won a majority of FO's. Commentators stated that hes a blend of being a pure athlete, to one that's also technically sound. Excited to see him develop
But you lost to a heavy JHU team! :oops:

Anyone could have told you this 'Hopkins-heavy' squad would have won Epoch; Hopkins players always peak in high school. :lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The problem with using hyperbole consistently is sooner or later it subverts credibility. I have ties to LC through Joe Boylan and relatives who have played with relatives of Coach and know him well. LC has had the better team in recent years. At the undergrad level these days you get out what you put in for the most part. Two very different institutions, two very different campuses, two very different mission statements etc not really comparable
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:54 pm The problem with using hyperbole consistently is sooner or later it subverts credibility. I have ties to LC through Joe Boylan and relatives who have played with relatives of Coach and know him well. LC has had the better team in recent years. At the undergrad level these days you get out what you put in for the most part. Two very different institutions, two very different campuses, two very different mission statements etc not really comparable

Indeed. :lol:
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

http://dailyorange.com/2019/07/wouldve- ... ext-no-22/

in case anybody wanted more news about Scanlon. Sounds like the team and him didn't get along off the field

Edit: based off what he says in this article.... the kid really really burned the bridge between him and Loyola. And it showed on social media
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

houndace1 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:48 pm http://dailyorange.com/2019/07/wouldve- ... ext-no-22/

in case anybody wanted more news about Scanlon. Sounds like the team and him didn't get along off the field

Edit: based off what he says in this article.... the kid really really burned the bridge between him and Loyola. And it showed on social media
Thanks for posting.
“I wish you would!”
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Yikes!
But off the field, he didn’t fit in socially. Thoughts of transferring from Loyola crept in his mind even before the season, he said.

“My teammates weren’t welcoming outside the field,” Scanlan said. “That’s another part of college. I didn’t feel like I fit in with those guys. I kind of felt alone most of the year.”

Scanlan called himself “blue-collared,” something he originally told Lax Sports Network when explaining his decision to transfer. He thought players on Loyola put money first. On top of not having the same interests, most kept to themselves: “If it doesn’t help them out, they don’t care,” he said.

Scanlan only committed to Loyola because his options were limited after a “late” decommitment from Syracuse, he said.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:15 am Scanlan moving on is not the surprise that we might think...let me rephrase that: I do not think that Coach T was surprised by this move (btw, I'd bet on 'Cuse picking him up, not Albany, but I have no inside info on this matter, pure speculation).

Here for my deserved applause and recognition that sometimes I know what I am saying...

Where are my crabs, wgdsr and the other guy? Or do you really want the Hounds to play and prove you woefully wrong? I'll let you out of the bet for half a dozen each, but the beer count remains. We will win the PL; we will make the NCAA semi's; and we will beat down the 'Hoos like a broken dishwasher. Let's do this! Onto the RAC, boys!!!!

Anyhoo, Chase and a few others (notably the most important players coming back) did not get along...the argument that the remaining players 'only care about $$' is beyond comical if you know these kids. Chase is quickly going downhill; Desko will have his hands full. Not sure the #22 award will be recalled fondly...(but don't forget: it's me who doesn't know the story here :lol: )
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:35 am As I said, this did not come as a surprise to Coach T nor will it have the deleterious effect on team chemistry or production that some here speculate. 'nuff said.

Should I continue to spike the football? :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Or should I simply reply to the old posts by laxfan somewhat-neighborish interlopers wishing ill on my beloved Hounds? :lol:

Honestly, I don't have anything left to do today. Should I eviscerate these heathens?!?!
Boo.jpg
Boo.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:47 am So far as Chase, like I said, this was not a surprise to the coaches...and may have a positive net effect on the team...

Definitely proposing to my gf tonight. I'm on a heater.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm Scanlan's departure is not the loss many think.

Desko has to be worried.

I'll quit, I swear.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don’t understand the first go around between Cuse and him. The special program there is well known and a lot of players have been through it. There was a wealth of resources available to clarify any grey areas.

The rest I understand. I have mentioned the problems some have going away. He won’t be the last and certainly is far from the first

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”