AOC

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: AOC

Post by LandM »

Afan
I paid my employees full health care including same sex benefits and matched at 6% there 401k contributions. I also did options based on performance. There are a few satisfied people walking around Upstate NY and FL. A few years I did not take a paycheck. I visited Little Bighorn Battlefield so your arrows I believe are wrongly directed.

The green new deal has not been detailed nor how it will be paid for. I think you should use Germany as an example of what not to do.

I grew up a poor kid and I made it. I have little sympathy for people who like to whine. Anyone can do it which IMHO is the beauty of this great country, warts and all.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Reality is that not everyone can do it for all mi da of reasons. The research is over-whelming. Congratulations o your accomplishment and the way you treated you employees
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:39 pm I grew up a poor kid and I made it. I have little sympathy for people who like to whine. Anyone can do it which IMHO is the beauty of this great country, warts and all.
You seem to be implying that the reason you "made it" is that unlike every other first world nation, our government doesn't provide health care or advanced education/training for its citizens.

Do I have this right? In other words, if the Federal government provides health care and education for its citizens, it will slow or stop economic mobility.

Again: do I have your position correct?

Btw, there isn't a country in the world where I can point to a small group of citizens who "made it". You understand that, yes? Russia, Japan, Sweden, Haiti, Cuba...even N Korea has elites who started with nothing. The fact that you and I "made it" says nothing about the economic system we're in.

When you start talking about the population as a whole "making it"? That's where the rubber meets the road.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Afan
Nope not at all. This country is very generous. The people are very generous and willing to give. So no anyone can make it if they want to. Read the man in the ring by Teddy Roosevelt- powerful. How you made it in the alcohol trade - congrats. We have until I am dead apple pie moonshine as we did not make it because of the distribution laws instead of whining just drinking allot of apple pie :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:08 pm Afan
Nope not at all. This country is very generous. The people are very generous and willing to give. So no anyone can make it if they want to. Read the man in the ring by Teddy Roosevelt- powerful. How you made it in the alcohol trade - congrats. We have until I am dead apple pie moonshine as we did not make it because of the distribution laws instead of whining just drinking allot of apple pie :D
You think people in this country don’t make because they don’t want to? That’s all it takes is to want to no longer be poor? I would not want to live anywhere else on the planet but I know it takes more for some people than just “wanting” it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD
Nope
I would rather tax dollars go to mental health, peace Corp, inter-city kids and the drug crisis. I do not believe, that anyone does not want to make it and for clarification the person picks their making it - that could be a job and family or be the first to graduate from college or serve in the military or to coach a kid who gets to college.

I would rather see money and time spent on mentoring, coaching and development. I do not believe anyone starts out with the assumption they cannot make it but we do have issues with mentoring those in bad situations that can make it

I believe we live in a country where if you direct and assist the good hearted people who live in it can make it happen. That is all
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm TLD
Nope
I would rather tax dollars go to mental health, peace Corp, inter-city kids and the drug crisis. I do not believe, that anyone does not want to make it and for clarification the person picks their making it - that could be a job and family or be the first to graduate from college or serve in the military or to coach a kid who gets to college.

I would rather see money and time spent on mentoring, coaching and development. I do not believe anyone starts out with the assumption they cannot make it but we do have issues with mentoring those in bad situations that can make it

I believe we live in a country where if you direct and assist the good hearted people who live in it can make it happen. That is all
I agree.
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm I believe we live in a country where if you direct and assist the good hearted people who live in it can make it happen. That is all
Careful, you sound just like Bernie and AOC here..... ;)
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:49 pm
LandM wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:32 pm I believe we live in a country where if you direct and assist the good hearted people who live in it can make it happen. That is all
That vast majority of people aren’t standing online waiting for the government to cut them a check. Most would rather have good job prospects instead of just scraping by. How many people aspire to just eek out an existence?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:13 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:57 am Got some news for you Dito, you've never put anyone in their place here....only between your ears where there's a whole lot of space.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
What’s funny is that you actually think the president and his supporters are racist. That’s how brain dead you are.

Only in America could a racist president help black men and women increase startups by over 400% AND bring their unemployment level to a record low. That bastard!
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 pm
That vast majority of people aren’t standing online waiting for the government to cut them a check. Most would rather have good job prospects instead of just scraping by. How many people aspire to just eek out an existence?
Think you've got to define scraping by and eeking out. I think the folks in Norway, for example, are living fairly comfortable and happy lives.
I saw a show quite a number of years back about this subject. Can't remember the country but it was a doctor and his wife being interviewed. When it came to money (eek out/scraping by) his response was, look around you at how we live (was a very nice place he/they had). I remember him saying, sure, in the US we might have a bigger house (all about the image, ya know), two Mercedes and a Denali in the drive way rather than just one BMW, but we're pretty happy with what we've got. Paraphrasing there, but that's pretty much what he said.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Can't believe how far left you've moved.

Bernie and AOC aren't interested in directing anybody.

They want to MAKE everybody do what Bernie and AOC want done cause Bernie and AOC are smarter than all of us.

And this crap about just a few MAKING IT here just like everywhere else. BS.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

I can take you to any neighborhood at all points of the compass around this city and show them to you.

Currently there's 50,000 in LA living on the street spreading disease and filth. That number keeps growing. Odd.

Thousands more in San Fran Cisco.

The school district here is serving 3 meals a day—to kids who are on vacation for the summer—Because we're afraid their parents ON FOOD STAMPS won't feed thank at all.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Bandito wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:35 am
runrussellrun wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:15 am
Bandito wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:23 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:17 pm A few years back when people criticized Palin the Alaska dunce, righties said that is because everyone was afraid of her as she was some kind of "threat" to them. Well now, years later it is the righties who are criticizing AOC. Obviously because her intelligence and boldness represent a threat to their delusionalism.
No, lefties hate Palin because she is a conservative woman who has traditional values. They can’t stand any minority or woman who isn’t a Democrat. White liberals are some of the most intolerant people I’ve ever interacted with. The media machine attacked her and her children, whereas they give AOC a pass, showing time and again their liberal bias and agenda.

AOC is precisely what happens when liberalism succeeds. It produces brainwashed individuals who have no idea how the real world works. It creates victimization and when it doesn’t go her way she cries racism. She obviously didn’t learn anything at that liberal hellhole Boston U. She is the most unintelligent person I’ve ever seen. She won’t win re-election and if Dems latch onto her, it’s gonna be a huge landslide for Trump in 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bandito.....

....NOTHING ?????

todays joke:

What is the difference between AOC and republicans?

NOTHING.

And....YOU, bandito......can't comment about it. you got nothing.
I’m a busy man putting the lunatic leftists on here in their place. I don’t have time to deal with your stupid posts
that last sentence reads almost identical to what "other" posters write. What is it with the HOpkins posters and having a dozen or so different names.

Regardless, wondering what is stupid about providing facts? AOC did, I repeat, DID vote along with ALL republicans in the bill mentioned. That should bother you bandito.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am
I can take you to any neighborhood at all points of the compass around this city and show them to you.

Currently there's 50,000 in LA living on the street spreading disease and filth. That number keeps growing. Odd.

The school district here is serving 3 meals a day—to kids who are on vacation for the summer—Because we're afraid their parents ON FOOD STAMPS won't feed thank at all.
1) That's the "vast majority"?

2) growing up that's what "they aspired to"?
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:03 am

1) That's the "vast majority"? 98.75% of the people in LA are not living on the street.

2) growing up that's what "those homeless people aspired to"?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Afan
Do not confuse me with my wife :D

For 4 weeks now I have been ankle bit daily about my VA form to receive 70% medical disability. Had I stayed for the PTSD portion it would be 100. I refuse to sign the paperwork as I signed up to do A and I received from the taxpayer B. Now 30 some years later I get to get free stuff nope we had a contract and both parties got what they wanted so the paper my go flying in Washington.

No one is gonna b$tch about paying for college or Trade school as long as you pay it back and it does not have to be through student loans. Go teach and mentor inter-city kids or go join the peace corps and bring good will to this country. There is IMHO a way to cost benefit that trade.

TLD
Volunteer at your local VA or inter-city homeless shelter if you have the time or maybe you do. In my experience the issues are mental and we need to do a better job addressing them.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 am Afan

For 4 weeks now I have been ankle bit daily about my VA form to receive 70% medical disability. Had I stayed for the PTSD portion it would be 100. I refuse to sign the paperwork as I signed up to do A and I received from the taxpayer B. Now 30 some years later I get to get free stuff nope we had a contract and both parties got what they wanted so the paper my go flying in Washington.

No one is gonna b$tch about paying for college or Trade school as long as you pay it back and it does not have to be through student loans. Go teach and mentor inter-city kids or go join the peace corps and bring good will to this country. There is IMHO a way to cost benefit that trade.

TLD
Volunteer at your local VA or inter-city homeless shelter if you have the time or maybe you do. In my experience the issues are mental and we need to do a better job addressing them.
I volunteer for a local for homeless shelter ex military personnel. My wife and I have both donated our time and routinely done personal hygiene items every few months. I was recently on a board for a public education fund for a depressed school district also. I have also worked with basically a sports academy for economically disadvantaged kids. I agree with you.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

AOC is cast in the mold of this idiotic NY times reporter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS-sxJFn6O0

The interesting thing about the progressives that I grew up with, they were VERY fearful of government oversight. Spying on Americans, illegally. Lawsuits were filed for manipulative, subliminal advertising. Mind control. Thought steering with a rudder forged in secret society meetings of the rich.
Now, today, progressives mindlessly pull their phone out to "fact check". Interesting, that they don't realize that content on the internet is controlled. Censured. Blocked. data collection and manipulation. Progressives are totally mind controlled, only they think they are independent thinkers.

It's embarrassing.
Last edited by ABV 8.3% on Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

LandM wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:22 am Afan

TLD
Land M your conundrum reminds me of my dads before he was discharged from the army in 1946. He suffered awful trenchfoot/frostbite damage to his feet. The army was mulling over how bad it was. He was in the 30% range for permanent disability. The army was going to delay his discharge while they reviewed his claim. My dad said screw you and took his discharge. His feet were an issue with him for the rest of his life. They were an awful sight to look at and never healed all that much. My dad never complained about it, the German shrapnel in his back caused him more discomfort than his feet. My suggestion to you... take the disability... you earned it my friend. Never ever look back and question your decision. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your service to our country.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.

Return to “POLITICS”