Pre-2020 summer transfers

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: Pre-2020 summer transfers

Post by Cooter »

In the end, we don't really know why Avanzato is transferring anyhow.
Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:20 am Do you really think Pallonetti has a shot behind Wisnauskus only a junior like Anthony Dimaio then Nick Dimaio, Ryan Siracusa both Freshman.
Maryland does use attackmen at midfield. As a matter of fact, Fairman, A.DeMaio and Long were all High School attackmen. My guess is that Pallonetti will try to play midfield at UMd.
Live Free or Die!
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

How many big time colleges with great atmospheres don't binge drink it's not just the lacrosse guys it's all the students at CP. So isn't it imaginable that a lacrosse kid not getting much love says to himself that he just wants to be a kid at college, As far as the Navy SEAL training it's all real.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:20 am This is not a knock on Tills
That was the only sentence of your rant that was not a knock. Avanzato wasn't stuck behind anybody on the roster; he looked great in his first game, scored a goal on a spectacular play while also tearing his knee to shreds. That's probably Tills' fault by your reckoning?
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

Avanzato got hurt in 2018 but no whiff in 2019 not blaming Tills at all but don't expect the kid to accept it. He's a real player that will add value to any program and again you don't know all that goes on behind the curtain. There are many things that get overlooked for some and blown out of proportion for others and as far as Tills and most big time staffs "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" so these big time program coaches are as fickle and hypocritical as you can imagine.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:18 pm How many big time colleges with great atmospheres don't binge drink it's not just the lacrosse guys it's all the students at CP. So isn't it imaginable that a lacrosse kid not getting much love says to himself that he just wants to be a kid at college, As far as the Navy SEAL training it's all real.
For a real guy you sure put out some stuff that sounds unreal.
1. SEAL training at Coronado is real, not what a lacrosse team at UMD might be doing.
2. Fully clothed lacrosse players drowning in pools?
3. Out in rowboats at 0430 hrs?
You got any proof of this stuff or you just putting a bunch of BS out there?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm most big time staffs "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" so these big time program coaches are as fickle and hypocritical as you can imagine.
Yes that's a big point. Maybe you know a few people that used to be on Maryland's team, maybe not, maybe you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend they've been messin' around....But your apparent animus towards Tillman seems to be more personal than fact based.

SEAL training is probably hyperbole, as the SEALs do 100x tougher sht every day than any college lacrosse team. Taking some water-based training exercises from the military and adjusting them for lacrosse players could be very beneficial physically and actually could be fun. Should they just run sprints and suicides on a hot lacrosse field every day? It is also likely a great team-building activity. Nobody has drowned.

What's the problem with 4:30am boating? That's another pretty damn fun team activity that's also a great way to develop strength.

And every top 10 coach "over-recruits". Duke and Virginia are killing everyone on the recruiting trail. All of the top teams were happy to bring in Chris Gray or TD Ierlan when given the chance to upgrade what they had.

Also, there's not a college in America that doesn't have issues with alcohol or worse. College kids drink. Most handle it okay. Some can't do that and commit to high level D1 athletics. Some decide it's more fun than D1 athletics. Tons of non-athletes transfer too, and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them or the school theyre leaving. It's just the way it is bro.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Any word on where that Riley Seay kid is heading?

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Realguy

Post by Realguy »

keno in reno wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:16 pm
Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:13 pm most big time staffs "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" so these big time program coaches are as fickle and hypocritical as you can imagine.
Yes that's a big point. Maybe you know a few people that used to be on Maryland's team, maybe not, maybe you heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend they've been messin' around....But your apparent animus towards Tillman seems to be more personal than fact based.

SEAL training is probably hyperbole, as the SEALs do 100x tougher sht every day than any college lacrosse team. Taking some water-based training exercises from the military and adjusting them for lacrosse players could be very beneficial physically and actually could be fun. Should they just run sprints and suicides on a hot lacrosse field every day? It is also likely a great team-building activity. Nobody has drowned.

What's the problem with 4:30am boating? That's another pretty damn fun team activity that's also a great way to develop strength.

And every top 10 coach "over-recruits". Duke and Virginia are killing everyone on the recruiting trail. All of the top teams were happy to bring in Chris Gray or TD Ierlan when given the chance to upgrade what they had.

Also, there's not a college in America that doesn't have issues with alcohol or worse. College kids drink. Most handle it okay. Some can't do that and commit to high level D1 athletics. Some decide it's more fun than D1 athletics. Tons of non-athletes transfer too, and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them or the school theyre leaving. It's just the way it is bro.
The training is called "The Program" and I guarantee you will not find it affiliated with UMD mens lacrosse, as a matter of fact they ("The Program") posted it on Instagram and were told to take it down. No coach or player has it posted as well and if they did, it was mandatory to remove it. You have no idea what goes on and for the record I'm ok with all of it. I believe if a kid can tough it out for 4 years under Tills he is much better off than the first day he stepped on campus. All I said was it is not for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that either but for the prospective Terp "Caveat Emptor" because behind all the bells and whistles there is Tills and his #bethebest mantra.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

DMAC: SEAL training at Coronado is real, not what a lacrosse team at UMD might be doing.
With respect to JT and the UM athletes, I'd wager few if any, could complete ONE (1) elevation.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:00 pm The training is called "The Program" and I guarantee you will not find it affiliated with UMD mens lacrosse, as a matter of fact they ("The Program") posted it on Instagram and were told to take it down. No coach or player has it posted as well and if they did, it was mandatory to remove it. You have no idea what goes on and for the record I'm ok with all of it. I believe if a kid can tough it out for 4 years under Tills he is much better off than the first day he stepped on campus. All I said was it is not for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that either but for the prospective Terp "Caveat Emptor" because behind all the bells and whistles there is Tills and his #bethebest mantra.
I heard they are put in a cobra pit. Show quickness and live. Otherwise die or transfer.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:20 am There is so much behind the scenes at Terpville that you guys are not privy so stop thinking it has do to do with mere lacrosse ability. Avanzato is as good as any of the 2nd line mids. As for Wichelens he's just another casualty of Tills over recruiting and I can't wait to see the cluster at the left handed side of the offense. Do you really think Pallonetti has a shot behind Wisnauskus only a junior like Anthony Dimaio then Nick Dimaio, Ryan Siracusa both Freshman. Pretty soon guys start accepting a lesser role and go out and binge drinking because at CP there is no better college atmosphere. These young kids with big hearts and big dreams with tons of success in HS start to say What the heck after they spend a fall where Tills and Rep run them into the ground like they are at Annapolis. Every conceivable NCAA rule is broke with regards to practice time and lump in the SEAL team training where kids are jumping into pools fully clothed and start to drown or go out in a row boat at 4:30 in the am. These young men start to talk with their HS buddies and are like forget this place. This is not a knock on Tills , he's a great guy but not every kid has the stomach for that place or is willing to wait his turn in line. Dubick was a perfect example but he never was made to feel insignificant and got some man up time but it also didn't hurt that he's a legacy Terp. Great for him and he made the most of his shot but not every kid can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just another perspective so be a bit more open minded when these kids decide Terpville isn't for them. #bethebest

I can’t tell if you’re a recruit who didn’t make it at College Park or a parent of a kid who didn’t make it. I’m a Loyola fan, but let’s be straight: not many coaches in Division 1 college lacrosse enjoy the reputation of John Tillman. He’s lights out as good as it gets, both as a coach and as a person. His kids would bleed dry for him. As the girls would Cathy Reece.

Your post is garbage.
DMac

Post by DMac »

More likely a disgruntled towel boy forced by Til to use the double rinse cycle on the washer and extra fluff cycle on the dryer.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Realguy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:00 pm The training is called "The Program" and I guarantee you will not find it affiliated with UMD mens lacrosse, as a matter of fact they ("The Program") posted it on Instagram and were told to take it down. No coach or player has it posted as well and if they did, it was mandatory to remove it. You have no idea what goes on and for the record I'm ok with all of it. I believe if a kid can tough it out for 4 years under Tills he is much better off than the first day he stepped on campus. All I said was it is not for everyone and there is nothing wrong with that either but for the prospective Terp "Caveat Emptor" because behind all the bells and whistles there is Tills and his #bethebest mantra.
The Program has been around for awhile now. Our local HS participated in back in 2011 or 2012. Many organizations use them. They do a great job identifying leaders, building team work, identifying those dragging a team down etc.

It is not designed to get the men in shape per say, but to come out of this together, in order to #bethebest
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:52 am
The Program has been around for awhile now. Our local HS participated in back in 2011 or 2012. Many organizations use them. They do a great job identifying leaders, building team work, identifying those dragging a team down etc.

It is not designed to get the men in shape per say, but to come out of this together, in order to #bethebest
A HS kid died on Long Island participating in this training a few years ago. Preseason football. Lots of high schools and colleges use this program. It’s to foster teamwork and trust.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Some of what Real said pertains to many top tier d1's, overrecruitment and overpromises, time commitment beyond staff limitations imposed by players with peer pressure to join, a few team bonding activities that may seem strange but aren't, deep depth charts of talent , the sinking in of some disenchantment and resignation by several, coaches preferences and tendencies , active party life whether it be star, backup or general student population .

Think the issue is that Real presents it as unique to UM and harsh. Neither is true. It wouldn't surprise if Tillman and trainers applied some Navy conditioning drills since that is a natural extension. Seen Seal and other military training exercises introduced on some hs trips as a treat but its 'level' is appropriate, doubt the level applied at UM if true is any harder than gassers, one or ones, leg day, etc

Having said all that, not every situation is the best for a student or athlete for a multiple of reasons. They have the right to make a decision for themselves based on what they know and what they seek.
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
There is an area just around the corner called Blandensburg. There you can use kayaks and rowboats type boats.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Probably should loop the Navy thread in for some of this idiocy. Ooooooh, The Program. It’s conditioning, before everyone got so soft all teams had severe conditioning. What they most certainly did not, and do not, have is anything remotely in any fantasy universe close to BUDS. The Maryland lacrosse players are not doing SEAL training. Stop it. Just stop it. I don’t care where their damn rowboats are. Don’t be offensive.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:50 am
ABV 8.3% wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:32 am Wondering about 4am rowboats. Where, exactly, would these rowboats be floating in College Park ? Unless "rowboats" or "rowboating" is urban/modern slang for something else.
There is an area just around the corner called Blandensburg. There you can use kayaks and rowboats type boats.
pcowlax wrote:
Probably should loop the Navy thread in for some of this idiocy. Ooooooh, The Program. It’s conditioning, before everyone got so soft all teams had severe conditioning. What they most certainly did not, and do not, have is anything remotely in any fantasy universe close to BUDS. The Maryland lacrosse players are not doing SEAL training. Stop it. Just stop it. I don’t care where their damn rowboats are. Don’t be offensive.
USNA out for a morning row...

UMD out for a morning row...

:o :)
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:50 am
Is that the head of the Anacostia river?
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”