The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: SCOTUS

Post by tech37 »

Lax Fidelis wrote:Thanks to both seacoaster and dislaxxic for reminding everyone that Sen. Turkey Wattles turned the SCOTUS nomination process into a totally politically process which may never be restored to something even resembling what it used to be.
Sure sounds like an obvious case of "whataboutism" to me...isn't that the term the hypocrats on here always use to discredit? :roll:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote:
Lax Fidelis wrote:Thanks to both seacoaster and dislaxxic for reminding everyone that Sen. Turkey Wattles turned the SCOTUS nomination process into a totally politically process which may never be restored to something even resembling what it used to be.
Sure sounds like an obvious case of "whataboutism" to me...isn't that the term the hypocrats on here always use to discredit? :roll:
Nope, not so much. I am not sure if you dodge the point willfully, or just plain old miss it. Hoodat described the blood sport politics of this Supreme Court nomination process; we just pointed out that the politics here are little more than a continuation of the Garland business, which was a continuation of previous troubling tussles. But at least "hypocrats" shows your true color, which, for all of your purported "moderation," is Red.

Again, folks, I ask: if you favor Kavanaugh's nomination, can anyone say why? Is it just more "sticking it to the libs"? Or is there a result or two that you think he will secure, and if so what is it?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote:
tech37 wrote:
Nope, not so much. I am not sure if you dodge the point willfully, or just plain old miss it. Guess you missed my post days ago regarding, IMO, whether K should be confirmed or not. Hoodat described the blood sport politics of this Supreme Court nomination process; we just pointed out that the politics here are little more than a continuation of the Garland business, which was a continuation of previous troubling tussles. Lawyerspeak BS But at least "hypocrats" shows your true color, which, for all of your purported "moderation," is Red. No nuance here on your part counselor...you need not be "red" to be disgusted with the so-called "blue wave."

As to your earlier post...1000 Professors!...big surprise with the progressive culture on campus these days. :roll: No one polled working lawyers and where they stand? I'm sure there are easily 1000+ pro-K "working" lawyers out there. BTW, how many lawyers are there in this country?...sheesh.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

CLOTURE. CLOTURE. CLOTURE. CLOTURE. Seven FBI background checks- All Clean. That must be a record??? hahahahahaha. Looks like we got some Perjury charges coming for those lying women!

KAVANAUGH WILL BE THE NEXT SC JUSTICE

TRUMP IS YOUR PRESIDENT
ang7 headbang bootys
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Again, folks, I ask: if you favor Kavanaugh's nomination, can anyone say why? Is it just more "sticking it to the libs"? Or is there a result or two that you think he will secure, and if so what is it?
This article does a decent job at showing his body work on a multitude of topics and where he stands. Sure, we each can read into these with our own prejudice, but his body of work and legal aptitude are really not in question, other than he leans right.

This Article does a nice job from GW Law School to hear BK speak on how he rules, for instance on page 25 in an Q&A round table he states:

JUDGE KAVANAUGH: I think on the history—and when I say
history, we’re talking about what happened in the summer of 1787 as
well as the English history, where it came from and also going into the
ratification debates, to try to figure out what the words meant.
But ultimately, one of my theses is that the words actually tell us
a lot more than we often assume, that they’re not so complicated. It’s
not mystifying to actually read this and get some meaning out of it.
One of the things I say in a lot of cases is don’t snatch the ambiguity
from clarity, whether it’s a regulation, a statute, or a constitutional
provision, because it tells us more than we sometimes assume.
On the compromises and recognizing though, for me, when you
recognize the compromise, it’s all the more reason to stick to the
words because if you go—there’s going to be two sides to that, and
there’s going to be history that pushes both sides. And you’ll see
often times in cases one side’s historical debate quotes “and the Framers
meant this to mean X.” Well, actually the provision was a compromise
between people who wanted one way and people who wanted
another, and you’re just quoting one side.
The point being be careful about even The Federalist, I’d say,
point of view. That’s not the authoritative interpretation of the words.
You’ve got to be careful about some of the ratification debates.
You’ve got to be careful about different people at the Convention itself.
They had different views.
So when there’s compromise, all the more reason for me to stick
as close as you can to what the text says

In the same article above the author compares him to Scalia...To a striking degree, Judge Kavanaugh’s 2011 remarks suggest that his judicial philosophy most closely resembles that of the late Justice Antonin Scalia, a frequent ally of Justice Thomas.
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Thanks YA, good article and great little excerpt from the Roundtable. I'll read it later today. Seriously, much appreciated.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Feels like this will go through, despite the known lies and demeanor.
"no corroboration" doesn't mean "refuted" but the way this has been defined is that multiple sexual assault allegations "not corroborated" are not enough to prevent R Senators from confirming.

Heck, 56% of R's polled say that even if it was proven that he assaulted Ford and Ramirez, Kav should be confirmed.

That's where we are.

What's even more appalling is that Trumpists cheer "Lock her up" when an admitted sexual assaulter POTUS mocks a woman who has made a credible claim of having been assaulted.

Looking at the polls this week, it looks like this issue has energized and inflamed R's, especially white men and non-college educated white women, such that the 'blue wave' may not happen at all.

Of course, a week is an eternity these days and there's a full month before voters go to the polls. So, stay tuned.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MD your shortsightedness (or perhaps mine ;) ) is oozing out. Just take a look for yourself..https://video.foxnews.com/v/58440311670 ... show-clips
Her Website Moms March Movement: http://momsmarchusa.com/author/admin/
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:Feels like this will go through, despite the known lies and demeanor.
"no corroboration" doesn't mean "refuted" but the way this has been defined is that multiple sexual assault allegations "not corroborated" are not enough to prevent R Senators from confirming.

Heck, 56% of R's polled say that even if it was proven that he assaulted Ford and Ramirez, Kav should be confirmed.

That's where we are.

What's even more appalling is that Trumpists cheer "Lock her up" when an admitted sexual assaulter POTUS mocks a woman who has made a credible claim of having been assaulted.

Looking at the polls this week, it looks like this issue has energized and inflamed R's, especially white men and non-college educated white women, such that the 'blue wave' may not happen at all.

Of course, a week is an eternity these days and there's a full month before voters go to the polls. So, stay tuned.
Lies and Demeanor? What are you talking about? Ford and her lies and her "baby talk"? I know better than that. You saying uneducated white men and women are energized is such a bigoted statement from someone who acts holier than thou. I didn't know Dartmouth taught you so much hatred. Once again proving liberalism is a hate filled ideology. It is crap like this that got Trump elected in the first place. You called us 'deplorables' and we showed up and he won an electoral landslide. The Democrats are so dumb. Doubling down is the worst thing they could do. They are going to get pounded at the polls this fall.

Kav did not lie. Imagine someone falsely accused you of something you did not do. You and your family got dragged through the mud by the media and opposition party. How would you react? Cower in the corner and just be okay with it? Kav did exactly what he should have. His attitude and response is exactly what I would hope from someone wanting to serve on the supreme court. He stood up for justice and the rule of law. Why are you always butt hurt about something untrue? Stop being biased and see the truth for once. Start dealing in FACTS. Not EMOTIONS
Last edited by Bandito on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The FBI has reaffirmed Kavanaugh’s virginity.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DMac

Post by DMac »

An IMO might add a little credibility to your post(s), dito. Here are some facts, you weren't there, you don't know with certainty who is or isn't lying, but you believe Keg isn't.
Many of his colleagues who were there and witnessed his behavior say he did lie (not talking about the Ford claims here). I think it's been established that Keg has been less than forthcoming during this interview.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K52E_A1lHAQ
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Heck if drinking beer disqualifies you for a life in politics, guess who the most qualified is?

DONALD TRUMP. He does not consume alcohol.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

DMac wrote:An IMO might add a little credibility to your post(s), dito. Here are some facts, you weren't there, you don't know with certainty who is or isn't lying, but you believe Keg isn't.
Many of his colleagues who were there and witnessed his behavior say he did lie (not talking about the Ford claims here). I think it's been established that Keg has been less than forthcoming during this interview.
Ford lied plain and simple. Kav did not. If he did, the FBI would have found that out. Again, just because someone says something doesn't mean it is true. Man must suck to be on the losing end of everything!
Kav will be the next SCOTUS Justice. Nothing you say or post matters. Sucks to suck loser.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Trinity wrote:The FBI has reaffirmed Kavanaugh’s virginity.
For the 7th time!!

Good morning honkey!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bandito wrote:Heck if drinking beer disqualifies you for a life in politics, guess who the most qualified is?

You miss the point completely.
I'll wait until it's past your bedtime again to come back, the discussion was civil and reasonable while people expressed their opinions in your absence. You're the only one who gets off on the childish name calling and sophomoric behavior. The thread is yours, entertain yourself.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Bandito wrote:
For the 7th time!!

Good morning honkey!
No e in honky. C'mon now. You of all air-breathers should know better. Get it right1 bang
Last edited by wahoomurf on Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

DMac wrote:
Bandito wrote:Heck if drinking beer disqualifies you for a life in politics, guess who the most qualified is?

You miss the point completely.
I'll wait until it's past your bedtime again to come back, the discussion was civil and reasonable while people expressed their opinions in your absence. You're the only one who gets off on the childish name calling and sophomoric behavior. The thread is yours, entertain yourself.
Uneducated white women is name calling and very bigoted. Go get mad at MDLax.

Ok see yea later. You won't be missed.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

ang11 . Alt Facts Conway was treated like a Faberge egg.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Bandito wrote:
DMac wrote:An IMO might add a little credibility to your post(s), dito. Here are some facts, you weren't there, you don't know with certainty who is or isn't lying, but you believe Keg isn't.
Ford lied plain and simple. Kav did not. If he did, the FBI would have found that out. Again, just because someone says something doesn't mean it is true. Man must suck to be on the losing end of everything!
Kav will be the next SCOTUS Justice. Nothing you say or post matters. Sucks to suck loser.
A group representing 100,000 congregations and 45 million churchgoers across an array of Christian denominations in the U.S. has called for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be withdrawn.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:
For the 7th time!!

Good morning honkey!
Buenos dias, Manuel! You were right!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”

Return to “POLITICS”