2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2020 Elections - A Reckoning

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:43 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:37 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:24 pm VDH on the diversity of the (D) field .:lol:. Everybody on the bus with Kamala.
Why would anyone care what a racist, pompous as he may be, has to say about anything?...oh yeah, people who hate Dems.
Why would anyone care what you think ?
Fair question. :D
DMac

Post by DMac »

Truth be told, there probably aren't six people who care what any of us think. Gotta admit, there seems to be a lot of folks who kind of like to choose their race/ethnicity and tell everyone how difficult it is/was to be their chosen race. Kamala identifies as a black woman, then again, so did Dolezal. Gotta love this, "pale red":
https://www.behindthename.com/name/kamala
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Diamond and Silk are in the Rose Garden to cheer Trump moonwalk away from the Census. Peak Trump.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm Truth be told, there probably aren't six people who care what any of us think. Gotta admit, there seems to be a lot of folks who kind of like to choose their race/ethnicity and tell everyone how difficult it is/was to be their chosen race. Kamala identifies as a black woman, then again, so did Dolezal. Gotta love this, "pale red":
Kamala Harris ain’t a real black?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:28 pm Diamond and Silk are in the Rose Garden to cheer Trump moonwalk away from the Census. Peak Trump.
So now you hate black women too? I thought lefties were incapable of being racist hate mongers... ;) Wait I forgot... you only hate conservative black women and your criticism is only directed at the fact the a couple of black women should never stray off of the FLP reservation and actually think for themselves and draw their own conclusions. I get it... you FLP folks can't have that happening... it might spread to other folks as well. :P
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:36 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm Truth be told, there probably aren't six people who care what any of us think. Gotta admit, there seems to be a lot of folks who kind of like to choose their race/ethnicity and tell everyone how difficult it is/was to be their chosen race. Kamala identifies as a black woman, then again, so did Dolezal. Gotta love this, "pale red":
I don't know? good question... how do you define real black? Answer that and you win a nobel prize or something.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm
I don't know? good question... how do you define real black? Answer that and you win a nobel prize or something.
I wouldn’t know.... provocative discussion

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:44 pm
I'm looking forward to Kamala detailing her reparations policy & answering the inevitable question -- will she qualify for them ?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Much moreso than Rachel, for sure, inherited from her Jamacian father. Bet when she's in India she indentifies as Indian with those folks though. You get a German Shepherd when you breed it with a Beagle?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

How about a Great Dane and a cocker spaniel?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:12 pm
Much moreso than Rachel, for sure, inherited from her Jamacian father. Bet when she's in India she indentifies as Indian with those folks though. You get a German Shepherd when you breed it with a Beagle?
Maxine Waters is a real black. Kamala has been passing all this time.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm How about a Great Dane and a cocker spaniel?
I would pay to see that. I know one thing, if the Cocker Spaniel is a male, he will figure it out!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:21 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:19 pm How about a Great Dane and a cocker spaniel?
I would pay to see that. I know one thing, if the Cocker Spaniel is a male, he will figure it out!
Now there is a visual for you. It will have to involve a stepladder I believe. :shock:
DMac

Post by DMac »

You betchya, they're not called Cockers for no reason.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm
Doesn't much matter to me what any of them are, sure seems to to them though. Latinos are Latinos when they're with Latinos, when they're with Blacks, they're people of color (see that one a lot) though. Megan Markle Black? Archie?
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:34 pm
You betchya, they're not called Cockers for no reason.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:37 pm
Doesn't much matter to me what any of them are, sure seems to to them though. Latinos are Latinos when they're with Latinos, when they're with Blacks, they're people of color (see that one a lot) though. Megan Markle Black? Archie?
Well I guess someone thinks Archie is black.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ish-racism

Adam Clayton Powell wasn’t a real black either.
All I know is that, unfortunately, it’s complicated.
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU88
We got hammered both nights in SD. I thought we were in tornado and hurricane alley. No where to duck for cover in a trailer and truck😄😯😯My wife pushed us through briefly ND so on way back we will spend a night. Banff and then ND. I do not consider a drive by counting. A night ok. So when going back I will look for the night sky. All we saw was dark black, very dark black.

Will send picture. Sorry for hogging this thread.
Best
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Indeed, very complicated.
Been complicated within the African American community as well, with light skins often being positively associated with status and attractiveness.
Straight hair. All sorts of spillover cultural effects, it seems, from racial discrimination.

I don't recall the 'formula' that was once used, but seems to me that if folks would discriminate against someone because they are 'black' in the bigot's eyes, then that's clear cut. White bigots generally consider any racial characteristic and ancestry other than purely white to be 'colored'.

Gets tricky if the life experience is to have never been considered part of a community. That's what felt unsettling about Warren.

Harris is clear cut; she experienced being considered 'black' and 'non-white' as a child.
Same for Adam Clayton Powell, in his day.

Funny that the soft bigots of today get their pants in a wad over someone actually identifying with more than one community. Somehow they think that's unfair? I say this to most on here, kindly, as our soft bigotry is generally not intended as bigotry...we just fall into it as its confusing.

Dolezal, however, was simply a fraud.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Indeed, very complicated.
Been complicated within the African American community as well, with light skins often being positively associated with status and attractiveness.
Straight hair. All sorts of spillover cultural effects, it seems, from racial discrimination.

I don't recall the 'formula' that was once used, but seems to me that if folks would discriminate against someone because they are 'black' in the bigot's eyes, then that's clear cut. White bigots generally consider any racial characteristic and ancestry other than purely white to be 'colored'.

Gets tricky if the life experience is to have never been considered part of a community. That's what felt unsettling about Warren.

Harris is clear cut; she experienced being considered 'black' and 'non-white' as a child.
Same for Adam Clayton Powell, in his day.

Funny that the soft bigots of today get their pants in a wad over someone actually identifying with more than one community. Somehow they think that's unfair? I say this to most on here, kindly, as our soft bigotry is generally not intended as bigotry...we just fall into it as its confusing.

Dolezal, however, was simply a fraud.
Dolezal was a fraud. If most people here didn’t know her and ran into Kamala at a grocery store, I don’t think they would think she was anything other than another black lady. May even ask her where could they find the bread.....A really good movie is Secrets and Lies set in London.

Return to “POLITICS”