Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm Not sure that you are a centrist.
I'm to the right on some issues, and to the left on others. Have voted for D's and R's in elections.

I'm most certainly to the right of everyone here save C&S when it comes to fiscal issues.

I'm simply reacting to the silly charge that WaPo and the Times are wildeyed hippies. Both are owned by 1%ers. And 1%ers don't want to rock the boat...they want the party to continue at all costs, and to sell as much cr*p as humanly possible. Hardly a pinko-commie lefty viewpoint.

They are the literal embodiment of "the man".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

;) ;)

“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

I'm old enough to remember when he said Mexico was gonna pay for this turd.

https://apnews.com/5d893d388c254c7fa83a ... SocialFlow
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:52 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm Not sure that you are a centrist.
I'm to the right on some issues, and to the left on others. Have voted for D's and R's in elections.

I'm most certainly to the right of everyone here save C&S when it comes to fiscal issues.

I'm simply reacting to the silly charge that WaPo and the Times are wildeyed hippies. Both are owned by 1%ers. And 1%ers don't want to rock the boat...they want the party to continue at all costs, and to sell as much cr*p as humanly possible. Hardly a pinko-commie lefty viewpoint.

They are the literal embodiment of "the man".
I think it is fair to say that the Post is against Trump's efforts to prevent illegal aliens from entering the U.S.
Live Free or Die!
a fan

Post by a fan »

Question: Why didn't Trump sign immigration reform into law while he and the R's controlled both Houses? Or fund his complete wall in any of the 3 massive spending bills he signed and didn't veto?

I think it's fair to say that Trump is taking you for a ride, and has zero interest in solving the problem. What Trump wants is to campaign to you, and tell you he'll solve the problem.

Hey! Look at that! It's campaign season again, and Trump "forgot" to fix our immigration system in his first two years when he had control of both Houses!

A coincidence and total accident, I'm sure. ;)

As for anyone who's against Trump's policies and concluding "therefore" they are leftists: which of Trump's policies are conservative policies? Surely pretending to solve the problem, and then not actually doing anything about it isn't a "conservative policy"?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

it's as if....as if ...as if THEY were similar. you know, the same. I guess, they are all the same, afterall

https://www.yakimaherald.com/opinion/is ... cd4b1.html
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm Question: Why didn't Trump sign immigration reform into law while he and the R's controlled both Houses? Or fund his complete wall in any of the 3 massive spending bills he signed and didn't veto?

I think it's fair to say that Trump is taking you for a ride, and has zero interest in solving the problem. What Trump wants is to campaign to you, and tell you he'll solve the problem.

Hey! Look at that! It's campaign season again, and Trump "forgot" to fix our immigration system in his first two years when he had control of both Houses!

As for anyone who's against Trump's policies and concluding "therefore" they are leftists: which of Trump's policies are conservative policies? Surely pretending to solve the problem, and then not actually doing anything about it isn't a "conservative policy"?
Perhaps, but the democrats certainly are not going to do anything about it.
Live Free or Die!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:47 pm Question: Why didn't Trump sign immigration reform into law while he and the R's controlled both Houses? Or fund his complete wall in any of the 3 massive spending bills he signed and didn't veto?

He only wants to gin up his base about how the Ds won't do anything about immigration. Never mind that Trump wants to drastically change immigration - he wants to basically limit it to a tiny select few that fit his (racist) model of a US citizen.

Actually legal immigration has been severely limited for quite some time. In the 1800s, when a large number of people came to the US from Europe, for example, there were basically no limits on immigration UNLESS you were from China. And that limitation was partly due to the large number of Chinese imported to work on things like the transcontinental railroad, and the fears of other that arose.

But for roughly the last century the legal immigration has been limited to such a number that it led to an increased number of undocumented aliens coming to the US - and not all from south of the border - a significant number has also come in through legal visitation that has turned into people overstaying their visas.

Another clue that Trump is using this for election purposes: he keeps requesting special dispensation for foreign workers at Mar A Lago, when he could get legal workers from the US. But his preferred source of lighter color imports keeps him from doing that...
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 pm

Perhaps, but the democrats certainly are not going to do anything about it.
Cannot do anything about it because of the Senate Rs and Trump. But I would bet if the Senate came up with something like they passed several years ago (and the R House refused to vote on) the current D House would go along... Ain't happening currently.

And I doubt that Trump actually wants to solve the problem - he just wants to activate his base and squeak through to a second term just like his 2016 election (and hoping for just as much help from outside as he got before to suppress the D vote in the Midwest...)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 pm Perhaps, but the democrats certainly are not going to do anything about it.
That's what Trump wants you to think. It's why he and the R's did absolutely nothing about the border----the issue he got elected on---- and you don't care. You're 100% ready to blame the Dems for why immigration is broken.

If you look back, you'll find I told you this would happen before Trump took office. And here we are, no immigration reform, no repeal and replace of Obamacare....and not only are you still thrilled with Trump, you're acting like the Dems kept him from getting things done.

Just like he likes it. And the Republican will run on this fake issue again in 2022, and 2024, and......

I say fake issue, because they have zero intention of fixing a fairly simple problem.

They want you pointing fingers at the other side, so you won't notice they're fleecing the US Treasury. Have you notice spending is higher than ever, the 1% is richer than ever, and the Federal government is bigger than it has ever been?

And guess what? After blowing another $2.7 Trillion in new spending? Trump and Pelosi have another enormous spending bill in the bullpen.

And you and the rest of your friends who think they are conservative (your comment about lefty media) will applaud when Trump signs the bill. And FoxNews will wave it through as if Trump and the R's had "no choice" but to make government bigger than ever.

And Obamacare will still be law. And the border will be just as porous as it was before Trump took office.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:36 pm Perhaps, but the democrats certainly are not going to do anything about it.
That's what Trump wants you to think. It's why he and the R's did absolutely nothing about the border----the issue he got elected on---- and you don't care. You're 100% ready to blame the Dems for why immigration is broken.

If you look back, you'll find I told you this would happen before Trump took office. And here we are, no immigration reform, no repeal and replace of Obamacare....and not only are you still thrilled with Trump, you're acting like the Dems kept him from getting things done.

Just like he likes it. And the Republican will run on this fake issue again in 2022, and 2024, and......

I say fake issue, because they have zero intention of fixing a fairly simple problem.

They want you pointing fingers at the other side, so you won't notice they're fleecing the US Treasury. Have you notice spending is higher than ever, the 1% is richer than ever, and the Federal government is bigger than it has ever been?

And guess what? After blowing another $2.7 Trillion in new spending? Trump and Pelosi have another enormous spending bill in the bullpen.

And you and the rest of your friends who think they are conservative (your comment about lefty media) will applaud when Trump signs the bill. And FoxNews will wave it through as if Trump and the R's had "no choice" but to make government bigger than ever.

And Obamacare will still be law. And the border will be just as porous as it was before Trump took office.
Yep...look over there while I bend you over.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I agree completely they could have passed damned near everything they wanted in short fashion BUT because half the establishment republicans under Paul Ryan, were not pleased with Trump winning, many stepped away and were not present...furthermore the Russian BS was in full effect and congressman were afraid to go down with the ship....distancing themselves. If you all believe for a moment that had nothing to do with policy and decision efforts by the r majority, then I believe you are being intentionally naive.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:17 pm
No, It's the way it is, a fan.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yup, and this is solely being attributed to, from the article, an "independent researcher" with a website whose acronym stands for: "North Carolinians For Immigration Reform and Enforcement"

It says he sends this data out to hundreds of media sources and politicians (he's in North Carolina, a GOP state), yet he's generally ignored. Wonder why? :roll:

Could it be because he hangs out with white supremacists and his data just isn't credible, even to the GOP folks from the state?

I tried to do some googling to see what I could find, but not much:

https://www.adl.org/news/article/exampl ... nt-in-2013

http://pulse.ncpolicywatch.org/2011/12/ ... ocumented/

This would, of course, be an alarming statistic if actually true. But the validated research in lots and lots of jurisdictions, including nationally, has shown that, if general, undocumented immigrants commit crimes at or less than the rates of native born Americans. I'd be skeptical about suggestions that North Carolina would have a different outcome.

Which isn't to suggest that crimes aren't committed by undocumented immigrants. They are. Just not at higher rates than other folks.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am I agree completely they could have passed damned near everything they wanted in short fashion BUT because half the establishment republicans under Paul Ryan, were not pleased with Trump winning, many stepped away and were not present...furthermore the Russian BS was in full effect and congressman were afraid to go down with the ship....distancing themselves. If you all believe for a moment that had nothing to do with policy and decision efforts by the r majority, then I believe you are being intentionally naive.
Bull hockey.
There was a massive deal on the table, with bi-partisan leadership support, and Trump walked away from it, no one else.
EDIT: Miller, Bannon etc didn't like it despite the $25 Billion for border security (the Wall!). Bad politics according to them.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:45 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:43 pm
Cooter wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:29 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:16 pm Oh, right. I forgot. There's only left and right, and not one single American in the center.
It does seem to be going that way.
From the perspective of partisans-----yes. Agree 100%. The media is paid to divide us, because that's what sells. "Look at what those stupid liberals are doing today" should be the title of most right wing programs. It's certainly what MSNBC's Maddow does.

Meanwhile us centrists think that partisanship in and of itself is the problem, not actual policies.
I don't watch news on TV, never heard of Maddow.
Not sure that you are a centrist.
uhh huh, you get your 'news' from the Epoch Times!
:roll: :lol:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am

I actually don't read the Epoch Times regularly. It is only a weekly newspaper. Sometimes I read it on the potty or pick it up to do the puzzles in it. The article in discussion was on the front page and caught my eye. The data from it is interesting:
In North Carolina, during the past 18 months, more than 331 illegal aliens have been charged with 1,172 child rapes and child sexual assaults, according to data collected by an independent researcher.
Live Free or Die!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:33 am

I actually don't read the Epoch Times regularly. It is only a weekly newspaper. Sometimes I read it on the potty or pick it up to do the puzzles in it. The article in discussion was on the front page and caught my eye. The data from it is interesting:
In North Carolina, during the past 18 months, more than 331 illegal aliens have been charged with 1,172 child rapes and child sexual assaults, according to data collected by an independent researcher.
The "data" is what the anti-immigrant activist says is the data, not validated by anyone else, at least not according to this 'journalistic' rag.

Come on, cooter, you don't come across as that gullible usually.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:29 am No, It's the way it is, a fan.
Great. Then explain why Trump didn't build his wall and seal the border during his two years in power, when the Dems weren't in the way.

Take your time. Dance your way out of an answer.

And ask yourself: Cui bono? Who benefits from the status quo of a broken system.

Hint: how many illegals worked for our President at Mar a Lago alone? You think this is a coincidence?

And you think it's a coincidence that you're here, front and center, ready to blame the Dems..... instead of the party that held both Houses and the White House up until just a few months ago?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:11 am I agree completely they could have passed damned near everything they wanted in short fashion BUT because half the establishment republicans under Paul Ryan, were not pleased with Trump winning, many stepped away and were not present...furthermore the Russian BS was in full effect and congressman were afraid to go down with the ship....distancing themselves. If you all believe for a moment that had nothing to do with policy and decision efforts by the r majority, then I believe you are being intentionally naive.
Great. If there was some major problem in the R Party because of [fill in the nonsense excuse] that was so bad that they couldn't legislate.....explain how they managed to pass not one, not two, but three massive new spending spending bills with no trouble whatsoever?

You guys are really something. A F-ing meteor will hit the Earth, wiping us all out before you'll hold your own freaking party responsible for anything.

Why the F do you boys vote for these idiots your entire lives if all you're going to do is make excuses for why they're literally doing nothing when it's actually time for them to govern?

Obamacare is still law. You don't care.

Immigration is still a mess. You don't care.

Remember the original pitch on taxes? That your return would fit on a postcard? Whoops. You don't care.

Border wall that you all wanted two years ago? Nowhere close to being built. You don't care.

Government bigger than ever. You don't care.

The deficit that was such a national nightmare when a D was in office has exploded. You don't care.

A fourth massive new spending bill is in the bullpen. You don't care.

Return to “POLITICS”