Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Orange Duce

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:40 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm For the white farmers? $30+ Billion in cash on the finger, no questions asked. Filled with grift and fraud as you very well know. And it ain't over yet.
yadayadayada. Did you see the figures Trump quoted re tariff $$ raised on Chinese imports. It dwarfs the farm export relief ?
Great news! So take all that money that you seem to think is "extra", and instead of giving it to farmers who didn't earn it, give it to Baltimore's poor and the schools they attend.

All set.
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm Then you say -- who pays the tariff ?
You plainly don't care who pays it. So let's move on.
old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm Then I say -- there's your consumption tax.
Not even close. Nice try, though.

Just say: "I'm a Trump fan, so I'm going to fall all over myself to justify anything Trump does." It's quicker, and actually makes more sense.
It's really, really painful to watch folks who definitely know better, aren't actually idiots, 'fall all over themselves to justify anything Trump does'.

In Salty's case, what does Putin want?, 'cause that'll matter too.
Yeah. Putin's all for US tariffs. .:roll:.

Butt out busybody. You're too dense to get it when I'm jerkin' afan's chain.

yadayadayada
Yup, we clearly need an emoji that tells us when you're saying something dumb, for about the 20th time, so that we know you're really just jerking someone's chain. "Who pays the tariff"...obviously just a joke.
Pay attention. afan & I have this exchange over, & over, & over...
afan's standard response is that tariffs are a tax on Americans
my standard response is that he should like that because he's advocates consumption taxes.
rinse, repeat.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:59 pm
Pay attention. We have this exchange over, & over, & over...
afan's standard response is that tariffs are a tax on Americans
my standard response is that he should like that because he's advocates consumption taxes.
rinse, repeat.
No. I advocate a complete consumption tax.

-I support a consumption tax on all goods and services that changes hands in America.

-I would also support even tariffs across all goods coming in to the US. A uniform standard percentage that doesn't play favorites. In fact, without stronger unions, I believe we have no choice but to levy tariffs across the board, because if we don't protect our workers, wages will go to the global average....which is exactly why wages are stagnant in the US.

My consumption tax needs either tariffs to protect workers from outside labor competition, or direct and indirect funding to the labor force via the consumption tax.....coupled with a heavy union presence....just like Germany, Finland, etc.

Obviously, Trump is not doing the above. He's picking winners and losers, all while not getting China to move an inch on Trade negotiations because the US has elections, and China does not. Told you this from the word go. And it's played out just as I told you it would. Not that that was any kind of feat.....
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:29 pmWow. So it's OK, for the Fanlax hate squad to applaud the folks that use that term with impunity? Guess I should have tempered THAT word and used a more acceptable euphemism. ... [edited]...
Your blog; your rules. I prefer to deal in truths and damn the consequences.
Stating what's on my mind has gotten me kicked out of better places than this. YOU WIN!
This isn't about truths. There's no truth in posting words like this. It's like spitting in someone's face and saying, That's the truth! No one deserves to be treated with such disregard, such lack of care. As a rule, we want all to feel welcome within our forum. Murph, you included. But when someone's posts make others feel unwelcome, that's a problem. A problem we expressed earlier today and a problem you chose to ignore.

Tweeeet! 3 Minute (6 Day) Unsportsmanlike Penalty. You'll be released on Thursday, July 25 at 5 PM. Tweeeeeeeet!!! Play on!
Who or what are you, ADMIN? An individual? A collection of self-righteous Pecksniffs?Apparently, I was banished for using a descriptive word I've heard the Electoral Potus use for many years. I was admonished by ADMIN "that no one deserves to be treated with such disregard; such a lack of care". Who was that "someone", ADMIN? You, your boyos, the star chamber chorus? What was the disregard I showed?

Subsequently, you asked to me to TEMPER THAT word.I did as you requested. There's a rich vein of euphemisms. But that was not good enough for you ADMIN.

Face it. Your pique was the result of my having the audacity to challenge your authority. How Trumpian! (BTW I've witnessed that guy use that word with impunity for years). So like those 4 members of THE SQUAD, I was ordered to come back to from whence I came. East 55th Street, Manhattan.N.Y.C. will hopefully welcome me with open arms.

Hey ADMIN..."Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/29/us/p ... check.html

Trump did nothing at Ground Zero. Like Chris Christie, he didn’t rescue anyone or hug any victims, because he stayed uptown. Happy to steal the valor, tho. Da Nang Dick should start calling him Ground Zero Hero.

“I was in NYC working with city from 9/12 onward out of the pier & at Ground Zero each day. Team I headed & worked with had oversight of political leaders from here & around the world, celebrities & business leaders, & media who wanted access to or near WTC. No Trump. Not once. #Liar.” John Weaver. GOP consultant
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Venerable newsman's view, from the Post:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... 5fb593be45
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

DNI nominee Ratcliffe never prosecuted a terrorist anywhere, ever. Despite his multiple prior claims. Is there anyone on that team not full of shirts?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:38 am
admin wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:17 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:29 pmWow. So it's OK, for the Fanlax hate squad to applaud the folks that use that term with impunity? Guess I should have tempered THAT word and used a more acceptable euphemism. ... [edited]...
Your blog; your rules. I prefer to deal in truths and damn the consequences.
Stating what's on my mind has gotten me kicked out of better places than this. YOU WIN!
This isn't about truths. There's no truth in posting words like this. It's like spitting in someone's face and saying, That's the truth! No one deserves to be treated with such disregard, such lack of care. As a rule, we want all to feel welcome within our forum. Murph, you included. But when someone's posts make others feel unwelcome, that's a problem. A problem we expressed earlier today and a problem you chose to ignore.

Tweeeet! 3 Minute (6 Day) Unsportsmanlike Penalty. You'll be released on Thursday, July 25 at 5 PM. Tweeeeeeeet!!! Play on!
Who or what are you, ADMIN? An individual? A collection of self-righteous Pecksniffs?Apparently, I was banished for using a descriptive word I've heard the Electoral Potus use for many years. I was admonished by ADMIN "that no one deserves to be treated with such disregard; such a lack of care". Who was that "someone", ADMIN? You, your boyos, the star chamber chorus? What was the disregard I showed?

Subsequently, you asked to me to TEMPER THAT word.I did as you requested. There's a rich vein of euphemisms. But that was not good enough for you ADMIN.

Face it. Your pique was the result of my having the audacity to challenge your authority. How Trumpian! (BTW I've witnessed that guy use that word with impunity for years). So like those 4 members of THE SQUAD, I was ordered to come back to from whence I came. East 55th Street, Manhattan.N.Y.C. will hopefully welcome me with open arms.

Hey ADMIN..."Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
wahoomurf,
Welcome back!

IMO, our admin tries to have a light hand in encouraging us to stay semi-civil, not too personal, avoiding obscenities.
And I think that's a good thing, as long as it's indeed a light hand.

We have an alternative optional set of threads where it's the Wild West in how we express ourselves.
Interestingly, that area withered from lack of use.

I don't remember what the word was that you and he disagreed about, however, given your extensive vocabulary, I'm betting you can express yourself plenty forcefully without it! :)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:57 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm boy.....dont I live that
Yep... that is right up there with not being able to overcome beliefs with facts.
You remind me of a frat guy who ended up working for the douche bag media outlet ESPN. He would constantly say he was a much better athlete than me, in everything but lacrosse. Better at soccer (very untrue) hoops (same) tennis (I was beating guys on the Terp varsity, so VERY untrue ) football (flag :lol: , untrue also ) whatever he wanted to be delusional about. What his FACTS were, in his mind. I perfected the stoned, glazed smile and positive head shaking, the smile really a forced shutting of ones mouth, as discussed in this Bill Burr skit: So, don't talk to me about FACTS. But, after months of ignoring this clown, I waited until at least 10-12 of his "supporters" were around, helping with his delusion. (very weird) Anyway, I finally called him out. "ok, lets play tennis. But first, we can start with a 40 yard sprint, right outside. (we knew the distance location for drunken challenges) Then, we run the entire length of CHarles St. ;) , see who wins. Come on buddy, lets start there !"

In front o everyone, he conceded that I would most likely win both, but lets play basketball "RIGHT NOW". Not a bad choice, actually, because the hoops court were within walking distance of the kegs, closest tennis courts (used to be) were next to COLE fh. Half the crowd his supporters, other half mine. All had beer. They watched me take a 9-0 lead, before "athlete man" rolled an ankle, or asthma excuse or whatever, he quit playing.

FF to 5 minutes to start: the smirk starts at 7 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXQTwFwzq8

gee, story telling is FUN. Simple, real life experiences that last a lifetime. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Thanks for blazing the trail, everyone.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:57 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm boy.....dont I live that
Yep... that is right up there with not being able to overcome beliefs with facts.
You remind me of a frat guy who ended up working for the douche bag media outlet ESPN. He would constantly say he was a much better athlete than me, in everything but lacrosse. Better at soccer (very untrue) hoops (same) tennis (I was beating guys on the Terp varsity, so VERY untrue ) football (flag :lol: , untrue also ) whatever he wanted to be delusional about. What his FACTS were, in his mind. I perfected the stoned, glazed smile and positive head shaking, the smile really a forced shutting of ones mouth, as discussed in this Bill Burr skit: So, don't talk to me about FACTS. But, after months of ignoring this clown, I waited until at least 10-12 of his "supporters" were around, helping with his delusion. (very weird) Anyway, I finally called him out. "ok, lets play tennis. But first, we can start with a 40 yard sprint, right outside. (we knew the distance location for drunken challenges) Then, we run the entire length of CHarles St. ;) , see who wins. Come on buddy, lets start there !"

In front o everyone, he conceded that I would most likely win both, but lets play basketball "RIGHT NOW". Not a bad choice, actually, because the hoops court were within walking distance of the kegs, closest tennis courts (used to be) were next to COLE fh. Half the crowd his supporters, other half mine. All had beer. They watched me take a 9-0 lead, before "athlete man" rolled an ankle, or asthma excuse or whatever, he quit playing.

FF to 5 minutes to start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXQTwFwzq8

gee, story telling is FUN. Simple, real life experiences that last a lifetime. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: Thanks for blazing the trail, everyone.

Don’t take it personally....it was a general statement that I have used over time. Unlike most people here, you do rely on facts or data to back up your arguments. That’s how your mind works. There are plenty of other people that have nothing more than a belief. I would be shocked if you could shoot a basketball better than me. But it’s possible.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

MDL: I used "The N Word"...my meager attempt to highlight hypocrisy. OK to feel ,think ,and act on that which that word represents. But NEVER,EVER write or utter that word.

I'm not in the fanlax inner circle and few know me.Ergo, that UGLY word could give rise to the idea I am an inveterate racist.
:roll:
Thanks to the folks that know me and understood!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:00 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:49 am Here's the racist part when it comes to Baltimore: if President Trump thinks it's in such poor shape, where's the money?

He flippantly gave farmers $30+ Billion dollars for no reason. Guess what color they are? (Well, admittedly, the Brazilian and Chinese companies that got a nice hunk of that money weren't even American, but I digress).

So where is the financial help for Baltimore from Trump? Oh, right, they're the wrong color, and don't get his help. They get his derision.
Trump is a racist: https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential ... n-council/
Did you read the EO? Form a fake committee that I'd wager has never met, and provide exactly zero funds. Wow. Impressive. Want to hear my pointless EO while we're at it?

Why didn't Trump write this EO for farmers, and not hand out money if EO's were so swell and actually fixed problems?

For the white farmers? $30+ Billion in cash on the finger, no questions asked. Filled with grift and fraud as you very well know. And it ain't over yet.

My point is don't bring up a problem without a solution if you're POTUS. Doubly so when you have zero----zero---problem cutting checks for other people who are hurting economically. Triply so when the reason that they are hurting is because of Trump's fake trade war with China.

I'm not in the "Trump's a racist" line..it's why I applauded his death penalty quip for Opioids. He has plenty of flaws to keep him busy without worrying about racism.

But his policy of handing out money---$30Billion plus for F's sake---- to white farmers, while in the same breath mocking the economic plight of a largely black city isn't exactly what I'd call cool.....
Interesting comment from Lynne Patton HUD Administrator. I am not sure how to validate this, but maybe some else can. She is saying this administration HAS provided 16 Billion with "B" in grants to Elijah Cummings district...more than any other city.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:24 am
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:49 am Here's the racist part when it comes to Baltimore: if President Trump thinks it's in such poor shape, where's the money?

He flippantly gave farmers $30+ Billion dollars for no reason. Guess what color they are? (Well, admittedly, the Brazilian and Chinese companies that got a nice hunk of that money weren't even American, but I digress).

So where is the financial help for Baltimore from Trump? Oh, right, they're the wrong color, and don't get his help. They get his derision.
Did you read the EO? Form a fake committee that I'd wager has never met, and provide exactly zero funds. Wow. Impressive. Want to hear my pointless EO while we're at it?

Why didn't Trump write this EO for farmers, and not hand out money if EO's were so swell and actually fixed problems?

For the white farmers? $30+ Billion in cash on the finger, no questions asked. Filled with grift and fraud as you very well know. And it ain't over yet.

My point is don't bring up a problem without a solution if you're POTUS. Doubly so when you have zero----zero---problem cutting checks for other people who are hurting economically. Triply so when the reason that they are hurting is because of Trump's fake trade war with China.

I'm not in the "Trump's a racist" line..it's why I applauded his death penalty quip for Opioids. He has plenty of flaws to keep him busy without worrying about racism.

But his policy of handing out money---$30Billion plus for F's sake---- to white farmers, while in the same breath mocking the economic plight of a largely black city isn't exactly what I'd call cool.....
Interesting comment from Lynne Patton HUD Administrator. I am not sure how to validate this, but maybe some else can. She is saying this administration HAS provided 16 Billion with "B" in grants to Elijah Cummings district...more than any other city.
VERY, very silly, stupid claim. False on its face.
Total HUD budget, total, is 44B.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:54 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:33 pm For the white farmers? $30+ Billion in cash on the finger, no questions asked. Filled with grift and fraud as you very well know. And it ain't over yet.
yadayadayada. Did you see the figures Trump quoted re tariff $$ raised on Chinese imports. It dwarfs the farm export relief ?
Then you say -- who pays the tariff ?
Then I say -- there's your consumption tax. yadayadayada.
I am in the multifamily housing development business and this past week we paid $35k in tariff costs to an electrical contractor and another $40k to a granite supplier. This are 1:1 pass through costs, as per our contract with the vendors. These could not have been forecasted or budgeted when we prepared the project proforma back in 2016. As these are just the start of payments, it is killing the bottom line for such baked deals; and making the proforma for present development analysis unprofitable.

I am not Chinese, nor does my company work for China. Just a private family owned business based in Dallas.

Can the r's here give me the name of their contact in China for me to submit a reimbursement; or tell me how I can get welfare checks?

MAGA

:x
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:33 am

Prove her wrong with a link please; the sound of the Jeopardy jingle just started...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am

Don’t take it personally....it was a general statement that I have used over time. Unlike most people here, you do rely on facts or data to back up your arguments. That’s how your mind works. There are plenty of other people that have nothing more than a belief. I would be shocked if you could shoot a basketball better than me. But it’s possible.
I would be shocked too, haven't played since my vertical dropped 66%, from 3 inches to 1.

Defense rues the day for this one. Quick hands, still today. Amazing how quickly they drop below the belly button, when , alone, watching wild things2.

ANd if you're taller, I will concede whatever punishment is required for 1 v 1 fouls, and pinch the heck out of your stomach the first jumpers you take. Become very "flinchy" after that. It's about winning, not how. :D
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

LandM

Post by LandM »

Rcubed
Too damn funny with hand movement bottom side
But it is no autopsy no foul :shock:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:43 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:07 am

I would be shocked too, haven't played since my vertical dropped 66%, from 3 inches to 1.

Defense rues the day for this one. Quick hands, still today. Amazing how quickly they drop below the belly button, when , alone, watching wild things2.

ANd if you're taller, I will concede whatever punishment is required for 1 v 1 fouls, and pinch the heck out of your stomach the first jumpers you take. Become very "flinchy" after that. It's about winning, not how. :D
better to place your foot under the shooter. Nothing worse than a rolled ankle.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:40 am
Prove her wrong with a link please; the sound of the Jeopardy jingle just started...
You want us to validate a claim made by a Trump appointee who's only experience in HUD was that she was an event planner who handled Eric Trump's wedding? :lol:

Pass.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:33 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -help.html

Total of ALL federal money to Baltimore from all programs. Not HUD alone.

Return to “POLITICS”