Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by AreaLax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:01 pm [quote=AreaLax post_id=63906 time=<a href="tel:1562514647">1562514647</a> user_id=366]
[quote="ABV 8.3%" post_id=63897 time=<a href="tel:1562509977">1562509977</a> user_id=1427]
Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
There is an area just around the corner called Blandensburg. There you can use kayaks and rowboats type boats.
[/quote]

Is that the head of the Anacostia river?
[/quote]
Looks like it on the map
Seahawk

Post by Seahawk »

Yes and it’s Bladensburg, MD
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
no, no, no - you are thinking about motor-boating.... :shock:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
there is an area just around the corner called Blandensburg. There you can use kayaks and rowboats type boats.
USNA out for a morning row...

UMD out for a morning row...

The photo of the guys in those boats looks like the surf off Coronado. ;) Brings back some fond memories. :roll: If so, Blandensburg is a mere 2800 miles east.
Last edited by wahoomurf on Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

Sandy Point State Park 430 am for the naysayers and you will not find this post anywhere because players, coaches and The Program were told to take it down. Ask any of the players from the last 4 years and they would confirm. I see nothing wrong with it but it's not for everyone and that is the topic of discussion. Every parent , player and fan thinks it's all easy and it ain't. Not at UMD, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame or any other D1 programs and Tills may be a bit over the top as well.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.28.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-08 at 2.28.22 PM.png (194.92 KiB) Viewed 3409 times
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

That is how you begin to make Sugar Cookies. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 pm Sandy Point State Park 430 am for the naysayers and you will not find this post anywhere because players, coaches and The Program were told to take it down. Ask any of the players from the last 4 years and they would confirm. I see nothing wrong with it but it's not for everyone and that is the topic of discussion. Every parent , player and fan thinks it's all easy and it ain't. Not at UMD, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame or any other D1 programs and Tills may be a bit over the top as well.
Sunrise 4:30am in Maryland ???? - I don't think so - just saying
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

nautical morning twilight is ~4:30 AM in the middle of the summer.
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Catbird wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:02 pm nautical morning twilight is ~4:30 AM in the middle of the summer.
College Lacrosse team arrives on campus late in August and finishes in May - Sunrise is after 5am. Must be a different group in the picture if 430am .
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Surprise!! Spoiler alert : D1 programs tend to be time consuming and sometimes physically demanding.

I tend to believe the gist of what Realguy is saying and surprised at the cynicism here because nothing seems outside the realm. Id assume any Seal training is closer to an introductory than advanced phase with intensity no greater than repeated wind sprints or hero training done by some for conditioning . Rowing boats near dawn to me is nothing more than a bonding experience that may be more enjoyable than early morning lifts.
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

stupefied wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm Surprise!! Spoiler alert : D1 programs tend to be time consuming and sometimes physically demanding.

I tend to believe the gist of what Realguy is saying and surprised at the cynicism here because nothing seems outside the realm. Id assume any Seal training is closer to an introductory than advanced phase with intensity no greater than repeated wind sprints or hero training done by some for conditioning . Rowing boats near dawn to me is nothing more than a bonding experience that may be more enjoyable than early morning lifts.
I was just kidding . Yes MOST/ALL Division 1 lacrosse teams have early morning intense workouts. Coach Tills isn't the only coach doing it and certainly was not the first one to do it. It is part of the landscape and helps weed out the freshman that don't want to put the work in .
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

laxguywm wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:38 pm
stupefied wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:32 pm Surprise!! Spoiler alert : D1 programs tend to be time consuming and sometimes physically demanding.

I was just kidding . Yes MOST/ALL Division 1 lacrosse teams have early morning intense workouts. Coach Tills isn't the only coach doing it and certainly was not the first one to do it. It is part of the landscape and helps weed out the freshman that don't want to put the work in .
It is ALL division of lacrosse, not limited to D1.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
DMac

Post by DMac »

Of course the gist of unreal's posts is that playing lacrosse at UMD is challenging (just as it is everywhere else) and that part is real. Bringing in the SEALs and folks drowning in pools is way over the top and a lot BS. How many of those laxers at UMD drop out cuz they couldn't cut the mustard?
https://sealgrinderpt.com/blog/navy-sea ... seal.html/
Realguy needs to get real and come on and say, okay, I got a little carried away with myself and exaggerated the hell out of the whole picture.
JFTR, being out in a rowboat at 0430 is certainly no BFD, and no college coach with half a brain is putting his players in life threatening situations.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

So the takeaway is that not every program is for every kid, that playing lacrosse in college is no joke, and college kids drink.

No way does Tillman do anything that would endanger the players. What you see and hear from Tillman isn't schtick. He's relentlessly positive and looks out for the best interests of his players, coaches, and staff.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Let's see, his original post contained these 6 beauties:

1. UMD lax is 'not about skill'
2. Tills 'over-recruits' (realguy must have a HUGE problem with Lars then!)
3. UMD has a ton of 'binge drinkers' because they don't see the field
4. Tills 'runs them into the ground like they are at USNA'
5. "Every conceivable rule is broken'
6. Dubick was made to feel 'insignificant' but he played anyway all because 'he was a legacy'

You believe the gist of this realguy? Seriously? You don't smell an agenda here? Tillman is more than a coach to the guys; he's an upstanding man, with a great family. God forbid he reads bs posts like that.
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

it's all about the narrative Down Town Stinky Brown and I said over and again if a kid has the mettle to hang in there for 4 years he is better off for it. Tills is a good man but can be more demanding than most !
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:48 pm it's all about the narrative Down Town Stinky Brown and I said over and again if a kid has the mettle to hang in there for 4 years he is better off for it. Tills is a good man but can be more demanding than most !

Then retract what you said previously. Your original post was a direct libel of Tills. I listed what you wrote. Those are outrageous claims about Tills' character, not his methods.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:48 pm Tills is a good man but can be more demanding than most !
So says you who, no doubt, knows how demanding the "most" are.
Give it up, bro, you went way over the line.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Realguy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 pm Sandy Point State Park 430 am for the naysayers and you will not find this post anywhere because players, coaches and The Program were told to take it down. Ask any of the players from the last 4 years and they would confirm. I see nothing wrong with it but it's not for everyone and that is the topic of discussion. Every parent , player and fan thinks it's all easy and it ain't. Not at UMD, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame or any other D1 programs and Tills may be a bit over the top as well.
Wow, how could they possibly survive that 2 inch surf? True SEALS those Terps. Thank you for your service catching those sand crabs!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Must be July if we're talking about........Navy SEAL training in the transfers thread.

Still waiting on Brandau, Seay, Avanzato, Grill, Warner, Magno, and a few others but those are the "biggest" names still in the transfer portal—or at least those who have yet to publicly confirm where they're headed. Some may ultimately elect to stay put.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”