2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Off and Running

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:03 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:35 am Up until the debates, I thought Julian Castro as a serious candidate. ...And then he said that he supports government funded abortions for transgender women??!!?? That position means he is either a genius or an idiot. Because, well you know.....
...& the MSM's giving him a pass, while hammering Trump for flubbing a line when the rain washed out his teleprompter.
Rain made him think the US Continental Army had an air defense.....
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:01 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:49 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:38 pm The Dem play is for the remaining 2/3rds, most of whom are inclined to kick our inept and insecure leader to the curb.
and yet, the picture I am seeing coalesce in front of me is one where the Dems blow it.
I doubt the bold orange copy is the case. Either the silent majority (IMO, a large portion of the mentioned 2/3rds) doesn't admit or are afraid to admit, that when push comes to shove, they will actually vote for him. The polls paint an inaccurate picture when it comes to Trump.
Depends solely on the alternative.

I think ggait is quite correct about where the great majority of that "2/3rds" would like to dump Trump, are embarrassed by him, tired of the discord.

So, generic Dem beats Trump, but it's gonna really only matter who shows up in a few states.

Trump can win under a number of scenarios, even with a huge landslide going to Dems in the popular vote. It's possible.

As someone in that 2/3rds who would like to see him dumped, indeed ignominiously so (cleansing the system of this cancer and enabling the GOP to wake up), I worry about a Dem running too hard to the left and thus making it way too close for comfort. But most of these candidates are actually not so far to the left as the right wingers wish they'd be.

Indeed, the right wingers make a big mistake if they think that every whacky thing a Dem says will stick to whoever the nominee is when they go toe to toe with Trump.

Come the general, the Dem candidate is going to need to explain how whatever 'progressive' idea he or she espoused in the primary will actually be accomplished legislatively or otherwise. For instance, the simplest position re universal healthcare coverage will be moderated to the institution of a public option competing with private and/or augmented by private insurance. Private won't get shut down. The Dems will listen to the union heads who know their members actually like the plans they have.

Trump will use all sorts of hyperbole, as will the right wing echo chamber, but most folks outside of the hard core right are tired of that approach to the politics and issues.

Where this all gets more 'iffy' is that Trump is slightly above water on the economy, which is inarguably continuing to be relatively strong...very long positive trend, and we should all hope that continues. That's the only aspect of his Presidency where he's above 50% but it's an important one.

If the Dem candidate is perceived as a serious threat to economic forward momentum that could be the difference. I worry about Bernie or Warren coming across that way. By contrast, I don't think Harris will, much less Biden, Mayor Pete, Klobuchar etc.

I think the Dem candidate could make a strong case for infrastructure investments....emphasis on 'investments'. That can incorporate 'green' imperatives, as well as the core enablers of competitive economy. Likewise they can make a strong case for educational investments, focus on crumbling school environments, modernization and higher teacher pay.

Yes, that'll involve higher tax rates, but it needn't be extreme. Again, I worry about Warren and Bernie style communications on these matters as it could well turn off too many of those attractable independents and swing Trump/Obama voters.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm :lol: Right. They should shut down the day's programming to report on some guy that no one even knows is running for President....

....and give the leader of the free world a pass for not bringing a paper copy of the speech at the parade. A parade that you thought was important a few days ago. Turns out Trump and his staff didn't think it was all that important.
The MSM couldn't even bother to air it. You had to watch FNC or CSPAN to see it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:18 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:15 pm :lol: Right. They should shut down the day's programming to report on some guy that no one even knows is running for President....

....and give the leader of the free world a pass for not bringing a paper copy of the speech at the parade. A parade that you thought was important a few days ago. Turns out Trump and his staff didn't think it was all that important.
The MSM couldn't even bother to air it. You had to watch FNC or CSPAN to see it.
Really? I watched it on CNN.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Gorilla Channel here.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

lot's of (paranoid) folks confuse indifference and incompetence with an agenda.

they are not the same thing..... ;)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Answer subpoenas. Show up and testify.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

I disagree with Biden on a lot of issues & policies, but I could live with him as President.
What the Dems are doing to him is suicidal. They're mortally wounding him, even if he gets the nomination.
He's their candidate who is best able to beat Trump & the only one capable of reuniting the country.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

It is suicidal. But all of the wannabes (Sanders, Warren, Harris, Booker, all of them) have humongous egos that are way bigger than their desire to defeat Trump.

Hickenlooper and Castro and Beto, at minimum, should all be running for Senate, instead of fourth runner-up for POTUS. But they don't care.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Yup.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Not a shabby entry statement from Amy McGrath for Senate. I don't see anyone ever knocking Mitch out of office, but she checks some boxes for most voters. Makes the argument for change -- generational and operational -- powerfully. That is the stuff that Mitch, Biden and Bernie fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d3skEMCIgU
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU88
Thanks for posting this and amen

Did the Badlands yesterday and Rushmore today. Then North Dakota. It has been a fun ride.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Eric Stalwell last month: "I can beat Trump."

Eric Stalwell today: "I'm dropping out of the race."
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LandM wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:04 am CU88
Thanks for posting this and amen

Did the Badlands yesterday and Rushmore today. Then North Dakota. It has been a fun ride.
Have the skies been clear at night?
Some of the most memorable experiences I had was the Expanse of the Stars, that we never see here, back East.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:56 am Eric Stalwell last month: "I can beat Trump."

Eric Stalwell today: "I'm dropping out of the race."
Whats truly disgusting is that weasel will be introduced from now on as "Former Presidential candidate Eric Swallwell."
Last edited by 6ftstick on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Interesting how the MSM fails to mention that Joe Biden racist white separatist buddies bringing down the heat on him—were DEMOCRATS.

That never seems to find its way into the conversation.

In fact heres how the Washington Post referred to them

Biden cited the late senators James O. Eastland (Miss.) and Herman E. Talmadge (Ga.), who were steadfastly opposed to civil rights and racial integration.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:21 pm Interesting how the MSM fails to mention that Joe Biden racist white separatist buddies bringing down the heat on him—were DEMOCRATS.

That never seems to find its way into the conversation.

In fact heres how the Washington Post referred to them

Biden cited the late senators James O. Eastland (Miss.) and Herman E. Talmadge (Ga.), who were steadfastly opposed to civil rights and racial integration.
You mean a white democrat can be racist!!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

BET Founder Says Dems Have Gone Too Far Left

Black Entertainment Television founder and longtime Democrat Robert Johnson criticized his own party in an interview with CNBC’s Hadley Gamble that aired Tuesday.

During the interview, Johnson even expressed praise of President Trump’s economic policies.

“I met President Trump a number of years ago when he was first president elect and what I came away from meeting the president he’s got his own style and a lot of people aren’t going to like that style, but when he says he’s going to try to do something economically you have to give him credit for taking some specific steps to do that,” he said.

Uncle Tom or fair minded individual that sees clearly?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

Those the only two choices?
How 'bout, another proud owner of a bottle of Trump Snake Oil?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:32 am Those the only two choices?
How 'bout, another proud owner of a bottle of Trump Snake Oil?
Or a smart guy keeping his powder dry?

Return to “POLITICS”