Other
2%

Total votes: 103

tech37

Re: Transfer Poll: Chase Scanlan - Open until a decision or July 12th

Post by tech37 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:32 pm
stupefied wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:35 pm Hard to envision him transferring to a college a mile away which a 4 minute car ride or 20 minute walk given his reasons for leaving Loyola.
A mile away, but a world of difference.

DocBarrister ;)

I endorse this post! Very different cultures as evidenced by the respective stadiums: amped-up Loyola students actually attend our games at the RAC, whereas Homewood is a mixed (quiet) bag of bitter 90-year old alums and the private police force hired by Bloomberg to protect the students no one ever sees.
Ouch! :mrgreen:
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

stupefied wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:35 pm Hard to envision him transferring to a college a mile away which a 4 minute car ride or 20 minute walk given his reasons for leaving Loyola.

DocBarrister ;)

I endorse this post! Very different cultures as evidenced by the respective stadiums: amped-up Loyola students actually attend our games at the RAC, whereas Homewood is a mixed (quiet) bag of bitter 90-year old alums and the private police force hired by Bloomberg to protect the students no one ever sees.
I won't dispute the attendance figure which is a reflection of a lost decade of Hopkins lacrosse. If you have questions about the hop cops remember that it was a young MIT police officer who was the first police officer to engage with the Boston marathon bombers. the city isn't safe+Hopkins should be applauded for flexing its financial muscle to change that. Hopkins has way deeper problems than one midfielder and when Hopkins gets hot next the first comments will be-lets see them do it in may and followed by, why haven't they done this for the last decade? Different school, different expectations.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

DocBarrister ;)

Ouch ;)
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Painless actually
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

OCanada wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:28 am Painless actually
But... the brand new Dick Brown voodoo doll might not be effectively painless.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:55 pm whereas Homewood is a mixed (quiet) bag of bitter 90-year old alums and the private police force hired by Bloomberg to protect the students no one ever sees.
Savage.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Isn't today 'the day'? Didn't Xanders say 'by Sunday'? I say 'Cuse. I think the 'Hopkins or Cornell or UVA or 'Cuse, with UVA in the lead', was a head-fake.

Wake me up when the announcement comes. Good luck to all the contestants.
Scanlan.jpg
Scanlan.jpg (67.21 KiB) Viewed 3167 times
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I hear it is Navy. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:08 pm I hear it is Navy. ;)
I heard it was Princeton?
“I wish you would!”
molo

Post by molo »

At Hopkins, will he play attack, leaving Smith at midfield, or will Smith move to attack, with Scanlan playing midfield on essentially every possession. He would have been a nice addition to a loaded offensive corps at UVA, but he is an absolute game changer if he moves from Charles and Cold Spring to Charles and University Parkway.
As a personal bonus, I’ll see all his home games at Homewood while I passed up a couple of Loyola home games to watch other
games on occasion.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

molo wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:36 pm At Hopkins, will he play attack, leaving Smith at midfield, or will Smith move to attack, with Scanlan playing midfield on essentially every possession. He would have been a nice addition to a loaded offensive corps at UVA, but he is an absolute game changer if he moves from Charles and Cold Spring to Charles and University Parkway.
As a personal bonus, I’ll see all his home games at Homewood while I passed up a couple of Loyola home games to watch other
games on occasion.
IF Chase does choose Hopkins, I could only see him play at midfield ... but it would be one of those everyone-on-offense-plays-everywhere type situations. Could see him feed from the x or dodge from up top, from the wings, or from behind the net.

Could imagine Smith splitting time between midfield and attack, maybe making some room available at attack for someone like Jacob Angelus.

Anyway, Scanlan hasn’t announced his choice yet. Whoever lands him will be getting one of the best middies in college lacrosse.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

From Xanders:

Scanlan update: He says his decision won't happen today and 'may be moved back a bit', but it's between @UVAMensLax and @CuseMLAX. Put the 'Hoos in the lead when we first spoke, but Syracuse is definitely picking up steam after being 5th or 6th originally. Should be interesting.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 0922452992
Chase said he enjoyed his overnight visit at JHU on Thursday but that they didn't have his preferred major, while there was uncertainty regarding Cornell admissions, with his acceptance potentially requiring a mid-year enrollment.
I'm assuming he wants to continue majoring in communications (his major at Loyola), which Hopkins only offers as a minor. Then again I'm fairly certain UVA doesn't offer it either, so who knows. Best of luck.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

:lol: What a wreck. Literally nothing Scanlan has said has made a lick of sense. If it did, and when he seemingly spoke from his heart, everyone was quick to put words in his mouth. End the coddling. If these kids want to seek endless publicity, let them; I'm all for it. But grant them the faith that they may actually have an opinion of their own, whether or not it fits your own narrative. The greatest insult is to dismiss an individual's speech, and that's what many on here did. Dwann obviously took issue with it. If Tiffany took him, I'd be shock. Desko is dying for the kid. I doubt Hopkins and him ever would've matched up as much as they could use him.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Yawn. 30 years ago we would have heard none of this.

Carry on.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:22 pm From Xanders:

Scanlan update: He says his decision won't happen today and 'may be moved back a bit', but it's between @UVAMensLax and @CuseMLAX. Put the 'Hoos in the lead when we first spoke, but Syracuse is definitely picking up steam after being 5th or 6th originally. Should be interesting.
Too bad. Would have really liked seeing him play at Hopkins. Best wishes to the young man.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:10 pm Yawn. 30 years ago we would have heard none of this.

Carry on.
Agreed.

Hopefully, this young man will make the best decision for himself.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:30 pm https://twitter.com/tyxanders/status/11 ... 0922452992
Chase said he enjoyed his overnight visit at JHU on Thursday but that they didn't have his preferred major, while there was uncertainty regarding Cornell admissions, with his acceptance potentially requiring a mid-year enrollment.
I'm assuming he wants to continue majoring in communications (his major at Loyola), which Hopkins only offers as a minor. Then again I'm fairly certain UVA doesn't offer it either, so who knows. Best of luck.
If he is interested in communications, he should go to Syracuse. It’s a great program.
“I wish you would!”
molo

Post by molo »

Newhouse School at SU is a pipeline for journalists, sports in particular. Looks like he’s an attackman at SU.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I'm kinda tired of waiting for this announcement. If it's Syracuse, it'll be the biggest yawn in all of sports history. Or lacrosse anyway.

I really want this kid to pull a rabbit out of the hat and say "Utah!". C'mon Chase...us Hounds' fans want to know what the deal is.

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day to all you'se.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”