CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I will pay closer attention to her words.
Is criticism of Israel always anti-Semitic?

No. Anti-Israel activity crosses the line to anti-Semitism when:
All Jews are held responsible for the actions of Israel.
Israel is denied the right to exist as a Jewish state and equal member of the global community.
Traditional anti-Semitic symbols, images or theories are used.

Israel is a country like any other, with some policies that are good and others that are not so good. Israel’s press is often critical of its own government’s policies and politicians. So are many Israeli citizens.

We don’t have to agree with criticism of Israeli policy. But we can’t say it is beyond the bounds of reasonable discourse, and it surely isn’t anti-Semitism.

But sometimes criticism or condemnation of Israel is transparently a cover for anti-Semitism, such as when it uses traditional anti-Semitic imagery or stereotypes, blames all Jews for the actions of Israel, or denies or questions Israel’s right to exist.

There is also a gray area between legitimate criticism and transparent anti-Semitism, where anti-Israeli expression and campaigns help create an environment that makes anti-Semitism more acceptable and more probable.

Think carefully about what you have seen or heard so you can figure out how to respond.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:48 am I will pay closer attention to her words.

No. Anti-Israel activity crosses the line to anti-Semitism when:
All Jews are held responsible for the actions of Israel.
Israel is denied the right to exist as a Jewish state and equal member of the global community.
Traditional anti-Semitic symbols, images or theories are used.

Israel is a country like any other, with some policies that are good and others that are not so good. Israel’s press is often critical of its own government’s policies and politicians. So are many Israeli citizens.

We don’t have to agree with criticism of Israeli policy. But we can’t say it is beyond the bounds of reasonable discourse, and it surely isn’t anti-Semitism.

But sometimes criticism or condemnation of Israel is transparently a cover for anti-Semitism, such as when it uses traditional anti-Semitic imagery or stereotypes, blames all Jews for the actions of Israel, or denies or questions Israel’s right to exist.

There is also a gray area between legitimate criticism and transparent anti-Semitism, where anti-Israeli expression and campaigns help create an environment that makes anti-Semitism more acceptable and more probable.

Think carefully about what you have seen or heard so you can figure out how to respond.
Omar goes farther than I would. I do not think it is anti-semitic to question Israel's (or any country's) existence. Israel as a country exists because of a pretty iffy process driven by the western democracies of the time. Not just the existence of Israel, but much of the middle east, and its problems finds genesis in that process following the two world wars.

I still do not buy that Omar's statements at the time were inherently anti-semitic. She remained on the right side of the line. She may be anti-semitic but you can't prove it by her words from the two most recent incidents.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

... here's why CNN and others makes such a statement:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88

Post by CU88 »

by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... wanting-t/
A New York associate professor reportedly published an essay this month saying he considered kicking a homeless white boy in the face near a New York City subway.

Nicholas Powers, a contributor to RaceBaitr.com who also teaches English at the State University of New York College at Old Westbury, wrote a piece on June 11 titled, “Seeing poor white people makes me happy,” according to archives shared by The College Fix.

“White people begging us for food feels like justice,” he wrote. “It feels like Afro-Futurism after America falls. It feels like a Black Nationalist wet dream. It has the feels I rarely feel, a hunger for historical vengeance satisfied so well I rub my belly.”
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

How sad is it that the legacy of Emmitt Till keeps getting abused, tortured and the target of disturbing hatred even 64 years after his murder and civic travesty at the court hearing of his murderers. Until now, I had no idea that the historic marker for Till had been replaced multiple times due to bullet damage and various abuse. Now they want to come up with a sign that may be impervious to bullet damage. How long will it take for these idiots down there to change.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ole-miss-s ... suspended/
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Another shooting. This time in Gilroy, CA at a garlic festival. Investigation is ongoing but there are alleged white supremacist statements by the shooter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/food- ... index.html
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 2bd69b126e

file under NFN (not fitting narrative )

been going on ...like....forevah....in DC.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:16 pm Another shooting. This time in Gilroy, CA at a garlic festival. Investigation is ongoing but there are alleged white supremacist statements by the shooter.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/food- ... index.html

Yup. Another sicko white supremacist who is bigoted, anti-semite, and detests women:

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/artic ... 192030.php

His unofficial bible said to be thus:

https://archive.org/stream/MightIsRight ... d_djvu.txt

Interesting that commentators over the years have thought Might Is Right was authored by Jew hating racist Jack London - confession, I joined with those who hold that sentiment - though I felt there was some collaboration with some unidentified author, probably a member of the somewhat heterophobic and racist conspiracy known as Bohemian Club. This because there is some form of European stylism in the writing and this being a form not typical of London's other writings.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

All too often in the twisted minds of delusional right wingers this is always the case. And they spare no effort in accusing anyone who dares to criticize Israel as being "antisemitic". That has happened to me more than enough times on this forum and on others. But if such myths had any basis in reality, folks such as those in Peace Now, Tikkun, Satmars, and others would be "anti Semites". That sure as hell would be a laugh.

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 pm

All too often in the twisted minds of delusional right wingers this is always the case. And they spare no effort in accusing anyone who dares to criticize Israel as being "antisemitic". That has happened to me more than enough times on this forum and on others. But if such myths had any basis in reality, folks such as those in Peace Now, Tikkun, Satmars, and others would be "anti Semites". That sure as hell would be a laugh.
Is criticism of black politicians always racist?
And, I notice not ONE word from the pretends about the video of a gang of thugs attacking a hotel guest/tourist. Hmmmm....why IS that?
Did anyone else notice that the washPost sat on this story for days upon days. Hmmmmm....why IS that?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:12 am

And, I notice not ONE word from the pretends about the video of a gang of thugs attacking a hotel guest/tourist. Hmmmm....why IS that?
Did anyone else notice that the washPost sat on this story for days upon days. Hmmmmm....why IS that?
I missed it. You have a link?
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 am

It's a few posts back - https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 3b31679b97

Not sure what he's looking for comments-wise. It's a heinous act by a group of kids. There's no indication it's tied to a nation-wide movement or what the motivation even was. So we're somehow expected to compare a single act of off-the-cuff violence vs. an ideological threat shared by many that simmers over in regular fashion in order to terrorize and intimidate entire groups of people.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:35 am

It's a few posts back - https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... 3b31679b97

Not sure what he's looking for comments-wise. It's a heinous act by a group of kids. There's no indication it's tied to a nation-wide movement or what the motivation even was. So we're somehow expected to compare a single act of off-the-cuff violence vs. an ideological threat shared by many that simmers over in regular fashion in order to terrorize and intimidate entire groups of people.
Thanks. Thugs. Hopefully if the case supports it, they will be severely prosecuted.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Hopefully these clowns are buried as well.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/26/us/balti ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

another USA terrorist:

instead of ridding the USA of these threats, Trump stupidly persists in building up his destructive wall

Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:44 pm More, and more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... f9b89a000d
That will keep them out of our country.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

There were no terrorists in TX for Ratcliffe to track.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald- ... orism-case
...pointing to Ratcliffe's experience as a federal prosecutor and then as a congressman serving on the House intelligence and judiciary committees.

"Ratcliffe opened, managed and supervised numerous domestic and international terrorism-related cases," she said of his time in the U.S. attorney's office, adding that he "handled top secret, secret and confidential national security information as part of his daily responsibilities."

The Texan's allies also have defended his qualifications.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn on Monday called Ratcliffe a "worthy successor" to Coats, upon whom he heaped praise.
And former U.S. attorney Matt Orwig, who once hired Ratcliffe, said he was "imminently qualified" to be intel chief.

Orwig sought to further buttress Ratcliffe's standing by telling ABC News that his one-time protégé worked several terrorism-related cases, though he declined to specify them.

The former top prosecutor in the Eastern District of Texas also told The News that when Ratcliffe served as his anti-terrorism and national security chief, he worked to "bring together all the state, federal and local agencies" involved in security efforts.

"That's the job that he did," Orwig said. "He did it very, very well."
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:50 pm There were no terrorists in TX for Ratcliffe to track.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/donald- ... orism-case
...pointing to Ratcliffe's experience as a federal prosecutor and then as a congressman serving on the House intelligence and judiciary committees.

"Ratcliffe opened, managed and supervised numerous domestic and international terrorism-related cases," she said of his time in the U.S. attorney's office, adding that he "handled top secret, secret and confidential national security information as part of his daily responsibilities."

The Texan's allies also have defended his qualifications.

Texas Sen. John Cornyn on Monday called Ratcliffe a "worthy successor" to Coats, upon whom he heaped praise. Trump on Tuesday hailed Ratcliffe as a "very talented guy." And former U.S. attorney Matt Orwig, who once hired Ratcliffe, said he was "imminently qualified" to be intel chief.

Orwig sought to further buttress Ratcliffe's standing by telling ABC News that his one-time protégé worked several terrorism-related cases, though he declined to specify them.

The former top prosecutor in the Eastern District of Texas also told The News that when Ratcliffe served as his anti-terrorism and national security chief, he worked to "bring together all the state, federal and local agencies" involved in security efforts.

"That's the job that he did," Orwig said. "He did it very, very well."
Ratcliffe could have stopped this shooter....don’t know why people are picking on him....shooter was radicalized on line. Ratcliffe could have stopped it.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”