The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Does anyone know under what conditions the FBI is engaged for these types of investigations? I know for Supreme Court nominees the FBI, at the direction of the White House, takes up investigations for background checks on behalf of the SJC. What is normal in the case of a state AG or state Rep.? I don’t know the answer, so I am asking a question.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:Does anyone know under what conditions the FBI is engaged for these types of investigations? I know for Supreme Court nominees the FBI, at the direction of the White House, takes up investigations for background checks on behalf of the SJC. What is normal in the case of a state AG or state Rep.? I don’t know the answer, so I am asking a question.
Whats the chance, that after what? 6 prior background checks done on Keganaugh for various government postings, that the FBI will make themselves look silly by finding all sorts of evidence that the guy is an inveterate drinker and belligerent drunk?

probably TWO chances: ____________ and ____________.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What Happened to Huckleberry Graham?

"Senator Lindsey Graham is among Kavanaugh’s most ardent defenders and will likely vote to confirm the judge no matter how many lies he may have told. Back in the 1990s, however, when he was in the House, Graham was at the head of the Republican brigade that came close to bringing down President Bill Clinton for having lied about his affair with a White House intern, Monica Lewinsky. Graham blasted those who dared to pretend that perjury didn’t rise to the level of a “high crime or misdemeanor,” and strongly suggested that lying under oath merited removal for any high-level government official, not just a president.

As the debates got started in the House Judiciary Committee, Graham maintained that Clinton’s behavior was not simply a personal matter. “If this is just about sex with an intern,” he said on November 8, 1998, “and being caught off guard and making false statements but not really having a criminal heart about it, then that’s one thing. But if it’s really about gran- jury perjury, then we’ve got to say, given the context of the situation, is the political death penalty warranted?”

The political death penalty, he said, is impeachment."

This buttwipe in a suit made his name with his BS righteous indignation at Bubba Clinton. Rode it all the way to the US Senate.

NOW he wants to equivocate and deflect??

Moron.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

My assumption is that the FBI findings with regard to Kavanaugh will not be released to the public, is that correct?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Andersen wrote:My assumption is that the FBI findings with regard to Kavanaugh will not be released to the public, is that correct?
It is because they didn't find anything this time, or the previous six background checks. :lol: He is getting confirmed. Get over it.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

John Roberts Has Tried to Keep the Supreme Court Above the Partisan Fray. Kavanaugh Could Undo All That. [The Atlantic]

"The court has been on troubled footing for a while now, ever since it ruled in 2000 to give the presidential election to George W. Bush in Bush v. Gore. After the replacement of Sandra Day O’Connor with Samuel Alito in 2006 shifted the court further to the right, it has issued a number of contentious 5-4 rulings that split sharply along ideological lines, including the 2010 Citizens United decision allowing unlimited money in American elections and the 2012 decision gutting the Voting Rights Act. The percentage of Americans who say they have significant confidence in the Supreme Court as an institution has plummeted from around 50 percent in 2001 to only 37 percent today, according to Gallup.

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, he would arrive at the court as one of its most unpopular justices ever, with recent polls showing that only 42 percent of voters think he should be confirmed. His naked partisan comments during his confirmation hearing aren’t likely to help the court’s standing with the public. Shouting at members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Kavanaugh blamed his predicament on a vast left-wing conspiracy. “This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars and money from outside left-wing opposition groups,” he raged.

Despite many of the court’s recent controversial 5-4 rulings, Roberts has attempted to build consensus among the court’s liberal and conservative factions when possible. In 2006, at the end of his first term, Roberts told legal analyst Jeff Rosen, “Politics are closely divided. The same with the Congress. There ought to be some sense of some stability, if the government is not going to polarize completely. It’s a high priority to keep any kind of partisan divide out of the judiciary as well.”

Remember that Keganaugh is a pure-bred partisan soldier...according to someone down in the trenches with him... They're looking to put another one over on us here...that much is clear...

Wonderful.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:

I agree with seacoaster that this thread is supposedly about the Supreme Court and related topics.s) and she requested an FBI investigation to help get to the truth. Contrast that with Kavanaugh and I think we have to say that she is simply far more credible in her behavior in this than has been Kavanaugh. That's probably not enough to convict in a court of law, but close.

We'll need to see how the Ellison situation plays out, but I'd sure as heck hope that if the accuser proves to be credible, then we'd all take that seriously, D or R or I.
And yet, we have kind hearted pretends bashing people posting on this, and other, threads. Why log in and write that someone lost credibility....long ago. What the heck does that have to do with Kav and a vacancy on the Supremes. Personnel attacks. Laxfi was another given an extremely long leash on LP. Stay classy Hopkins guys.

guess the job can't be very important, as long term vacanies are the norm. You run you business this way? exactly

Anyone ever ask Elena K. if she smoked pot during her job interview? exactly
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Lax Fidelis wrote:
a fan wrote:Tell me, so I don't have to wait for the book to come out: what do "they" have on the rest of Trump's short list of SCOTUS picks?

Should be easy to find. Strap on the tin foil and tell me what you got.

And you don't care if a potential Justice lies to Congress and America? Alright. You just lost all credibility, and you know it.
a fan? Exactly when did fattyrussellwheat have any credibility? He spent all those chips years ago.
What a jerk.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:John Roberts Has Tried to Keep the Supreme Court Above the Partisan Fray. Kavanaugh Could Undo All That. [The Atlantic]

"The court has been on troubled footing for a while now, ever since it ruled in 2000 to give the presidential election to George W. Bush in Bush v. Gore. After the replacement of Sandra Day O’Connor with Samuel Alito in 2006 shifted the court further to the right, it has issued a number of contentious 5-4 rulings that split sharply along ideological lines, including the 2010 Citizens United decision allowing unlimited money in American elections and the 2012 decision gutting the Voting Rights Act. The percentage of Americans who say they have significant confidence in the Supreme Court as an institution has plummeted from around 50 percent in 2001 to only 37 percent today, according to Gallup.

If Kavanaugh is confirmed, he would arrive at the court as one of its most unpopular justices ever, with recent polls showing that only 42 percent of voters think he should be confirmed. His naked partisan comments during his confirmation hearing aren’t likely to help the court’s standing with the public. Shouting at members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Kavanaugh blamed his predicament on a vast left-wing conspiracy. “This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons, and millions of dollars and money from outside left-wing opposition groups,” he raged.

Despite many of the court’s recent controversial 5-4 rulings, Roberts has attempted to build consensus among the court’s liberal and conservative factions when possible. In 2006, at the end of his first term, Roberts told legal analyst Jeff Rosen, “Politics are closely divided. The same with the Congress. There ought to be some sense of some stability, if the government is not going to polarize completely. It’s a high priority to keep any kind of partisan divide out of the judiciary as well.”

Remember that Keganaugh is a pure-bred partisan soldier...according to someone down in the trenches with him... They're looking to put another one over on us here...that much is clear...

Wonderful.
Nah, I kinda liked the Dred Scott Decision :roll: Been saying for years that the Supremes are choosing very poorly. BUT.....COngress and the President write the laws. But you and your pretends love dark money/PACS too. In other words, show me/us the legislation that was sent to the committee abyss ? Pretty please. Oh, right, it don't exist. TAMATS (even the talking heads on CNN & Flake, etc, said so )
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

That was my understanding of how things worked but last week people on this board stated that the FBI does not get involved in situations like Kavanaugh’s. I believe President Trump also said that two weeks ago. I have no reason to believe Ellison’s accuser is lying. It should be investigated. When witnesses don’t cooperate, cases don’t go anywhere, even if a crime was committed, unless there is overwhelming evidence and you don’t need the accusers testimony.

Right, why Dr. Ford has zero credibility. She is an uncooperative witness. SHe hasn't even filed a complaint yet with the Monkey County police, even though Maryland has no statues of limitations on sexual assault crimes.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

That was my understanding of how things worked but last week people on this board stated that the FBI does not get involved in situations like Kavanaugh’s. I believe President Trump also said that two weeks ago. I have no reason to believe Ellison’s accuser is lying. It should be investigated. When witnesses don’t cooperate, cases don’t go anywhere, even if a crime was committed, unless there is overwhelming evidence and you don’t need the accusers testimony.

Right, why Dr. Ford has zero credibility. She is an uncooperative witness. SHe hasn't even filed a complaint yet with the Monkey County police, even though Maryland has no statues of limitations on sexual assault crimes.
The SJC hearing was a criminal action?
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Right, TLD it's a "job interview". You can go to jail for lying (perjury) when trying to get a job at TLD enterprises or at AFANS molly hatchet approving distillary. :roll:

See the conundrum?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Right, TLD it's a "job interview". You can go to jail for lying (perjury) when trying to get a job at TLD enterprises or at AFANS molly hatchet approving distillary. :roll:

See the conundrum?
I didn't make the rules. Why lie.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:Does anyone know under what conditions the FBI is engaged for these types of investigations? I know for Supreme Court nominees the FBI, at the direction of the White House, takes up investigations for background checks on behalf of the SJC. What is normal in the case of a state AG or state Rep.? I don’t know the answer, so I am asking a question.
Whats the chance, that after what? 6 prior background checks done on Keganaugh for various government postings, that the FBI will make themselves look silly by finding all sorts of evidence that the guy is an inveterate drinker and belligerent drunk?

probably TWO chances: ____________ and ____________.

Well, so far, all the accusations are over 30 years old. Only golf heros can be redeemed? :roll: :roll:
Again, john mclame was SIXTY ONE years old when he attempted as horrible mysoginistic "joke" yet, you and your "forgave" Oh, right, b/c the supremes write laws, they can never hang around felony drug users????

Maybe YOUR congress person could renew or revamp the preclearance issue regarding voting laws. I am so very sure you have sent emails or letters to them on this important issue. So, very very sure. But, districts should be watched b/c of the sins of their GRANDfathers, not recent history. South Carolina elected what color woman again? Yet, liberal land of pretends like Massachusettes elects how many blacks to it Congress? Brooks.....and only Brooks. And he was elected 40 + years ago. Yup, voting rights/restrictions should only apply to "southern" states.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

See the conundrum?
What am I lying about? The SJC hearings are just job interviews, not a criminal trail. Yet, if you lie, b/c you are under oath, you can go to jail. Do I have this wrong? If I tell AFAN that I invented cotton candy and the shamwow (lies) would I go to jail?
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Ford's own testimony provides numerous "huh?" moments, and thanks to relentless Internet sleuthing by amateur researchers, we have many more pieces to this puzzle:

1. The curious timing of her 2012 "Couples Therapy" session. First of all, as one poster put it, "Couples Therapy" to a guy means his wife isn't giving him any. "Sexual Trauma" is the wife's blanket excuse for not giving him any. And naming a famous person tangentially associated with her past as the source of said "sexual trauma" creates an unassailable monster that cements her story to hubby.

The timing issue is laid out at http://www.bookwormroom.com...
with the persuasive argument that the "Therapy" session was to get this story on the record somewhere in case Romney won in 2012 and nominated Kavenaugh to the SC. That didn't happen until 2018 with the Trump Administration, when the plan ginned up six years earlier was dusted off and put into action.

2. Photos and yearbook entries from Blasey-Ford's high school days paint a picture of booze-fueled and sexually predatory females. Here's two links worth viewing:

http://www.shadolsonshow.co...

https://www.facebook.com/ph...

3. The seventh FBI investigation should include one NEW question that would be worth getting answered: Ask Ford’s parents and siblings why they DIDN'T sign the letter in support of their family member Christine. Does her OWN FAMILY think she's an unstable loon with a fabricated story, and want to avoid committing perjury?

4. Aside from her testimony that the 2012 therapist wrote down the wrong number of alleged assailants (he had one more listed, which opens up multiple new cans of worms), a point that jumped out for me during her testimony was that she can't remember whose HOUSE it was! She knew ALL FOUR of the other people at the party, but none of them lived there! Did homeowners in that area in 1982 just let random teenagers hold parties in their houses when they themselves were not home?

I get that some leftists will do ANYTHING to take down Trump by any means possible, but it stuns me that this woman has any supporters at all among normally thoughtful people...
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:

See the conundrum?
What am I lying about? The SJC hearings are just job interviews, not a criminal trail. Yet, if you lie, b/c you are under oath, you can go to jail. Do I have this wrong? If I tell AFAN that I invented cotton candy and the shamwow (lies) would I go to jail?
Not you..... Kavanaugh. Why tell a lie.? A judge committing perjury and nobody cares. He said he is a virgin? That means no sex? Is a hand job or a favor sex? is is. is? Is a girl giving a favor having sex? is she still a virgin if her hymen is intact? Ol' Brett was leading the Ken Starr charge and he is going to sit up there and tell small lies? Its ok to lie to get what you want if others are keeping you from getting there by telling the truth?.....
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

If i lived in fattyrussellwheat's world, i'd be damned scared to even go out of my HOUSE! He said THIS, but what about THAT!? Even though THIS happened, WHAT ABOUT that!? I must be pretending something because i didn't call THAT out because THIS happened. No position is credible because THAT happened and what about THIS? NO POSITION IS CREDIBLE because someone i supported in THIS way said THAT ABOUT this or that support back before the narrative veered off in THAT direction. Your narrative is "boring" because you said THIS or didn't repudiate THAT back in 2003 or 2011. But no matter, since he's a SHAYSIAN, it all makes perfect sense!!

We always used to joke about using our "Fatty Goggles" to attempt to understand WHAT THE FORK this guy is even talking about. There are contrarians, and then there's fatty. It's exhausting, and yet he/she still gets all grumpy when he thinks someone is ignoring him.

Isn't there a street corner out there missing its lunatic? Or, as he/she would probably prefer it, its King Lear, raging at the storm???

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Man oh man there's some wild-eyed baloney getting spewed out in defense of this particular SCOTUS pick.

Pretty crazy stuff going on in my own household as well. Dinner last night was a trip. No broken dishes, but close.
Two older men, one 86 (father), another 64 (brother-in-law on wife's side), are all-in supporters of Kavanaugh, don't see even a smidgeon of lying or obfuscation out of him (he's the victim), all the women and anyone, male or female, under the age of 40 are all-in supporters of Ford's credibility. I'm an old guy as is my other brother-in-law, but are with the latter group. My sister is probably the hottest on the topic from her perspective, outraged at our father's dismissal of Ford. And boy oh boy are the old men dense. Not even a smattering of recognition of how offensive they sound.

It's quite the divide.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Well, there's good sex and bad sex. And GREAT sex. If you jerk off and ejaculate, are you still a virgin? (some idiotic religions, wait they ALL are.....ban spanking the monkey )

The September 30th Federal budget deadline has come and gone. Anything happen? Kav was nominated in early July. It's October. Stop wasting time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk_mycR ... U&index=12

Return to “POLITICS”