The Lax bro culture 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
foreverlax

Re: The Lax bro culture 2020

Post by foreverlax »

Suskypride wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 pm Why are all of you guys so concerned with how somebody else acts??? Or feel the need to control peoples personalities based on a sport that they play. That’s meat head football culture. My favorite part of lacrosse and the reason I chose it over other sports was the individualism, the characters I met, no stereotypes. All that mattered was if you could play or not. It used to be a “put up or shut up” kind of game.
Why? Great question...I like seeing those on both sides of the field "honoring the game". Act like you have been there before, or at least pretend you have.

After you score a goal, should you point to the guy who fed you or do your goal dance - I teach the former.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

im probably answering for others but i think the issue is prejudice. some find out your a lax guy, assume your a laxbro. and all the accoutrement that goes with such prejudice (especially post-Duke fiasco)

and the fact is- some of us are not like the ultimate lax bro (which makes me laugh btw), or bert breakfast (also funny), or connor chill-lax-bro.

that's all.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:02 am
Suskypride wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:22 pm Why are all of you guys so concerned with how somebody else acts??? Or feel the need to control peoples personalities based on a sport that they play. That’s meat head football culture. My favorite part of lacrosse and the reason I chose it over other sports was the individualism, the characters I met, no stereotypes. All that mattered was if you could play or not. It used to be a “put up or shut up” kind of game.
Why? Great question...I like seeing those on both sides of the field "honoring the game". Act like you have been there before, or at least pretend you have.

After you score a goal, should you point to the guy who fed you or do your goal dance - I teach the former.
I agree with you but think that is more about society and poor sportsmanship that is the norm these days not the “lax bro culture”.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Many lax bros love bowling too. :o

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”