2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2020 Elections - A Reckoning

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote
I don't recall the 'formula' that was once used,
The one drop rule.
TLD wrote
If most people here didn’t know her and ran into Kamala at a grocery store, I don’t think they would think she was anything other than another black lady.
I absolutely would not see Kamala as "another black lady". No more so than I'd see the Great Cocker as a Great Dane. Wouldn't see her as a Swede, but likely a Latino.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

DMac wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:21 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote
The one drop rule.
TLD wrote
If most people here didn’t know her and ran into Kamala at a grocery store, I don’t think they would think she was anything other than another black lady.
I absolutely would not see Kamala as "another black lady". No more so than I'd see the Great Cocker as a Great Dane. Wouldn't see her as a Swede, but likely a Latino.
I see Kamala as not Trump...all the rest is noise.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

How bizarre our nation has become when the Republicans can get elected then suggest another four years, an individual that’s a habitual liar, philanderer, accused rapist, con man, lazy incompetent self style dictator boob with the most embarrassing hairdo yet the other party somehow has to summon up the perfect storm of a candidate, an almost mythical being of impeccable virtue, knowledge and compassion.
DMac

Post by DMac »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm A wet bird never flies at night.
Nope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C6HcEQWM70
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Look at how far we have fallen

The only pieces missing are the bootlickers.
“I wish you would!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

im glad to see open discussion about such a sensitive topic as race.

i personally think we are all the same- regardless of color. the human race.

however, im not sure others agree. academia, corporate america, entertainment, the government, etc, all discriminate based on color. private citizens too. an admission that perhaps we are not the same???
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The history of black people and white people in this country is definitely not the same.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Not quite the same as those living on the reservations either, but I don't think that's what the Chairman was getting at.
I don't think the race issue will ever become a non issue until we're all brown, unless of course you've got slanted eyes.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/c ... 131207347/
If everyone grew up on a military base where the population is the definition of diversity, I think we'd get over our differences (in appearnce) much quicker. It just aint no big deal to military brats (was talking with the son of a retired Marine not too long ago and while talking about some of the advantages of being a military brat it was he who said, "and you don't grow up to be a racists either") where Tiger Woods and Sierra Deaton types aren't at all uncommon. Who is Sierra Deaton, you say? The daughter of a Navy pilot and Vietnamese mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxIZuPB9U4g
Sad ending, folks...those two are no longer together.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

i agree- the history is not the same.

which begs the question (to which there really is no answer)- to what degree do we then discriminate?
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

CU77 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:09 am The history of black people and white people in this country is definitely not the same.
And the history of "white" people in this country is all the same? Not even close. Sad that you would write such thoughts. Who did all the labor in Virginia in the 1600's ?

Obama's and Kamala's forefathers "black" experience the same ? Ignorance.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:53 am
And the history of "white" people in this country is all the same? Not even close. Sad that you would write such thoughts. Who did all the labor in Virginia in the 1600's ?
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you know "this country", as you put it, didn't exist in the 1600's, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

John Delaney is a (D) candidate that neverTrumper (R)'s should cross over & support.

https://kcts9.org/programs/firing-line- ... es/2019302
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm
Not to put too fine a point on it, but you know "this country", as you put it, didn't exist in the 1600's, right?
probably IS to fine a point. Do we start in 1775? Or when the Constitution was ratified, and the first session under it, in 1789? Or, when the 48th terroritory became a state? Or, when we added , the imperialists that we are, Palinaska or Tulsi Gabbards homeland? You know, all FIFTY states.

when can we start?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Re: 2020 Elections - TULSI

Post by runrussellrun »

How can you NOT like this candidate? TULSI GABBARD is the ONLY choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwlB8udp0bs
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote
The one drop rule.
TLD wrote
Funny re not seeing Harris as 'black'. I know quite a few 'black' women of various complexions and likely mixed heritages. All of them would self-identify with the 'black experience' in America, none would deny their African roots as part of their ethnic heritage. BTW, quite a few latinos have some or a lot of African heritage, so perhaps that's what you're 'seeing'.

But I'd agree that I wouldn't see her simply as 'another black lady'.
She's too attractive looking (to my eyes) to simply be "another" anything.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:41 pm im glad to see open discussion about such a sensitive topic as race.

i personally think we are all the same- regardless of color. the human race.

however, im not sure others agree. academia, corporate america, entertainment, the government, etc, all discriminate based on color. private citizens too. an admission that perhaps we are not the same???
No, an admission that human beings, like most animals, are naturally 'tribal'. We perceive safety when within our 'tribe'. We perceive danger when 'others' encroach.

Same for a 'troop' of monkeys, a 'pride' of lions, etc. This instinct is not for the species, but rather for our own 'troop' or 'pride', because we compete as such for scarce resources.

Humans typically 'discriminate' their 'tribe' on the basis of visual cues, the color of our jerseys. Boston hates New York, etc. We fly flags, we sing songs, we recite pledges of allegiance. We pray together communally and wear garb signaling conformity. We look for cues of the "Other".

We receive instinctual psychic gratification when our 'team' wins, we are fearful of our 'team' losing.

We feel lost and vulnerable when we have no 'tribe', no 'team', no 'troop'.

"Race" has been an evolving construct, with definitions of 'difference' evolving over millennia, but particularly over the last two hundred years.

You are quite right, of course, that we should see humans as 'all the same', as we are certainly more so than not, but unfortunately that doesn't neatly fit with the human instinct to need a 'troop' with which to identify.

So, racism exists.
DMac

Post by DMac »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote
The one drop rule.
TLD wrote
Funny re not seeing Harris as 'black'. I know quite a few 'black' women of various complexions and likely mixed heritages. All of them would self-identify with the 'black experience' in America, none would deny their African roots as part of their ethnic heritage. BTW, quite a few latinos have some or a lot of African heritage, so perhaps that's what you're 'seeing'.

But I'd agree that I wouldn't see her simply as 'another black lady'.
She's too attractive looking (to my eyes) to simply be "another" anything.
Which one is the Black lady, which one is the Latino lady?
That's why I wouldn't see Kamala as a Black lady.
runrussellrun

Re: 2020 Elections - TULSI

Post by runrussellrun »

A very sad day:

walking the goldens this morning, ran into a nice enough person who worked in the environmental impact studies field. Never met this person, but they were open to listening and discussing their field of work. Open to listening to alternative viewpoints. (they loved offshore wind )

When the issue of Tulsi Gabbard came up, this person went into the MSM talking points about how she's "done".

Why is Tulsi Gabbard "done". (not considered a viable candidate )

Because of bigotry. This person sited Gabbard's husband being a certain religion. Guess he's a hari krishna, or Hindu extremist, or .......they weren't sure.

Well, being the same arsehole in real life too, (not just on this website, others ) I did ask if that's NOT considered bigotry? Stating that our religious freedoms are just that.

So, to be clear, Tulsi Gabbard can't be President, even though this person agrees, and strongly, with ending the MIC welfare machine, b/c her husband has a non-mainstream religion?

So, a normal progressive, environmentalist, discounts a candidate based on religion.

Just sad.

At least this person didn't know about the usual MSM bull-dung narrative about Gabbards Sryia-Assad "apologist" stuff.

Anyone see that war monger meghan mccain seeth at Tulsi when on the VIEW.

( I would insert a john mccain style joke about her fattness, but, I have class. Unlike her dad )

Now that TULSI is making progress, having an impact, meghan is changing her tune? :o :o

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/meghan ... ial-debate
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:22 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:59 pm
probably IS to fine a point. Do we start in 1775? Or when the Constitution was ratified, and the first session under it, in 1789? Or, when the 48th terroritory became a state? Or, when we added , the imperialists that we are, Palinaska or Tulsi Gabbards homeland? You know, all FIFTY states.

when can we start?
If this is a serious question, the birth of America---in other words, the Federal government---- is when the Constitution was ratified and put into effect. Until then, we were a collection of colonies living under their own rules.

Return to “POLITICS”