JUST the Stolen Documents/Mar-A-Lago/"Judge" Cannon Trial

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Politics of National Security

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:48 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:40 pm No thread seems to fit this topic, so I put it here.

Navy Seal goes on trial for being an apparent nut case.
I read that earlier. Sick individual.
BREAKING: Jury Finds Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher Not Guilty of War Crimes
I should have said “if true”....BTW, OJ was found “not guilty” too...
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:40 pm No thread seems to fit this topic, so I put it here.

OJ didn't have witnesses like this on his behalf.
This is a real black eye for NCIS.
They should not have believed their tv ratings.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:48 pm

OJ didn't have witnesses like this on his behalf.
This is a real black eye for NCIS.
They should not have believed their tv ratings.
Like I said, OJ was found not guilty.

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

What's your point in bringing up OJ ? To imply that Chief Gallagher got away with murder ?
Given the "surprise" testimony of the medic, Gallagher should have never been charged with murder.
Good job NCIS & Navy JAG. ...not like it is on tv.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Very convenient way to dismiss the testimony of the other SEALS do t you think? Personally I am offended and a lot of others are too.

So a guy stows yo and says I have data but I n Ed total immunity to disclose it. And two people walk away ? Got it. BTW what was his responsibility in the unit?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:06 pm What's your point in bringing up OJ ? To imply that Chief Gallagher got away with murder ?
Given the "surprise" testimony of the medic, Gallagher should have never been charged with murder.
Good job NCIS & Navy JAG. ...not like it is on tv.
That being found “not guilty” doesn’t mean you didn’t do anything. That’s all.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am Very convenient way to dismiss the testimony of the other SEALS do t you think? Personally I am offended and a lot of others are too.

So a guy stows yo and says I have data but I n Ed total immunity to disclose it. And two people walk away ? Got it. BTW what was his responsibility in the unit?
Convicting him of taking a photo with the dead ISIS soldier doesn't count as something? :lol: So what happens now to the members of his squad / platoon who accused him of war crimes? I guess they aren't real men, snowflakes, can't take a little "over the top" abuse of enemy combatants and civilians. :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:43 am
OCanada wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 am Very convenient way to dismiss the testimony of the other SEALS do t you think? Personally I am offended and a lot of others are too.

Convicting him of taking a photo with the dead ISIS soldier doesn't count as something? :lol: So what happens now to the members of his squad / platoon who accused him of war crimes? I guess they aren't real men, snowflakes, can't take a little "over the top" abuse of enemy combatants and civilians. :roll:
Faux News has an interview with a Navy culture warrior now, calling the platoon members "millienial seals" that need to be prosecuted.
LandM

Post by LandM »

I have a lot of friends that are SEALS - two of them commanded 6;
The folks I know are pi$$ed that former SEALS are writing books and talking about their personal adventures - so older SEALS are a tad upset;
You deploy a person 8 times; you deploy him to fight in stupid wars created by the people we elect; you train him to kill......kitty time is over, no mercy;
Taking a picture of something you were trained to kill - look at hunters with deer, lions, etc.;
He put his big boy pants on - have you done that?
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

We would appreciate it, from time to time, if you made sense.
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LandM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am 72,
The folks I know are pi$$ed that former SEALS are writing books and talking about their personal adventures - so older SEALS are a tad upset;
You deploy a person 8 times; you deploy him to fight in stupid wars created by the people we elect; you train him to kill......kitty time is over, no mercy;
Taking a picture of something you were trained to kill - look at hunters with deer, lions, etc.;
He put his big boy pants on - have you done that?
Did the platoon members being called on as "millennial seals" and needing prosecution have their big boy pants on?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

LandM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:08 am 72,
^This.

I'm very close to someone who's in a different but similar to 6 military organization who I just spoke to about this over the weekend. That group of quiet professionals has been upset for a long time with the openness that appears to be the norm within the Navy SpecOps community. Many in this other military branch's SpecOps community are still pissed that Ridley Scott made a movie years ago that included them, and those few people who've written books about their time in that group are now personas non grata.

It would be unfortunate if the Navy didn't finally do something about a culture where this has happened. By this I include an investigation into how a team could have what appears to be as much animosity within itself as is obvious from this court case.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

More on Gallagher.

This isn't over. The medic who took credit / responsibility for the ISIS soldier's death is going to present a problem for the right wing. What is the ruling principle - good for killing an ISIS soldier; bad for playing god, taking a life -- or was he just doing god's work? Have no idea where the Navy will come down on this, but certain that Fox Nation will go with doing god's work - because they know. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Big difference between bad leadership at the platoon level & murder.
NCIS & JAG blew it. Believed the wrong witnesses.
The picture taking should have been handled at NJP (Non Judicial Punishment).
Captains Mast before the SEAL Team Commanding Officer.
LandM

Post by LandM »

Here is an idea, sign-up and have hot lead fly by you - it is an entertaining experience - a hard-core atheist becoming a Christian is a must see :D
There is a failure of leadership in the SEAL community - google Admiral Brian Losey - he is a classmate and teammate - this is why I do not respect John McCain - ruined his career over accusations they Navy did not believe;
So why don't you do some heavy lifting - you seem to have the answers to the worlds problems.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

LandM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 pm 72,
Here is an idea, sign-up and have hot lead fly by you - it is an entertaining experience - a hard-core atheist becoming a Christian is a must see :D
There is a failure of leadership in the SEAL community - google Admiral Brian Losey - he is a classmate and teammate - this is why I do not respect John McCain - ruined his career over accusations they Navy did not believe;
So why don't you do some heavy lifting - you seem to have the answers to the worlds problems.

Had the experience. Facing down locked and loaded National Guard troops when I didn't have a weapon or a flower. There was no transformational experience.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I “know”people too. People in spec ops in more than one country. One of the privileges of this country is the fire to have an opinion.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

ABV. It’s not the sense it’s the key strikes and auto corrects. Lax Fi used to fix them early in the AM cause I never cared really. But without him I need to be more careful
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:41 pm
LandM wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:09 pm 72,

Had the experience. Facing down locked and loaded National Guard troops when I didn't have a weapon or a flower. There was no transformational experience.
Jerk alert! :oops:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Nope, just a patriotic American there short chain.

Although you could be right, I have seen so called patriotic Americans come of as pretty much jerks. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”