wgdsr

Re: Coaching Carousel Pre-2020 Season

Post by wgdsr »

Can Opener wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm
oldjayfan wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:54 pm
HooDat wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:19 pm
Bandito wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:13 pm
HooDat wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:56 pm I agree - it will be very interesting to see how Corrigan does without Byrne.
Or how Bryne does without Corrigan?
Byrne is what kept that place together and the cupboards stocked. In the past 7 years of being on the recruiting trail, I have never seen KC at an event....seen Byrne many of times.
I would never send my kid to play for Corrigan. I would gladly send him to play for Byrne.
SPOT ON!!!
+1
damn, lotta guys want him thrown under the bus.
as mentioned on another thread, corrigan built the lacrosse program. they were doing things before byrne arrived. his connections no doubt got him the gig, but if you weren't around then -- notre dame, while big then in national name for football, was a fringe club program basically. it wasn't a coveted job.
they have been a regular top contender before and after byrne.
that's given them resources made available to them, not vice versa.
byrne has been given a lot of latitude to run the defense.
their players get a pretty good experience outside of lacrosse as well-- travel, employment opportunities and networks tapped.
to pontificate on the future ---
they'll probably still be able to get a recruit or 2.
they'll likely be able to speak to a couple decent defensive coordinators.
not sure anyone is a fan of kc's sideline demeanor. can be a very different guy off the field than what you see on teevee. i'd be willing to bet a lot of players would be in his corner, if not posters on fanlax.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

I'd take that bet... ;)
Laxdad69

Post by Laxdad69 »

Any opinions on who takes over for Byrne at ND? Hear there are multiple vacancies there beyond Byrne. Whoever it is will have to be able to deal with Corrigan and his antics.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Anyone could take that spot with what Byrne has put in place, not to mention the players still there can teach his principals. It's not like their D needed a rebuild or reset.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:50 am Anyone could take that spot with what Byrne has put in place, not to mention the players still there can teach his principals. It's not like their D needed a rebuild or reset.
Or, that a defensive scheme is rocket science...good defensemen make good defenses...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

oldjayfan wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:50 am Anyone could take that spot with what Byrne has put in place, not to mention the players still there can teach his principals. It's not like their D needed a rebuild or reset.
Or, that a defensive scheme is rocket science...good defensemen make good defenses...
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Sigh

Post by Sigh »

Craig Gibson - Stony Brook OC to OC at Fairfield.
lilax

Post by lilax »

I'll throw a name out for Notre Dame.

Jamison Koesterer.

Seems to have UMBC trending in the right direction and has been highly regarded.

Corrigan already hired Hutchinson from UMBC last year.

Heck, Koesterer already has a social media presence like Byrne with https://twitter.com/KillerBeesD
Sigh

Post by Sigh »

Koesterer is a beast and likes big, physical play. A'la the Mitchell twins coming to OSU.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

I’ll twitter
Some coaching movement, via multiple sources: Ryan Wellner will go to @NDlacrosse; John Orsen will rejoin Joe Amplo on @navymlax staff. Orsen used to work with Amplo at Marquette
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:45 am I’ll twitter
Some coaching movement, via multiple sources: Ryan Wellner will go to @NDlacrosse; John Orsen will rejoin Joe Amplo on @navymlax staff. Orsen used to work with Amplo at Marquette
Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Shee-ot!
~Livy

Blackdoglax

Post by Blackdoglax »

That’s a great spot for Wellner. Byrne left a full cabinet of talent. He can crush it then get a HC somewhere.
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Exactly blackdog...a few delusional posters thought Wellner would get the Navy job :roll: Yeah, they're gonna hire the long time assistant of the guy they just fired; still "in the know" people were actually believing this due to the fact that Wellner was still recruiting!! How about he was still under contract and it was his job??!!! OR, that he may have been able to stay on staff with the new HC(which apparently he could have, per Amplo). Yet many people actually thought he had a chance as head coach...man, these threads are entertaining...about as impartial as Fox News!
HealthyDebate

Post by HealthyDebate »

oldjayfan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 pm Exactly blackdog...a few delusional posters thought Wellner would get the Navy job :roll: Yeah, they're gonna hire the long time assistant of the guy they just fired; still "in the know" people were actually believing this due to the fact that Wellner was still recruiting!! How about he was still under contract and it was his job??!!! OR, that he may have been able to stay on staff with the new HC(which apparently he could have, per Amplo). Yet many people actually thought he had a chance as head coach...man, these threads are entertaining...about as impartial as Fox News!
OJF or Rick Sowell- move on. We are all ready to turn the page. Congrats to Coach Wellner. This has nothing to do with Coach Sowell. Wellner earned it, he will succeed and ND will be better for it. We will miss him here at Navy and that maybe harder felt than anyone knows, time will only tell.
Unless OJF is an NAAA employee none of us know what was happening no matter what we might think or believe. Only one man knows and he made the decision.
Best of luck Coach W, I/we look forward to watching you succeed at ND and wherever your career takes you.
Tdemling6

Post by Tdemling6 »

Andrew Whitley is set to take over as the head coach at Bellarmine.

https://lacrossebucket.com/2019/07/08/a ... ellarmine/
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

College Crosse twitter

Multiple sources tell @Chris_Jast @BellarmineLax will hire former Fairfield assistant Andrew Whitley as their next head coach.
fastgame

Post by fastgame »

Whitley is a high school or D3 level coach at best, good riddance from your friends at FU! (I meant Fairfield U of course :lol: )
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

HealthyDebate wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:15 pm
oldjayfan wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 pm Exactly blackdog...a few delusional posters thought Wellner would get the Navy job :roll: Yeah, they're gonna hire the long time assistant of the guy they just fired; still "in the know" people were actually believing this due to the fact that Wellner was still recruiting!! How about he was still under contract and it was his job??!!! OR, that he may have been able to stay on staff with the new HC(which apparently he could have, per Amplo). Yet many people actually thought he had a chance as head coach...man, these threads are entertaining...about as impartial as Fox News!
OJF or Rick Sowell- move on. We are all ready to turn the page. Congrats to Coach Wellner. This has nothing to do with Coach Sowell. Wellner earned it, he will succeed and ND will be better for it. We will miss him here at Navy and that maybe harder felt than anyone knows, time will only tell.
Unless OJF is an NAAA employee none of us know what was happening no matter what we might think or believe. Only one man knows and he made the decision.
Best of luck Coach W, I/we look forward to watching you succeed at ND and wherever your career takes you.
This is a huge opportunity for Coach Wellner and the Irish. He is one of the best team D coaches in the NCAA and a consummate professional -- it won't surprise me at all if seizing this opportunity now results in an ND HC opportunity for Coach Wellner down the road. Blue & Gold is a great color combo for him!
HowieT3

Post by HowieT3 »

Laxdad69 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:37 am Any opinions on who takes over for Byrne at ND? Hear there are multiple vacancies there beyond Byrne. Whoever it is will have to be able to deal with Corrigan and his antics.
I've seen only one speculative mention of a candidate to be their new DC and it was Corrigan, fils.
52 70 72 99
03 06 11 19 21
oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

HealthyDebate wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:15 pm
HAHA! You were one of the people that thought RW had a shot at the Navy job...Yeah, let's move on...these Navy posters are priceless!!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”