Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

reLAX wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:18 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 am Cooter has been Cooter for as long as I can recall and that goes bs k to the start of LaxPower. Doug May have been an alter ego. There were many of those around but I do t think so.
not one and the same, but coots didn't go back to the beginning of lp... it's an old running thing...
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:09 pm
Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm Did Tillman kick your dog at some point?
Nah, just giving a truthful account of what happens and one day there will be a kid who tape records him. if you think you really know him and the program great for you. I find it amazing that people believe corruption in the police departments or politicians, bad actions in religious organizations or medical malpractice. But god forbid a college lacrosse coach goes over the line ...omg how dare you. The best analogy for Tills is the coach In One on One the 1977 Robbie Benson movie , coach Moreland Smith.
That is a GREAT MOVIE!!!!
1) no, an unbelievable movie!! great pull, realguy. robbie benson probably made me believe i could play college basketball. i'm very sure it doesn't hold up as a movie 100% all these years later, but "all the way with a red hot poker... i can play anywhere i want", is without question a top 10 movie line of all time. and if you're not in on the closing playground scene with the borderline inappropriate girlfriend and the local kid they pull in, with "love conquers all" playing in the background, you are just not in on sports movies.
2) man --- fanlax certainly is the wild west on posted innuendo, considering there's only 4 or 5 active threads going for lacrosse. realguy, while you may have first hand info --- what you're tossing around doesn't have tillman around to defend himself, so if this stuff stays up -- expect pushback in the absence of evidence or corroboration. we'll take the rest with a grain of salt.like the above poster, it's difficult for me to imagine moreland smith pulling you into the office for a quarter scholly, then being run out to the anacostia for faux seal training every morning with your own personal hessian soldier.
3) OR, you must be breaking the code of silence at umd lacrosse that is tighter than any other. watch your back.
That movie made me and my buddies think we could all play in college! One buddy ran into a coach Moreland Smith. He finally quit as a senior. Played in the Big Sky Conference...that was a wild conference.
Point #3 speaks to the total loyalty and respect for the lacrosse alum at UMD. The ones I hear complaining or having anything disparaging to say about the program or Coach Tillman are the PARENTS who have a differing opinion on the playing time their son should be getting. As parents we are not at practice.. we don’t see the day to day effort or lack of it from some players. Have their been players who seem to have a longer rope than others? Yes. Perhaps it’s a trust in the player that he has EARNED. I am not attempting to say it is all rainbows. HOWEVER, I will state from personal experience that coach Tillman is a man who truly cares. He is a gentleman. He has a very tough job managing a lot of inflated egos. He and his staff and his team are a class act. I’m not sure many players or coaches would have handled that UVA non goal goal with such class and poise.
Not sure I can say the same if the situation were reversed or it was Hopkins or ND at that game.
Have your opinion, clearly no one will change that. He helps to shape these young men into amazing people. He teaches tough lessons, which this snowflake generation needs. I’d rather have Cosch Tillman lead in his way than having Petro or corrigan scream in my sons face in such a demeaning way. On camera.
I have never heard anything negative about Coach Tillman and I first met him 20 years ago. He has done a remarkable job at Maryland. You will never have a 48 team roster in any sport where everyone is happy.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

reLAX wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:32 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:43 am
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:18 am
OCanada wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:58 am Cooter has been Cooter for as long as I can recall and that goes bs k to the start of LaxPower. Doug May have been an alter ego. There were many of those around but I do t think so.
not one and the same, but coots didn't go back to the beginning of lp... it's an old running thing...
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:09 pm
Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:00 pm
PulpExposure wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:41 pm Did Tillman kick your dog at some point?
Nah, just giving a truthful account of what happens and one day there will be a kid who tape records him. if you think you really know him and the program great for you. I find it amazing that people believe corruption in the police departments or politicians, bad actions in religious organizations or medical malpractice. But god forbid a college lacrosse coach goes over the line ...omg how dare you. The best analogy for Tills is the coach In One on One the 1977 Robbie Benson movie , coach Moreland Smith.
1) no, an unbelievable movie!! great pull, realguy. robbie benson probably made me believe i could play college basketball. i'm very sure it doesn't hold up as a movie 100% all these years later, but "all the way with a red hot poker... i can play anywhere i want", is without question a top 10 movie line of all time. and if you're not in on the closing playground scene with the borderline inappropriate girlfriend and the local kid they pull in, with "love conquers all" playing in the background, you are just not in on sports movies.
2) man --- fanlax certainly is the wild west on posted innuendo, considering there's only 4 or 5 active threads going for lacrosse. realguy, while you may have first hand info --- what you're tossing around doesn't have tillman around to defend himself, so if this stuff stays up -- expect pushback in the absence of evidence or corroboration. we'll take the rest with a grain of salt.like the above poster, it's difficult for me to imagine moreland smith pulling you into the office for a quarter scholly, then being run out to the anacostia for faux seal training every morning with your own personal hessian soldier.
3) OR, you must be breaking the code of silence at umd lacrosse that is tighter than any other. watch your back.
That movie made me and my buddies think we could all play in college! One buddy ran into a coach Moreland Smith. He finally quit as a senior. Played in the Big Sky Conference...that was a wild conference.
Point #3 speaks to the total loyalty and respect by the lacrosse alum at UMD. The ones I hear complaining or having anything disparaging to say about the program or Coach Tillman are the PARENTS who have a differing opinion on the playing time their son should be getting. As parents we are not at practice.. we don’t see the day to day effort or lack of it from some players. Have there been players who seem to have a longer rope than others? Yes. Perhaps it’s a trust in the player that he has EARNED. I am not attempting to say it is all rainbows. HOWEVER, I will state from personal experience that coach Tillman is a man who truly cares. He is a gentleman. He has a very tough job managing a lot of inflated egos. He and his staff and his team are a class act. I’m not sure many players or coaches would have handled that UVA non goal goal with such class and poise.
Not sure I can say the same if the situation were reversed or it was Hopkins or ND at that game.

Have your opinion, clearly no one will change that. He helps to shape these young men into amazing people. He teaches tough lessons, which this snowflake generation needs. I’d rather have Cosch Tillman lead in his way than having Petro or corrigan scream in my sons face in such a demeaning way. On camera.
it's possible he was also aware they had gotten away with a non-goal goal earlier in the game, identical to one the previous week in an ot playoff win.
ya know, it's possible to back your horse without shooting the others in the race.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Did Tillman kick your dog at some point?
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Point #3 speaks to the total loyalty and respect by the lacrosse alum at UMD. The ones I hear complaining or having anything disparaging to say about the program or Coach Tillman are the PARENTS who have a differing opinion on the playing time their son should be getting. As parents we are not at practice.. we don’t see the day to day effort or lack of it from some players. Have there been players who seem to have a longer rope than others? Yes. Perhaps it’s a trust in the player that he has EARNED. I am not attempting to say it is all rainbows. HOWEVER, I will state from personal experience that coach Tillman is a man who truly cares. He is a gentleman. He has a very tough job managing a lot of inflated egos. He and his staff and his team are a class act. I’m not sure many players or coaches would have handled that UVA non goal goal with such class and poise.

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]it's possible he was also aware they had gotten away with a non-goal goal earlier in the game, identical to one the previous week in an ot playoff win.
ya know, it's possible to back your horse without shooting the others in the race.
[/quote]

Good advice wgdsr. He makes some very reasonable and convincing points but then blows it at all at the end with the same old insecure barbs at their Rivals.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

"blue angels"
Did Tillman kick your dog at some point

it's possible he was also aware they had gotten away with a non-goal goal earlier in the game, identical to one the previous week in an ot playoff win.

Good advice wgdsr. He make some very reasonable and convincing points but then blows it at all the end with the same old self serving barbs.

Most of us here at fanlax (*I just conducted an online poll...no, really) are with ReLAX on this one, for many reasons, the first being that Blue Angels does not yet know how to quote-reply on a thread, making it just painful figuring out what he actually wrote. Second, this thread started with an absurd claim from Realguy1, the one disgruntled player from UMD in the last 10 years, so anyone who even partially comes down on his side is (by default!) discounted. Third, can anyone really accept UVA's NC from last year after their clearly compromised win versus a clearly more talented Terp squad? No? I did not think so.

I say UVA should be on near death penalty NCAA status for stealing that game.

I should probably put this emoji in in case the Wahoo crazies come calling for my head: ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Wgdsr. I was not being literal. I simply meant back a long time. Sorry if I was misleading
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:10 pm
"blue angels"
Did Tillman kick your dog at some point

Good advice wgdsr. He make some very reasonable and convincing points but then blows it at all the end with the same old self serving barbs.

Most of us here at fanlax (*I just conducted an online poll...no, really) are with ReLAX on this one, for many reasons, the first being that Blue Angels does not yet know how to quote-reply on a thread, making it just painful figuring out what he actually wrote. Second, this thread started with an absurd claim from Realguy1, the one disgruntled player from UMD in the last 10 years, so anyone who even partially comes down on his side is (by default!) discounted. Third, can anyone really accept UVA's NC from last year after their clearly compromised win versus a clearly more talented Terp squad? No? I did not think so.

I say UVA should be on near death penalty NCAA status for stealing that game.

I should probably put this emoji in in case the Wahoo crazies come calling for my head: ;)
Down Town Stinky Brown will there other disgruntled UMD players now that HE over recruited again . And to say someone is the only disgruntled player in the last 10 years , how many AA's transferred from their respective schools in the last 5 years. Albany has 1 and Terps have 2.. Cannizzaro and Neufeldt. Neufeldt bouncing to do his last year clear across the country was a bit telling don't you think and probably makes the Terps National Champs last year because the other LSM's couldn't compare to him. With all his great recruiting he had to play a ssdm with a pole at the end of the year on base D. As far as Terps being better than UVA that fateful day, UMD got their you know what kicked in in almost every stat.
Typical Lax Dad

Neufeldt graduated and took his 5th year somewhere else. I don’t count graduates as transfers.
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

Still could have stayed if he wanted to and the fact that he left says a mouthful.
Typical Lax Dad

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm Still could have stayed if he wanted to and the fact that he left says a mouthful.
A friend’s son did his 5th year at GTown. His coaches told him that having spent 4 years on campus, he should not feel like he owes them anything and going somewhere else for graduate school would be good for him. He was the best player on the team and he was a captain. For some reason you think Matt was unhappy and left? Was it playing time?
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:14 pm Down Town Stinky Brown will there other disgruntled UMD players now that HE over recruited again . And to say someone is the only disgruntled player in the last 10 years , how many AA's transferred from their respective schools in the last 5 years. Albany has 1 and Terps have 2.. Cannizzaro and Neufeldt. Neufeldt bouncing to do his last year clear across the country was a bit telling don't you think and probably makes the Terps National Champs last year because the other LSM's couldn't compare to him. With all his great recruiting he had to play a ssdm with a pole at the end of the year on base D. As far as Terps being better than UVA that fateful day, UMD got their you know what kicked in in almost every stat.
Cannizzaro wasn't an All-American at UMd

Peter Conley from Georgetown to Duke
Scanlan and Gray transferred this year.
Live Free or Die!
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Matt Neufeldt explains how he end up at Denver
https://letsgodu.com/2019/03/01/marylan ... th-denver/
“It’s a funny situation,” Neufeldt said. “I didn’t even think I would use my fifth year. I had the job lined up and was ready to start. Fortunately, my high school coach [Jon Posner at the Culver Military Academy] and [Denver head coach Bill Tierney] have a great relationship so he put me in contact [with Tierney]. The transition itself couldn’t have gone any better. They’ve welcomed me here with open arms.”
Typical Lax Dad

AreaLax wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:42 pm Matt Neufeldt explains how he end up at Denver
https://letsgodu.com/2019/03/01/marylan ... th-denver/
“It’s a funny situation,” Neufeldt said. “I didn’t even think I would use my fifth year. I had the job lined up and was ready to start. Fortunately, my high school coach [Jon Posner at the Culver Military Academy] and [Denver head coach Bill Tierney] have a great relationship so he put me in contact [with Tierney]. The transition itself couldn’t have gone any better. They’ve welcomed me here with open arms.”
Thanks. That’s a nice story.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm
Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:14 pm Down Town Stinky Brown will there other disgruntled UMD players now that HE over recruited again . And to say someone is the only disgruntled player in the last 10 years , how many AA's transferred from their respective schools in the last 5 years. Albany has 1 and Terps have 2.. Cannizzaro and Neufeldt. Neufeldt bouncing to do his last year clear across the country was a bit telling don't you think and probably makes the Terps National Champs last year because the other LSM's couldn't compare to him. With all his great recruiting he had to play a ssdm with a pole at the end of the year on base D. As far as Terps being better than UVA that fateful day, UMD got their you know what kicked in in almost every stat.

Please know what you are talking about if going to make these “disgruntled “ comments. Conley graduated from Georgetown. He had a red shirt year. Both sides tried to make it happen but he left as Georgetown only had a two year program, Duke had a one year. Granted he was thrilled to play at Duke and play on Memorial Day but the reason he played his RS year was due to graduate opportunities not being “disgruntled “
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

HGK25 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:40 pm
Cooter wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Please know what you are talking about if going to make these “disgruntled “ comments. Conley graduated from Georgetown. He had a red shirt year. Both sides tried to make it happen but he left as Georgetown only had a two year program, Duke had a one year. Granted he was thrilled to play at Duke and play on Memorial Day but the reason he played his RS year was due to graduate opportunities not being “disgruntled “
I never said anything about Conley being disgruntled, but he was an AA transfer.
Live Free or Die!
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Realguy's shifting rationales....from Tillman being a petty, nasty guy who processes players....to recruiting over players...now to Neufeldt taking a 5th year somewhere else and Connor wanting to play with his brother at DU.

Because no other program ever has transfers at all. Because no other coach tries to recruit as much talent as possible to his program. Because only Maryland has disgruntled players who get passed over by younger players. Because seniors with an extra year always stay at their school. Only Tillman and only Maryland, right?

Someone go check out Curtis Zappala's story and what Tillman did for him.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Wheels wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:44 pm Realguy's shifting rationales....from Tillman being a petty, nasty guy who processes players....to recruiting over players...now to Neufeldt taking a 5th year somewhere else and Connor wanting to play with his brother at DU.

Because no other program ever has transfers at all. Because no other coach tries to recruit as much talent as possible to his program. Because only Maryland has disgruntled players who get passed over by younger players. Because seniors with an extra year always stay at their school. Only Tillman and only Maryland, right?

+1
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wheels wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:44 pm Realguy's shifting rationales....from Tillman being a petty, nasty guy who processes players....to recruiting over players...now to Neufeldt taking a 5th year somewhere else and Connor wanting to play with his brother at DU.

And Zappala is doing just fine.
At U of Colorado Boulder presumably going for an M.S. — and even found time to play on the Colorado club team.

http://mcla.us/player/50144/curtis_zappala.html
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

What did Tillman do for Zappala.. not hogtie him and hold him hostage.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:03 pm What did Tillman do for Zappala.. not hogtie him and hold him hostage.
Supported him long after he enrolled at Drexel. You should read up on it.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Lots of transfers these days, it is just becoming the new normal. Personally I think it is fine, you only get four/five years, there is no real money as a pro. Let them be happy and play where they want.

The one that seems strange to me is the a freshman starter leaving Georgetown to go to Maryland where they have several high level goaltenders. I hope it works out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”