Sexual Assault ~ Weinstein, Epstein, etc.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Sexual Assault ~ #MeToo ~ #TimesUp

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:22 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:05 pm Your thinking is lazy.........the "I don't have time to research US made products". Meanwhile, how many hours are devoted to boring tripe about tRump trump trump. (cue the pot/kettle junk )
No, YOUR thinking is lazy. All that list does is tell you who last touched a product.

Pick any item on that list. Where did the pallet come from? And the wood from that pallet? And the nails that hold it together? What about the packaging? The inks? Then there's the factory-----where did the boiler come from? And the components in the boiler? The gaskets, the pipes, the CPU, the wire? Every single component can, and frequently does, come from overseas.

So that list you have is utterly pointless.

Want another great example? Apple juice. China send apple concentrate to the West Coast where it is repacked. Guess what? Because they "repacked" that juice in America, an American is the last guy who touched it. Now it is "Made in America", and can be put on your list.

Your list serves better as toilet paper, my friend. Your heart is in the right place. Kudos for that.
Correct, that was lazy. Guess I will buying Crimson Pangolin GIN instead of Leopolds, since it don't matter :o

Speed queen appliances tho.

all my food is US made. Dog food too.

But, just to clarify. I don't see an Apple juice maker on this list. Can you provide a specific example, or two, or a product that is just re-labeled or put together in the US? (terrortories count don't they.....you nasty lil industrialists )
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

whatever turns Dersh on
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm Correct, that was lazy. Guess I will buying Crimson Pangolin GIN instead of Leopolds, since it don't matter :o
The botanicals I use all come from overseas. I'd wager the same can be said of all Gins, unless you only use juniper, something that can be found in the US, albeit at a low quality. Prohibition ruined the alcohol related supply chain. Did you know, for example, that barley in Sacramento was so prized in the late 1800''s, that Scotch producers used it to the tune of thousands of tons? Does that mean that Scotch wasn't Scottish in those days? ;)

Did you know that every pound of rye used by American Bourbon plants (the big ones) comes from Germany? It's still "proudly American Made".

I didn't say it didn't matter what you buy----do your best, and that's great. But you're acting like that list is a guarantee, when it isn't. As a factory, we pay a premium for US made goods. Sometimes, unfortunately, there isn't a quality choice in the matter....glass is a great example.

We get "American" salespeople in all the time, trying to sell spirit bottle. Then I ask "where are your glass plants". Wanna guess where? It rhymes with China. ;)
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm Speed queen appliances tho.
Owned by Canadians. Also acquired a laundry machine fabricator in Belgium. Whoops. Getting the point yet? ;)
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm But, just to clarify. I don't see an Apple juice maker on this list. Can you provide a specific example, or two, or a product that is just re-labeled or put together in the US? (terrortories count don't they.....you nasty lil industrialists )
No. And that's my point: I have no way of telling you what came from where. This is intentional on the part of large manufacturers. And the Chinese, obviously.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

let's not forget where the steel and aluminum come from.

or where the plastic buttons were manufactured

or the wiring couplings,

or ... i could go on and on.....

as could afan ;)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:43 pm
Trinity wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:40 pm Imagine the fury if Hillary was President and the First Spouse was wrapped into the scandal, as he clearly is. It’s industrial strength sex trafficking, according to Axios. Wait before you dig your heels in. This really can be bi-partisan.
I would love nothing more than to see these dirt bags do time for taking advantage of little gi
Epstein did time. He's paid his price. Bill Cosby gets to leave prison all day long and come back at 8pm to his own private villa/wing.
Holy Hat! Why of course he paid a very steep price. Those sluts and tramps didn't have any issues when Acosta followed the law and shared his sentencing rationale with them. Acosta wouldn't forget such an important component of the statute, n'est pas? ;)

Monsieur Karr's epigram was correct..." plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose." :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

HooDat wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:25 pm let's not forget where the steel and aluminum come from.

or where the plastic buttons were manufactured

or the wiring couplings,

or ... i could go on and on.....

as could afan ;)
Perfect is the enemy of good.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Julie Brown says The FBI was building an international case. It’s not true they wanted to shut it down.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Did anybody up the line in the DoJ have to sign off on Acosata's decision, or review it after the fact.

If the FBI was on the case internationally & Epstein had a residence in NY (& the VI, yet?) why not go after him in SDNY sooner ?
If no double jeopardy now, why not earlier ?
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Ask the heavy hitters at Kirkland Ellis. During the Bush Administration they got it shut down.

No Vance mentions yet. Freaking incredible. He let Jared and Ivanka off the hook, too.
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Has Cy Vance been mentioned on MSNBC or CNN yet ?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He should be tarred and feathered. The Manhattan DA used to be a giant. Now a pigmy for the rich.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Mueller was director at the time....any coincidence in timing?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Maybe Gym Jordan will ask him. If you need a sex crime overlooked, he’s your man.

NEW - The Former State Attorney Barry Krischer responds to Acosta: "I can emphatically state that Mr. Acosta’s recollection of this matter is completely wrong."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I have a sneaking suspicion that there will be a bunch of that in the near future.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

OUTRAGED TRUMP DECLARES HE WOULD'VE GOTTEN EPSTEIN WAY MORE LENIENT PLEA DEAL
https://politics.theonion.com/outraged- ... 1836249015
old salt

Post by old salt »

This is the human trafficking prevention overseen by the DOL.

If Trump's Labor Secy were not involved, the MSM would be calling Epstein's crimes what they really are -- multiple statutory rapes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:44 pm NEW - The Former State Attorney Barry Krischer responds to Acosta: "I can emphatically state that Mr. Acosta’s recollection of this matter is completely wrong."
"Pushback" = non-denial, denial. The FL State's Attorney does not contradict what Acosta said about his prosecution.
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... account-of

Former state's attorney pushes back against Acosta account of Epstein case

Krischer said his office subpoenaed witnesses took evidence to a grand jury, which returned a single felony count indictment against Epstein of soliciting prostitution.

But Palm Beach police who worked the case at the time told The Miami Herald as part of an investigation published in November that they felt pressured by Krischer to downgrade Epstein's case to a misdemeanor or to drop it entirely.

Acosta did not refer to Krischer by name during Wednesday's news conference but spoke of the Palm Beach County state's attorney. He described his own office as stepping in to ensure Epstein faced some form of punishment.

"Simply put, the Palm Beach State Attorney's Office was willing to let Epstein walk free. No jail time. Nothing," Acosta said. "Prosecutors in my former office found this to be completely unacceptable, and we became involved."
Soliciting prostitution ? ...with minors ? What about statutory rape(s) ?
If it was such a slam dunk case, why couldn't the State's Attorney get a Grand Jury to go for more than that against HamSammich Epstein ?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Watch the former Feds react. Acosta was very misleading yesterday, ignoring his office’s 53 page indictment. Exactly what we expect from cornered Trump officials. He never answered why other participants walked, why he killed the Investigation or if Main Justice did.

Looks like The Jeffrey banked at Deutschebank until May 2019 when he was cut off.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/10/busi ... worth.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

One party. Twenty-eight young models for only The Jeffrey and The Donald. What fun for those girls. President Caligula and his buddy.

https://www.msnbc.com/deadline-white-ho ... 3615557780
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:22 pm Has Cy Vance been mentioned on MSNBC or CNN yet ?
Yes but not focus.
All of these enablers, as well as the perps, should be held to account.

Return to “POLITICS”