The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: SCOTUS

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:Since you guys clearly can't take a hint:

https://blog.sfgate.com/smellthetruth/2 ... d-parties/

Never partaked, however. never. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Justice Sonia Sotomayor agreed with Kagan, also hinting that race could have been involved in the arrests.

“If police officers arrived at a wealthy home and it was white teenagers having a party … I doubt very much those kids would be arrested,” Sotomayor argued.

SO friggin out of touch with reality, these Supremes are. Nope, no white teenagers have EVER been arrested for hosting a party in a vacant home.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ed ... d7de1a26da

Happens all the time......
Of course it does. And exactly why Sotomayor's comments are friggin scary pathetic ignorant. Like I continually say, the Justices are nerds. With "private" problems.

Any combat vets ever serve as a Supreme justice? exactly (in our lifetime)

Any medical doctors? Again, you do NOT have to be a lawyer to be a Supreme.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
DMac

Post by DMac »

runrussellrun wrote:
DMac wrote:
DMac wrote:Question for you, russy, do you believe that Barf Keganaugh is telling the truth when he tells us he's never blacked out after having too much to drink (which he's admitted to)?
russy, ol' boy, why won't you answer this question?
I did, but the feds are hacking my computer b/c I am mentioning her and it went away :D

I answered YES, I think he is telling the truth. Or at least what he thinks is the truth.

But, you have to define what blacking out is. Is it driving home from Mantolocking and waking up with THAT girl, and not remembering driving home or her at all? Or, is it just not remembering bits and pieces of the night. Like who drove you there. Who drove you home. (sound familiar? )

According to most "experts", if you blacked out just ONCE in your life, you are an alcoholic. Do you agree?
I don't believe him, and I don't think the vast majority of those who have partied a little bit here and there in their lives do either. If you do, so be it.
I can't break down the definition of blacking out to that fine of a point for you, but I sure know what it is.
The expert's definition of alcoholic is not what most people want to hear and are unwilling to accept. I do understand what they're saying and don't completely disagree with it. If you abuse alcohol to that extent the chances of your becoming an alcoholic are much greater than one who never has. The alcohol has taken control of you if you drink to that extent, it's what's calling the shots (no pun intended) at that point, not you. They want you to recognize that (for your sake) and be careful with alcohol.
njbill

Post by njbill »

runrussellrun wrote: At least when SNL did it with Clarence, they had Anita in the skit.
Don’t forget Long Dong Silver.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Biden wouldn't let witnesses in to the Anita Hill hearing room (they were waiting outside) that worked at Blockbuster and were bringing in receipts showing Mr. Thomas' rentals of "Long Dong Silver" titles.

He really shouldn't ever run for office again...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-jmqwga1s

Kavanaugh made the newspapers for starting a bar fight at Yale.

And when he said he first learned of Ms Ramirez in the NY story, that wasn’t true either. Texts from Yale classmates show he was talking to them during the summer about it.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Yup, it looks like the virgin choir boy left a pretty big trail at Yale and he has in recent weeks been talking to people to try and get them to cover for him.

Shortly after Kavanaugh defined "Devil's Triangle" on Thursday, someone in the House of Representatives logged into Urban Dictionary to add the definition. Wikipedia, Urban Dictionary and all these community maintained services log changes including the IP address and MAC of the individual who made the change.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

It’s like Mike Cohen and Rudy are running the coverup.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote:Yup, it looks like the virgin choir boy left a pretty big trail at Yale and he has in recent weeks been talking to people to try and get them to cover for him.

Shortly after Kavanaugh defined "Devil's Triangle" on Thursday, someone in the House of Representatives logged into Urban Dictionary to add the definition. Wikipedia, Urban Dictionary and all these community maintained services log changes including the IP address and MAC of the individual who made the change.
probably Hoyer or Cummins from Maryland, under the advisement of Miller. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Is it me or does anyone else feel like we can do better.....

“I wish you would!”
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

DD-Tech wrote:
Trinity wrote:The idiot I was golfing with yesterday in Florida saw the news on his phone and started cursing Dr Ford because she “lived her whole life in California.”

I did not know where to begin.....
Nothing worse than getting paired up with a douchebag. How’d you hit’em Trinity? :lol:
ive never been paired with a dou.... uh oh
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
ggait

Post by ggait »

According to most "experts", if you blacked out just ONCE in your life, you are an alcoholic. Do you agree?
Nonsense. Completely wrong. Blacking out is pretty common actually. I've experienced a black/brown out several times over the years, and I'm a pretty modest social drinker.

It is basically impossible to tell whether another very drunk person is/is not experiencing alcohol induced amnesia (aka blacking out). From my many years of bartending, about the only way to tell in real time is if the drunk person keeps telling you the same joke/story over and over again. Otherwise, you have to wait until the next morning to see if the person remembers the night before.

But if you are repeatedly drinking to severe intoxication, the odds are very strong that you have blacked out. One study says that 51% of college students who drink have blacked out. The thing that most often causes a black out (which are somewhat unpredictable) is a quick spike in the BAC. Chugging, doing shots, and playing drinking games pretty much guarantee you are going to have black out sooner or later. So it is very implausible that a frat bro like Kav never had a black/brown out.

Kav has to vociferously deny any suggestion of a black/brown out, since that would be a perfect explanation for why he doesn't remember any of Ford's claims. And Kav knows it will be hard to catch him in that likely lie. Unless he takes a polygraph, the only other proof would be testimony from someone else saying they heard Kav talk about not being able to remember the night before.
Last edited by ggait on Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
DD-Tech

Post by DD-Tech »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
DD-Tech wrote:
Trinity wrote:The idiot I was golfing with yesterday in Florida saw the news on his phone and started cursing Dr Ford because she “lived her whole life in California.”

I did not know where to begin.....
Nothing worse than getting paired up with a douchebag. How’d you hit’em Trinity? :lol:
ive never been paired with a dou.... uh oh
:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote:
Nonsense. Completely wrong. Blacking out is pretty common actually. I've experienced a black/brown out several times over the years, and I'm a pretty modest social drinker.

It is basically impossible to tell whether another very drunk person is/is not experiencing alcohol induced amnesia (aka blacking out). From my many years of bartending, about the only way to tell in real time is if the drunk person keeps telling you the same joke/story over and over again. Otherwise, you have to wait until the next morning to see if the person remembers the night before.

But if you are repeatedly drinking to severe intoxication, the odds are very strong that you have blacked out. One study says that 51% of college students who drink have blacked out. The thing that most often causes a black out (which are somewhat unpredictable) is a quick spike in the BAC. Chugging, doing shots, and playing drinking games pretty much guarantee you are going to have black out sooner or later. So it is very implausible that a frat bro like Kav never had a black/brown out.

Kav has to vociferously deny any suggestion of a black/brown out, since that would be a perfect explanation for why he doesn't remember any of Ford's claims. And Kav knows it will be hard to catch him in that likely lie. Unless he takes a polygraph, the only other proof would be testimony from someone else saying they heard Kav talk about not being able to remember the night before.
Sort of like Kavanaugh writing that he stumbled of the bus drunk and was trying to piece the night back together.....

“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Kavanaugh character witness basketball player Chris Dudley is the guy who smashed the glass off the guy’s head in the bar. Now I know Michael Cohen is involved.
Lax Fidelis

Post by Lax Fidelis »

a fan wrote:Tell me, so I don't have to wait for the book to come out: what do "they" have on the rest of Trump's short list of SCOTUS picks?

Should be easy to find. Strap on the tin foil and tell me what you got.

And you don't care if a potential Justice lies to Congress and America? Alright. You just lost all credibility, and you know it.
a fan? Exactly when did fattyrussellwheat have any credibility? He spent all those chips years ago.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Pretty interesting article on the blackout business:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/29/opin ... kouts.html

When this thread set up, were any of us thinking that the subject matter would be binge drinking, blackouts and aggressive conduct from a potential justice? Gerrymandering please.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The thread is about the SCOTUS. And Ellison is not up for confirmation as a Justice of the Court. It's really as simple as that. The proposed narrative is a form of "whatabout" that gets tedious. It isn't hypocrisy to be less interested in Ellison's conduct. Start a thread on a topic that fits with the allegations against Ellison.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

seacoaster wrote:The thread is about the SCOTUS. And Ellison is not up for confirmation as a Justice of the Court. It's really as simple as that. The proposed narrative is a form of "whatabout" that gets tedious. It isn't hypocrisy to be less interested in Ellison's conduct. Start a thread on a topic that fits with the allegations against Ellison.
You start a new thread if it bothers you so much. What's "simple" is it's the same issue, abuse of women, and your "whatabout" comment is shameful. Let's see, you're not up for SCOTUS like K seacoaster, you're just a common lawyer, so it's OK if you beat your wife today. Excellent logic counselor :roll:
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Since neither party is willing to bypass their own interests and fill this lengthy SC vacancy, maybe it's time they are selected by us wee folk. Think our Founding Fathers would be pretty pissed off with this gross distortion of checks and balances.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"

Return to “POLITICS”